31 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hong Leong Bank - WORST service, VERY BAD experience @ Hong Leong Bank CC

views

TSken_ng
post May 5 2011, 10:00 PM, updated 12y ago

Look at all my stars!!
3,928 posts

Below is my VERY VERY VERY BAD experience towards Hong Leong Bank CC application processes.

I applied leave on 7th of March purposely in order to go to Hong Leong Bank to apply for credit card - Essential CC. A young guy served me on that day. During the process of filling up the cc application form, that guy dont know how to spell some english terms such as "commerce" & "engineer" so i told him the spellings sweat.gif he checked my pay slips and i'm eligible/meet the requirement of salary 30k per annum, so i submitted related documents(photocopy of IC, pay slips) to the guy. That guy told me to call the customer service if i didn't receive any news on the application.

Then i want to apply for a CDS account and another lady gave me the aplication form. After I have filled in the form and submit to her, she told me that NO REMISIER/AGENT in that branch and i STILL HAVE TO GO TO HLE main office at jalan ipoh. so i didn't apply the CDS account at Hong Leong since it is so TROUBLESOME

After 2 weeks plus, I still haven get any news from Hong Leong then i call the customer service. Then the person in charge checked on my status and told me that my DOCUMENT IS INCOMPLETE. Then i'm wondering how come Hong Leong didn't inform me about that. Is is I HAVE TO CALL only then they will tell me why my application is pending mad.gif Then only there come a person called me and asked me to fax my IC, driving license to her. So i faxed to her. After a few days NO NEWS AGAIN vmad.gif Then i called this person to ask for the status and she promised to find out whats the problem. Then she said my fax copy is NOT CLEAR ENOUGH and asked me to fax to her again so i faxed ANOTHER TIME to her. Then NO NEWS AGAIN vmad.gif and i called her again and she asked me to send soft copy to her. So i sent to her. After a few days she smsed me told me the application is approved, do i want to proceed. Of course i told her to proceed. The whole process is sooooo troublesome!!!

Then i've decided to apply for Maybank Card 2. The person who serve me is so nice and I RECEIVED THE MAYBANK CARD 2 WIHOUT ANY HASSLE on the 1st day of the 3rd week from the day i applied. MAYBANK IS SO FAST & EFFICIENT thumbup.gif

By the end of April, i received a letter from Hong Leong saying that my application was rejected as they required additional information/docment BUT the date of this letter is 11th of April. So i'm wondering shd i follow this letter that said i'm rejected or shd i follow what she said that ask me to proceed.

Today, 5th of May (which is almost 2 months) i received the CC from Hong Leong. When i opened the envelop, i found that Hong Leong did not give me the card i applied(Essential Card), Hong Leong gave me a CLASSIC Card. WHAT IS THIS !!! AFTER TONS OF HASSLE AND THEY GAVE ME THE WONG CARD !!! mad.gif Then i called the customer service immedieatly and ask about this. Then the person in charge told me that "Essential card is same category with Gold card. While for the classic card, the annual income is ONLY 18k." -- she had some kind of meaning that i cant meet the requirement thats y i get Classic card vmad.gif Then i told her i know that Essential card requires 30k salary per annum and i meet the requirement, then she ask me to wait(she is going to ask some1 bout that). Then do u know how she answer me? she said "THE APRROVAL IS BASED ON THE MANAGEMENT DECISION ". i'm eligible to apply for the card and now she told me THIS KIND OF ANSWER !!! Then i suggest Hong Leong to include a note there stated "IT IS SUBJECT TO MANAGEMENT DECISION ALTHOUGH YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENT" vmad.gif WHAT KIND OF EXCUSE IS THIS. GIVING THE WRONG CARD THEN SIMPLY FIND AN EXCUSE TO COVER UP THE FAULT vmad.gif

Besides, if Hong Leong feels that i dont meet the requirement, why they approved my application and ask me whether want to proceed. Actualy they can reject me directly and eliminate all the hassle. vmad.gif

Hong Leong Bank = TONS of HASSLE + GOOD in MAKING EXCUSE

This post has been edited by ken_ng: May 5 2011, 10:00 PM
gerrardling
post May 5 2011, 10:24 PM

6 STARS
1,684 posts

email this to BNM. keep all ur receipt and agreement as the proof of BNM require these documents. next time be careful

This post has been edited by gerrardling: May 5 2011, 10:26 PM
mikecmy
post May 5 2011, 10:31 PM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ken_ng @ May 5 2011, 10:00 PM)
Below is my VERY VERY VERY BAD experience towards Hong Leong Bank CC application processes.

