RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Peugeot 408......, Launching Soon ? Now with pics... :D

SKYjack
post Jun 4 2012, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ckwong111 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:34 PM)
You call up HQ? So this is official then? I was thinking of calling the Balan guy and check the full mod pricing...

Anyway, no HU option also good (if official), at least can "mati jantung" and no need "hati gatal" to think should or should not go for the HU and body kit upgrade at RM6K+

No choice, if HU upgrade must get from HQ/branch/authorized dealer, provided they provide warranty, else void warranty then really die looorrrr...
Yes don't fit stuff at random. Check with HQ on warranty contracts first. It will be a shame to loose 5 year warranty. Don't forget to let's us know.

Added on June 4, 2012, 5:52 pm
QUOTE(CarFan @ Jun 4 2012, 12:09 PM)
ok tq bro. Didn't realise the volume control is behinde the steering wheel. Good info. On the glove box, I normally keep a torch and my smarttag in it. Don't think it will fit into this glove box though.
I did not realise the glove cmpt was that small. Looks like I too have to get a smaller torch......hehehe!

Added on June 4, 2012, 6:02 pm
QUOTE(kevinboey86 @ Jun 4 2012, 05:43 PM)
skyjack mention it was not an option but aftermarket choice. So i guess there isn't any option to include gps because the SA i asked didnt mention any upgrade options for 408
I'd say use a portable GPS. After a while I'm quite sure GPS and some other goodie will come as an upgrade. Then your warranty will not void. NASA milks this cash cow.Why do you think the price is very reasonable,more money on the way! Exactly how it happened on the 407!

This post has been edited by SKYjack: Jun 4 2012, 06:06 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ckwong111
post Jun 4 2012, 06:24 PM

Hi all, check with HQ & 2 other branches. The mod car in 1U roadshow was "mod-up" on purpose to make the 408 more impressive. At this point in time, no option to upgrade the 408 other than with comes with stock right now...

Most popular colours being ordered now are white, black and blue. Personally, I like the Aster Grey...
+Quote Post
SKYjack
post Jun 4 2012, 06:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ckwong111 @ Jun 4 2012, 12:38 AM)
If mod everything, the car becomes like close to RM140K, then might as well consider K5...it has almost everything except Kimchi brand and performance on the lower end of the torque because the car is more heavy...
My 2nd choice is the K5. The is a D segment car and does cost a bit more. Don't look down on the Kimchi brand, they have walked over the Japs and are closing the Conti gap. I was very impressed! rclxms.gif
My only hesitation was the loud engine roar upon hard acceleration, infact this was rather uncomfortable. The 408t is silky smooth which convenced me to sign on the dotted line! biggrin.gif

Added on June 4, 2012, 6:37 pm
QUOTE(ckwong111 @ Jun 4 2012, 06:24 PM)
Most popular colours being ordered now are white, black and blue. Personally, I like the Aster Grey...
Rumour has it the blue and gold may be discontinued due to low demand. Better get your order in, just in case the grey faces the same fate!

This post has been edited by SKYjack: Jun 4 2012, 06:37 PM
+Quote Post
ckwong111
post Jun 4 2012, 06:53 PM

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 4 2012, 06:27 PM)
My 2nd choice is the K5. The is a D segment car and does cost a bit more. Don't look down on the Kimchi brand, they have walked over the Japs and are closing the Conti gap. I was very impressed! rclxms.gif
My only hesitation was the loud engine roar upon hard acceleration, infact this was rather uncomfortable. The 408t is silky smooth which convenced me to sign on the dotted line! biggrin.gif
I know, I have no issue with branding. For me to make a decision, it is research on Internet and forum feedback. You can sell me a car made in China, if you can combine all the tech in K5, NVH & FC of an Elantra, performance in 408T and cabin space, legroom and quality in Ford Mondeo at Forte 2.0 price rclxms.gif , but seriously you can only hope for the best to meet >80% of the above sad.gif

Seriously, there is no such thing as the "perfect" car with the perfect setup, else where will have new model and facelift version...and different segment as well?

Of course, after-sales service is also important so if a new China brand car tells me they only got 1 service center in each state in Malaysia, then of course I will only say thank you but no thank you...

