Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> US and UK TV Series: New Series /Season Review, For new airing only

views

TSdundermifflin
post Oct 16 2011, 07:37 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(expl0it @ Oct 15 2011, 02:25 PM)
There's a new tv show out called Boss. 8 episodes. Starring Kelsey Grammer (Fraiser). Looks interesting
on my list. its on Starz, so u can expect n***ity cool2.gif

Revenge
i think its a good series, im on 2nd episode.

a girl looking for a revenge for his father, using her beauty and her late father wealth. conspiring against powerful wealthy families.
digitalcoconut
post Oct 25 2011, 07:23 AM

15 posts

American Horror Story i never a fan of ghost story, this just OK. watched the pilot. not excite me much. but i think its good horror /ghost series. will watch it, but i dont anticipate much..

Boss i expected a great series. this is serious stuff, political stuff, i like it. but the pilot are just OK. dont know where this will be going.. have a good potential, but time will tell..
TSdundermifflin
post Oct 30 2011, 09:08 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

Boss is boss.. one of the better new series this Sept/Oct.

watched the pilot, and definitely i want more. some serious shit..
bobkadir
post Oct 30 2011, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

person of interest and revenge is good yo.enjoy it much.
TSdundermifflin
post Nov 1 2011, 07:10 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

Pete Versus Life S02

glad its back.. the show are very ok, not great, but i love the concept. sports commentating on very unfortunate British guy life.. very hilarious.

the season 02 starts very well.. as good as the first.
shenanigans
post Nov 2 2011, 09:04 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(dundermifflin @ Oct 10 2011, 09:29 AM)
A Gifted Man[2011]

a gifted neurosurgeon, visited /hallucinated by his late ex-wife. the self -eccentric medical practitioner begin to questioning his purpose of life.

not really excellent show, but somehow i like it. medical drama, a bit heart -warming stuff.. good casting on lead characters..
Have read the synopsis and I think I am going to try it. I love medical drama, with heat-warming one. biggrin.gif Thanks for the suggestion.
mrhulk
post Nov 2 2011, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

Ringer is the best new suspense drama in this season....episode 1 is totally bad because the plot is so weak......then episode 2 start to gain momentum non-stop until episode 6...so many twisted moment....if you like watching The Vampire Diaries, i recomended Ringer...

or maybe i love Ringer because of Sarah Michelle Gellar....miss her since last season of Buffy
TSdundermifflin
post Nov 3 2011, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(shenanigans @ Nov 2 2011, 09:04 AM)
Have read the synopsis and I think I am going to try it. I love medical drama, with heat-warming one. biggrin.gif  Thanks for the suggestion.
A Gifted Man, haha.. i already dropped it. only lasted to ep05. its good, but i dont like formula-tic drama. every episode based one rare case (on his practice), and another one poor patient case (on the poor clinic).. but on medical perspective, i think this is really good drama. a bit refreshing, the lead actor (and the 'ghost') is excellent. but mythical thing with shaman and etc, are boring stuff..

i watched similar series few months ago (or last year or so).. Off The Map. i think its really good stuff /better. but got poor rating and terminated. a story about bunch doctors working in remote area, somewhere in South America.. love to see good doctors working with low tech stuff.. i watched until the season end, but disappointing with no renewal.

Pan Am

watched the first two episodes. very nice. numbers of beautiful blondes. thats the early attraction.

this drama draws comparison to Mad Men, due to their time background (1960s). except that, nothing much similar. i love Mad Men, and Pan Am have a potential to be as good as Mad Men. but i dont think i will like it as much.

Mad Men are more darker, gloomy and men -centric story. the scripts, dialogue, historical background are very strong.

Pan Am are more lighter, cheerful, and women -centric story. they made an effort on props and CGI. i like the CIA sidestory, though i think that will not the essence of the show.

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Nov 3 2011, 12:15 PM
shenanigans
post Nov 3 2011, 03:21 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(dundermifflin @ Nov 3 2011, 07:33 AM)
A Gifted Man, haha.. i already dropped it. only lasted to ep05. its good, but i dont like formula-tic drama. every episode based one rare case (on his practice), and another one poor patient case (on the poor clinic).. but on medical perspective, i think this is really good drama. a bit refreshing, the lead actor (and the 'ghost') is excellent. but mythical thing with shaman and etc, are boring stuff..

i watched similar series few months ago (or last year or so).. Off The Map. i think its really good stuff /better. but got poor rating and terminated. a story about bunch doctors working in remote area, somewhere in South America.. love to see good doctors working with low tech stuff.. i watched until the season end, but disappointing with no renewal.
dropped oredi? lol... this is what I worry about US TV Show...poor rating --> cancelled. with abrupt ending, cliffhanger..just like Kyle XY, FlashForward..at least try to end the series with no fukken cliffhanger! vmad.gif

Anyway, I'm going to try Suits as well..you guys said it's like House. Made me curious. The only law stuff that remarkably gave me an impression is a game...Phoenix Wright..ahha lulz. I hope this will make me want to like law.
xy2610
post Nov 3 2011, 10:05 PM

Bachelor of Lostology (Hons)
1,566 posts

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 2 2011, 02:03 PM)
Ringer is the best new suspense drama in this season....episode 1 is totally bad because the plot is so weak......then episode 2 start to gain momentum non-stop until episode 6...so many twisted moment....if you like watching The Vampire Diaries, i recomended Ringer...
or maybe i love Ringer because of Sarah Michelle Gellar....miss her since last season of Buffy
It does get better along the line but some sub-plots seems a bit draggy.

