Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
133 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Official Tennis Thread V11, All about tennis. (gears, courts, etc)

views

TSinv
post Jun 8 2011, 07:13 AM, updated 13y ago

LINsanity
1,218 posts

Welcome to LYN Tennis Thread v11

This thread is intended first and foremost for people to share and discuss about our favourite game - "TENNIS" and secondly to make new friends and to have fun on the court. Feel free to ask some of our resident sifus here on tennis equipments (racquets, strings, customizations), tennis techniques, great deals and places to play. Would love to have more active members posting their experiences and sharing their thoughts. Mostly let's keep this thread clean and try to STICK to tennis related talks though sometimes we can always have some fun jousting and poking at each other smile.gif

Latest announcement :

LYN CTO VI Contingent

Singles
- tiangkim
- angel-ice
- ckseong80
- vobs
- k3vin82
- tkn

Doubles
- inv/kimijo_ray
- zdepth/Jansen

JOIN the latest and premier club in malaysia, the Wilson Pro Staff 85 club! to apply, all you need to do is get yourself a stick and report to our club captain, Praetorian

JOIN the latest and premier tennis forum in malaysia setup by our own bro Zdepth @ http://www.tennis.my
Indoor Tennis Court

The Club, Bdr Utama
03-77255199
Playing Partners/Grps - (by lowyat username)

Petaling Jaya / TTDI / Tropicana
- Yan
- Crimson Viper
- urb7

Sunway / Subang
- inv
- fidel_castro

Sg Petani
- k2anthrax

Penang / Seberang Prai / Butterworth
- Angel-ice
- Lelucky
- keroroman
- karom

Ipoh
- SticH
- Dark_Angel85

Melaka
-Grinner icon_question.gif

Johor
-Gmorque

Singapore
- k3vin82

Sandakan
- Dark_Angel85

List of Tennis Shops
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The Club @ B.U Membership guidelines
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

p/s: Please let me know if there are other info pertaining to tennis that you would like to be highlighted in the FP for the benefit of others..
Previous older threads can be located here

v1 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/540810
v2 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/939439
v3 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1126743
v4 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1206690
v5 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1251113
v6 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1311722
v7 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1389694
v8 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1462559
v9 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1558275
v10 = http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1715071

This post has been edited by inv: Aug 26 2011, 05:31 PM
SUSklboy89
post Jun 8 2011, 07:52 AM

12 posts

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tiangkim
post Jun 8 2011, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

New grass season starts with new version... Good!!!
praetorian
post Jun 8 2011, 08:54 AM

Enthusiast
866 posts

wah lau new version......yhaaaa tk just in time, for grass court season hehehhe.
angel-ice
post Jun 8 2011, 09:44 AM

4 posts

fourth reporting in captain!
yaban17633
post Jun 8 2011, 11:09 AM

1 posts

5th hehe yeay..long time no see...
redheart
post Jun 8 2011, 11:11 AM

0 posts

<quote>Hey redheart, how to you book the courts in kompleks sukan negara? Indoor or outdoor? How much n hour??</quote>

usually we don't book the court as i see that it is not a famous game like badminton which have to book earlier or else it will fully booked... this kompleks sukan have two outdoor court... (i'm also trying to look an indoor court nearby but not yet find... duta court is quite far from my place...) ... most of the time the court is empty so we don't really book the court... we just simply come and straight away go to counter and pay...the counter open until 9.30 pm or 10 pm i think... it costs RM15 per hour at night... at evening is more cheaper but i'm not sure the costs as we usually play at night...

yesterday also i played tennis with my friends... we play double... but i was really disappointed coz along the game, only once i get success in my serve... the rest all failured... what a beginner!!! lol...
praetorian
post Jun 8 2011, 11:15 AM

Enthusiast
866 posts

don't be dishearten bro....every one was a beginner in their life, just be more hard working when you practice, ask for tips when you can, be open minded when people make some criticism....and most important, have fun on the court!
redheart
post Jun 8 2011, 11:40 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(praetorian @ Jun 8 2011, 11:15 AM)
don't be dishearten bro....every one was a beginner in their life, just be more hard working when you practice, ask for tips when you can, be open minded when people make some criticism....and most important, have fun on the court!
thanks bro for ur advice... i really appreciate it... hope to learn more smile.gif
TSinv
post Jun 8 2011, 12:16 PM