Added on June 4, 2012, 7:01 pm
QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 4 2012, 06:27 PM)

Added on June 4, 2012, 6:37 pm
Rumour has it the blue and gold may be discontinued due to low demand. Better get your order in, just in case the grey faces the same fate!
Always will have the safe choice...Silver! Less washing than White color...can last up to 1 week before the need to go to your friendly neighbourhood RM12 wash & vacuum center smile.gif

This post has been edited by ckwong111: Jun 4 2012, 07:01 PM
+Quote Post
LLH
post Jun 4 2012, 07:23 PM

Group: New Member

Test driven both 408 2.0 and 408T, true to the findings of most forumers, the 2.0 is tuned to have a more comfortable ride while the 1.6T is tuned to be more sporty. I think the main difference is that the 1.6T steering feels heavier, but very powerful. Personally I prefer the 2.0.
+Quote Post
wendyl1ng
post Jun 4 2012, 07:33 PM

guys..need comments..now got 2 choices..mazda 3 2.0 RM116K and peugeot 408 RM109K..which one better ya?
+Quote Post
SKYjack
post Jun 4 2012, 07:49 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wendyl1ng @ Jun 4 2012, 05:06 PM)
i just went to test drive today..i like 408T design..but it is not as comfort as 308T..dunno which to choose..dilemma..
Don't understand what you mean by 308t being more comfortable. 408 is a much larger car with much larger cabin and boot! However if you are set on the 308t,better get it now. I understand this model will be discontinued.
+Quote Post
hestonbear
post Jun 4 2012, 07:51 PM

M3 with 116k? mind to share where u get the offer?

i test driven both car, personally i like the handling of M3 and of coz the sporty design but the rear seat space and door design is not good for my old man moving in and out sad.gif

408 might be my choice n 2.0 is just nice for me. but one thing i dun like about the front seat, the shoulder part is narrow sad.gif

Added on June 4, 2012, 7:53 pm
QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 4 2012, 07:49 PM)
Don't understand what you mean by 308t being more comfortable. 408 is a much larger car with much larger cabin and boot! However if you are set on the 308t,better get it now. I understand this model will be discontinued.
Really? nasim salesman telling me that facelift version of 308 will be launching soon

This post has been edited by hestonbear: Jun 4 2012, 07:53 PM
+Quote Post
SKYjack
post Jun 4 2012, 08:04 PM

Getting Started

Added on June 4, 2012, 7:53 pm

Really? nasim salesman telling me that facelift version of 308 will be launching soon

[/quote]
Not sure you can call it a face lift. It's a 308 sedan and a completely different face. Must admit it looks more sleek than the 408. The present 308t is on it's way out.you may only be able to get existing stock, no new production. I'll be seeing my agent next week for signing of loan docs,will ask him about the 308t.
+Quote Post
ckwong111
post Jun 4 2012, 08:16 PM

QUOTE(wendyl1ng @ Jun 4 2012, 07:33 PM)
guys..need comments..now got 2 choices..mazda 3 2.0 RM116K and peugeot 408 RM109K..which one better ya?
Here's how I rank my selection:-

1. Budget
2. Tech (Engine, ICE and in-car gadgets)
3. Design
4. Performance
5. Cabin space & knee room
6. Brand
7. After-sales service
8. Warranty
8. 2nd hand value
9. Parts & Maint cost after warranty

Just a guideline, I am sure everyone is different...
+Quote Post
wendyl1ng
post Jun 4 2012, 08:26 PM

ya..peugeot 308T stop production..coming up facelift with LED lights and leather seat in his thursday..of course the price will increase..the salesgirl said bout RM123k..i hv no idea..coz 1st time to buy car.. sad.gif

Added on June 4, 2012, 8:26 pmya..peugeot 308T stop production..coming up facelift with LED lights and leather seat in this thursday..of course the price will increase..the salesgirl said bout RM123k..i hv no idea..coz 1st time to buy car.. sad.gif

This post has been edited by wendyl1ng: Jun 4 2012, 08:26 PM
+Quote Post
SKYjack
post Jun 4 2012, 08:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(LLH @ Jun 4 2012, 07:23 PM)
Test driven both 408 2.0 and 408T, true to the findings of most forumers, the 2.0 is tuned to have a more comfortable ride while the 1.6T is tuned to be more sporty. I think the main difference is that the 1.6T steering feels heavier, but very powerful. Personally I prefer the 2.0.
NA uses hydraulics to steer the wheels. This eliminates the heaviness,however tends to loose feel,ie the steering is light.
The turbo model uses electro-hydraulic system. The muscle to move the heavy wheel is hydraulics. The command and feedback signals are electronically transmitted. The feedback can be tuned to provide an accurate feel. As such the steering feel is much more precise as to exactly what the car is doing.

Added on June 4, 2012, 8:49 pm
QUOTE(wendyl1ng @ Jun 4 2012, 08:26 PM)
ya..peugeot 308T stop production..coming up facelift with LED lights and leather seat in his thursday..of course the price will increase..the salesgirl said bout RM123k..i hv no idea..coz 1st time to buy car.. sad.gif

Added on June 4, 2012, 8:26 pmya..peugeot 308T stop production..coming up facelift with LED lights and leather seat in this thursday..of course the price will increase..the salesgirl said bout RM123k..i hv no idea..coz 1st time to buy car.. sad.gif
It's going to be very interesting to see how Naza slots this model with price and engine choice. It is of smaller cabin size than the 408.

