123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

V4. Swiftlet Keeping Discussions, All About Swiftlet Keeping Industry

views

swift4ever
post Nov 29 2011, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

When officials from China come to M'sia and find that we are still selling Red nests at outlets of some major shopping mall, do you think that they will agree to our Govt's sincerity to work for mutual benefits? They will probably think our
Govt is trying to poison his own citizen... just my 2 sen rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by swift4ever: Nov 29 2011, 11:48 PM
northface
post Nov 30 2011, 09:03 AM

Casual
359 posts

QUOTE(swift4ever @ Nov 29 2011, 11:39 PM)
When officials from China come to M'sia and find that we are still selling Red nests at outlets of some major shopping mall, do you think that they will agree to our Govt's sincerity to work for mutual benefits? They will probably think our 
Govt is trying to poison his own citizen... just my 2 sen  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Actually haven't heard anything from our hardworking government these few weeks, they taking time off for Christmas already? rclxub.gif
Kanelam
post Nov 30 2011, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(tigerwui @ Nov 29 2011, 02:31 PM)
Wah!! Very good drool.gif ... mine 1 years only 24 nests... cry.gif  cry.gif
Sorry for my ingorance...
By the count of the nests, when will you be able to get back your investment?

I mean it is not cheap . Lets assume standalone BH costs RM300k...

I heard that a lot of pp get back their investment in 3 -5 years... .
With this kind of growth nowadays... pp can't even to breakeven in 10 years
mois
post Nov 30 2011, 11:59 AM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(Kanelam @ Nov 30 2011, 10:55 AM)

I heard  that a lot of pp get back their investment in  3 -5 years... .
Even my bh 3 years 2500nests need 3 years to break even bro. Cost at 140k. Any BH above rm300k is impossible to break even within 3-4years. But think about long term. Once u break even, your profit would be alot. First few years suffer first.
West Wing
post Nov 30 2011, 02:11 PM

Regular
1,397 posts

Well, let me explain why and how BH ranching to most can make money in a long run provided obviously you can get nests.

1st. year is critical years on whether if you are on the journey to richness or not.
2nd. year is forget your GR scheme or you are on your way and if so, you will find a steady increment of nests.

3rd. year is a year when you shall know if you are there or still retain in 2nd.year class and if you pass the 3rd.year class, you maybe on your way to wealth.

After the 3rd. years and if you are successful, you are already in K nests status and in the coming year, anything can happen and your BH is now officially a self supporting BH where you can support your own increment of nests and will able to increase more than you may imagine provided obviously, you do no unnecessary modification as your BH is already a sanctuary for swiftlets without anymore renovation which may do worst than improve the situation. Also, since your BH is old, the older the better to get other BHs new fledged birds..

At 5th. years, you are already rich as you now have got back all your investment and your BH now value afew time your investment and that's what I refer to as your true return for being patient and kind to the swiftlets.

Assuming that your building cost RM150K to building and with the land will cost you about Rm250K and after 5 years, the inflation value of the BH will be at least 500K but you haven't taken in to account of the nests value which is at least RM500 per nests and having let say, 3K nests and that work up to be Rm1.5M. Totally, RM2M if that doesn't satisfied you, I don't know what will which you only invested Rm250K at the beginning and you have got the investment back in 3 years. So, the Rm2M is pure profit!!!

Do you agree?
northface
post Nov 30 2011, 02:31 PM

Casual
359 posts

Agreed sifu WW, but that's before this red nest scandal exploded.

Nowadays with low BN price everything has to push back few years, valuation of everything related to BN will have to be lowered. sifu like you that started swiftlet farming 10 yrs ago were the ones whom reaped the most, high price and high growth.

Given the number of BH nowadays, really don't know how some of the BH owners are ever going to recover their investments. That's just like any business I guess, some ppl make tons of money while others fail to do so.
Kanelam
post Nov 30 2011, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(West Wing @ Nov 30 2011, 02:11 PM)
Well, let me explain why and how BH ranching to most can make money in a long run provided obviously you can get nests.

1st. year is critical years on whether if you are on the journey to richness or not.
2nd. year is forget your GR scheme or you are on your way and if so, you will find a steady increment of nests.

3rd. year is a year when you shall know if you are there or still retain in 2nd.year class and if you pass the 3rd.year class, you maybe on your way to wealth.

