Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FYI - WHAT TO DO IF STOPPED BY M'SIAN POLICE....

views

ninjamerah
post Feb 10 2006, 05:20 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

during last chinese new year holiday, i was stopped due to cutting at double line somewhere nearby kuala kangsar ( that hill area nearby cement factory).

i was given a ticket and this is my first time receiveng a ticket.
the ticket said i need to go to the taiping magistrate court on a certain date.

what will i do at the court? do i have to pay? any dress code to enter court?

egiewan
post Feb 10 2006, 06:48 PM

aL-|ncognito
6,777 posts

Today around 10 AM, I was stopped by a JPJ roadblock near Wangsa Maju. I didn't bring my license and I was wearing my pyjamas when I encountered them. They stopped me in a very rude way by scolding me and hitting my car their red flags. They asked for my IC and license. I said dun have lor. Luckily there was a senior officer there who was very polite. He used the computer thing to check my license. I kindly explained to him why I didn't bring my license and he let me go. Their 'junior' officer kept on scolding me and telling me to bring my license like I'm some kinda kid who dunno how to drive. Damn rude la this JPJ people sweat.gif sweat.gif Ouh ya, I didn't bring my license coz I forgot liao doh.gif
hackwire
post Feb 12 2006, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

QUOTE(Joshua_0718 @ Feb 9 2006, 07:59 PM)
There a lot of reason for doing road block in PLUS highway. For me, it is to remind ppl that police are on alert to catch those speeding, so ppl wont speed. Another main reason is they may need to conduct roadblock on PLUS highway if the area happened a serious crime, criminal could easily travel to another state easily
Do you think so? I don't think so.. The officers are too busy summoning the cars and the one that is stopping the cars are busy with identifying the car that speed not reading the facial expression or checking on the passenger.

If they want to deter the criminal, they have CID on the road that will shoot to Kill. Get it my friend.

If they need to teach Malaysian to drive safer, they ought to slap heavier fine and not taking bribes. Most Big Cars that sped dont feel anything at all.
ninjamerah
post Feb 13 2006, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

somebody mailed me these:

Price quoted below are nett without further discount, bargaining are subject to price increase without further notice.

Speeding Fine:
Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.
Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.
Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.
Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = $200 + 12 demerit po ints + Court.
Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = $200 + 18 demerit points + Court.
Exceeding 61km/h = $200 + 24 demerit points + Court.

If you want to be a hero and fight the court case yourself, and if you lose, you pay the court charges plus your fine. I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.

Careless driving= $150
+ 6 demerit Points.

Inconsiderate Driving= $170
+ 9 Demerit Points
+ Court.

Dangerous Driving= $200
+ 24 Demerit Points
+ Court
+ Vehicle Compounded.

Illegal Racing= $200
+ Vehicle Confiscate
+ Court.

Fail to put Seat Belt= $120
+ 3 demerit points

Crossing Double White lines= $130
+ 4 points

Phone and Drive= $200
+ 12 demerit point
+ Phone Confiscate

* Do not hold your handphone in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or ear piece.

Drink Driving (first offence) = Up to $5000 Fine and, or jail term
+ Licence Suspended
+ Court
2nd time offence= Jail term
+ Fine
+ Court.

Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign= $70.

Fail to Signal when changing lanes= $70.

Driving at night without headlights or taillights switched on after 7pm = $30

No Number Plate= $70.

Obstructed Number Plate= $70.

Obscured Number Plate= $70.

Number Plate Of Unapproved Type= $70.

-----
Demerit Point system:

Let's say you have 0 point on 1st January 2005, and you c ommitted the offence of failing to put on seat belt. So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this record will last for 1 Year.

If during this 1 year you have no demerit points offence at all, your existing 3 demerit points will be cancelled on 1/1/2006.

But, if during the period of the year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you commit another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be extended for another year until 1/1/2007.

