Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Brandstar AP Warranty, Anyone claim before? Bagus?

Dannyl
post Sep 19 2011, 01:07 PM

what the fucuk-yimai
Group: Senior Member

Anybody bought Brandstar AP phones and claimed warranty before? Is the claim process smooth or troublesome with lots of ding dongs? Thanks for sharing smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
brutalsoul
post Sep 20 2011, 11:41 AM

A goal without a plan is just a wish

how much the different between AP and ori set?
+Quote Post
danielcmugen
post Sep 20 2011, 04:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(brutalsoul @ Sep 20 2011, 11:41 AM)
how much the different between AP and ori set?
Check this http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/857577
+Quote Post
Snaafu
post Sep 21 2011, 02:05 PM

Group: Junior Member

suck lol. i sent my phone for 1 month d. now still havent repair yet.
+Quote Post
x132755
post Sep 22 2011, 11:18 PM

GET DEALER PRICE, EARN EXTRA 2-5K/MTH, FREELANCE DEALER WANTED

QUOTE(Snaafu @ Sep 21 2011, 02:05 PM)
suck lol. i sent my phone for 1 month d. now still havent repair yet.
ap is take longer time if the board problem..
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
raul88
post Sep 22 2011, 11:36 PM

░░Madridista ░░

QUOTE(x132755 @ Sep 22 2011, 11:18 PM)
ap is take longer time if the board problem..
they dont have technician?
or dont have motherboard?

Added on September 23, 2011, 4:37 pmIf any shop or AP company try to do something funny, here's something you can do.

1.Ministry of domestic trade, co-operative and consumerism tribal tuntutan pengguna
2. National Consumer Complaint Center pusat khidmat aduan pengguna

a few people told me they've tried it and percentage of customer win is very very high..provided you have a case la
our awareness about consumer right is very very low compared to developed nation
I think its time for customers to step up

This post has been edited by raul88: Sep 23 2011, 04:37 PM
+Quote Post
mikimiki
post Mar 22 2012, 01:39 PM

this post is a customer feedback towards directd / Extrovest Communications Sdn. Bhd./Brandstar.
the original posts along with tracking data of the whole incident were deleted by mod.

during a recent RMA attempt, directd confiscated my original receipt and replaced with a re-printed official receipt, with additional terms attached.
The new clause now include warranty void disclaimer on LCD screen as well, on top of “rooting”.
directd claimed he informed the first-hand owner of my set about “rooting voids warranty”, but i highly doubt if he informed the first-hand owner against the LCD screen warranty disclaimer, which weren’t printed on the original receipt.
the phone came back without any directd warranty seal pealed off and unsealed.

i am sending my phone to Samsung service center for repair, and have them capturing prove if there’s any unnecessary alteration done to internal component of the set, including the LCD.

i acknowledge the fact that the device was rooted before thus RMA is rejected, i’m thus absorbing the repairing cost on my own.

i condemn the business practice of directd to alter the official receipt and terms of a Closed Deal.

Prove, quoted from directd’s now deleted thread:
user posted image

Added on March 22, 2012, 1:52 pmi reckon that my initial complain in the sales thread was removed due to, "Refrain from jeopardizing sales unnecessarily. However, you are encouraged to raise an alarm if you strongly believe a potential fraud is about to take place. Alternatively, report the post." without notice.

that it seems that the forum only allows positive feedbacks, but not negative feedbacks.

