Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ANDROID GAMES REVIEW THREAD (links @ 1st post), 9/11/2012 Total War, Spectral Souls

views

TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 02:11 AM, updated 12y ago

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

http://underratedandroidgames.blogspot.com/

LINKS TO REVIEWS

1) STAR TRADERS RPG
2) PES 2012
3)FPSE Playstation Emulator on Android (running Diablo on android)
4) Xenowar (X Com / UFO Adaptation)
5) Mupen64Plus (Starcraft on Android)
6) Gundam SD G Generation Next Universe (japanese)
7) Rebuild (Zombie Apocalypse Sim)
8) Frontier Gunners
9) Lord of Darkness
10) Dungeon Village
11) Pocket Academy 2
12) Hero Mages
13) Little Empire
14) Dark Legends
15) Defence Angel or Devil
16) Legendary Heroes (Dota / LoL clone for Android)
17) Templar Assault (Warhammer40k Space Hulk, but better!)
18) Arel Wars
19) Princess Punt
20) Heroes of Zulula
21) Legends Arcana
22) Gameboy Advance Emulator (Play mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc.) free emu
23) Radiant Defence
24) Crash Course 3D : ICE
25) Swords and Soldiers
26) Cytus
27) Snuggle Truck
28) Battleloot Adventure
29) Running Fred
30) Avatar Fight
31) SAS : ZOMBIE ASSAULT 3
32) Theme Hospital for Android
33) Mass Effect 3
34) Monster Ate my Condo
35) Mobbles
36) Castle Master 3D
37) Shoot the Zombirds
38) Zombie Ace
39) Sentinel Homeworld 3
40) Populus Romanus
41) War of Reproduction
42) Meganoid
43) Total War Battles
44) Spectral Souls & Blazing Souls

EDIT : Alright fine discussions are allowed. I'll make links to the review post here in page 1 instead. but do try to keep discussions less....spamlike biggrin.gif

Please refrain from discussions etc.

POST FORMAT :

1) Title
2) Pics
3) Review
4) Link

Let's help the android gaming community grow!

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

How to use Market Enabler to access region restricted apps
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Baronic: Sep 11 2012, 01:11 AM
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 02:16 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Added on April 19, 2012, 2:14 amSTAR TRADERS RPG

Trade, battle, pirate & bounty for galactic riches in an epic space sci-fi RPG

"Star Traders RPG" is a FREE Version -- play as much as you want before you go Elite. E-Mail us if you need help!

Experience the Elite Upgrade: Epic new content includes 2,000 new Sectors, 200 additional Zones and more than 150 exclusive art files. Take your space based adventures to a huge next galaxy.

The paid version adds 200 ships, 110 planets, 200% rumors, twice as many officers, awards and content.

You can copy your profile/Captain from Star Traders RPG to Elite.

From the first day i bought, downloaded, and played this game, I am still terribly in love with it. The game is essentially a turn based like game. You can take your time, and think through your decisions before making them. You start out by choosing a class, a starting faction, and a ship. And then the game begins. There is no "plot" or "linear storyline" but the game progresses as however you wish it to be! While people who game for some interesting twists or plots, this game is more of testing your abilities to strategise and plan. Also when you die, you're dead, and must start over (unless you play on the lower level difficulties which i think takes away the fun).

What makes the game really shine is the immense amount of mechanics behind the game. No two games are ever the same making replayability insane. First off while other games like this are simple "buy from point A, go to point B and sell" there's no way you can do this in Star Traders. The mechanics of the game relies heavily on "rumours", which are essentially random events that occur throughout the galaxy. You can find out about these rumours if you're lucky by visiting Spice Halls or going to the location whereby the rumour is taking place. So you can only make a profit by trading if you actually find a planet having a shortage of a commodity.

