Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> FedEx Custom Problem

evilhomura89
post Apr 4 2017, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

After going through the post, it seems like FedEx is not recommended for importing stuff from overseas.

Since it is 2017 now, has anyone got any update on FedEx's situation in Malaysia?

This website that I'm buying from is having a logistic deal with FedEx where shipping using FedEx is so much cheaper than normal airmail. Thinking if i should use FedEx or avoid it.
janson_kaniaz
post May 13 2017, 08:57 PM

6,945 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Apr 4 2017, 11:52 AM)
After going through the post, it seems like FedEx is not recommended for importing stuff from overseas.

Since it is 2017 now, has anyone got any update on FedEx's situation in Malaysia?

This website that I'm buying from is having a logistic deal with FedEx where shipping using FedEx is so much cheaper than normal airmail. Thinking if i should use FedEx or avoid it.
any update?
DFlo
post Jun 1 2017, 08:44 PM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Apr 4 2017, 11:52 AM)

Avoid at all costs. Received my item today and got nonsense charges - "customs tax" of one third (RM250) of the total cost + shipping (RM750). Ridiculous.
evilhomura89
post Jun 2 2017, 03:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,814 posts

QUOTE(DFlo @ Jun 1 2017, 08:44 PM)
Avoid at all costs. Received my item today and got nonsense charges - "customs tax" of one third (RM250) of the total cost + shipping (RM750). Ridiculous.
Where was your item shipped from?
I assume it's a brand new item.

Not sure if the same applies for second hand goods shipped from overseas.
DFlo
post Jun 3 2017, 12:46 AM

Turtle Member
1,022 posts

QUOTE(evilhomura89 @ Jun 2 2017, 03:09 PM)
Where was your item shipped from?
I assume it's a brand new item.

Not sure if the same applies for second hand goods shipped from overseas.
New item bought directly from the maker's website and shipped from The States.

Not sure about 2nd hand items, although I would assume it will be somewhat similar. It's still importing of goods in the eyes of the Malaysian Custom, but I may be wrong.
snowberry
post Jun 28 2017, 02:45 PM

On my way
504 posts

guys pls avoid using fedex.

Horrible, the first time i purchase from the website from japan, i used EMS, the 2nd time i tried using fedex. i got taxed RM150....my total purchase price was RM320.

fking ridiculous. learnt by lesson the hard way...

guess too itchy hand go press fedex also ._.

EMS reach straight to my office with total purchase of RM490. no custom charge no nothing.
XzuLLX
post Jun 28 2017, 11:42 PM

$$$$$$
517 posts

QUOTE(snowberry @ Jun 28 2017, 02:45 PM)
guys pls avoid using fedex.

Horrible, the first time i purchase from the website from japan, i used EMS, the 2nd time i tried using fedex. i got taxed RM150....my total purchase price was RM320.

fking ridiculous. learnt by lesson the hard way...

guess too itchy hand go press fedex also ._.

EMS reach straight to my office with total purchase of RM490. no custom charge no nothing.
rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
jonathanfung
post Aug 10 2017, 02:12 AM

2 posts

Just posting here to describe my experience from using Fedex to ship a laptop from the states. Before I purchase the laptop, I saw that the seller was going to use Fedex to deliver my package. Therefore, I went online and used the Fedex shipping calculator (was advised by someone to do so) to calculate the total shipping to my doorstep exclusive of GST.

Since my laptop should not be charged import duties, I was only supposed to pay the GST of 6% for the laptop. After calculating I went forward with asking a quotation from the seller regarding the shipping charges and the tax to be paid. The seller quoted me the shipping charges (which was around 3 dollars difference from what I calculated) and told me that any import duties and tax shall vary according to the buyer's resident country. So I went forward with the order and waited for updates from Fedex.

Long story short, in the end I just need to pay the GST to Customs before I am able to receive my package. No extra costs and charges. This is a one time experience though and should only be taken as reference and not as a sure thing that Fedex did not do what they had mentioned above.
pizzaboyj
post Aug 10 2017, 03:05 PM

Casual
314 posts

as I understand Fedex these days like to "overcharge and keep the change" i.e. they will pay for your GST, import taxes in full and put that all on you with a little bit on top.