This post has been edited by mikimiki: Mar 22 2012, 01:52 PM
+Quote Post
directd
post Mar 22 2012, 02:48 PM

Getting Started

mikimiki, dont be so naive please. do you think the mod simply deleted all the post just because it's a negative feedback?
we have seen that mods does take into account all the feedbacks and act on it.
what you are doing now, is like people who judged guilty by the court, then try to perform a riot on the street.

btw i just notice this thread, thanks to mikimiki comments. so it's good to see feedback from all regarding brandstar warranty. we will take all comments as a platform for us to improve our service. thanks!!
+Quote Post
mikimiki
post Mar 22 2012, 03:38 PM

QUOTE(directd @ Mar 22 2012, 02:48 PM)
mikimiki, dont be so naive please. do you think the mod simply deleted all the post just because it's a negative feedback?
we have seen that mods does take into account all the feedbacks and act on it.
what you are doing now, is like people who judged guilty by the court, then try to perform a riot on the street.
btw i just notice this thread, thanks to mikimiki comments. so it's good to see feedback from all regarding brandstar warranty. we will take all comments as a platform for us to improve our service. thanks!!
sharing facts is naive?
i'm quoting your response and reply to showcase forumers your attitude.
thanks for reminding me to make this a case in Dispute.

Added on March 22, 2012, 3:52 pmit's been confirmed by the mod that the post in sales thread was removed for this following rule:
"Refrain from jeopardizing sales unnecessarily. However, you are encouraged to raise an alarm if you strongly believe a potential fraud is about to take place. Alternatively, report the post."

Added on March 22, 2012, 8:10 pma Dispute is opened at:
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...0#entry49944136

Details of the complaint :
i received a PM from directd on 22/3/2012 4.12PM denoting the following:
our management has decided to take legal action against u, just give u the head up..

i’ll refrain from making further comment, but will make available all available proves/transaction/communication for the purpose of the processing of this complain.

This post has been edited by mikimiki: Mar 22 2012, 08:10 PM
+Quote Post
saladin7
post Sep 15 2012, 09:09 PM

Getting Started

I have a nightmare exp with this company too...
+Quote Post
Gurvin Abruzzi
post Sep 16 2012, 01:47 AM

Am Gurvin, gurvinder_tennis is not my dupe account.

Deleted.

This post has been edited by Gurvin Abruzzi: Sep 16 2012, 01:55 AM
+Quote Post
nova_freak
post Sep 16 2012, 10:35 PM

Getting Started

This Brandstar is mainly under the seller DirectD. Not a good seller in my opinion. Reason:
- Does not reply to my PM or message
- Whatever written on his Lelong products such as free gift and etc, is different when asking directly from him (means in Lelong say got this and that, when dealing with phone cos going to buy, he will say no this and that)
- and the problem mention by mikimiki on top, is a big issue
- DirectD is the guilty part, and mikimiki voicing his real exp, but DirectD want to sue him. LMAO...

End of the day, do not buy from this to avoid risk. There are many many more better sellers in LYN. I can recommend some if you need.
+Quote Post
mydragoon
post Oct 9 2012, 10:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!

i wonder what happened to mikimiki case...?!?
+Quote Post
JC_jun
post Oct 16 2012, 02:38 PM

Getting Started

luckily my friend referred me to check this thread, i almost going to buy a phone from directD.. now i have to think twice and think wise, should i save a few bucks but taking up such a risk.
+Quote Post
hackintosh
post Oct 16 2012, 03:05 PM

Getting Started

haih... i been encountered similar issue with one of the biggest company in USA before..
the way they served customer is very very bad...

+Quote Post
chbea
post Oct 25 2012, 05:30 PM

Getting Started

price also no same state at lelong......

add rm 100 etc, sales staff very lc 1 say our phone already cheap, if complain the prices go maxis and digi get lah,
+Quote Post
blacky87
post Nov 9 2012, 04:53 PM

deng
+Quote Post
KannaSai1
post Nov 9 2012, 11:37 PM

[019-348-2888]

wah, quite bad experience.

no explaination and trying intimating Ts.
+Quote Post
ezmeer94
post Nov 10 2012, 12:59 PM

Regular

Conclusion brandstar sucks
+Quote Post
KannaSai1
post Nov 11 2012, 01:54 AM

[019-348-2888]

i think all ap same
+Quote Post
daric1991
post Dec 13 2012, 09:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(raul88 @ Sep 22 2011, 11:36 PM)
they dont have technician?
or dont have motherboard?