Speaking of random events, there are several stuff like pirate attacks, merchants abusing the populace, alien attacks, or even open warfare! Every single rumour has implications. If you're a pirate stuff about a planet doing well means more ships going in and out, and richer pickings when u attack these ships for example! Also while going about discovering rumours and building a name for yourself and upgrading your ship, you have to balance out diplomacy between the factions. While you choose your starting faction, it doesnt mean you have to stick with it. As part of the random events mechanics, these factions (there are 6 of them) can do stuff like have alliances, go to war, have a spy battle, etc, and everything you do would most certainly affect one faction or another. If you're really careful you could stay on the good sides of everyone but with so many conflicts it is unlikely. Piss a faction off too much they will start sending ships to hunt you down, or even get neutral parties to join in the bounty hunt! Meanwhile a faction that favours you would give you discounts, etc. These random events are essential to the game and what makes every game different. It ain't easy either, especially because there can be several conflicts or alliances going on at any time. If you accept a mission to do something naughty to faction A, faction A's allies faction B will get pissed off too. And then Faction C, faction A's enemies would be happy! So every action has far reaching consequences.

There is also insane amount of character development. You (as a captain) have several skills and attributes that you can raise as you level up, each with different uses. And then there's the hundreds of types of ships you can buy, and then the several dozens of upgrades that you can make to the ship to customise it the way that suits you best.

And then there's officers you can hire. Morale of your crew you have to take care of. Fuel. Water.

Yes, there's so much to do. But if it's overwhelming or you need help, the game has a very active community that the Devs get involved in as well! There are constant updates to make keep the game alive! Definitely one this Blogger's most favourite game for android. It doesnt have flashy graphics. But I have not seen a mobile game with as much dept as Star Traders.

You can try the free version of the game before purchasing. But its definitely worth purchasing. This blogger recommends DEMANDING difficulty for beginners. And then slowly progress to INSANE.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...WRlcnNlbGl0ZSJd

FORUM LINK : http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 09:53 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

wanted to see the participation before i pin thread lol. Alright pinned.
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 10:05 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Apr 19 2012, 10:01 AM)
any RPG to recommend ?
was gonna review another game first but i can jump and do something for u if u wan. what kinda rpg? that STAR TRADERS above is technically rpg too. or do u want action slasher. or diablo (hell why dont u play diablo lol) or do u wan TBS RPG?
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 10:23 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

FPSE Playstation Emulator on Android (running Diablo on Android)

Strictly not exactly a game (an emulator), but its just so frickin cool to have Diablo running on your phone that i just HAD to bring it to attention.

FPSE is basically one of the fastest playstion emulators out there for android. It sure as hell beats any iphone playstation emulator, and it beats any cheap knock offs on the android store. It has a very strong foundation and beginning with development starting during the windows mobile (not windows phone) era, before iphone 2G came out. Development has continued and the devs have been kind enough to make it for android as well! Do support their hard work and development by purchasing this emulator.

Reason why i ran diablo to test run the emulator is because its one of the hardest games to emulate, since its gotta render the entire map with monster and mobs etc. Dont ask me to emulate Final Fantasy, simple because if it can emulate Diablo, it can 1000000% emulate any Final Fantasy playstation title. Final Fantasy is actually very easy since the game actually has scenes so the emulator is actually taxed very little to emulate that game.

Anyway, above is a video i had made some time ago showing FPSE on S2. Results may vary device per device, and from my testing Tegra 2 devices far poorly compared to other dual core processors. ie hardly playable. For diablo anyway.

Devices with similar specs to S2 like the Samsung Note for example and any device above (in before the quadcore generation) SHOULD be able to run this emulator just fine.

ANDROID STORE LINK.

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 19 2012, 03:11 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 12:02 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

XENOWAR (X COM ADAPTATION)

Battle aliens in this strategy game (inspired by X-COM and board games) that pits Earth against alien invaders. Build bases, research new weapons and technology, and send troops to alien hot spots on the geo map. Then fight turn based tactical battles in cities, farms, alien battleships, and more.

Features 3D graphics, retro 8 bit SFX, shadows, particles, and fog of war.
    More info at http://www.xenowar.net and http://xenowar.wikispaces.com/.
    NOTE: Xenowar uses extensive OpenGL graphics. A Nexus One, Droid 2, Droid Incredible, or comparable/better device is recommended. After download, please test the app, you have 15 minutes to return if there are issues.

Blogger's Comments

If you remember X Com : Enemy Unknown, or the more modern PC incarnations, UFO series, you are awesome. If not, it's time get back up to speed.