I applied leave on 7th of March purposely in order to go to Hong Leong Bank to apply for credit card - Essential CC. A young guy served me on that day. During the process of filling up the cc application form, that guy dont know how to spell some english terms such as "commerce" & "engineer" so i told him the spellings  sweat.gif  he checked my pay slips and i'm eligible/meet the requirement of salary 30k per annum, so i submitted related documents(photocopy of IC, pay slips) to the guy. That guy told me to call the customer service if i didn't receive any news on the application.

Then i want to apply for a CDS account and another lady gave me the aplication form. After I have filled in the form and submit to her, she told me that NO REMISIER/AGENT in that branch and i STILL HAVE TO GO TO HLE main office at jalan ipoh.  so i didn't apply the CDS account at Hong Leong since it is so TROUBLESOME

After 2 weeks plus, I still haven get any news from Hong Leong then i call the customer service. Then the person in charge checked on my status and told me that my DOCUMENT IS INCOMPLETE. Then i'm wondering how come Hong Leong didn't inform me about that. Is is I HAVE TO CALL only then they will tell me why my application is pending mad.gif  Then only there come a person called me and asked me to fax my IC, driving license to her. So i faxed to her. After a few days NO NEWS AGAIN  vmad.gif  Then i called this person to ask for the status and she promised to find out whats the problem. Then she said my fax copy is NOT CLEAR ENOUGH and asked me to fax to her again so i faxed ANOTHER TIME to her. Then NO NEWS AGAIN  vmad.gif  and i called her again and she asked me to send soft copy to her. So i sent to her. After a few days she smsed me told me the application is approved, do i want to proceed. Of course i told her to proceed. The whole process is sooooo troublesome!!!

Then i've decided to apply for Maybank Card 2. The person who serve me is so nice and I RECEIVED THE MAYBANK CARD 2 WIHOUT ANY HASSLE on the 1st day of the 3rd week from the day i applied. MAYBANK IS SO FAST & EFFICIENT  thumbup.gif

By the end of April, i received a letter from Hong Leong saying that my application was rejected as they required additional information/docment  BUT the date of this letter is 11th of April. So i'm wondering shd i follow this letter that said i'm rejected or shd i follow what she said that ask me to proceed.

Today, 5th of May (which is almost 2 months) i received the CC from Hong Leong. When i opened the envelop, i found that Hong Leong did not give me the card i applied(Essential Card), Hong Leong gave me a CLASSIC Card. WHAT IS THIS !!! AFTER TONS OF HASSLE AND THEY GAVE ME THE WONG CARD !!!  mad.gif  Then i called the customer service immedieatly and ask about this. Then the person in charge told me that "Essential card is same category with Gold card. While for the classic card, the annual income is ONLY 18k." -- she had some kind of meaning that i cant meet the requirement thats y i get Classic card  vmad.gif  Then i told her i know that Essential card requires 30k salary per annum and i meet the requirement, then she ask me to wait(she is going to ask some1 bout that). Then do u know how she answer me? she said "THE APRROVAL IS BASED ON THE MANAGEMENT DECISION ".  i'm eligible to apply for the card and now she told me THIS KIND OF ANSWER !!! Then i suggest Hong Leong to include a note there stated "IT IS SUBJECT TO MANAGEMENT DECISION ALTHOUGH YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTvmad.gif  WHAT KIND OF EXCUSE IS THIS. GIVING THE WRONG CARD THEN SIMPLY FIND AN EXCUSE TO COVER UP THE FAULT  vmad.gif

