Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Old skool shaving, Best and closest shave ever

views

subliminal_dreams
post Oct 18 2020, 06:15 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

I've been shaving with cartridges for years and only realized the con when I splurged on the latest Gillette Fusion proglide or whatever its called and felt thoroughly cheated. The first shave felt really raw, and although no cuts but the razor burn was horrible.

So been doing some reading and went through this helpful thread as well and decided to get into the game. Just got this in the post, can't wait to try it tomorrow morning.. just hope I dont cut myself into ribbons.

user posted image

niakulah
post Oct 18 2020, 07:50 PM

Senior Artisan
1,167 posts

QUOTE(subliminal_dreams @ Oct 18 2020, 06:15 PM)
I've been shaving with cartridges for years and only realized the con when I splurged on the latest Gillette Fusion proglide or whatever its called and felt thoroughly cheated. The first shave felt really raw, and although no cuts but the razor burn was horrible.

So been doing some reading and went through this helpful thread as well and decided to get into the game. Just got this in the post, can't wait to try it tomorrow morning.. just hope I dont cut myself into ribbons.

user posted image
Unless you are working from home, I would suggest you shave before bed or try it on the weekend. Or wake up really really early.

Don't want to have a minor emergency on your hands when you need to rush to work.
subliminal_dreams
post Oct 19 2020, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Just popped the cherry today. Damn, I wish I had discovered the joys of proper wet shaving ages ago. Took a bit of trial and error to get the angle right, and it's so smooth I could hardly feel it till I had to turn off the water just to hear the razor slicing.. and not a single nick even after doing 3 passes! I am sold, and would definitely advocate this to my buddies. Thanks to all the contributors in this thread, really much appreciated.
jaegerfox80
post Jan 14 2021, 02:22 AM

1 posts

Hi sifu-sifu sekalian. I'm new to wet shaving and just bought EJ de89. Any idea where I can source a razor and brush stand fromblocal seller? Thank you ya.
Gwynbleidd
post Jan 14 2021, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(jaegerfox80 @ Jan 14 2021, 02:22 AM)
Hi sifu-sifu sekalian. I'm new to wet shaving and just bought EJ de89. Any idea where I can source a razor and brush stand fromblocal seller? Thank you ya.
https://shopee.com.my/survivalkit

32 Pages « < 30 31 32Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0197sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th January 2021 - 11:12 AM