It is a great strategy game that basically has a campaign map, the map of the world, and the battle map. You start the game choosing where you want to set up your base, which continent, and then equips your ships, and soldier to get ready to win back Earth from alien invasion. Encounters with the aliens are random. If you shoot down the alien ship and they crash you can visit them with your team and kill off the aliens and salvage some loot. Gameplay is turn based tactical, with a lot of emphasis on line of sight and fog of war. Dont expect to rush into the fray and win the battle. It takes a lot of cunning and strategic thinking to win a battle.

If you love strategy, tactical turn based skirmishes, be sure to get this game. Graphics has nothing to scream about, its simple, but it does the job. The gameplay is what counts. Also has replayability. Definitely recommended for strategy fans, and X Com / UFO fans will feel right at home with this lightweight adaptation.

ANDROID STORE LINK.

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 19 2012, 12:04 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 02:03 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

MUPEN64Plus (STARCRAFT on Android)

Blogger's Comments.

Not many people know that Starcraft was actually developed for Nintendo 64 as well. There is just so, so much win here, that i just have to share with people. Who could ever boast Starcraft running on their handheld?! It takes some practice since you dont have a mouse, but once u configure the layout to suit your needs you'll have no problems! Its absolutely wonderful on my Galaxy Note's big screen as well. If you need more motivation to play Starcraft on your android, how's this, taken from wiki :

In 2000, StarCraft 64 was released for the Nintendo 64, co-developed by Blizzard Entertainment and Mass Media Inc. The game featured all of the missions from both StarCraft and the expansion Brood War, as well as some exclusive missions, such as two different tutorials and a new secret mission, Resurrection IV. Resurrection IV is set after the conclusion of Brood War, and follows Jim Raynor embarking on a mission to rescue the Brood War character Alexei Stukov, a vice admiral from Earth who has been captured by the Zerg. The Brood War missions required the use of a Nintendo 64 memory Expansion Pak to run. In addition, StarCraft 64 features a split screen cooperative mode, allowing two players to control one force in-game. StarCraft 64 was not as popular as the PC version, and lacked the online multiplayer capabilities and speech in mission briefings. In addition, cut scenes were shortened. Blizzard Entertainment had previously considered a PlayStation port of the game, but it was decided that the game would instead be released on the Nintendo 64

Link to Mupen64Plus Developer Page
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 05:42 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

REBUILD (Zombie Apocalypse Sim)

Gather survivors of the zombie apocalypse and defend your fort against undead attacks. Reclaim one building at a time and put your survivors to work scavenging for food, building houses, rediscovering technology and of course killing zombies.

Beware of rival gangs, illness, thieves and even riots as you rebuild a city in this post apocalyptic turn based strategy game.
    FEATURES
    - Unique turn-based strategy gameplay
    - Randomly generated cities
    - Customizable characters
    - 5 levels of difficulty
    - 7 endings to discover

Blogger's Comments

Have never seen this take on a zombie apocalypse before and I'm definitely adding it to my list of must try android strategy games. The game starts with you naming your character and choosing your starting item. Then its about (turn based) expanding your city, exploring the city, salvaging items from the cities, recruiting more people, killing zombies outside your walled gates. There is a random element of events that occur as well, such as the zombie horde and passing traders. Also when you sourge a building for supplies you may find valueable equipment that boost your citizen's stats. You can also research new techs. You have to manage the morale of your people as well as manage the food and supplies. As your city expands the danger of zombie attacks increases too, as the perimeter of your city increases. Its prudent to often go out and cull the number of zombies outside your perimeter before they get too big a horde and attack your city.

Truly, an interesting sim game. You can take your time to think your actions through. I played on the third level difficulty, and managed to win it, and would definitely be trying the hardest difficulty and hoping it offers a better challenge.

Definitely something original, and replayability is awesome as well. I suggest trying it! After all you have 15 minutes to decide a refund!

ANDROID STORE LINK
TSBaronic
post Apr 19 2012, 10:09 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

Please spoiler your quotes especially when u quote long quotes so the thread is neater
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 10:36 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

HERO MAGES

Hero Mages: Simple to learn compelling fantasy turn-based tactical strategy game

Hero Mages is a turn-based tactical strategy fantasy game that combines the fun of role playing games (RPGs) with competitive and cooperative cross-platform multiplayer gameplay. Designed and developed by a single individual driven to share his passion for gaming with the world, Hero Mages also blends the best elements of tabletop miniature and collectible card games.