Added on September 23, 2011, 4:37 pmIf any shop or AP company try to do something funny, here's something you can do.

1.Ministry of domestic trade, co-operative and consumerism tribal tuntutan pengguna
2. National Consumer Complaint Center pusat khidmat aduan pengguna

a few people told me they've tried it and percentage of customer win is very very high..provided you have a case la
our awareness about consumer right is very very low compared to developed nation
I think its time for customers to step up
yes u are right!
+Quote Post
super_evil_alien
post Jan 7 2013, 04:26 PM

Slumber Mode

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Nov 11 2012, 01:54 AM)
i think all ap same
Some of them are even worse.Anyone here who have deal with Comsat knows this.
+Quote Post
KannaSai1
post Jan 10 2013, 12:12 PM

[019-348-2888]

QUOTE(super_evil_alien @ Jan 7 2013, 04:26 PM)
Some of them are even worse.Anyone here who have deal with Comsat knows this.
comsat quite wellknown here. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
whyeshen
post Jun 21 2013, 04:24 PM

Group: New Member

Hi friends,

I am new here.

Anyway, bought Samsung S3 (AP set, Brandstar warranty) from Extrovest 6 months ago. 3-4 months in, I accidentally sat lightly on it and glass cracked (surprisingly easy!). So I thought okay phone still functioning so eff it la.

Then 2 weeks ago, I left the phone to charge. After an hour I checked the phone and it was off. I couldn't turn it on again after that. I suspect theres a problem with the motherboard.

So anyway I sent it to Extrovest (with the Brandstar warranty) and waited for two weeks with no news until yesterday when I received an SMS saying that they WON'T fix the phone under warranty as it is void. I was shocked cause they told me doesn't matter if its the problem with the motherboard or whatever, once there's a crack on the screen, the whole warranty is void and I cannot claim for anything.

I dunno guys. I am so angry and disappointed. I have spoken to someone in Extrovest and that guy seem to insist that theres nothing they can do. I dunno guys any idea?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by whyeshen: Jun 21 2013, 04:32 PM
+Quote Post
Dannyl
post Jun 22 2013, 09:11 AM

what the fucuk-yimai

QUOTE(whyeshen @ Jun 21 2013, 04:24 PM)
Hi friends,

I am new here.

Anyway, bought Samsung S3 (AP set, Brandstar warranty) from Extrovest 6 months ago. 3-4 months in, I accidentally sat lightly on it and glass cracked (surprisingly easy!). So I thought okay phone still functioning so eff it la.

Then 2 weeks ago, I left the phone to charge. After an hour I checked the phone and it was off. I couldn't turn it on again after that. I suspect theres a problem with the motherboard.

So anyway I sent it to Extrovest (with the Brandstar warranty) and waited for two weeks with no news until yesterday when I received an SMS saying that they WON'T fix the phone under warranty as it is void. I was shocked cause they told me doesn't matter if its the problem with the motherboard or whatever, once there's a crack on the screen, the whole warranty is void and I cannot claim for anything.

I dunno guys. I am so angry and disappointed. I have spoken to someone in Extrovest and that guy seem to insist that theres nothing they can do. I dunno guys any idea?

Thanks.
That sucks. They're making excuses to avoid repairing your phone. Complain to Consumers Tribunal, someone posted some info a few posts back.
+Quote Post
adriangoh
post Jun 22 2013, 05:26 PM

Getting Started

well its just their way to skip all unnecessary repair and no point for you to further on this case.. 1st the screen is cracked..no matter how it is, it still cracked and the possibility of the crack is just your verbal statement.

They will assume on the worst that u dropped it hard and crack the whole thing including the board.

because always in either ori or ap t&c, anything happen that will void the warranty, all others cannot be claim. ETC : you have mic problem before you cracked your screen and you bring to warranty after you cracked your screen, you have to pay the cost of repairing the screen and the mic then your warranty continues.

