Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

338 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Station Malaysia, How do I tune to digital TV station?

views

bsl555
post Dec 19 2011, 05:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(bahathir @ Dec 19 2011, 05:34 PM)
And.... they can sell external DVB-T set top box (STB) seperately... eventhough the TV hhas the DVB-T capability. smile.gif Extra $$$ man.. smile.gif
If that happens, I'd consider that deceit and a scam, but thats Malaysia for all.. too much of devious and deceitful minds at work for blatant profit. BAD!
bahathir
post Dec 20 2011, 05:22 PM

Regular

These days, they do anything for extra $$$. Let's equiped ourselves with knowledge and experience.
Qash-M
post Dec 27 2011, 10:14 PM

#FreePalestine

Was wondering if Digital TV signal is available somewhere outside Selangor & KL? hmm.gif
cycloneopp
post Dec 29 2011, 10:21 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Dec 27 2011, 10:14 PM)
Was wondering if Digital TV signal is available somewhere outside Selangor & KL? hmm.gif
Not that I am aware of. Currently RTM is testing it's DVB-T broadcast via KL tower's transmition. I can pick up the signal from my house in Cheras, but unfotunately the signal wasn't really strong, my reception quality is kind of poor.

Anyway I run a channel scan an hour ago, found out that they are testing HD channel named 'RTM HD'

The 'RTM HD' does not seem to simulcast with RTM1 nor RTM2 but rather playing some local music videos.

user posted image

user posted image
Qash-M
post Dec 29 2011, 11:07 PM

#FreePalestine

QUOTE(cycloneopp @ Dec 29 2011, 10:21 PM)
Not that I am aware of.  Currently RTM is testing it's DVB-T broadcast via KL tower's transmition.  I can pick up the signal from my house in Cheras, but unfotunately the signal wasn't really strong, my reception quality is kind of poor.

Anyway I run a channel scan an hour ago, found out that they are testing HD channel named 'RTM HD'

The 'RTM HD' does not seem to simulcast with RTM1 nor RTM2 but rather playing some local music videos. 

user posted image

user posted image
Need some sample... brows.gif

This post has been edited by Qash-M: Jan 13 2012, 01:14 AM
azamyn
post Jan 25 2012, 04:03 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(neb @ Jun 17 2011, 12:37 AM)
you can only receive digital TV in KL area (RTM test broadcast), or Johor (singapore TV)

you will need a DVB-T tuner and normal UHF antenna
can anyone confirm whether everywhere in KL can get the signal? anyone had experience in sg besi? how can we confirm this since tuner will cost a few hundreds rm. i'm trying to free myself from astro and no luck with normal analog signal
smanszy
post Jan 30 2012, 01:03 PM

Currently RTM are testing their SD channel using DVBT and coming with DVBT-2 with MPEG4 and interactive using HBBTV.
There are 6 SD channels and 1 HD channel.

U can receive the SD signal from KL Tower. 7 TV channels and 7 radio channels. Use uhf antenna.

For HD, maybe will adopt 720 like UK / Europe.

The currently SD TV test line up:

1-Music Active
2-Pelangi
3-Panggung
4-Sinergi HD
5-TV1
6-TV2
7-TVi

The also test datacasting like Berita Aktif, FOREX, Stocks, Cuaca, and calender activities.

For the radios transmission u can also receive the informative slideshow like Taiwan and New Zealand.

If u are using dvbt tuner now when malaysia broadcaster launch the digital broadcasting using dvbt2, u will not be able receive the digital signal like now.

U can also watch via streaming www.rtm.gov.my/maktif and www.rtm.gov.my/mobile

This post has been edited by smanszy: Jan 30 2012, 01:45 PM
RAMChYLD
post Jan 30 2012, 09:08 PM

Regular

Ok, bought a LG 32LW4500 from Harvey Norman a few days ago mainly for gaming, but since this model has built in DVB-T receiver, I decided to plug antenna in to see what I can get.

It can pick up two extra channels that the AverTV STB cannot receive- EPG and Games. But it labels both channels as invalid service.
user posted image

It did not detect any HD signal, SinErgi is received as SD signal.
user posted image

Problem is, this model DVB-T is only DVB-T1. So if RTM HD is in DVB-T2, I cannot get sad.gif

Btw, how to get Windows to detect Digital Signal? Last I tried it stubbornly refuse to let me tune digital if I select Malaysia.

QUOTE(azamyn @ Jan 25 2012, 04:03 PM)
can anyone confirm whether everywhere in KL can get the signal? anyone had experience in sg besi? how can we confirm this since tuner will cost a few hundreds rm. i'm trying to free myself from astro and no luck with normal analog signal
I'm in Klang and can receive using Indoor antenna with booster. So I assume Sungei Besi can receive also.