After the 3rd. years and if you are successful, you are already in K nests status and in the coming year, anything can happen and your BH is now officially a self supporting BH where you can support your own increment of nests and will able to increase more than you may imagine provided obviously, you do no unnecessary modification as your BH is already a sanctuary for swiftlets without anymore renovation which may do worst than improve the situation. Also, since your BH is old, the older the better to get other BHs new fledged birds..

At 5th. years, you are already rich as you now have got back all your investment and your BH now value afew time your investment and that's what I refer to as your true return for being patient and kind to the swiftlets.

Assuming that your building cost RM150K to building and with the land will cost you about Rm250K and after 5 years, the inflation value of the BH will be at least 500K but you haven't taken in to account of the nests value which is at least RM500 per nests and having let say, 3K nests and that work up to be Rm1.5M. Totally, RM2M if that doesn't satisfied you, I don't know what will which you only invested Rm250K at the beginning and you have got the investment back in 3 years. So, the Rm2M is pure profit!!!

Do you agree?

West Wing,
Totally agree with your points .. But i believe it is ideal case and true maybe 10 years back

However , with the current situation. what the success rate to pass Year 3 to get into K nest status?
I guess it is 20 %

A lot of my friends are having less than 200 nests even after 3 years.. not to mention K nests.
So I guess they will take a longer time to get back their investment

West Wing
post Nov 30 2011, 04:15 PM

Regular
1,397 posts

QUOTE(Kanelam @ Nov 30 2011, 03:09 PM)
West Wing,
Totally agree with your points .. But i believe it is ideal case and true maybe 10 years back

However , with the current situation. what the success rate to pass Year 3 to get into K nest status?
I guess it is 20 %

A lot of my friends are having less than 200 nests even after 3 years.. not to mention K nests.
So I guess they will take a longer time to get back their investment
Hi, like I said, your friends got to retain for another 2nd. year for failing that year test. Like in your school days, you need to retain remove class for failing to get the passing result....and that's one year wasted and maybe another year if you still failed.

You got to have K nests to be self dependence cos without the K nests at your BH, you shall always be at the mercy of the nearby successful BHs and if they are not producing, these BHs are even sharing your fledged birds and you lose to them as their BHs are older and they draw in your birds better and faster than you. What come out of your BH is share among all BHs in your area and you are infact taking the smallest share being the late comer.

Edward Wai
post Nov 30 2011, 07:57 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(northface @ Nov 30 2011, 09:03 AM)
Actually haven't heard anything from our hardworking government these few weeks, they taking time off for Christmas already?  rclxub.gif
Yes, as they said by Dec the guideline will be out and mid of Dec, China representatives will come over to visit. Hopefully there will be huge volume order during the visit to get it back to China in time before CNY sales.
Daniel.N.Amel
post Nov 30 2011, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

To whom do you guys sell it to, the nest?
tigerwui
post Nov 30 2011, 09:06 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Kanelam @ Nov 30 2011, 10:55 AM)

I heard  that a lot of pp get back their investment in  3 -5 years... .
Hi, i also not sure when I can get back my investment but I feel happy icon_idea.gif & satisfy when I see those bird entering my BH & bird nest on the plank... I only can hope as my BH is not at prime zone, near my area also not much BH...
tongserseng
post Dec 1 2011, 02:53 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(West Wing @ Nov 30 2011, 02:11 PM)

Do you agree?
Brother.........

Building cost Rm150k ? very cheap........... can share how is the building looks like ??????????? and the contractor contact no ...........
sure will not forget your share if the deal is on ............. tongue.gif
northface
post Dec 1 2011, 03:27 PM

Casual
359 posts

I've seen 24x70 3 storey BH that cost 150k b4, no slab on your roof (zinc roof). Wall use 1 layer cement brick only, not even plastering on the walls.

After 3 months water leaking, and even if got nests I think you have to share with neighbors because anyone can just open up your roof or your walls and jump in. biggrin.gif

Realistically speaking, normally about $50 per sq.ft of cost for stand alone BH so most 3 storey BH 24x70 would cost 250k or so and that's excluding land. Agriculture land normally cost anywhere between 100k to 150k per acre for areas with proven swiftlet ranching record.
dragon's nest
post Dec 1 2011, 04:11 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(West Wing @ Nov 30 2011, 04:15 PM)

You got to have K nests to be self dependence  cos without the K nests at your BH, you shall always be at the mercy of the nearby successful BHs and if they are not producing, these BHs are even sharing your fledged birds and you lose to them as their BHs are older and they draw in your birds better and faster than you. What come out of your BH is share among all BHs in your area and you are infact taking the smallest share being the late comer.
Does this mean that even if your BH is with the best condition, most of your fledging birds are going to move to an old nearby BHs anyway ? What is the percentage of the new birds stay in their original BH in this case ?
Thank you.