I currently started to watch 'Downton Abbey', which is about to finish its 2nd season and 3rd Season coming next year in UK.
It is very good. The production value is top-notched for a British Drama.
And the drama, whao, is gripping.
Anyway, I don't think it will get much attention here in this forum though.
TSdundermifflin
post Nov 4 2011, 07:43 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(shenanigans @ Nov 3 2011, 03:21 PM)
Anyway, I'm going to try Suits as well..you guys said it's like House. Made me curious. The only law stuff that remarkably gave me an impression is a game...Phoenix Wright..ahha lulz. I hope this will make me want to like law.
Suits, not really like to like with House. probably, the comparison came with both series have a lot of remarkable sarcastic /cynical dialogues.

and think of Dr House lawyer version with more handsomer looks, tough MILF-look woman boss, and talented protege.

i like Suits, i like House (but watched until 3rd season only).. House more funny, but comparing the first season, i like Suits better.

anyone watching Prime Suspect (US)? i missed it the premiere last night (ch 702).. anyone can give quick review? will catch up later.. try to watch tv series, on tv..

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 2 2011, 12:03 PM)
about Ringer.. its good, but for thriller-suspense-drama currently airing, i prefer Revenge. both have interesting story -line, led by a beautiful woman, full of twist..

im on ep06 (Ringer)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Nov 4 2011, 07:54 AM
jolipoli81
post Nov 4 2011, 01:03 PM

Danny
1,227 posts

you guys gotta watch Top Secret Recipe
basically it is about cracking the recipe of famous foods such as KFC and so on

I find that host funny as hell and desperate in the same time

defaultname365
post Nov 4 2011, 03:47 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

Terra Nova, pilot episode

I was shocked. Not in a good way. It was on the verge of being 'bad'. Everything, the script, the acting, the visuals, to even the so-called 'fully realized alternate world'. I don't understand how this was so highly anticipated. Refuse to watch further episodes. It should have been "Jurassic Park: The Television Series". There should be a level of believability. I didn't believe it (watched on Fox Channel btw). They should have done it way, way differently. Maybe I was expecting a lot from a TV show, can't help it when the premise was promising. If you're going to infuse dinosaurs into your show, I expect a level of realism with the ongoing drama.

TSdundermifflin
post Nov 8 2011, 07:59 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

need some review on Hell on Wheels (AMC)..

1860s stuff, US Civil War etc..
digitalcoconut
post Nov 17 2011, 04:54 PM

15 posts

Once Upon A Time 1 set of characters, living in 2 worlds (modern and fairy tales world). the modern world characters didnt know they're fairy tales characters (like Snow White, Prince Charming etc) and trap in 1 small town called Maine and time is standing still. only 1 boy realize the truth and need to bring back his biological mother to save the fairy tales world..

honestly, i did not expecting much at first. but it turned to be really entertaining.. 1 for family view.. very nice..
culain99
post Nov 18 2011, 04:27 PM

Casual
387 posts

after 4 episodes of Once upon a time, I'm dropping it.
xy2610
post Nov 18 2011, 05:11 PM

Bachelor of Lostology (Hons)
1,566 posts

QUOTE(culain99 @ Nov 18 2011, 06:27 PM)
after 4 episodes of Once upon a time, I'm dropping it.
The first 3 episodes are solid but the 4th is a let down, I must say.
Not to the extent of dropping it for me though.
TSdundermifflin
post Nov 20 2011, 07:53 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(xy2610 @ Nov 18 2011, 05:11 PM)
The first 3 episodes are solid but the 4th is a let down, I must say.
Not to the extent of dropping it for me though.
Once Upon A Time

this. the first 3 are very OK. the 4th are bit let down. but overall im still interested.

and this series i can share with my family..
digitalcoconut
post Nov 24 2011, 08:27 AM

15 posts

Once Upon A Time vs Grimm

these 2 draw a comparison because they start airing in same weeks, basically a same theme. basically both bring the mythical characters into our world.

Grimm are more bloodier, darker.. but very formula -tic. new one creature appear per episode, this small town really full of weird creature.. True Blood with poor /small packaging and lack of hot girls..

Once Upon A Time more feel -good drama, one for the family viewing.. going back on forth to past and future make the series bit interesting..

both a below my expectation, i think i gonna drop Grimm, but give Once Upon A Time more chance..
mafilee
post Nov 25 2011, 09:25 AM

47 posts

I just watching Suits..for pilot episode it's quiet difficult for me to digest the character..but moving on to the next episode all the character getting more clearer and Mike Ross remind me of Shawn spencer on Psych series very high on observation skills but the difference between them Mike a natural gifted genius but shawn skills because of thorough practice from his dad..

Harvey character remind me of my own boss that always asking me think bigger..think out of box..figure out by yourself..but the issued is Mike is genius and I'm ordinary people that need to work really hard to solve the problem..

I really like this series (exclude relationship between Mike and trevor ex-GF so cliche..y must hit to your buddy gf..duh..huh.gif )
other than that..i love chemistry between characters and a very light storyline and i enjoyed watching it.. thumbup.gif

78 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0374sec    1.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 03:06 AM