78 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> house air purifier

views

spreeeee
post Apr 26 2016, 08:33 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Apr 25 2016, 10:16 PM)
You need to change the filter. Usually people don't bother much on this.
I see, noted.
SUSsupersound
post Apr 26 2016, 09:42 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Apr 26 2016, 08:33 AM)
I see, noted.
Don't fall into marketing gimmick, buying properties far from industrial area are the best way.
Still, no matter how polluted your area is, still can't beat area near to Kualiti Alam where the industrial waste that can be burn will be burn, can bury then bury.
spreeeee
post Apr 26 2016, 10:44 AM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Apr 26 2016, 09:42 AM)
Don't fall into marketing gimmick, buying properties far from industrial area are the best way.
Still, no matter how polluted your area is, still can't beat area near to Kualiti Alam where the industrial waste that can be burn will be burn, can bury then bury.
so no point getting nanoe-g or similar technology then.. just get the basic unit will do..
tyss
post Apr 26 2016, 11:27 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(Skydrop @ Dec 21 2015, 09:55 PM)
Hi

I was considering Lombok too, until I found this, www2.moh.gov.my/attachments/8094

Now, I still don't know what brand to buy.

Sigh......
1st thing is to ask yourself what is the purpose of buying the air filter?

If buying air filter is to enable your family to breath clean air without air borne contaminant, consider the below items when choosing air filter.

1. The size of the filter. Outside brands are around 0.3 micron. Viruses are smaller than 0.3 micron. Atmosphere is 0.009 micron

2. Energy star certification. Cause, you could be turning on 24x7. And this is to avoid high electricity bill. Atmosphere can draw as low as 4.6 watt.

3. Clean air delivery rate ( cadr) , measurement of clean air coming out from the appliance. Atmosphere is rated at 2t0 cubic feet per minute or 7.1m³/min

4. 3rd party certification. Atmosphere has certification for AHAM ( association of home appliance manufacturer), energy star and also the British allergy foudation.

For more info, pls pm me.
SUSsupersound
post Apr 26 2016, 01:34 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Apr 26 2016, 10:44 AM)
so no point getting nanoe-g or similar technology then.. just get the basic unit will do..
In some sense, yes. That's what my installer told me.
If got money, can always choose to believe, else getting cheaper models will do. After all, healthy living from food still important.
post Apr 26 2016, 01:46 PM

Casual
352 posts

Amway...
SUSsupersound
post Apr 26 2016, 01:46 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(93126668 @ Apr 26 2016, 01:46 PM)
Amway...
MLM stuffs usually don't worth to buy.
spreeeee
post Apr 26 2016, 01:51 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Apr 26 2016, 01:34 PM)
In some sense, yes. That's what my installer told me.
If got money, can always choose to believe, else getting cheaper models will do. After all, healthy living from food still important.
btw.. thought the filter is washable? pana recommended to clean the filter every 2 weeks..
SUSsupersound
post Apr 26 2016, 01:56 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(spreeeee @ Apr 26 2016, 01:51 PM)
btw.. thought the filter is washable? pana recommended to clean the filter every 2 weeks..
Make it this way : a filter that can remove chemical substances, do you think that if the filter are not coated with chemicals, can it remove the said substance?
Also, when the filter has chemicals coated, will it degrade over time?
This is something you need to consider. I'm using 3M's chemical mask every now and then that used to filter out mercury, benzene, all are using different type also have lifespan once being attached to the mask. Industrial grade stuffs better or home user stuffs better?
Certain chemical reaction are reversible but most can't.
Always ask such "stupid" question and once you get the answer, you will know what is the best for you thumbsup.gif
tyss
post Apr 26 2016, 07:51 PM

Casual
387 posts

Buying air filter system which is certified by independent body is more trustworthy than manufacturer claims because the products are tested in an independent laboratory.

This is to ensure consumers are protected.
JC999
post Apr 26 2016, 10:58 PM

On my way
599 posts

whats the best bang for buck air purifier now? im leaning towards Sharp.
JC999
post Apr 27 2016, 01:03 AM

On my way
599 posts

guys im going china in may, anyone know if i can buy the xiaomi purifier directly or any shops there?
ksgill80
post Apr 27 2016, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

M a total newbie when it comes to air purifier so do bear wit me please 😊. I really been having a super hard time getting my tiny brain around this 😊

The reason one seems to get an air purifier is because it's rumored that the indoor air quality is poor. Please correct me if this is incorrect

1) So if you keep all your windows open - does this still remain true? If yes, how so?

2) How bad truely is our indoor air quality n how is this being measured? Is there any strong scientific evidence for the Malaysian environment? Or is there a official organization that this question can be asked to?

3) If we spend almost an equal amount of time indoor and outdoor - does having an air purifier make any difference?

4) If one gets used to the apprantly clean air from the purifier does this mean that one is more likely to get ill when they breath less cleaner air?

5) For an air purifier to work properly must it be turned on in a room where all doors n windows are closed? N meaning turning on the aircon or ventilation devices hence higher bill?

6) If you run a purifier in a room that's has all its doors n windows open is it straining it's capacity? Like running an aircon wit the doors n windows open

7) If you have a ventilation fan running, does this hinder the effectiveness of the purifier?