Besides, if Hong Leong feels that i dont meet the requirement, why they approved my application and ask me whether want to proceed. Actualy they can reject me directly and eliminate all the hassle. vmad.gif

Hong Leong Bank = TONS of HASSLE + GOOD in MAKING EXCUSE
i don't find any problem applying HLB.
Maybe it's just because u walked in, that's why they don't care much bout your application.
Applied my card in a roadshow and the sales girl followed up every week on the card and even when it's approved she gave me a call.
What i can say maybe it's just different people different experience.
My colleague advised me not to apply at their branch as their staff won't "***" you.
But as for the sales team on roadshow, maybe wanna get sales so will follow up each and every application.
hye
post May 5 2011, 11:14 PM

White Tiger
Group Icon
3,267 posts

QUOTE(mikecmy @ May 5 2011, 10:31 PM)
Maybe it's just because u walked in, that's why they don't care much bout your application.
Applied my card in a roadshow and the sales girl followed up every week on the card and even when it's approved she gave me a call.
My colleague advised me not to apply at their branch as their staff won't "***" you.
But as for the sales team on roadshow, maybe wanna get sales so will follow up each and every application.
Different people will have different experience ... yours is good while the TS was bad.
Personally I didn't remember my own experience applying for HLB card to be bad, my plat card was approved within 6 hours of application. And I got the call around night time time but waiting for the physical card took some time. In the end, I cancelled the card coz it didn't meet my spending patterns and expectations.

@gerrardling, I don't see what would TS stand to gain from informing BNM. The bank are just going to tell you that card rejection is normal and it could backfire because TS was rude to the CS (I'm just stating what's obvious at this point, sorry TS if I got it wrong. Plus there's a possibility that the incident was on CCTV) whereas CS has no power to approve / reject cc - they just collect and pass on information.

This is a case of Bad Customer service on the part of the bank. The CS/bank could have tried to salvage the customer but obviously the CS didn't have the training to pacify of his bad experience. TS should have kept cool as attacking the CS now shifts the shame to TS - TS shouldn't have done that. (Again, I apologize if I got it wrong as that's what I understand from my reading)

One tip which I do sometimes ... if you really want that card product, write a note in the form - "If in any event, my application for xxx product is not approved then please cancel and destroy my application". Psychologically the person on the receiving end thinks that you are a veteran card user and will pay attention to your application. And I always ask the person who photocopies my documents whether the copy is clear enough - and I ask for a copy of my application + the person's card (or better still) the stamp with the person's name to be on my form.

I never had to attack anyone ... doing all this ensures the person processing my form to be extra careful in handling my application.

Even the way you fill up the form helps. A few years ago, I got scammed by a Citibank staff which applied multiple cards under my name without my consent and knowledge. I reported it and the bank manager called me personally to offer an apology and the staff affected was taken action. What I learn from this mistake is to not only tick the card I want but to also cancel the cards that I don't want. Ambiguity / opportunities for scammers disappear should you cancel the cards you don't want. (It is very clear now the card you want and only want)

Again, I sympathizes with TS for his bad experience but TS should not have attacked the CS when he receives the card.
Should have offered suggestion (nudge) the CS to do something if he/she was not happy - leaving a note to the bank could have helped. TS would have walked out of the bank head held up high for the professional response despite the bad experience. Share it with us and together as the consumers .. we would have avoided HLB cc product like plague.

Unfortunate in Malaysia, consumer unity is rather weak. So that's why this problem persists everywhere. (Not just in HLB yea icon_rolleyes.gif )
And there're are many HLB advocates ... so bank does not learn or feel the need to take care of their customers.

This post has been edited by hye: May 5 2011, 11:28 PM
alexwsk
post May 5 2011, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

i hope u haven't use the card at all
gv them a call and cancel the card, GST shud be reversed if it has been charged
mletee
post May 6 2011, 12:00 AM

jenn is cute
1,004 posts

ya..mayb juz the person that serving u..i also got same problem last time i apply for HSBC card..also said fax copy not clear..bla bla bla..
Gen-X
post May 6 2011, 12:28 AM

Lifetime LYN Member
Group Icon
Elite
8,601 posts

ken_ng, just cancel the HLB card since you already got Maybankard 2 Cards.

Email your above complain to them.

HLB not very efficient in updating their system, that I 'll agree. The last time I had a problem with them because the stupid CS deducted less points to offset my GST and I was imposed penalty and it took them two months to rectify/update.

But I must add, not all CS the same. Once I call up HLB CS late at night and the girl said to call back as can only report stolen card. I hang up the phone and call back and another CS could attend to my queries.

This post has been edited by Gen-X: May 6 2011, 12:30 AM
Human Nature
post May 6 2011, 12:40 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

Some good pointers there hye, especially the ticking part
asamalikum
post May 6 2011, 01:07 AM

Regular
1,206 posts

Agree. Hlb, one of the worst bank servicing customer.
TSken_ng
post May 6 2011, 10:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,928 posts

QUOTE(hye @ May 5 2011, 11:14 PM)
Different people will have different experience ... yours is good while the TS was bad.

@gerrardling, I don't see what would TS stand to gain from informing BNM. The bank are just going to tell you that card rejection is normal and it could backfire because TS was rude to the CS (I'm just stating what's obvious at this point, sorry TS if I got it wrong. Plus there's a possibility that the incident was on CCTV) whereas CS has no power to approve / reject cc - they just collect and pass on information.
bro hye, i did not act/talk rude to the CS at all because i know it is not her fault because she is not the 1 approved my application. So i controlled my emotion when i talked to her. But the way she talked is abit like look down at me that i din meet the salary requirement. Besides, she dont even know what is the requirement of salary for the Essential card because she asked me to hold on and asked the other ppl.

I totally agree that different people will have different experience. So what i complain is just the CS shd try to find a solution for the customer and not looking down to those who dont have $$$$ salary per annum. In addition, if Hong Leong rejects my application of Essential card, then Hong Leong shdn't simply send me a DOWNGRADED card (from essential -> classic) which i did not apply.

Besides, the Hong Leong Bank (Pandan Indah branch) which is the place i applied for CC is soooo UNPROFESSIONAL. As i said, the guy who filled in the application form for me didn't know how to spell some simple words. And the environment in the bank is just like a MARKET (PASAR), those staff communicate in cantonese LOUDLY like they are in their own house. WHAT A BANK!!! doh.gif

Added on May 6, 2011, 10:16 am
ya, i agree that roadshow is much better because as we can see that majority of them are so desperate to persuade us to apply for the cc thumbup.gif

Added on May 6, 2011, 10:22 am
QUOTE(Gen-X @ May 6 2011, 12:28 AM)
But I must add, not all CS the same. Once I call up HLB CS late at night and the girl said to call back as can only report stolen card. I hang up the phone and call back and another CS could attend to my queries.
yup, i agree that we cannot judge the whole CS by an individual...Of course i believe there are who treat us nicely...somemore may b the sound is so sweet brows.gif brows.gif hahaha...

Last time i called HSBC cc CS before. The 1st thing the CS did when she pick up my phone is she intro herself, telling me her name. Then only ask how can she helps me. She's very polite, sound is sweet and i can listen to her clearly. Then i tell her my problem and she said she'll call me back. Few minutes later, i received her call. SO EFFICIENT & EFFECTIVE!!! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by ken_ng: May 6 2011, 10:22 AM
mikecmy
post May 6 2011, 11:19 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ken_ng @ May 6 2011, 10:14 AM)
bro hye, i did not act/talk rude to the CS at all because i know it is not her fault because she is not the 1 approved my application. So i controlled my emotion when i talked to her. But the way she talked is abit like look down at me that i din meet the salary requirement. Besides, she dont even know what is the requirement of salary for the Essential card because she asked me to hold on and asked the other ppl.

I totally agree that different people will have different experience. So what i complain is just the CS shd try to find a solution for the customer and not looking down to those who dont have $$$$ salary per annum. In addition, if Hong Leong rejects my application of Essential card, then Hong Leong shdn't simply send me a DOWNGRADED card (from essential -> classic) which i did not apply.

Besides, the Hong Leong Bank (Pandan Indah branch) which is the place i applied for CC is soooo UNPROFESSIONAL. As i said, the guy who filled in the application form for me didn't know how to spell some simple words. And the environment in the bank is just like a MARKET (PASAR), those staff communicate in cantonese LOUDLY like they are in their own house. WHAT A BANK!!!  doh.gif

Added on May 6, 2011, 10:16 am

ya, i agree that roadshow is much better because as we can see that majority of them are so desperate to persuade us to apply for the cc  thumbup.gif

Added on May 6, 2011, 10:22 am

yup, i agree that we cannot judge the whole CS by an individual...Of course i believe there are who treat us nicely...somemore may b the sound is so sweet  brows.gif  brows.gif  hahaha...

Last time i called HSBC cc CS before. The 1st thing the CS did when she pick up my phone is she intro herself, telling me her name. Then only ask how can she helps me. She's very polite, sound is sweet and i can listen to her clearly. Then i tell her my problem and she said she'll call me back. Few minutes later, i received her call. SO EFFICIENT & EFFECTIVE!!!  thumbup.gif
She introduced you her name but you never ask for contact ? brows.gif
The one who submitted my application is sweet too drool.gif
That is why if my friend is going to apply for card, i'll direct them to her brows.gif
TSken_ng
post May 6 2011, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,928 posts

QUOTE(mikecmy @ May 6 2011, 11:19 AM)
She introduced you her name but you never ask for contact ? brows.gif
The one who submitted my application is sweet too  drool.gif
That is why if my friend is going to apply for card, i'll direct them to her brows.gif
bro, your "her" is from which bank ah? hehe
mikecmy
post May 6 2011, 11:27 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ken_ng @ May 6 2011, 11:24 AM)
bro, your "her" is from which bank ah? hehe
HLB lor. We are discussing bout HLB ma..
haha! smile.gif
tipuism
post May 6 2011, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
236 posts

tl dr

moral of story is

dun waste time applying for CC from HLB
TSken_ng
post May 6 2011, 11:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,928 posts

QUOTE(mikecmy @ May 6 2011, 11:27 AM)
HLB lor. We are discussing bout HLB ma..
haha! smile.gif
mind to intro me ah? haha... or she's from which branch? coz i hardly see HLB got roadshow...
mikecmy
post May 6 2011, 11:46 AM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ken_ng @ May 6 2011, 11:41 AM)
mind to intro me ah? haha... or she's from which branch? coz i hardly see HLB got roadshow...
You let me know your number through PM and i'll ask her to call you on it shortly biggrin.gif
TSken_ng
post May 6 2011, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,928 posts

QUOTE(mikecmy @ May 6 2011, 11:46 AM)
You let me know your number through PM and i'll ask her to call you on it shortly biggrin.gif
ok, let me settle my current card problem these few days. then i pm u my number, k? thanks bro for kindness, cheers thumbup.gif
SeanChang
post May 6 2011, 12:27 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

ken_ng,
if u have not use the card, write a letter & fax to them stating the reason of cancel which is the card is not the type that u initially wanted & applied for.
mikecmy
post May 6 2011, 12:28 PM

Enthusiast
734 posts

QUOTE(ken_ng @ May 6 2011, 12:26 PM)
ok, let me settle my current card problem these few days. then i pm u my number, k? thanks bro for kindness, cheers  thumbup.gif
Sure do.
Just update me anytime in inbox and i'll forward the contact to her promptly biggrin.gif
rockets
post May 6 2011, 02:17 PM

No Recoil
509 posts

HLB is famous for being kaim sap one lah, their risk tolerance is very low that's why they always check your info and everything like crazy. HLB is one of the hardest banks to get loan also. any reason why you picked HLB CC?

anyway, i applied mine online and i think those that do it online will be followed up by the sales people in HQ which was pretty efficient as everything was done in 1 day. required a couple of calls and faxes.

**MOD notes** Post partially edited due to less than desirable language. Please watch your language.

This post has been edited by hye: May 6 2011, 03:02 PM

31 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:48 PM