This post has been edited by SKYjack: Jun 4 2012, 08:49 PM
+Quote Post
lowpro
post Jun 4 2012, 09:04 PM

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 4 2012, 08:39 PM)

Added on June 4, 2012, 8:49 pm
It's going to be very interesting to see how Naza slots this model with price and engine choice. It is of smaller cabin size than the 408.
308t slots in below 408t. vti below the 2.0. this should be the hierarchy. no 308 sedan for us as it is for china only because the 308 hatch does not exist in china. the FL should be close, very, very, very close already. bug your sales person daily for info from tomorrow on.
+Quote Post
uturn
post Jun 4 2012, 09:46 PM

QUOTE(kejusan @ Jun 3 2012, 11:12 AM)
You've got PM. I booked it from peugeot HQ and I pick the blue color. He told me car can be delivered in 3-4 weeks. U booked already?
Hi Kejusan..mind pm me oso on ur package.. i'm oso interested in this car..
after waiting sooo long for elantra, i've found that the car does't suit my needs. Now i feel that the 408 is just nice for me. No power food window, no sun roof... no extra headache.. smile.gif
+Quote Post
dello
post Jun 4 2012, 09:50 PM

Casual

Aik wasn`t 508 the replacement model for 407?
+Quote Post
leongwk15
post Jun 4 2012, 10:34 PM

Wonder how is the Fuel Consumption for 408 2.0 and 408T?

Can v use 3008 and 308T FC as a guidline?

Anybody get good discount for booking the 408 now?
+Quote Post
Pogostik
post Jun 4 2012, 11:31 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(dello @ Jun 4 2012, 09:50 PM)
Aik wasn`t 508 the replacement model for 407?
Yes.
+Quote Post
d1rTyd6n
post Jun 4 2012, 11:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kejusan @ Jun 4 2012, 12:51 AM)
I've tested Elantra 1.8 and like you, I was also thinking of getting Elantra but it seems like I'm fated to end up with 408 when they annouce the price. So I tested both 2.0 and 1.6 and the rest is history. At first, I'm also thinking of waiting for the Focus but looking at their pricing, I may end up makan pasir  doh.gif

Power food mirror is legend!! (I'm a silent reader in Elantra thread)
SA at HQ said that body kit haven't arrived yet. Is it true that we can get it for additional 2k? I wonder where they're gonna placed the HU??
I only managed to see the white color from a far but yeah, it seems a bit creamy. HQ's test drive unit for 2.0 is grey color.

Updated my name in the list  thumbup.gif

1. kejusan

Turbo
1.SKYjack - blue

Dare to join us ckwong111, d1rTyd6n, kevinboey86  brows.gif
I did some research and found out that the china 408 has a screen planted right on top of the dashboard, in the middle, above the 3 centre aircond vent. Not sure if the touch screen is just screen or a fully equipped HU. It does come with navigation as what the SA said. It would be great if we could get the HU embedded like the one in the 508.

So I guess we MIGHT get the body kit or we might not, now it depends on whether they plan to have another so called SPORTS version for the 408T. I also remembered asking about unlocking the ECU to have better top speed, which is over 215km/h. I know we won't be able to do 215km/h in any part of the highway in m'sia but it's good to know. He said can, but the warranty for the ECU will be void because of the unlocking. Don't know if Balan's words can be trusted though.

I would love to have my name on the list but I am in the midst of applying for my housing loan. It would be great to have a new car n a new house at the same time XD
+Quote Post
Pogostik
post Jun 4 2012, 11:55 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(d1rTyd6n @ Jun 4 2012, 11:44 PM)
I did some research and found out that the china 408 has a screen planted right on top of the dashboard, in the middle, above the 3 centre aircond vent. Not sure if the touch screen is just screen or a fully equipped HU. It does come with navigation as what the SA said. It would be great if we could get the HU embedded like the one in the 508.

So I guess we MIGHT get the body kit or we might not, now it depends on whether they plan to have another so called SPORTS version for the 408T. I also remembered asking about unlocking the ECU to have better top speed, which is over 215km/h. I know we won't be able to do 215km/h in any part of the highway in m'sia but it's good to know. He said can, but the warranty for the ECU will be void because of the unlocking. Don't know if Balan's words can be trusted though.

I would love to have my name on the list but I am in the midst of applying for my housing loan. It would be great to have a new car n a new house at the same time XD
408T has speed cut? I know 308T can do 230.
+Quote Post
d1rTyd6n
post Jun 5 2012, 12:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Pogostik @ Jun 4 2012, 11:55 PM)
408T has speed cut? I know 308T can do 230.
I did 200 on my gen2 1.6 M NA. I'm not surprised that the 408T can do better than my gen2. Because in the 408 brochure, it says "top speed 215km/h (ECU limited)"
+Quote Post

130 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0617sec    1.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:07 PM