8) Does one need to have a purifier in every room of the house to get its apprant full benefit? This does sound like an expensive purchase & a space stealer

9) How much energy does an avg Purifier consume?

This post has been edited by ksgill80: Apr 27 2016, 09:45 AM
shahruls
post Apr 27 2016, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
243 posts

QUOTE(JC999 @ Apr 26 2016, 10:58 PM)
whats the best bang for buck air purifier now? im leaning towards Sharp.
If u got senheng point, now got promotion rm337+300 point for basic panasonic Purifier . I'm planning to buy it for My second room
chaosneo
post Apr 27 2016, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,322 posts

QUOTE(ksgill80 @ Apr 27 2016, 09:42 AM)
M a total newbie when it comes to air purifier so do bear wit me please 😊. I really been having a super hard time getting my tiny brain around this 😊

The reason one seems to get an air purifier is because it's rumored that the indoor air quality is poor. Please correct me if this is incorrect

1) So if you keep all your windows open - does this still remain true? If yes, how so?
a good house ventilation would improve indoor air quality BUT considering how bad malaysia air quality is... i think you just look at the haze and acrid smell in the morning can know already.

2) How bad truely is our indoor air quality n how is this being measured? Is there any strong scientific evidence for the Malaysian environment? Or is there a official organization that this question can be asked to?
i think are devices to measure air quality even for indoor but if you stay in that house long enough, i think the dust, odor, stuffiness, thickness in the air inside can be felt though the breathing.

3) If we spend almost an equal amount of time indoor and outdoor - does having an air purifier make any difference?
yes, your lungs also serve as a filter. so while indoors having better air quality will help your lungs.

4) If one gets used to the apparently clean air from the purifier does this mean that one is more likely to get ill when they breath less cleaner air?
no.

5) For an air purifier to work properly must it be turned on in a room where all doors n windows are closed? N meaning turning on the aircon or ventilation devices hence higher bill?
to work efficiently yes, if outdoor air is dirty, your air purifier will be trying to purify the air while the indoor air is being replace with outdoor air every time there is wind. if outdoor air is clean then i guess it would be alright but its haze these days.

you can also use it in a closed room with/without aircond or ventilation fan, which some actually recommended. the air purifier will help to filter VOC , dust , and particles.

6) If you run a purifier in a room that's has all its doors n windows open is it straining it's capacity? Like running an aircon wit the doors n windows open
yes. almost the same concept.

7) If you have a ventilation fan running, does this hinder the effectiveness of the purifier?
depending on airflow of the house. generally speaking, it should not affect that much.

8) Does one need to have a purifier in every room of the house to get its apparent full benefit? This does sound like an -expensive purchase & a space stealer.
for budget thinking, like me, i use one in bedroom for night time and during daytime i move it to the living room.

check the brand specifications on power usage

This post has been edited by chaosneo: Apr 27 2016, 05:02 PM
SUSsupersound
post Apr 27 2016, 07:16 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Lyn90 @ Apr 27 2016, 03:48 PM)
Reason??? confused.gif  confused.gif
Is cheapo PRC product, putting a brand to make it expensive.
SUSsupersound
post Apr 27 2016, 07:20 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(ksgill80 @ Apr 27 2016, 09:42 AM)

4) If one gets used to the apprantly clean air from the purifier does this mean that one is more likely to get ill when they breath less cleaner air?

8) Does one need to have a purifier in every room of the house to get its apprant full benefit? This does sound like an expensive purchase & a space stealer

Basically when you can answer all your own stupid questions, you will know actually getting an air purifier are the most stupid idea to begin with.
When sleeping, prolong usage of air cond does not improve our health, instead, will make our health bad.
sovietmah
post Apr 28 2016, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,241 posts

QUOTE(JC999 @ Apr 27 2016, 01:03 AM)
guys im going china in may, anyone know if i can buy the xiaomi purifier directly or any shops there?
Better to buy from local company.
they will give you warranty 12 months.
If you buy directly very difficult for u to skip customs also. in the end u might paying the same amount and u don't have local warranty.
ksgill80
post Apr 28 2016, 12:09 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(supersound @ Apr 27 2016, 07:20 PM)
Basically when you can answer all your own stupid questions, you will know actually getting an air purifier are the most stupid idea to begin with.
When sleeping, prolong usage of air cond does not improve our health, instead, will make our health bad.
Well I am more of a detail person. I really ask n need to know information before making a decision. They maybe stupid to some but not to a person who needs that information. so if you could share more in detail instead of a more wide answer will b appreciated.

After all that's what these forums are for right - to maturely share feedback
calvin_ng
post Apr 28 2016, 12:18 PM

TeamCity | HCC | Insighters
1,576 posts

Uses Mi Air Purifier for 1 Year already...

conclusion

1: Very good air purifier... easily filter living room (Apartment 500-600 sqft living room)
2: When I cook, I notice the Purifier speed up cause need to filter the cooking smell... intelligent enough for me
3: Set it to Auto, been running 24x7 since day 1, still very quiet and so far still good, very quiet when air is clean
4: Filter Haze very very well, and smart phone app can detect realtime via cloud the air quality
5: Replacement filter still hard to find and a little expensive in Malaysia, will try order from China see if it work...

78 Pages « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0270sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:37 AM