For more information on demerit points (Kejara), visit http://www.jpj.gov.my/malay/kuatkuasa08.htm

Joshua_0718
post Feb 13 2006, 03:04 PM

**Keep Walking 不停地走**
8,908 posts

Y all in $ and not RM? sweat.gif
^cash^
post Feb 13 2006, 10:01 PM

太子
619 posts

QUOTE(Joshua_0718 @ Feb 13 2006, 03:04 PM)
Y all in $ and not RM? sweat.gif
laugh.gif $ = USD? i think we all understand lor if just put $... coz it is in malaysia mah sure in ringgit lor smile.gif
kuman_kumin
post Feb 14 2006, 04:26 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(egiewan @ Feb 10 2006, 06:48 PM)
Today around 10 AM, I was stopped by a JPJ roadblock near Wangsa Maju. I didn't bring my license and I was wearing my pyjamas when I encountered them. They stopped me in a very rude way by scolding me and hitting my car their red flags. They asked for my IC and license. I said dun have lor. Luckily there was a senior officer there who was very polite. He used the computer thing to check my license. I kindly explained to him why I didn't bring my license and he let me go. Their 'junior' officer kept on scolding me and telling me to bring my license like I'm some kinda kid who dunno how to drive. Damn rude la this JPJ people sweat.gif  sweat.gif Ouh ya, I didn't bring my license coz I forgot liao doh.gif
hah.. your fault lar wei.... didn't bring your license.. hehe.. but the jpj was so rude hah?? next time, slap his face. flex.gif

kuman_kumin
post Feb 14 2006, 04:29 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(ninjamerah @ Feb 10 2006, 05:20 PM)
during last chinese new year holiday, i was stopped due to cutting at double line somewhere nearby kuala kangsar ( that hill area nearby cement factory).

i was given a ticket and this is my first time receiveng a ticket.
the ticket said i need to go to the taiping magistrate court on a certain date.

what will i do at the court? do i have to pay? any dress code to enter court?
u only need to attend at the court if you think you are right.. i mean, if you dont want to pay lar... if you want to pay, then, no need to go to court.. just pay at nearest police station... unless, ur fault cannot be compound.. like drunk, duplicate roadtax, licence etc.. thumbup.gif
so, just go and pay the compound whistling.gif whistling.gif

NMZjj
post Feb 14 2006, 02:23 PM

shine!
755 posts

Thanks for the precious info...
I really appreciate it...
altie
post Feb 15 2006, 12:11 AM

Runaway Fridge™
Group Icon
VIP
673 posts

Careless driving= $150
+ 6 demerit Points.

Inconsiderate Driving= $170
+ 9 Demerit Points
+ Court.

Dangerous Driving= $200
+ 24 Demerit Points
+ Court
+ Vehicle Compounded.

Illegal Racing= $200
+ Vehicle Confiscate
+ Court.

Fail to put Seat Belt= $120
+ 3 demerit points

Crossing Double White lines= $130
+ 4 points

Phone and Drive= $200
+ 12 demerit point
+ Phone Confiscate

* Do not hold your handphone in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or ear piece.

Drink Driving (first offence) = Up to $5000 Fine and, or jail term
+ Licence Suspended
+ Court
2nd time offence= Jail term
+ Fine
+ Court.

Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign= $70.

Fail to Signal when changing lanes= $70.
Pointless. Everyday I drive out there, people do it as if they own the road. Nobody respects anybody anymore. They only care about themselves only.
hackwire
post Feb 16 2006, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

wait for discount than only pay lah.
Zippo
post Feb 16 2006, 08:34 PM

1 posts

After reading all you guys story i wanted to share some of my story here with you guys.

There was this 1 time when i was driving my sis car (Skyline GTT34, not GTR) to have a drink with my friend in the mamak, taman connaught area. When i was turning in to the alley a few policeman stopped me and here's how the conversation goes.

Police: Selamat Pagi encik
me: Pagi
Polie: Bolih turun kejap?

i proceed to get down my vehicle not wanting to cause any problem, as soon as i get off my vehicle one of the policeman quickly get into my seats and start acting as if he was searching for something, after awhile he stop he searching and began to hold my steering wheel and act as if he was driving my car..i was like wtf?

Police: Kereta cantik ni
Me: laugh
Police: Kereta kamu ke?
Me: bukan, kakak saya punya

Then after awhile he just let me go, note, during the whole incident never did the policeman ask me for my IDs or anything..

antonio
post Feb 18 2006, 07:20 PM

AMD Phenom II & Intel i7 Overclocker
Group Icon
VIP
4,032 posts

Closed Until Futher Notice!

antonio

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version