~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

CONFIRMED: Peugeot 408 to be finally launched next week

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Pogostik
post May 18 2012, 06:52 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

The 308's width, as mentioned in brochure, didn't include side mirror. Don't know about other models though biggrin.gif
Pogostik
post May 23 2012, 08:52 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(kenso77 @ May 23 2012, 03:21 PM)
It's not a lever, button or menu. When you switch off the car and wait till everything becomes dark on the ODO meter, simply depress the gas pedal until the end for a few seconds. You will then hear a faint click sound. When this happens, you have effectively reset the GB and the ECU will start recording a new drive pattern.
I didn't know that! Hahahaha. Thanks for sharing. Errr can the method be applied on 4-speed 308T?
Pogostik
post May 31 2012, 10:53 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(kejusan @ May 31 2012, 10:06 AM)
Poison...

Is the FC for turbo really good? I believe the maintenance cost for turbo and 6 speed gearbox is high.
My 4-speed THP consumes around 11~12 litre per 100KM. Moderate to heavy traffic.

I'm not sure about maintenance cost for the gearbox as I'm yet to reach 60K of mileage. But yes, the cost for 6-speed will be higher than 4-speed.
Pogostik
post Jun 1 2012, 09:43 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(LLH @ Jun 1 2012, 07:50 PM)
207 battery costs 400+ wonder how much is 408
Of course the price is ridiculous if you bought from SC. Just buy outside la.
Pogostik
post Jun 4 2012, 11:31 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(dello @ Jun 4 2012, 09:50 PM)
Aik wasn`t 508 the replacement model for 407?
Yes.
Pogostik
post Jun 4 2012, 11:55 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(d1rTyd6n @ Jun 4 2012, 11:44 PM)
I did some research and found out that the china 408 has a screen planted right on top of the dashboard, in the middle, above the 3 centre aircond vent. Not sure if the touch screen is just screen or a fully equipped HU. It does come with navigation as what the SA said. It would be great if we could get the HU embedded like the one in the 508.

So I guess we MIGHT get the body kit or we might not, now it depends on whether they plan to have another so called SPORTS version for the 408T. I also remembered asking about unlocking the ECU to have better top speed, which is over 215km/h. I know we won't be able to do 215km/h in any part of the highway in m'sia but it's good to know. He said can, but the warranty for the ECU will be void because of the unlocking. Don't know if Balan's words can be trusted though.

I would love to have my name on the list but I am in the midst of applying for my housing loan. It would be great to have a new car n a new house at the same time XD
408T has speed cut? I know 308T can do 230.
Pogostik
post Jun 5 2012, 09:54 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Jun 5 2012, 09:14 PM)
Guy....I hope you wont be jelly when you open the spoilers
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Shiny!
Pogostik
post Jun 9 2012, 12:28 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Jun 8 2012, 10:29 PM)
So far, new owners are curious over this "alarm" thing.

Peugeot is a 'cold' car. I also simply park anywhere I like without any added safety locks. But if I drive my Vios...have to double lock with mechanical locks other than the supplied Alarm.

Peugeot can only be stolen if hijacked, stolen from home and the thief grab the keys or towed away.

Never put expensive stuff in the car, my dads 406 also got broken into...brady thief broke the side glass just to see whats in the glovebox. Actually, it dun matter what car you drive, those thief will always wanna break in your car to checkout whats inside, no matter your car got alarm or not.

For me I use the security tint..for what its worth.

And one more thing, your warranty will be void if you install an alarm...this I know. So you guys just get use to these thieves most undesirable cars.
I remember one of 308 owners had his house broken in by thieves and drove off with his Pug. Few days later, the police found his car left beside a road. I guess even the thieves didn't know what to do with such a 'cold' car. LoL.

This post has been edited by Pogostik: Jun 9 2012, 12:29 AM
Pogostik
post Jun 12 2012, 10:33 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(MTHB @ Jun 12 2012, 10:16 AM)
Hi all,

I've been reseaching for a C-segment car for a while..testing most of the usual suspects...the pug 408 gives ticks most of the boxes.

One issue I have is the wiper..it seems the wiper is set for left hand drive and remains so even with right hand drive conversion. The wiper for passenger is longer and this means the driver side has less visibility....

I've asked the SA and he mentioned it's not a big deal ..(in short ask me to live with it). Did anyone else notice or is concerned about this and any reply from the SA to weather we can switch blades etc?
Blame the French. They didn't do the conversion properly. AFAIK, you can switch the blade, but it will require a minor modification. The easiest way is to change the right blade to a longer one (brand new). But the left side will always pop out first and fall back last. There's nothing you could do about that.

I don't know about 408 as I'm yet to see it but on 308, you can find some other improperly done conversions, such as the switch to open the hood (it's located on the passenger's door), the handbrake location, the reason why the shallow glove box.
Pogostik
post Jun 12 2012, 11:11 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(MTHB @ Jun 12 2012, 10:40 AM)
Yea....that's the problem with french cars. Even the UK specs are like that...

I can live with the handbreak, petrol cap button, hood button and all but I have an issue with the wiper. That affects driving and safety....

