Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ANDROID GAMES REVIEW THREAD (links @ 1st post), 9/11/2012 Total War, Spectral Souls

views

phantomash
post Apr 19 2012, 08:19 PM

Not a Fanboy
4,256 posts

Dungeon Village

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

You’ve got a town and the aim is to make it a 5 star city. The interface looks like World Cruise Story… or it looks like you’re building a town in SimCity (so isometric grid, and building placement etc). In classic Kairosoft style, the goal isn’t achieved just by erecting buildings, and you have to involve the special adventurers who come to visit. The little people who walk around are very important – this isn’t just building structures like in SimCity. Without this clear distinction you’d actually think this game is absolutely awful!

As with all of these Kairo story games, there’s a kind of symbiotic loop between different actions and events. This one has a particularly confusing loop which we’ll briefly touch upon now: You have a star rating, and different star grades are achieved by meeting town/city criteria. Generally, the star requirements are linked to popularity, income, number of houses, quests, and events. Adventurers are indirectly linked to all of these factors. I shan’t go into more now as it really is quite involved!

To sum it up, there’s a method and flow which the player needs to feel out and understand. It’s not entirely obvious and that’s why this game is fantastic for those people who like solving intricate puzzles.

Regardless of how you play, developing an effective strategy will be largely a matter of trial and error, because Dungeon Village doesn't do a great job of explaining itself. It's not brain surgery and a very basic set of instructions is built into the game, but any detailed questions, like how to assign specific adventurers to a quest (as far as I can tell, you can't) or the differences between a Sparkee and a Maskoro (all the "monsters" in the game are distressingly cute, and polite, too), are likely to go unanswered.
But that's okay, because figuring it out is half the fun and Dungeon Village isn't the sort of game that will punish you for failing to grasp things right away. You're just as well off to jump in, put the pedal to the metal and flip back to the instructions if and when you need them. You probably won't; remember when I said I was going to check it out when I first started the game? I never did. I couldn't stop playing.

PS. Do yourself a favor and check out every other Kairasoft games.

Play Store

This post has been edited by phantomash: Apr 19 2012, 08:23 PM
droid13579
post Apr 19 2012, 09:13 PM

Google Nexus and Vanilla Android Lover, ClariS Fan!?
2,759 posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~名門ポケット学院2 (Pocket Academy 2)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
user posted image
user posted image user posted image

[NOTE] this game currently in Japanese Version, English Version coming soon.

Kairosoft’s Pocket Academy 2 is the latest game by the the makers of the super addictive and highly popular Game Dev Story. Unlike Game Dev Story though, this game shares more similarities with their previous Japanese and English release, Hot Springs Story. The subject matter is a little more approachable than Hot Springs Story's though, especially to an English and Japanese audience and little things like seeing relationships between students grow, or seeing them finally achieve their dream job help make the game feel more relatable and personal.

You start the game in the shoes of a school administrator and you're tasked with building up a brand new school in one of five different maps. You’ll be in charge of building classrooms, researching new facilities like restrooms, libraries, clubs, and many many other things. You'll need to create stat bonus zones by placing things like plants, trees, or even statues together if you want to maximize the effects of the facilities. By placing certain facilities next to one another, you'll create special spots that will boost effects such as school spirit even more. stringing these different spots together will give you a dramatic boost overall, so careful planning of the placement of your rooms/facilities is really the key to success here and can even unlock special things like unique teachers. In this version, you get special school events, extra clubs which enable students to show their true potential and vice versa.

You get 11 years to try and get your school to the top spot of most prestigious school in the country, and while you may still continue playing beyond this point, your score won't be recorded. The game can be a little slow to start of with and if you don't carefully manage your money, you'll soon find yourself in financial ruin. You really do need to keep an eye on how much money you're bringing in compared to how much salary the teachers are getting, the cost of upkeep etc. To me though, this is a nice change of pace than the previous Hot Springs Story and I feel it adds a nice level of challenge to the game and once you get past the slow start and start bringing in new transfer students and more money, you're really going to have a hard time putting this game down.