The most interesting in thread is mikimiki case with directd because this really affect everyone here.

We see DIRECTD ads everyday in the forum. Anyone have further news on this?
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jun 23 2013, 10:06 AM

King of Char Siew!

Hmm...glad i saw this thread...was considering to buy from DirectD....but seriously...all AP hopeless wan...Even SME also hopeless (but at least they will not be lansi and act like gangster).
+Quote Post
Bunny.Hitam
post Jun 24 2013, 10:59 AM

Getting Started

ohmai
+Quote Post
danielcmugen
post Jun 24 2013, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(whyeshen @ Jun 21 2013, 04:24 PM)
Hi friends,

I am new here.

Thanks.
What if....it's really due to the screen crack? hmm.gif
+Quote Post
h@ksam
post Jul 6 2013, 06:30 PM

@ is a

QUOTE(danielcmugen @ Jun 24 2013, 04:44 PM)
What if....it's really due to the screen crack? hmm.gif
hence why physical damage always void warranty, you can claim that sitting on the phone didn't damage other parts of the phone itself, and they can claim that it did, this deadlock will not end well for both parties.

always remember to read your T&C's before or after buying your products to know where you stand.

+Quote Post
whyeshen
post Jul 16 2013, 01:07 PM

Hey guys, got updates.

I have waited one month, since 10/6/2013 and after waiting they still told me it cannot be fixed. So now I have given up and I dont think i wanna waste my time going to the consumers tribunal. these types of AP warranty will give me a hard time and delay. I have not had my phone for over a month now. I have officially given up hope although heartache la spent RM 1,600 in November 2012 and the phone died in early June 2013.

I won't be so unreasonable and stupid to say that no one should ever go buy stuff from directD. But I think its safe to say NEVER EVER buy AP sets. Only stick to sets with original warranty.

Case closed im moving on with a huge hole in my pocket.

Thanks DirectD!
+Quote Post
steventan85
post Jul 16 2013, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(whyeshen @ Jul 16 2013, 01:07 PM)
Hey guys, got updates.

I have waited one month, since 10/6/2013 and after waiting they still told me it cannot be fixed. So now I have given up and I dont think i wanna waste my time going to the consumers tribunal. these types of AP warranty will give me a hard time and delay. I have not had my phone for over a month now. I have officially given up hope although heartache la spent RM 1,600 in November 2012 and the phone died in early June 2013.

I won't be so unreasonable and stupid to say that no one should ever go buy stuff from directD. But I think its safe to say NEVER EVER buy AP sets. Only stick to sets with original warranty.

Thanks DirectD!
vmad.gif ..

take it as a lesson lo.... cry.gif cry.gif

alwaz buy Ori set... warranty no issue ....
+Quote Post
rave7575
post Jul 25 2013, 04:55 PM

Getting Started

went to their shop yesterday night...before arrive i called them asking if desire 600 available or not..told by their seller yes its available...see their page also says 'walk-in and buy'...arrived at shop only to noticed standing for 10 mints..(was standing just at front of his seller but surprisingly im not seems to be visible to him..yo im indian with dark skin) finally he asked me if i need anything..i said i want to take desire 600...seems at 1st he could not recall what phone is that....manage to made him understand...went in...after 5 mints came out just to say no stock...stock is on the way...wait for 1 hour..so i waited outside of the shop..went back in after 1 hour...a girl told me..stock on the way wait till 11pm (gila oo...they close shop at 11 lah!!!) so i said thank you very much bye bye.... (by the way went to kl...low yat...manage to get cheaper..with all in 10 mints deal.. they have a very good sale but lot of customers are ignored.

This post has been edited by rave7575: Jul 25 2013, 04:58 PM
+Quote Post
apih5242
post Oct 23 2013, 08:14 PM

my phone sent to claim warranty to SAtu Gadget for one month before (25 Oct 2013).. After i receive my phone (27 Sept 2013) there is another problem. so i sent it back to Satu Gadget.. 29 Sept 2013 until now 23 Sept 2013 haven't repair yet..
Simple answer when i call them = tunggu technician repair.. Bila boleh siap? tak tau ooo.. byk phone kene repair..