West Wing
post Dec 1 2011, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,397 posts

QUOTE(northface @ Dec 1 2011, 03:27 PM)
I've seen 24x70 3 storey BH that cost 150k b4, no slab on your roof (zinc roof). Wall use 1 layer cement brick only, not even plastering on the walls.

After 3 months water leaking, and even if got nests I think you have to share with neighbors because anyone can just open up your roof or your walls and jump in. biggrin.gif

Realistically speaking, normally about $50 per sq.ft of cost for stand alone BH so most 3 storey BH 24x70 would cost 250k or so and that's excluding land. Agriculture land normally cost anywhere between 100k to 150k per acre for areas with proven swiftlet ranching record.
Here, we have friends that just did their basic BH for Rm36/ft ( include metal safety doors and windows) not including of planks and sound system and mind you 9 ins red brick wall, 15 feets high and slab rooftop plus roofing Free.

I did mine @ Rm46 include everything plus roller shutter packing lot, 16 metal doors, 4 metal windows, resting/control room with bath room and normal gate ( specifications ordered from an architect/Engineer drawing) .....and I still consider it expensive but I don't have the time to check on the BH so I left to a childhood friend (contractor) to do it.

some friend told me that Johor and other states are cheaper. Only profesional like Engineer Lee and other contractors here shall know if anything lower is possible or not in doing proper construction of BH. I just believe that doing BH must make alot of profit cos a contractor just finished doing a few shop lots here at Rm48/ft and still make money......with so much of aluminum frames and tinted glasses, thick steels and heavy concrete of 8 ins ( ours only 6ins slab) plus much more electrical points and fine work.

No offence to our contractor readers here cos I am just a layman in the trade of construction.

Added on December 1, 2011, 5:28 pm
QUOTE(dragon's nest @ Dec 1 2011, 04:11 PM)
Does this mean that even if your BH is with the best condition, most of your fledging birds are going to move to an old nearby BHs anyway ? What is the percentage of the new birds stay in their original BH in this case ?
Thank you.
Best conditions that you can do is to imitate old BH and you can never beat an original oldie and these BHs will surely have an advantages over you unless the guys did what I consider foolish action of renovating the old BH, "Kia Su" as they want to better you in the art of doing BHs and your BH now became the preferred one if you have done all correctly.

Otherwise, there is no way to beat the more than 10 years having over 10 of thousands nests in drawing birds...they have everything going for them; the original heavy smell ( your's only imitation) and original sound ( your's only man made ones) and proven conditions ( your's only assumed right or suggested by your consultants). Remember that large volume of Birds draw and attract in more birds which you lack off.

A silly suggestion on why not fly some dummy swiftlets to draw in the birds.... If anyone did try it out, remember to PM me on it. Ha ha ha...speaking of originality.

This post has been edited by West Wing: Dec 1 2011, 05:28 PM
mois
post Dec 1 2011, 10:25 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

user posted image

Guys, i wanna ask about something. Recently just done another renovation on my shoplot. As you can see, the left one is the new BH meanwhile the right one is old one. Since both of the BHs are separated by only a woody wall, should I connect both of the BHs? more spaces for swiftlets but i afraid might disturb the birds too.

This post has been edited by mois: Dec 1 2011, 10:27 PM
swift4ever
post Dec 2 2011, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

To newbies, consider buying established bh when price are lower now instead of building new one, do make sure it still has potential for further growth. Besides, it is one way to help those who might be tight on cash flow.
littlebird
post Dec 2 2011, 03:46 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(swift4ever @ Dec 2 2011, 08:11 AM)
To newbies, consider buying established bh when price are lower now instead of building new one, do make sure it still has potential for further growth. Besides, it is one way to help those who might be tight on cash flow.
Dont see the bird house drop recently, the one nearby my area selling at RM500k for 100 nests. DSST shop houses. However, i do agreed to invest in those abondoned shop lot, what u all think ? at least the inital cost not high.
swift4ever
post Dec 2 2011, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

Unless you can be sure of result of your new bh in 5 years, otherwise buying old at lower price will give you a head start.
littlebird
post Dec 3 2011, 12:31 AM

20 posts

this device very useful to check the tweeter. found that some areas no bird stay because of the malfunctioning tweeter.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

123 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0339sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:25 PM