Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mikrotik Routers (RouterBoard & RouterOS), User and owner discussion group (Enterprise Networking)

longpants
post Jan 20 2018, 02:25 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(soonwai @ Jan 20 2018, 12:48 AM)
So sorry to hear that. I've never had a single routerboard fail on me yet. Did you try a netinstall? If you don't know mind me asking, where did you buy it from?
From sublime. They asked me to return back to them. Planning to post it tmr. I hope it’s just bad luck and not my setup.

And I tried netinstall but the router is not even appearing on the screen when I click reset. I’m sure I’m doing it right by following YouTube tutorials lol. See my video attached.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  33BB4853_D4A0_4DD9_9487_29384D2744BA.MOV ( 6.14mb ) Number of downloads: 5
jio
post Jan 20 2018, 08:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Jan 20 2018, 12:54 AM)
With TM there was once a torn cable but that only caused loss of internet which was changed and fixed. The time internet isnt mine, only running my hardware but the retransmit was caused by a momentary packet loss that happens when you burden wifi. During the test i was pinging the router and it timed out only once because of wifi being suddenly loaded. Wifi has inconsistent pings when loaded so getting A+ requires not only a good WAN but also internal network.

But to get A+ on wifi is not easy. After TM was installed in another place i did a test both via wifi and wire using the provided hardware (tp link). Wire got C for both and wireless got F for both (on 5Ghz wifi AC).

My configuration is mikrotik as router, asus as wifi.
But your other results retransmit avg is 1 to 2 orders of magnitude higher than the worst results I get. Once in a while I do get about 1% max on 1 of the server, but the overall is always < 1%. I have no problem consistently getting A or A+ even with wifi on Time at 5 diff locations (bkt jalil, sri petaling, puchong, 2x pj). 4 is with mikrotik router and mikrotik/asus wifi. Only 1 with old belkin, but even without any qos (due to cpu limitation), it still get better results than yours. I don't have any reference data for cyberjaya except for Time business line (now marketed as enterprise), but irrelevant to your case as it has different routing than the normal home and business basic line. Home and business basic (they dropped the basic from the name) share the same routing. Funny thing is the routing from normal time broadband to one of my client (2km away with time enterprise line) is so bad that the latency (50ms instead of 5ms ping) is worse than their 2nd line from a different provider (10ms only).

This post has been edited by jio: Jan 20 2018, 08:29 AM
MX510
post Jan 20 2018, 09:37 AM

PSNID darknforce
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(longpants @ Jan 19 2018, 10:43 AM)
Ah crap this morning my 2 week mikrotik is failing me again. its not beeping now and the USR LED is blinking.. looks like its not rebooting as well because i cant go into the web interface.. when it first arrive, I did do a firmware upgrade before using it..

tonight planning to reinstall the firmware, hopefully will  solve the problem:( sad.gif
Try to netinstall this usually fix all the issue

This post has been edited by MX510: Jan 20 2018, 09:38 AM
longpants
post Jan 20 2018, 01:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MX510 @ Jan 20 2018, 09:37 AM)
Try to netinstall this usually fix all the issue

Tried. If you seemy previous post the video. The router is not even appearing in netinstall to do a boot.
System Error Message
post Jan 20 2018, 04:11 PM

QUOTE(jio @ Jan 20 2018, 08:17 AM)
But your other results retransmit avg is 1 to 2 orders of magnitude higher than the worst results I get. Once in a while I do get about 1% max on 1 of the server, but the overall is always < 1%. I have no problem consistently getting A or A+ even with wifi on Time at 5 diff locations (bkt jalil, sri petaling, puchong, 2x pj). 4 is with mikrotik router and mikrotik/asus wifi. Only 1 with old belkin, but even without any qos (due to cpu limitation), it still get better results than yours. I don't have any reference data for cyberjaya except for Time business line (now marketed as enterprise), but irrelevant to your case as it has different routing than the normal home and business basic line. Home and business basic (they dropped the basic from the name) share the same routing. Funny thing is the routing from normal time broadband to one of my client (2km away with time enterprise line) is so bad that the latency (50ms instead of 5ms ping) is worse than their 2nd line from a different provider (10ms only).
the other results are different, i increased the test stress so it dropped quality from A+ to A but bufferbloat still staying in A+. Some results werent done on the same ISP/hardware even and some done while i was tuning QoS.
MX510
post Jan 20 2018, 08:05 PM

PSNID darknforce
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(longpants @ Jan 20 2018, 01:19 PM)
Tried. If you seemy previous post the video. The router is not even appearing in netinstall to do a boot.
Yeah send for RMA i usually use console cable if net install failed

73 Pages « < 71 72 73Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0645sec    4.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:43 PM