LINsanity
1,218 posts

QUOTE(redheart @ Jun 8 2011, 11:11 AM)
<quote>Hey redheart, how to you book the courts in kompleks sukan negara? Indoor or outdoor? How much n hour??</quote>

usually we don't book the court as i see that it is not a famous game like badminton which have to book earlier or else it will fully booked... this kompleks sukan have two outdoor court... (i'm also trying to look an indoor court nearby but not yet find... duta court is quite far from my place...) ... most of the time the court is empty so we don't really book the court... we just simply come and straight away go to counter and pay...the counter open until 9.30 pm or 10 pm i think... it costs RM15 per hour at night... at evening is more cheaper but i'm not sure the costs as we usually play at night...

yesterday also i played tennis with my friends... we play double... but i was really disappointed coz along the game, only once i get success in my serve... the rest all failured... what a beginner!!! lol...
Wow, cool! Can i join you guys one of these days?

As for serves during game, just put the ball into play in whatever way possible to get the game going, even if it ends up being blasted in the return of serve. Let the opponent get the chance to have unforced errors too!

Develop your serves in practice. It helps to get a coach to identify and rectify your error as well.. but before you go train on your 210kmh+ first serve, train for a reliable second serve first so you always have a good serve to fall back on.

ckseong80
post Jun 8 2011, 01:28 PM

Casual
356 posts

1ST!!!!!!
post by me.
; )
shannon.kan
post Jun 8 2011, 02:51 PM

4 posts

Angle ice, i need to know the price too. Anyone can help me buy strings from TW if anyone buy something from there? Please?
redheart
post Jun 8 2011, 04:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(inv @ Jun 8 2011, 12:16 PM)
Wow, cool! Can i join you guys one of these days?

As for serves during game, just put the ball into play in whatever way possible to get the game going, even if it ends up being blasted in the return of serve. Let the opponent get the chance to have unforced errors too!

Develop your serves in practice. It helps to get a coach to identify and rectify your error as well.. but before you go train on your 210kmh+ first serve, train for a reliable second serve first so you always have a good serve to fall back on.
Of course u are most welcome to join us... we play once a week usually on Tuesday or Wednesday from 8pm to 10pm... we would be honour for ur willingness to join us...

and thanks for the tips too... it is a good idea from u and i'll bear in mind next time...
angel-ice
post Jun 8 2011, 05:02 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(shannon.kan @ Jun 8 2011, 02:51 PM)
Angle ice, i need to know the price too. Anyone can help me buy strings from TW if anyone buy something from there? Please?
380 b4 discount

thats what peter told me

ask for 350 liao
ekeke
redheart
post Jun 8 2011, 05:44 PM

0 posts

My Observation

Last two days I went to Bukit Raja, to Royal Sporting House (RSH)… my purpose is to window shopping on tennis racquet… from Babolat site, I can see that RSH is the only distributor in Malaysia… I just wanna share what I see there…

Babolat AeroPro Drive GT (Rafael Nadal's racquet of choice)… Price RM799… buy string and get Free string installation… installation takes one day…
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets (Li Na’s racquet of choice)… Price RM699… buy string and get Free installation…

I compare with TW...
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... PriceUSD189
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... PriceUSD185

One of my friend already bought two times from TW payment via paypal... the first one he bought Wilson BLX Tidal Wave Strung Demo… Price USD59.95… the second one he bought Head racquet ( I don’t notice what model)… he took Express Mail for shipping cost him USD37… but the racquet arrived in about 4 to 5 days only…

So,
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Price USD189 + USD37 = USD226
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Price USD185 + USD37 = USD222

Shipping Rate To Malaysia for TW
World Mail... $7.507... Delivery 3-6 weeks, maybe longer... No tracking available.
FedEx International Economy... $33.006... Delivery in 5 business days.
Express Mail... $37.006... Express Mail - Lane 6 - Delivery 7-10 days.
FedEx Int Priority... $43.006... Delivery 3-5 business days.