*** GAME PLAY ***

Hero Mages is played from a top-down perspective allowing the player full visibility over the battlefield. Each player commands a party of three fantasy heroes, including a powerful mage. Equipped with a set of dice and a hand of cards representing magical spells, players take turns commanding their party of heroes. With the power to unleash the wrath of the elements, summon heinous creatures, and manipulate the world itself, the player's mage is their ultimate hero as they leverage skill, politics, and luck to eliminate their enemies and emerge victorious!

*** GAME FEATURES ***

>Six campaign missions entertain your sense of fantasy RPG humor as the precocious characters of Papillion teach you how to play this simple yet compelling game
    >Over 80 diverse spells and abilities offer limitless opportunities for creative strategies and intense, climatic struggles
    >Cross-platform Multiplayer - Play free for all, team, and cooperative games with up to 8 players or computer opponents via web, Android, and iOS!
    >Robust multiplayer statistics tracking and leaderboards
    >Play on any screen! Hero Mages will automatically adapt to fill the screen of your phone, tablet, or computer window, including Sony dual screen tablets!
    >Rejoin Live Games – Spectate live games or rejoin a game if you lose your connection

*** WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH SILVER (Free) ***

>6 Mission Singleplayer RPG Story-Driven Tutorial Campaign
    >Multiplayer gameplay
    >6 unique playable character classes to build your battle party

*** WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH GOLD (2.99) ***

>All of the features of Hero Mages Silver
    >Quick Battle – An offline, single player mode that pits the player in a randomly generated battle against the computer.
    >Custom Battle – An offline, single player mode that allows you to create custom battle scenarios against the computer

*** WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED ***

> Expandable Content (expansion characters, ability to save custom maps)
    Hero Mages is a cross-platform game playable on both the web and mobile devices. Several content expansions are currently available for purchase via the web, and I am working hard to add these expansions to mobile. For more information visit: http://www.heromages.com/gameInfo/expandableContent.html

*** SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ***
    I am serious about my commitment to evolving this game and I take all player feedback to heart. If you have any issues with the game, please contact me before writing a negative review (I typically respond within the hour- seriously). Your positive reviews and encouragement are what keeps me motivated to continue producing quality content. Let me hear what you have to say!

***ABOUT D20STUDIOS AND CREATOR ROSS PRZYBYLSKI***
    D20Studios is a one-man team: it's just me, Ross! I am a passionate indie developer seeking to bring together the best elements of collectible card games (CCGs) like Magic the Gathering, tabletop war games like Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, and role playing games (RPGs) like Hero Quest, Dungeons and Dragons, and Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Hero Mages is the culmination of a vision I began nearly six years ago as a physical board game incarnation with hand-painted miniatures, custom-made cards, and a bag full of D20's. With the support and encouragement of my friends and family, I took my passion to the digital realm to bring the characters of Papillion to life and deliver a unique game that can be instantly enjoyed on your favorite mobile device.
    Thanks for checking out my game! See you on the battlefield!

Blogger's Comments

One of the times where the game description is so detailed that there really is nothing left for me to add! Everything is spot on and i've been playing for the better part of the day and it is truly an enjoyable strategic table top experience. Not so much in the line of All Out War but more Dungeons and Dragons style gameplay. If you love turn based strategy this game is definitely a must try. But this game is truly worth it when it comes to multiplayer mode! Thats where it truly shines. Nothing left for me to do other than to bring this game to the gamers attention!

Link to Android Store..

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 20 2012, 10:37 AM
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 11:08 AM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(zororo @ Apr 20 2012, 10:45 AM)
so many awesome games on android...but how come I never find them on google play ? rclxub.gif
lol which? those i recommended are available except for mupen64 u have to go to developer homepage. chechack ones regional locked so u need to use market enabler, instructions in first post.

the games i recommend are usually strategy games which is what i love. try Star Traders. still my no.1 fav game i keep coming back to it lol
TSBaronic
post Apr 20 2012, 04:11 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

i'd appreciate if u guys upload the pics to LYN server so it stays here, and the size is more appropriate and neater too. also remember to separate posts per review. click ADD REPLY (not QUICK REPLY) and you'll see an option box (DO NOT COMBINE POSTS).