SUCK... Bad Services..

Anybody can help me??
+Quote Post
Building.Up
post Nov 30 2013, 03:16 PM

Well, one will have to go through a bad experience buying Phone with AP warranty before they learn their lesson. I had a bad experience myself buying a AP phone many years ago n even file a case with the consumer tribunal. When the consumer tribunal call us up to come over for discussion, they ask us to settle the matter ourselves outside the room. After such experience, I ensure that all my new phone purchase must be original and warranty by the supplier themselves. Well, this is bad experience only for those who have problems with AP phone. Good for those who don't have any problems with it.

QUOTE(whyeshen @ Jul 16 2013, 02:07 PM)
Hey guys, got updates.

Thanks DirectD!
+Quote Post
tiensong
post Nov 30 2013, 09:25 PM

Regular

I don't have any experience about AP phone but I have a very nice experience with original SME phone to share with...When I repaired my phone in one of the authorize Samsung shop, they only take one day to settle my phone...I am so happy with their services...Even one of my friend's phone found oil mark inside the phone, at first they want to void his warranty but after tolong tolong, they tak kira and close one eye to help my friend repaired without need to pay any single cent....He felt very very warm because he knew kena water/oil will not be able to claim warranty....He appreciate the technician very very much!

This post has been edited by tiensong: Nov 30 2013, 09:28 PM
+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Dec 1 2013, 01:04 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(tiensong @ Nov 30 2013, 09:25 PM)
I don't have any experience about AP phone but I have a very nice experience with original SME phone to share with...When I repaired my phone in one of the authorize Samsung shop, they only take one day to settle my phone...I am so happy with their services...Even one of my friend's phone found oil mark inside the phone, at first they want to void his warranty but after tolong tolong, they tak kira and close one eye to help my friend repaired without need to pay any single cent....He felt very very warm because he knew kena water/oil will not be able to claim warranty....He appreciate the technician very very much!
Yeah agree wit you.

If buy ori set.. less headache.everything is under malaysia set . If the service center accidentally repair ur phone rosak or cant find the spare part they wil exchange one to one within 1 weeks or 2 weeks if they dun hv stock.

If ap set things rosak or motherboard need to wait coz of spare part problem as some is not available in msia. Need to wait for thier stock to reach only can repair which take longer time.
+Quote Post
loki
post Jan 23 2014, 12:34 PM

Regular

Was thinking of getting the S3 LTE from DirectD, but after seeing so many comments, better get the SME set...less headache

+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Jan 23 2014, 11:23 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(loki @ Jan 23 2014, 12:34 PM)
Was thinking of getting the S3 LTE from DirectD, but after seeing so many comments, better get the SME set...less headache
S3 ori no lte.. only note 3 lte.

consider other phone lo.
+Quote Post
jananan
post Feb 13 2014, 01:02 PM

Android

i've bought many phones and tablets as well from directd, my experience has been good so far.

haven't had the chance to claim anything under their warranty so far so i can't comment on that.

what i like about buying from directd is they ship really fast if its in stock and the item is always sealed in box, unopened.
+Quote Post
parkchu
post Feb 15 2014, 02:00 AM

as far as i concerned, dont let seller takes advantage of you.
- checked the sealed sticker,
- make sure it is ok, no double tapped.
- check IMEI (*#06#), compare with what written on the box and the receipt and
- checked gps working or not (google maps).

last but not least. Keep your receipt together with your education certs. And register your devices online.