I hope they follow UK and keep DVB-T1 for normal signal and use DVB-T2 only for HD. Since I just bought this TV, if they change only two months down the road, hancurlah. LG didn't say this model has DVB-T2 tuner. Otoh, LG didn't say this model support NTSC signal either, but it does.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jan 30 2012, 10:16 PM
smanszy
post Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM

There is no issue DVBT 1 or 2 because its about their signal compression at their station. But the problem is about mpeg2 and mpeg 4 on your tuner. Now they using mpeg2 and will turn to mpeg4. For HD Sinergi channel they set up tv platform and test transmitt via sd before they plug in the real hd encoder then they will transmit direct hd 720p. i want to see olympic london and hope they will test and take direct hd to sinergi channel like olyimpic china. all we need is get the hd decoder/tuner mpeg4.
RAMChYLD
post Feb 2 2012, 12:41 PM

Regular

QUOTE(smanszy @ Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM)
There is no issue DVBT 1 or 2 because its about their signal compression at their station. But the problem is about mpeg2 and mpeg 4 on your tuner. Now they using mpeg2 and will turn to mpeg4. For HD Sinergi channel they set up tv platform and test transmitt via sd before they plug in the real hd encoder then they will transmit direct hd 720p. i want to see olympic london and hope they will test and take direct hd to sinergi channel like olyimpic china. all we need is get the hd decoder/tuner mpeg4.
DVB-T2 supports few new modulation algorithms not supported by DVB-T1 at all. And they ensure no backwards compatibility by using different continual pilot value and completely different error correction method.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T2#System...nces_with_DVB-T

My TV supports MPEG4 stream over DVB-T1. It is possible to transmit MPEG4 via DVB-T1 since many European countries are doing that.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Feb 3 2012, 11:14 AM
maeng129
post Feb 28 2012, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

quick question what device have DVB-T2 ? in usb form?
kaspersky-fan
post Feb 28 2012, 02:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(smanszy @ Feb 2 2012, 11:26 AM)
if you get a usb tuner, its all good, mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 is possible as the decoder part is software based handled by pc, not hadware... so if ure pc has a h264 decoder, the player can play it, u can decode it... tested before on my good old hauppauge tuner, worked fine... was able to save the h264 streams.
RAMChYLD
post Feb 28 2012, 10:02 AM

Regular

http://www.avforums.com/forums/12051745-post2.html

This thread pretty much confirms my suspicions.

DVB-T tuners are not forward compatible with T2.

Thing is, up until now, RTM has been doing HD in T1 (something Singapore, Australia and New Zealand is doing). But now, they planning to go completely T2 and shut off T1.
Qash-M
post Feb 28 2012, 06:00 PM

#FreePalestine

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Feb 28 2012, 10:02 AM)
http://www.avforums.com/forums/12051745-post2.html

This thread pretty much confirms my suspicions.

DVB-T tuners are not forward compatible with T2.

Thing is, up until now, RTM has been doing HD in T1 (something Singapore, Australia and New Zealand is doing). But now, they planning to go completely T2 and shut off T1.
Is it already confirmed? hmm.gif
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 09:30 AM

Regular

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Feb 28 2012, 06:00 PM)
Is it already confirmed? hmm.gif
Idk, but smanszy said that it would happen, right? sweat.gif

QUOTE(smanszy @ Jan 30 2012, 01:03 PM)
If u are using dvbt tuner now when malaysia broadcaster launch the digital broadcasting using dvbt2, u will not be able receive the digital signal like now.
I'm trying to point out what kaspersky-fan said in a later post is wrong- T1 tuners can never receive T2 signals because it's more than codec changed- the transmission layer has also changed. T1 tuners do not recognize LDPC+BCH FEC (they only recognize Convolutional Coding + Solomon-Reed), and should have problem detecting the signal because the continual pilot (I presume is a pilot tone used by the tuner for locking) also changed.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 09:44 AM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 11:57 AM

Regular

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 09:30 AM)
Idk, but smanszy said that it would happen, right?  sweat.gif
I'm trying to point out what kaspersky-fan said in a later post is wrong- T1 tuners can never receive T2 signals because it's more than codec changed- the transmission layer has also changed. T1 tuners do not recognize LDPC+BCH FEC (they only recognize Convolutional Coding + Solomon-Reed), and should have problem detecting the signal because the continual pilot (I presume is a pilot tone used by the tuner for locking) also changed.
Lol I guess my post was not clear to the point. The intention was to point out on the varying video compression codec on a consistent technology platform, whereby the usb tuner maybe of a specific technology like T1, but if broadcasters one day decided to switch from mpeg-2 to h264 or to wmv, it will still be viewable provided they are using the T1 technology and your pc player has the codecs installed.

btw, is RTM HD still up? my mini antenna couldnt pick up any HD channels... =x

This post has been edited by kaspersky-fan: Mar 1 2012, 11:59 AM
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM

Regular

Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think RTM HD went down for a while oredi. My TV has never detected said channel since day 1.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM

Regular

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Mar 1 2012, 12:10 PM)
Ah, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think RTM HD went down for a while oredi. My TV has never detected said channel since day 1.
no worries bro.

damn... cannot study the HD attributes =/ ... lets hope olympics 2012, they'll be doing trials again
kaspersky-fan
post Mar 1 2012, 12:39 PM

Regular

Scanning with my pctv dvb-t2 tuner

so far only saw these channels..

Attached Image
RAMChYLD
post Mar 1 2012, 01:47 PM

Regular

QUOTE(kaspersky-fan @ Mar 1 2012, 12:39 PM)
Scanning with my pctv dvb-t2 tuner

so far only saw these channels..

Attached Image
Hmmm, no T2 test signal yet? The PCTV fell back to T1 BC mode and pick up T1 channels... hmm.gif

Or signal power too low that outside their super-secret test area cannot get? hmm.gif

Maybe by the time 2012 Olympics start, Digital already launch and we can see for ourselves if the predictions thrown around true or not biggrin.gif

Let's hope they launch before June! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Mar 1 2012, 01:57 PM

338 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0770sec    1.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 07:32 AM