Convert to RM,
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Price RM680.60 thumbup.gif
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Price RM668.55 cry.gif

I had been told by RSH representative, they’ll have promotion start from about 15 Jun 2011 and the promotion will lasts for about 2 ½ months.

Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Discount 10%... Price become RM719.10 cry.gif
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Discount 10%... Price become RM629.10 thumbup.gif
Babolat Pure Storm GT... Discount 30% (I don’t remember the price)

thumbup.gif Both are original... Made in China... Both got pro and contra... thumbup.gif

sophisticatedren
post Jun 8 2011, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Redheart... INV has put up a section on the list of tennis shops around here.. u can get better price from these shops in my opinion... just scroll up to the 1st thread

This post has been edited by sophisticatedren: Jun 8 2011, 05:56 PM
tiangkim
post Jun 8 2011, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Redheart bro,

Nobody here will buy racket at RSH even sales...they r selling at Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and give u some freebies.......

Anyshop above will sell racket at RRP discount 20-30% with free string ard RM30 (top up $$ for pricy string) and get the racket in bout 1hr, few forummers here also sell stuff, pooh88 is one of them....for example, i bought APGT (Nadal) for Kevin at RM570 early this yr with string....

as u r playing in Bkt Jalil, i think Samsports in Tmn U Serdang (next to JPN serdang) and Hock Eng Bangi will closer to u....
yanhui95
post Jun 8 2011, 06:36 PM

Already started
1,441 posts

Agreed with above. i think it would be better if you to go to topper in ampang, the boss sometimes have offer for babolat rackets, and i heard from some that he offers demo for a price. Second would be hock eng in bangi but it's kinda far if you're staying in KL.

Btw congrats on v11 smile.gif
praetorian
post Jun 8 2011, 06:41 PM

Enthusiast
866 posts

QUOTE(redheart @ Jun 8 2011, 05:44 PM)
My Observation

Last two days I went to Bukit Raja, to Royal Sporting House (RSH)… my purpose is to window shopping on tennis racquet…  from Babolat site, I can see that RSH is the only distributor in Malaysia… I just wanna share what I see there…

Babolat AeroPro Drive GT (Rafael Nadal's racquet of choice)… Price RM799… buy string and get Free string installation… installation takes one day…
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets (Li Na’s racquet of choice)… Price RM699… buy string and get Free installation…

I compare with TW...
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... PriceUSD189
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... PriceUSD185

One of my friend already bought two times from TW payment via paypal... the first one he bought Wilson BLX Tidal Wave Strung Demo… Price USD59.95… the second one he bought Head racquet ( I don’t notice what model)… he took Express Mail for shipping cost him USD37… but the racquet arrived in about 4 to 5 days only…

So,
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Price USD189 + USD37 = USD226
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Price USD185 + USD37 = USD222

Shipping Rate To Malaysia for TW
World Mail... $7.507... Delivery 3-6 weeks, maybe longer... No tracking available.
FedEx International Economy... $33.006... Delivery in 5 business days.
Express Mail... $37.006... Express Mail - Lane 6 - Delivery 7-10 days.
FedEx Int Priority... $43.006... Delivery 3-5 business days.

Convert to RM,
Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Price RM680.60  thumbup.gif
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Price RM668.55  cry.gif

I had been told by RSH representative, they’ll have promotion start from about 15 Jun 2011 and the promotion will lasts for about 2 ½ months.

Babolat AeroPro Drive GT... Discount 10%... Price become RM719.10  cry.gif
Babolat Pure Drive GT Racquets... Discount 10%... Price become RM629.10  thumbup.gif
Babolat Pure Storm GT... Discount 30% (I don’t remember the price)

thumbup.gif Both are original... Made in China... Both got pro and contra... thumbup.gif
Bro before you make a decision , please make sure you can DEMO a racket, if you can join a hitting session with our regulars here, they are certain to oblige you a few mins of demoing provided you don't go for low shots and scratch their rackets by accident....if you want to purchase a tennis racket , do what TK said look at the list of shops and call them up and ask for their best price, if you're in the shop itself, it wouldn't hurt to ask the shop owner.

tiangkim
post Jun 8 2011, 06:59 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

RJ Kipas, oppssss........ how come u didnt help ur bestiest brother pooh to promote his merchandise??!!hehehehe

133 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0361sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:11 PM