+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Feb 23 2014, 05:49 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(parkchu @ Feb 15 2014, 02:00 AM)
as far as i concerned, dont let seller takes advantage of you.
- checked the sealed sticker,
- make sure it is ok, no double tapped.
- check IMEI (*#06#), compare with what written on the box and the receipt and
- checked gps working or not (google maps).

last but not least. Keep your receipt together with your education certs. And register your devices online.
If ap set you can see the sticker is different ya..
+Quote Post
jeulun
post Mar 3 2014, 05:31 PM

i am planning to buy the white 16gb nexus 5 from directd....but looked at these comments i dont think its a good choice to buy from them....do they improve their service now?
so should i buy from them or where else can i buy one? any suggestions?
+Quote Post
Gerrard92
post Mar 4 2014, 08:58 PM

Why LG Malaysia does not include Nexus 5 in the warranty..seriously..
If they cover the warranty I will buy from them..its hard to reapir the phone if something happen to it..I also thinking to buy Nexus 5 from directd too..maybe just wait for Nexus 6 all the way..
+Quote Post
sanfa
post Mar 6 2014, 01:55 PM

man from earth

wow... i never know its such a hassle to claim warranty from an AP company.. so, buying an oversea set is better then AP since oversea set have manufacturer warranty.. am I right?
+Quote Post
deadravel
post Mar 17 2014, 04:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Gerrard92 @ Mar 4 2014, 08:58 PM)
Why LG Malaysia does not include Nexus 5 in the warranty..seriously..
If they cover the warranty I will buy from them..its hard to reapir the phone if something happen to it..I also thinking to buy Nexus 5 from directd too..maybe just wait for Nexus 6 all the way..
this directd selling is AP set la doh.gif
if original set LG got provide warranty la dude
+Quote Post
Gerrard92
post Mar 17 2014, 08:48 PM

have u seen on LG Malaysia website..did they include Nexus 5 in it ??
+Quote Post
allenultra
post Mar 18 2014, 01:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!

LG Nexus 5 does not come with international warranty.
Warranty only apply to the country the device bought from
+Quote Post
neovvl
post Mar 19 2014, 11:04 AM

Last year, I bought a Note 3 at directd. First time ever coming here. Hope i get good experiences but...

When I got to the shop, their just open a store, and I went in and asked Note 3. The SA said the prices RM 1X59. I said OK. Bila HE back with HP he said the PRICE is RM 1X69. WTF.. little argument with him because he raised the price x sampai 5 minit PUNNN..WTF... The price has been agreed upon by the seller and the buyer. Some more I say this price RM1X59 is advertised in MUDAH.

I was not satisfied and went out the store. I get back to shop after 10 minutes later and continued to level 2. I asked another SA and he stated price RM1X59 for Note 3. I immediately said OK and he continues to deliver the HP to my inspection. Final purchase price is RM1X59.

My advice is the prospective buyer so do not be fooled by dirty tactics shopkeepers.

And the shopkeepers, PLS and PLS not USE dirty tactics on the buyer.
+Quote Post
ttkyy
post Mar 22 2014, 10:43 AM

Getting Started

Some shop is playing with the colour,must ask first.
Nowadays,Ap n Ori normally diff. no much,buy Ori lahhhhh
+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Mar 25 2014, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ttkyy @ Mar 22 2014, 10:43 AM)
Some shop is playing with the colour,must ask first.
Nowadays,Ap n Ori normally diff. no much,buy Ori lahhhhh
You are right . Need to inform them wat colour you want.

Due to limited stock colour price is different. Especially limited edition colours.

now note 3 ori can compete with ap just less than rm100.
+Quote Post
sunnychai99
post Mar 25 2014, 09:31 AM

Enthusiast

Technical eror.

This post has been edited by sunnychai99: Mar 25 2014, 09:33 AM
+Quote Post
dkcheong1127
post Mar 29 2014, 04:18 PM

Juz send my ap S3 for claim warranty today due to my phone suddenly hang after update to 4.3 and now juz always can boot into the first screen, my s3 was bought from satugadget at cheras and the ap devices was under Brandstar warranty also, now wait and see how long i can take back my phone~
+Quote Post
altimi
post Apr 4 2014, 07:48 PM

Regular

avoid directd like a plague?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic