LYN Tennis lovers, Tennis Racquets & Courts in Klg Valley

views

TSpooh88
post Oct 23 2007, 09:49 AM, updated 16y ago

Malaysia Tennis Enthusiast
2,288 posts

Since the lowyat forum earlier already close. laugh.gif
I will start a new 1 here.
Pls share with us about the latest racquets & courts available in Klg Valley.
Your informations will be very usefull to LYN members here icon_rolleyes.gif
Bepeon
post Oct 23 2007, 09:50 AM

Tennis Lover
3,768 posts

Nice one =) Lolz, degrade from clubs to lovers... =)
a07
post Oct 23 2007, 10:33 AM

10 posts

Lately most of branded tennis racquet are made in china...how about the quality..any commend....Bandar Baru Bangi Seksyen 15 got one good Tennis Shop selling many top brand of Tennis Stuff with reasonable price...people from outside Bangi go there no need to go to KL...Bangi got many tennis court around because of many training center there..rate per hours is Rm8.00
sinclairZX81
post Oct 23 2007, 10:36 AM

Change for the better
2,013 posts

Perhaps members can also inform places for re-stringing raquets - reasonable prices, good selection of strings and fast service!
artemis348
post Oct 23 2007, 10:46 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

I go to Ultimate Sports in Plaza Ampang. They've been in business for over 20 years, and have been in tennis for even longer, so do check them out. They have a shop in Tesco in Klang as well, so I overheard.

Bepeon
post Oct 23 2007, 10:48 AM

Tennis Lover
3,768 posts

QUOTE(artemis348 @ Oct 23 2007, 10:46 AM)
I go to Ultimate Sports in Plaza Ampang. They've been in business for over 20 years, and have been in tennis for even longer, so do check them out. They have a shop in Tesco in Klang as well, so I overheard.
Actually they wanted to open a shop in Avenue K, but as you know Avenue K is a big failure although it located just next to KLCC.
artemis348
post Oct 23 2007, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

I didn't know they wanted to open a shop there, but it's just as well they didn't. I don't mind taking a train down one station from KLCC. But I'll say the dingy dodgy Plaza Ampang has more character.

underworld
post Oct 23 2007, 11:02 AM

Th3 D3vIL
1,182 posts

QUOTE(artemis348 @ Oct 23 2007, 10:46 AM)
in klang tesco ? i will check it out ..they sell tennis equipments onli ?
Bepeon
post Oct 23 2007, 11:02 AM

Tennis Lover
3,768 posts

But Plaza Ampang is not that crowd compared to some other malls... but of course their advantage is that the rental cost is very very low... =)

You may see me there soon, because i will be working there for a while... =)
TSpooh88
post Oct 23 2007, 11:05 AM

2,288 posts

I live in Klg,how come i don know about ultimate shop in Klg!! hmm.gif
artemis348
post Oct 23 2007, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(Bepeon @ Oct 23 2007, 11:02 AM)
You may see me there soon, because i will be working there for a while... =)
Really? Cool. Let me know when you start, and I'll pop by there sometime to busybody tongue.gif

Added on October 23, 2007, 11:14 amWell, they've got 2 shops in Plaza Ampang/Center Point place. The Plaza Ampang one is the tennis shop, and the other has other stuff.

I don't know if the one in Klang is tennis only or not. Last Friday, da boss was telling a customer about his shop in Tesco Klang and that he can get his racquet restringed there and no need to travel to the KL shop. So I deduce that the shop does tennis equipment. And I heard him saying something about a McDick's (McDonalds), something like opposite or near it. Go check it out, guys.

This post has been edited by artemis348: Oct 23 2007, 11:14 AM
underworld
post Oct 23 2007, 11:17 AM

Th3 D3vIL
1,182 posts

QUOTE(artemis348 @ Oct 23 2007, 11:11 AM)
Really? Cool. Let me know when you start, and I'll pop by there sometime to busybody  tongue.gif

Added on October 23, 2007, 11:14 amWell, they've got 2 shops in Plaza Ampang/Center Point place. The Plaza Ampang one is the tennis shop, and the other has other stuff.