Once you do start making more money, you'll want to consider bringing in more teachers, but do you hire a really great teacher with a huge salary or do you go with the average teacher with minimum salary? these are the kind of questions you're gonna be asking yourself as you this game slowly sucks away all your free time.Early on in the game I was actually forced to fire a couple of my teachers because I simply couldn't afford to keep them on. I did however rehire them later on in the game.

Besides building and hiring teachers, you'll be assigning points that are earned automatically as your students get about their daily activities. These points can be used in classrooms to boost students attributes. The better their attributes are, the better they'll do in subjects and will help the growth of your school. The same points however can be used to research new facilities and items, so you'll have to choose what you want more, new facilities or more growth. finding the balance between the two is the real key to making it to that prestigious spot at the top.

Overall the game is a wonderfully charming simulation game with a great amount of depth and that super addictive element that seems to be in every Kairosoft game. My only real complaint is that there could of been a more in depth tutorial included, but that isn't really a big deal. If your a fan of this genre or any previous Kairsoft game then this game need to be in your collection.

The game is currently available on the Play Store. for $5.51 equivalent to 450¥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~KAIROSOFT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XeactorZ
post Apr 19 2012, 10:07 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
29,145 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I Love your game that you sharing
love most for the sd gundam, thanks for telling
gundam fans here biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 19 2012, 10:08 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 10:09 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,437 posts

Please spoiler your quotes especially when u quote long quotes so the thread is neater
XeactorZ
post Apr 19 2012, 10:12 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
29,145 posts

ooo thanks for helping edit the post to put in spoiler
infernoaswen
post Apr 19 2012, 10:31 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
3,753 posts

1) Title: Pokemon emerald
2) Pics: lazy to upload tongue.gif
3) Review: Do i actually need to give reviews to such a magnificent classic game? Those who played pokemon knows how great pokemon game is laugh.gif
4) Link: no links but just google search gameboid emulator + gba pokemon emerald rom.
Chechack
post Apr 20 2012, 12:58 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

-Edit- sorry wrong post

This post has been edited by Chechack: Apr 20 2012, 01:39 AM
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 10:36 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,437 posts

HERO MAGES

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Hero Mages: Simple to learn compelling fantasy turn-based tactical strategy game

Hero Mages is a turn-based tactical strategy fantasy game that combines the fun of role playing games (RPGs) with competitive and cooperative cross-platform multiplayer gameplay. Designed and developed by a single individual driven to share his passion for gaming with the world, Hero Mages also blends the best elements of tabletop miniature and collectible card games.

*** GAME PLAY ***

Hero Mages is played from a top-down perspective allowing the player full visibility over the battlefield. Each player commands a party of three fantasy heroes, including a powerful mage. Equipped with a set of dice and a hand of cards representing magical spells, players take turns commanding their party of heroes. With the power to unleash the wrath of the elements, summon heinous creatures, and manipulate the world itself, the player's mage is their ultimate hero as they leverage skill, politics, and luck to eliminate their enemies and emerge victorious!

*** GAME FEATURES ***

>Six campaign missions entertain your sense of fantasy RPG humor as the precocious characters of Papillion teach you how to play this simple yet compelling game
    >Over 80 diverse spells and abilities offer limitless opportunities for creative strategies and intense, climatic struggles
    >Cross-platform Multiplayer - Play free for all, team, and cooperative games with up to 8 players or computer opponents via web, Android, and iOS!
    >Robust multiplayer statistics tracking and leaderboards
    >Play on any screen! Hero Mages will automatically adapt to fill the screen of your phone, tablet, or computer window, including Sony dual screen tablets!
    >Rejoin Live Games – Spectate live games or rejoin a game if you lose your connection

*** WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH SILVER (Free) ***

>6 Mission Singleplayer RPG Story-Driven Tutorial Campaign
    >Multiplayer gameplay
    >6 unique playable character classes to build your battle party

*** WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH GOLD (2.99) ***

>All of the features of Hero Mages Silver
    >Quick Battle – An offline, single player mode that pits the player in a randomly generated battle against the computer.
    >Custom Battle – An offline, single player mode that allows you to create custom battle scenarios against the computer

*** WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED ***

> Expandable Content (expansion characters, ability to save custom maps)
    Hero Mages is a cross-platform game playable on both the web and mobile devices. Several content expansions are currently available for purchase via the web, and I am working hard to add these expansions to mobile. For more information visit: http://www.heromages.com/gameInfo/expandableContent.html

*** SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ***
    I am serious about my commitment to evolving this game and I take all player feedback to heart. If you have any issues with the game, please contact me before writing a negative review (I typically respond within the hour- seriously). Your positive reviews and encouragement are what keeps me motivated to continue producing quality content. Let me hear what you have to say!

***ABOUT D20STUDIOS AND CREATOR ROSS PRZYBYLSKI***
    D20Studios is a one-man team: it's just me, Ross! I am a passionate indie developer seeking to bring together the best elements of collectible card games (CCGs) like Magic the Gathering, tabletop war games like Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, and role playing games (RPGs) like Hero Quest, Dungeons and Dragons, and Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Hero Mages is the culmination of a vision I began nearly six years ago as a physical board game incarnation with hand-painted miniatures, custom-made cards, and a bag full of D20's. With the support and encouragement of my friends and family, I took my passion to the digital realm to bring the characters of Papillion to life and deliver a unique game that can be instantly enjoyed on your favorite mobile device.
    Thanks for checking out my game! See you on the battlefield!

Blogger's Comments

One of the times where the game description is so detailed that there really is nothing left for me to add! Everything is spot on and i've been playing for the better part of the day and it is truly an enjoyable strategic table top experience. Not so much in the line of All Out War but more Dungeons and Dragons style gameplay. If you love turn based strategy this game is definitely a must try. But this game is truly worth it when it comes to multiplayer mode! Thats where it truly shines. Nothing left for me to do other than to bring this game to the gamers attention!

Link to Android Store..

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 20 2012, 10:37 AM
zororo
post Apr 20 2012, 10:45 AM

Casual
366 posts

so many awesome games on android...but how come I never find them on google play ? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by zororo: Apr 20 2012, 10:46 AM
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 11:08 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,437 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Apr 20 2012, 10:45 AM)
so many awesome games on android...but how come I never find them on google play ? rclxub.gif
lol which? those i recommended are available except for mupen64 u have to go to developer homepage. chechack ones regional locked so u need to use market enabler, instructions in first post.

the games i recommend are usually strategy games which is what i love. try Star Traders. still my no.1 fav game i keep coming back to it lol
UpCar
post Apr 20 2012, 02:18 PM

Regular
1,612 posts

Little Empire

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ntasyland&hl=en

Description
World's first LBS (Location Based Services) mobile MMO game in 3D.
Play the World's first LBS (Location Based Services) mobile MMO game in 3D.
Little Empire is a top-rated massively-multiplayer-online mobile game that you just can't put down!
We combined tower defense and real-time strategy in a unique combat system that lets you plan strategic battles and utilize formation tactics.

for more info click on spoiler

Review from android police

Kotaku's review

My verdict

This game quite nice and time consuming.
Easy to level.
Has a quest/task section in which u can gain items and bonuses and plenty of wheel spins.
Sorta like Warcraft 3 mix starcraft 2 mmorpg. u build soldiers, arrange them in whichever order you wish and go hooooot 9 the enemy which can be AI or other real life players.
Can go curi ppl's soldiers or gold or crystal or u can help protect it.

1 - Free to play with item shop.
2 - Graphics quite nice and neat. abit kiddy looking but then got no other mmorpg like this lor.

Overall this game very interesting. Still quite addicted to it. Am already lvl 32 without spending a single cent in the item shop. Yes it is free to play but as like all other mmorpg korean, u get item shop which will help u lvl faster and make your place more stronger.

who cares, i just play free nia so become not strong also is ok. get to have fun cukup.

Added on April 20, 2012, 2:24 pmNano Kingdoms

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...=also_installed

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Description
Command your armies in the nano kingdom!
ONLY FOR 800X480 (AND HIGHER) CAPABLE DEVICES
In Nano Kingdoms you must help the king defeat his son Alexander, who became evil and crazy for power, being a huge threat to everyone.
Choose between several different army commanders, each one featuring diverse magic spells. Control villagers, soldiers, archers, riders and a lot more!
RPG free to play.

