Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> FedEx Custom Problem

pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 03:06 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(pali_5373 @ Apr 28 2013, 01:16 PM)
i will  never use fedex again.. was taxed for rm750.00 even though myitem was clearly falls under non taxed item.. they blindly charges me 30%  from my total item price + shipping price even i provide them with the code from kastam book.
Maybe you can check whether the customs declaration form they gave you was fabricated or not.
pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 03:08 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Laptab @ Apr 28 2013, 12:23 PM)
the most accurate Fedex rates can be calculated in Fedex website;
https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home
I am sure the seller's Fedex shipping rates were up to date and they knew their products weights and dimensions were programmed into the calculator.
IlikePanadol
post Apr 28 2013, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

I already told you what is the problem yet you insist its a conspiracy
Then please walk the talk. Report to SPRM. Thanks
Laptab
post Apr 28 2013, 03:49 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(IlikePanadol @ Apr 28 2013, 03:26 PM)
I already told you what is the problem yet you insist its a conspiracy
Then please walk the talk. Report to SPRM. Thanks
agree 100%...
pali_5373
post Apr 28 2013, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

i dont wnt to think bout it anymore

btw laptab. r u from fedex? or custom?
Laptab
post Apr 28 2013, 05:18 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pali_5373 @ Apr 28 2013, 04:49 PM)
i dont wnt to think bout it anymore

btw laptab. r u from fedex? or custom?
never mind smile.gif

I have friends work at Royal Customs, and run import export (business) using Fedex.
Laptab
post Apr 28 2013, 06:25 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pepelepew @ Apr 28 2013, 03:08 PM)
I am sure the seller's Fedex shipping rates were up to date and they knew their products weights and dimensions were programmed into the calculator.
unfortunately your seller shipping rate not includes FEDEX REMOTE AREA SURCHARGE based on postcode (96000) provided by you, because most of Sabah/Sarawak area are subjected to Fedex Remote Area Surcharge

This post has been edited by Laptab: Apr 28 2013, 06:40 PM
pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 07:24 PM

0 posts

I don't think you understand the situation. If there was a remote area surcharge or the shipping calculator of my seller was not accurate, why did Fedex call it customs tax and is billing me for this tax paid to customs not Fedex? Is there an agreement between Fedex and customs where customs will later pay Fedex?

This post has been edited by pepelepew: Apr 28 2013, 07:42 PM
Laptab
post Apr 28 2013, 07:41 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pepelepew @ Apr 28 2013, 07:24 PM)
Around what price range would this surcharge cost?
I'm not sure because I live in KL. You may contact Fedex to know more about Fedex remote area surcharges.
pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 07:43 PM

0 posts

Sorry, I was editing my post but you already posted before I finished editing.

As I was saying, I don't think you understand the situation. If there was a remote area surcharge or the shipping calculator of my seller was not accurate, why did Fedex call it customs tax and is billing me for this tax paid to customs not to Fedex? Is there an agreement between Fedex and customs where customs will pay Fedex later the remote area surcharge amount?

This post has been edited by pepelepew: Apr 28 2013, 08:23 PM
Laptab
post Apr 28 2013, 08:43 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pepelepew @ Apr 28 2013, 07:43 PM)
Sorry, I was editing my post but you already posted before I finished editing.

As I was saying, I don't think you understand the situation. If there was a remote area surcharge or the shipping calculator of my seller was not accurate, why did Fedex call it customs tax and is billing me for this tax paid to customs not to Fedex? Is there an agreement between Fedex and customs where customs will pay Fedex later the remote area surcharge amount?
I think you're already know that tax is calculated based on value/price of the items+insurance+shipping charges+surcharges (if applicable). Fedex will pay the tax to customs and charge you later. Customs have an agreement with Fedex and other courier companies. Just pay the tax...
IlikePanadol
post Apr 28 2013, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

The valued used is CIF (Cost+Insurance+Freight). Fedex will provide the K1 chit with amount paid complete with SMK #. You can provide the 'evidence' to SPRM as proof.
Also if you dont collect your items by few days, you will be charged storage fee too by FX.
pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 10:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Laptab @ Apr 28 2013, 08:43 PM)
I think you're already know that tax is calculated based on value/price of the items+insurance+shipping charges+surcharges (if applicable). Fedex will pay the tax to customs and charge you later. Customs have an agreement with Fedex and other courier companies. Just pay the tax...
I think you do not understand the matter brought up in this thread at all. Our CIFs are lower than RM500 and hence not taxable.

And why does Fedex want me to pay the remote area surcharge to customs as a tax, if I was undercharged?

This post has been edited by pepelepew: Apr 28 2013, 10:26 PM
pepelepew
post Apr 28 2013, 10:18 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(IlikePanadol @ Apr 28 2013, 09:59 PM)
The valued used is CIF (Cost+Insurance+Freight). Fedex will provide the K1 chit with amount paid complete with SMK #. You can provide the 'evidence' to SPRM as proof.
Also if you dont collect your items by few days, you will be charged storage fee too by FX.
Is SPRM = MACC? The MACC which caused the death of 2 innocent people which was heavily politicised recently?

I think it is better to report to customs if I have evidence of fabrication.

This post has been edited by pepelepew: Apr 28 2013, 10:28 PM
IlikePanadol
post Apr 28 2013, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(pepelepew @ Apr 28 2013, 10:18 PM)
Is SPRM = MACC? The MACC which caused the death of 2 innocent people which was heavily politicised recently?

I think it is better to report to customs if I have evidence of fabrication.
K1 chit is printed on SMK system. If the form is from Customs do you think there is element of fraud?
Take our word, go talk to customs PK.
Imagine if you are from Customs, if someone shipped Free Of Charge on prepaid. What is the CIF value? Daily the Customs need to deal with such nonsense.
If you sincerely believed your shipment is below RM500, why dont you produce the evidence and get tax waiver? Talking to Customs PK will help you, talking to us here wont.

Laptab
post Apr 29 2013, 06:44 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(IlikePanadol @ Apr 28 2013, 10:47 PM)
K1 chit is printed on SMK system. If the form is from Customs do you think there is element of fraud?
Take our word, go talk to customs PK.
Imagine if you are from Customs, if someone shipped Free Of Charge on prepaid. What is the CIF value? Daily the Customs need to deal with such nonsense.
If you sincerely believed your shipment is below RM500, why dont you produce the evidence and get tax waiver? Talking to Customs PK will help you, talking to us here wont.
agree 300% biggrin.gif
pepelepew
post Apr 29 2013, 08:03 AM

0 posts

The two of you just don't get it. My grand total is below RM500 as I have the receipt from my seller.

This thread is about the dubious practices of Fedex Malaysia. Why discourage people from talking about it? Sure it won't solve any problem but it will get people to think about the possible methods Fedex may use to commit fraud.
Laptab
post Apr 29 2013, 08:37 AM

4 posts

it's easy..if you believe they commit fraud and you have a proof, go report it, just like IlikePanadol said, go report to PK or SPRM ( http://www.sprm.gov.my/portaladuan/Modules...int_portal2.php ). Story end.
pepelepew
post Apr 29 2013, 10:40 AM

0 posts

I will consider reporting to MACC also, and I will continue to talk about Fedex.
IlikePanadol
post Apr 29 2013, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
57 posts

Bro, both of us got your meaning but you dont want to hear us.
This is my final reply here.
Hey Labtap, see you around.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 PM