I don't know if the one in Klang is tennis only or not. Last Friday, da boss was telling a customer about his shop in Tesco Klang and that he can get his racquet restringed there and no need to travel to the KL shop. So I deduce that the shop does tennis equipment. And I heard him saying something about a McDick's (McDonalds), something like opposite or near it. Go check it out, guys.
oic ..mmm but TESCO klang got no MC'D's leh onli KFC ..anyhow mayb i go check it out during lunch time......my ashaway crossfire looks like gonna putus d ... any other strings to recommend ah ??
TSpooh88
post Oct 23 2007, 02:25 PM

2,288 posts

QUOTE(underworld @ Oct 23 2007, 11:17 AM)
oic ..mmm but TESCO klang got no MC'D's leh onli KFC ..anyhow mayb i go check it out during lunch time......my ashaway crossfire looks like gonna putus d ... any other strings to recommend ah  ??
U should try the Gamma with the Crose Fire Series. drool.gif
The feel is much better than Ashaway & cheaper some more. laugh.gif
I forgot the model name,i will update to u later icon_rolleyes.gif

Bepeon
post Oct 23 2007, 02:49 PM

Tennis Lover
3,768 posts

Hey, a question for everyone... Anyone here still using 90 square inches headsize racquet?
artemis348
post Oct 23 2007, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(Bepeon @ Oct 23 2007, 02:49 PM)
Hey, a question for everyone... Anyone here still using 90 square inches headsize racquet?
I am! thumbup.gif

In fact, I was trying out the new strings on my K-Surge last Saturday... Turns out, I can't use that racquet properly anymore... Control quite bad. But when I switched to the K6-1, then everything was great. I guess the K-Surge not suitable for my swing anymore...

Bepeon
post Oct 23 2007, 03:02 PM

Tennis Lover
3,768 posts

According to some research, more people are changing from mid size racquet head to a large racquet like midplus or oversize... even this happens in the pro tour where players like Sharapova prefers the headsize to be over 100 square inches.

In fact Federer is the only player using 90 square inches head size racquet...

Small racquet head provides us with more control but less power... And its a better racquet for volleys too.
TSpooh88
post Oct 23 2007, 03:02 PM

2,288 posts

QUOTE(artemis348 @ Oct 23 2007, 02:59 PM)
I am!  thumbup.gif

In fact, I was trying out the new strings on my K-Surge last Saturday... Turns out, I can't use that racquet properly anymore... Control quite bad. But when I switched to the K6-1, then everything was great. I guess the K-Surge not suitable for my swing anymore...
Bro,

Serious u can use so small size 90 inch,damn is difficult to hit the sweetspot notworthy.gif
I guess u mus be a pro player or advance player icon_rolleyes.gif
artemis348
post Oct 23 2007, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(Bepeon @ Oct 23 2007, 03:02 PM)
Small racquet head provides us with more control but less power... And its a better racquet for volleys too.
Hmmm... I didn't know the pro's were moving up in racquet head size. But some of the racquet sizes look big on tv even for the men. But for the women, I thought some of them are just small sized. But I noticed Golovin was using the [K]Factor K4. That's a big head. When I was checking out the nCode nTour Two, it didn't seem big to me, so I figured Justine Henin must be really really small...

Yeah, the smaller head provides better control for sure, but I have yet to confirm the effect on volleying. The few volleys that I've done, it does feel good. I string it with a lower tension, which I believe helps quite a bit with power and spin.

Added on October 23, 2007, 3:32 pm
QUOTE(pooh88 @ Oct 23 2007, 03:02 PM)
Bro,

Serious u can use so small size 90 inch,damn is difficult to hit the sweetspot notworthy.gif
I guess u mus be a pro player or advance player  icon_rolleyes.gif
Haha! No lah, I'm pass-able only lah brows.gif ... But as it turns out, I could use the size 90 head without problems. I was actually doubtful when I got the K6-1 coz all over the net people saying hard to use. But I was very surprised that I didn't have any trouble with it. Guess I was lucky I didn't waste my money tongue.gif But can confirm, that when you make a mistake, the ball is going into orbit or wherever else...

This post has been edited by artemis348: Oct 23 2007, 03:32 PM
lelucky
post Oct 23 2007, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Is sanjay is the owner or Manager for Ultimate sports in Ampang? Well I believe they open one branch at tesco Penang too. Been there just now for wilson Trainer balls. Less racquet but can order form Ampang for Ampang price.
~Battousai~
post Oct 23 2007, 11:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,477 posts

how much were the trainer balls retailing at ?

replying to the previous thread someone mentioned different clay feeling, i think it's psychological only la..it's the same bounce everything including the slides in malaysia and the courts in sri lanka or heck even indonesia la

129 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0382sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:33 PM