Note this

ONLY FOR 800X480 (AND HIGHER) CAPABLE DEVICES

i wish got more levels. graphic a bit cacat 8bit like but then free, how to complain lol.
really interesting rpg. syiok la but once u finish the game then no more syiok liao. not a game to play 2-3 times mia. once habis the game then can delete liao.

This post has been edited by UpCar: Apr 20 2012, 02:24 PM
Chechack
post Apr 20 2012, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Dark Legends

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Review

Space Time studio comes back yet again with an MMORPG but this time with a dark twist where u play as a vampire and wage war against the human. This time its a bit different from their past games like Pocket Legends or Space Legends wherein the added social RPG elements (games in Facebook, Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars etc) where u need to use your energy to do "missions" (when doing those mission it will show an animated character of u doing the mission (running, sucking blood, etc) . So its a bit different then other MMORPG's where u just start the game then straight go into a killing frenzy. When doing game mission u can also have a choice to go solo or go multilayer, and yes, it will even cost u energy when doing these types of mission (it will refill back in time like those Mafia Wars game) controls are easy and tight plus the action is fairly decent where u hack and slash enemies bosses etc, skill's are also assigned to their own button. So if your into stuff like vampires and gore, this is a nice touch of MMORPG and its fairly decent away from the usual fantasy settings (dragons,knights etc)

Download Link

Dark Legends
Chechack
post Apr 20 2012, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Defense Angel or Devil

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Review

Hey look, another tower defense game lol tongue.gif , this game is set between in mystical setting where angels fight with demon. Your usual tower defense game where u need to defend your "base" and destroy your enemies "base" except this time your in control of a "master" unit that flies across the map based on wherever you control. Master unit act as a support unit where you can use skill's ranging from healing, buffing etc your army. The usual foray of units is in your control such as swordsman, archer, mage etc and u can upgrade them using the game currency to make them stronger. You can replay past stages in order to gain money to upgrade but do take note replaying the stages will decrease the bonus money that you get. In game purchase can be done in order to get income to upgrade your army if u feel lazy to grind. The soundtrack is good though it feels like your inside the game waging war if you put you sound to the loudest tongue.gif

Download Link

PS: Need to purchase

Defense Angel or Devil

This post has been edited by Chechack: Apr 20 2012, 03:14 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 04:11 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,437 posts

i'd appreciate if u guys upload the pics to LYN server so it stays here, and the size is more appropriate and neater too. also remember to separate posts per review. click ADD REPLY (not QUICK REPLY) and you'll see an option box (DO NOT COMBINE POSTS).

XeactorZ
post Apr 20 2012, 04:21 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
29,145 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Apr 20 2012, 10:45 AM)
some of them only can download for certain country
just use market enabler
but you can find them on play store (website which is http://play.google.com/store)

This post has been edited by XeactorZ: Apr 20 2012, 04:22 PM
danielcmugen
post Apr 20 2012, 04:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,336 posts

Title: Kung Fu soccer

Pics: Can be found in link below.

Review: It's just a simple turn-based football game, nothing much to say but very addictive. thumbup.gif Low end devices are officially supported since this is not a HD game.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...Y2Nlci5wcm8iXQ.. (paid version) and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...mdmdXNvY2NlciJd (free version)

This post has been edited by danielcmugen: Apr 20 2012, 04:33 PM
syabilng
post Apr 21 2012, 03:14 PM

Enthusiast
904 posts

Hey, do I post just reviews here? Or can I post a game I like that I want to share?
XeactorZ
post Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM

♥ PandaDog ♥
All Stars
29,145 posts

50 best android games by T3

http://www.t3.com/features/best-android-games
syabilng
post Apr 21 2012, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
904 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM)
This we must have!! biggrin.gif
Chechack
post Apr 22 2012, 01:56 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(syabilng @ Apr 21 2012, 03:14 PM)
Hey, do I post just reviews here? Or can I post a game I like that I want to share?
Any games also can,just do it according to the template smile.gif

44 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0877sec    2.83    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 05:39 PM