Other than that, I think this is a good car to buy for the price.
Yes, the wipers did irritate me sometime but I don't think it will compromise the safety and the driving experience much. Most of the time, I didn't realize the wipers are 'reversed'. I just can tell from my own experience. Yours might be differ. Perhaps you can test the car during the rain to see and feel for yourself smile.gif
Pogostik
post Jun 16 2012, 04:24 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 16 2012, 01:36 PM)
It's like a drug la,once you test drive it you are hooked. Nothing else makes sense,you just want it. I went wanting to get the NA, but after the test drive of the turbo,all logic flew out of the window......hehehe! Good luck,hope you settle your stuff soon!

Added on June 16, 2012, 2:15 pm
308t 6speed owners can give you the best answer. Form what I have found 408t cost around $400 for each service. Not much different from Jap cars,some tell me it's cheapear! Just for comparison, I spend $200+ every 3 months on my wife's Myvi.
Mine is 4-speeds 308T. Each services costs me around RM400, for every 6 months or 10,000KM. And I like to add that I'd never used oil from SC, I always bring my own oil. So the cost might be differ.
Pogostik
post Jun 17 2012, 10:27 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jun 16 2012, 09:39 PM)
Question for those who have used turbo Pugs.
Is it necessary to warm down the engine,ie run it at idle for a short period, before shut down? I'm a little surprised Peugeot did not add a timer.
I always let the engine running idle for a while before switch it off, most of time after the fan shuts off. Peugeot didn't install turbo timer but the fan will keep spinning until it cools down the turbo even after the engine is switched off.

One more thing, it's not necessary to shut all electronics, like radio and air conditioner, off before kill the engine (although I always do that out of habit). When the engine starts, there will be a short delay before those electronic will be switched back on (if you didn't switch them off the last time you killed the ignition).
Pogostik
post Jun 30 2012, 01:04 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(kejusan @ Jun 30 2012, 10:13 AM)
I think all are busy enjoying their ride now.

I would like to ask, how do we raise the wiper so that it won't be in contact with the windscreen? It seems that the hood is blocking the wiper if we don't want the wiper to be in contact with the windscreen.

Please also share your fuel consumption. Mine indicate 9.2 km/l, 50% town, 50 highway.
Just after you switched the engine off, pull the wiper stalk down once (like when you want to put the wiper into auto mode). The blade will go half way up and stop. You can lift 'em afterward.
Pogostik
post Aug 11 2012, 02:54 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(azbro @ Aug 11 2012, 06:08 AM)
RM50 = 200~250km?...must try on my 308...I fell my car is freaking thirsty.

thx
My 308T fuel consumption is also around that figure. I always re-fuel from the first low fuel warning till the tank is full. That would cost me around RM95 for RON95. I would get around 400 ~ 450 KM of mileage. 100% city driving.
Pogostik
post Aug 22 2012, 05:50 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(Kanasai79 @ Aug 22 2012, 05:47 PM)
Planning to get 408, but reading comment by Sky Yong makes me worried.
Not sure what happen to his car and what has been done.

rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
What happens to his car? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
Pogostik
post Sep 25 2012, 09:29 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(sleepy @ Sep 25 2012, 09:20 PM)
My 508? So far so good. It's going to celebrate its first birthday really soon. Until now its already went into the SC for 3 times to fix the leaking PCV hose. Troublesome but at least they seem to have fixed it for good. Overall, I think NAZA's technical personnel is not really up to notch :-/ I really hope the warranty will be over really soon so I can service it at places that knows peugeot better. Well, at least I can use my own preferred engine oil instead of stucked with their petronas solutions

NSE? I only travel up north once a year during CNY times. Everyday else, I'm only going to my office in cyberjaya. FC seem to have improved, not sure whether its due to the engine already run-in or the petronas I'm using (shell before this). 60L can last me on average 700km.

Another thing worth mentioning is, this car is really not meant for our tropical weather here. Everytime I leave the car under the hot sun for a long time, when I get back to my car and start it up, can here some minor creaks on the piano black inserts on the dashboard as well as the aluminium trim on the aircond vents. But once the cabin is cooled down, no more funny noises.
Shell95? The worst fuel, in term of FC, for my 308T. Used it a couple of times and never again. I'm happy with Petronas and Esso.
Pogostik
post Dec 6 2012, 07:54 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(jfcheong @ Dec 6 2012, 02:54 PM)
Not sure If it's in the manual, But SA did show this to me.  I was like "Wow!!" Sua Gu ya...
Yes. The function has been there since 308.

Do you guys check the anti-trap mechanism on ALL windows?

This post has been edited by Pogostik: Dec 6 2012, 07:57 PM
Pogostik
post Dec 13 2012, 04:14 PM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(Termibait @ Dec 13 2012, 11:02 AM)
my.calculation is simple. full tank in kl. when i m back to kl. i pump full tank again. whatever spent in between is for mileage. i refill rm75 in total. but when i m back, refill to full tank is.84. so, to.average out, i divide.by 2. for.sure my mileage was 1030km. 400 km plus to jb and i still have half tank. at first, i was shock too. but on second thought, it maybe possible bcos i drove at 110-130km on cruise control mostly.

maybe i really calculate wrongly. any.maths expert here?
You should include how much you'd paid for fuel before the trip.
Pogostik
post Dec 20 2012, 10:24 AM

~ Merry Prankster ~
766 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Dec 20 2012, 07:04 AM)
mind sharing how much you have to top up. I always wonder what is the value/ cost the +2 subsequent years worth... When you say flagship does that mean 308?

If there is any consolation, I too envy those newbies who get 408 with 1st year insurance and road tax FOC! So cheer up bro
He means 508.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0659sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 PM