TSBaronic
post Apr 22 2012, 03:18 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

well u dont have to do a review, but if you do a proper review like as per first post and edit it nicely, i'll feature the link to your review in the first post biggrin.gif (and in my blog too! with proper credits given!)

those "best games ever" so called often feature games already featured in google play anyway. so i dont use them ,and its why im openning a blog for UNFEATURED yet AWESOME games, that google missed

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 22 2012, 03:21 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 22 2012, 03:23 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

Legendary Heroes (Dota /LoL for Android)

Blogger's Comments

Fans of DOTA (Defence of the Ancients) and LoL (League of Legends) will instantly be familiar with this game. You face your enemy at the opposite sides of several lanes. In between you have defence towers, the map evenly split between you. Using your heroes and constantly spawning autonomous minions, you must try to push through these lanes and destroy the enemy's "heart" at the opposite end of the lane. The enemy heroes and minions will be doing the same.

You control up to three heroes single handedly, giving them orders and using their skills wisely. Whenever you are busy controlling one hero, the AI takes over the other two. So you'll find yourself doing a lot of micro managing, jumping from one hero to the next. Why? Because the AI that controls your heroes for you is somehow incredibly, incredibly stupid. The problem doesnt seem as prevalent for the enemy team.

Another problem is the freemium model. The game is free and comes with 4 characters. You need to buy the other characts. Money also gives you in game power ups to use against the enemy. While (if you are a seasoned LoL / DOTA player) you don't really need those power ups and CAN defeat the enemy AI with preserverance, with the game intending to go multiplayer, it is worrysome what this "pay to win" concept will do. One hopes that these pay to win items cannot be used in multiplayer.

Additionally it is worth mentioning that there is no equips to purchase for your character.

The game shines and plays best on the tablet. And wih it being free, is certainly worth a try, especially for fans of this gameply.

Link to Android Store.

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 22 2012, 03:24 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 23 2012, 12:37 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(FuNks @ Apr 22 2012, 07:05 PM)
im confused which game to purchase.
modern combat 3 or shadowgun?
but here no reviews about them.
doh.gif are they that bad? lol.

genre:shooting/rpg game.
Lol i dun review featured games cuz playstore already give them enuf publicity. I trying to show non famous games. But both games are of diff genre. I never liked shadowgun to be honest. The gameplay i found boring and the guns when firing didnt have the umph. I bought both games and if u are looking at either i recommend mc3 over shdow gun.

@syabiling lol serious about? Dota clone? Yep i am! Haha try d? How is it. Im glad u never knew cuz thats what im trying to do with my blog, bring unknown good games to ppls attention XD

This post has been edited by Baronic: Apr 23 2012, 12:41 PM
TSBaronic
post Apr 23 2012, 04:59 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(syabilng @ Apr 23 2012, 12:45 PM)
Ahaaa! This is something new! Glad to know about this! Haha. It's great! Have to get used to the controls, tho. Not so used playing mobile games. But this one?? Just so addictive. Hahah. Subscribing your blog. smile.gif
thanks. glad you like the game. maybe once multiplayer is out we can organise a multiplayer community
TSBaronic
post Apr 23 2012, 05:49 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

I dun see why not. Check spelling? I put link in the post too to the store
TSBaronic
post Apr 24 2012, 01:23 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

Just started but i intend to update as often as i can lol
TSBaronic
post Apr 24 2012, 08:51 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

lol thats developer screenshot
TSBaronic
post Apr 25 2012, 12:04 PM

Problem?
Group Icon
Staff
7,533 posts

QUOTE(syabilng @ Apr 25 2012, 12:16 AM)
Baronic, what kind of games do you want to compile and post on your blog? Might have some recommendation. smile.gif
my objective is to promote development for mobile games on android, so in particular i'm looking for indie games. not big names. so stuff like money sucking gameloft are definitely out. I'm trying to support the developers by giving them free publicity. since google seems to only be showing those already big companies like EA and Gameloft.

I've already been approached by a few devs and are playing their games to write reviews for them

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0416sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:39 PM