DHL has been more upfront with the costs from what I have seen
yptan
post Dec 3 2017, 08:11 PM

46 posts

Hey guys, I also kena count my freight cost as RM498.75, but actually fedex only cost it USD31, so how can I solve it?

it make the gst higher.. what should I do?
Stefan How
post Dec 4 2017, 08:17 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

I believe everyone still get it. Last 2 week i got my item cost 116 USD. They add in another 90+ to make it 500+ thus become taxable. In the end I need to pay for GST which is around RM40.... Have any of you guys have parcel arrive in Malaysia but it says package not due for delivery?
usin_kangkong
post Dec 21 2017, 10:48 AM

13 posts

I bought a motorcycle windscreen from webike japan website, delivery through Fedex express or something like that, item cost around 15,100 JPY, shipping costed around 2,000 JPY.

When item reached, Malaysia, Fedex demanded RM 346.28 from me for duty/tax of that said shipment. What a bull zzz

Havent paid anything yet.

12/20/2017 - Wednesday
3:04 pm In transit SEPANG MY
Tendered to authorized agent for final delivery
10:57 am In transit SEPANG MY
Tendered to authorized agent for final delivery
9:03 am In transit SEPANG MY
Package available for clearance
9:03 am International shipment release - Import SEPANG MY
8:34 am At destination sort facility SEPANG MY
4:51 am Departed FedEx location GUANGZHOU CN
4:44 am In transit GUANGZHOU CN
2:18 am Arrived at FedEx location GUANGZHOU CN
12/19/2017 - Tuesday
9:20 pm In transit NARITA-SHI JP
7:51 pm In transit SEPANG MY
Paperwork available
5:32 pm Left FedEx origin facility YOKOHAMA-SHI TSURUMI-KU JP
3:36 pm Picked up YOKOHAMA-SHI TSURUMI-KU JP
12/18/2017 - Monday
6:42 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
KKS21199
post Aug 4 2018, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Well should have read this post before shipping via FedEx from US. I bought a used manual book and some used Rim caps. Both item over 30 years old. Declared values for the item was $32.95. I paid $36 shipping via FedEx. So total is $68.95 ~ RM 272.

But FedEx decided to charge me RM 67x total. RM 1xx for the items and RM 5xx for the freight charge and rm 1 for insurance.

Now they are asking me to pay a customs fee of RM 106. What are my options here? Can I go to customs and show proof of my shipping fees?

This post has been edited by KKS21199: Aug 5 2018, 09:53 PM
Adrian_Alastair
post Aug 14 2018, 03:33 PM

Casual
372 posts

Bought a wallet from Bellroy Australia. Total value + shipping is less than RM300. But got called up by Fedex that duty charges will be costing RM130 if I want my parcel. I check the customs decleration form freight charges were RM300+ for a freaking wallet.
remeron
post Jan 30 2020, 10:18 AM

Casual
339 posts

No intention to necro this thread, but it is happening still in 2020.
Bought some mill max sockets, weigh less than 0.25lbs, and cost me RM300 plus freight from US.

I chose FedEx.. and the rest is history.

Reached Malaysia, FedEx told me, freight charges is RM530, and hence I got taxed RM211, which I have refused to pay.
Considering for the package to be sent back to US.
I approached the custom officer, and they showed the CAPEC schedule and told me, all US packages charged RM530 even if the value is RM1.
Effing nonsense.

testinglabha
post Jun 22 2020, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(remeron @ Jan 30 2020, 10:18 AM)
No intention to necro this thread, but it is happening still in 2020.
Bought some mill max sockets, weigh less than 0.25lbs, and cost me RM300 plus freight from US.

I chose FedEx.. and the rest is history.

Reached Malaysia, FedEx told me, freight charges is RM530, and hence I got taxed RM211, which I have refused to pay.
Considering for the package to be sent back to US.
I approached the custom officer, and they showed the CAPEC schedule and told me, all US packages charged RM530 even if the value is RM1.
Effing nonsense.
Hi, i very confused what do you guys mean by the "freight charges",

actually I was going to purchase 13 Blu-Ray Box Set that going to ship from US, the items price are USD 1130, the estimated shipment fee is USD 85, and they are going to use Fedex International Economy Zone J (4-5 days) Delivery Method.

So, do you guys know, roughly how much I would be tax, or how much additional charge i will need to pay to get my parcel in my case?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:12 PM