Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Breastfeeding Support Group, may u b bless wif abundance of supply~!!

views

NeoXeroX
post Nov 12 2010, 01:57 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

nice if the office is near your home, so during lunch time you can go back home to take lunch and also pump out the milk for your baby, bear in mind that you will be superb tired for the first week when you are back to office, unless your mil can help you during the midnight feed then is okay.. or else, it's gonna be nightmare sad.gif

me and my wife choosed Anmum stage 1(1-6 months) for our baby, well, he loved it since the first try and soon changing to stage 2(6-12months) next month, some ppls will think that expensive milk powder = best, but actually to us all are the same, most importantly is depends on the baby's taste. i still remembered during my wife's confinement, her mum cooked one type of drink is called "Oh Zoh Teh" in hokkien, i don't know whether you know about it, it's the boild the "Oh Zoh" and then keep in a container to keep warm, when feel thirsty then can pour out to drink, remember during confinement period don't drink any cold water, warm plain water still okay but avoid if can nod.gif

keep us update ya icon_rolleyes.gif
Syd G
post Nov 12 2010, 02:28 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 12 2010, 12:54 PM)
syd, i eat a lot for confinement but i keep feeling thirsty eventhough i just drink... the thing is i kenot drink plain water for my confinement n that's keeping me thirsty... n ya... my urine is dark yellow... cry.gif still 2 more weeks then i'm out of my confinement... currently i've stop pumping for a while coz i know i dun have enuf to pump... i'm waiting to c if anmum lacta n diminish thirstiness would help boost milk supply... if i had enuf sleep, heck no...

sometimes i would cry when baby cries coz i would blame myself for not providing enuf milk, dunno wat he's crying for, etc... being first timer sucks... cry.gif but i'm lucky to have a caring hubby (coz he dun want me to become depress)
No wonder you're not producing milk, you're not drinking enough. I drank at least 2L of plain water a day eventho Malay pantang also says cannot.

I'd rather langgar pantang than to see my baby starve.
breaker84
post Nov 12 2010, 02:59 PM

\\//\\//\\//\\//
1,713 posts

i should track this thread since i'm also going to be father this near....
keep it up...
i see a lot ppl say that the father should be at side to encourage her wife here...
what actually father should do????
what kind of support that every wife need...??
NeoXeroX
post Nov 12 2010, 04:05 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(breaker84 @ Nov 12 2010, 02:59 PM)
i should track this thread since i'm also going to be father this near....
keep it up...
i see a lot ppl say that the father should be at side to encourage her wife here...
what actually father should do????
what kind of support that every wife need...??
To Do List for husband who is gonna be daddy soon :

1) Accompany wife to go for check up.
2) Remind wife to take medicine in time before delivery, because during delivery, the wife will lose tons of blood.
3) Be with her in the labour room to keep her support, it's very pain and only god knows how pain she is.
4) During confinement, maybe you can help wife to massage when she is pain at her back <--- for sure during breastfeeding.
5) Help to take care of your newborn baby whenever you are free, you wife will need a good rest after delivery and during confinement.
6) Standby anytime to help buy things which is needed for your wife and baby, because no one is free besides the husband.
7) Give more attentions & concerns your wife.

and many more sweat.gif

cool2.gif cool2.gif
breaker84
post Nov 14 2010, 09:12 AM

\\//\\//\\//\\//
1,713 posts

QUOTE(NeoXeroX @ Nov 12 2010, 04:05 PM)
To Do List for husband who is gonna be daddy soon :

1) Accompany wife to go for check up.
2) Remind wife to take medicine in time before delivery, because during delivery, the wife will lose tons of blood.
3) Be with her in the labour room to keep her support, it's very pain and only god knows how pain she is.
4) During confinement, maybe you can help wife to massage when she is pain at her back <--- for sure during breastfeeding.
5) Help to take care of your newborn baby whenever you are free, you wife will need a good rest after delivery and during confinement.
6) Standby anytime to help buy things which is needed for your wife and baby, because no one is free besides the husband.
7) Give more attentions & concerns your wife.

and many more  sweat.gif

cool2.gif  cool2.gif
alright...
easy.... tongue.gif
TSnicKit
post Nov 14 2010, 10:52 AM

Casual
374 posts

neo, baby will stay wif us at nite... so it won't b diff after my confinement... if my hb is willing to sleep wif me n baby despite baby cries at nite... i asked him to sleep in the other room coz i pity seeing him having panda eyes n less sleep but he insist to stay wub.gif i think the teh is red date tea... i've got the instant one but only recently rajin put inside thermos (coz no cold water during confinement)... earlier i drink ginger tea n end up baby heaty i think coz lots of tiny transparent "bubble" on his forehead... anyway, baby now oso having S-26 coz mil used to give S-26 to hb... i agree that baby/toddler/child should like or suit the milk powder coz like my fen's case, she had to change powder again n again coz her son is allergic... the last i heard they're trying organic milk powder rclxub.gif i've just started anmum lacta yesterday n let's c how it goes...

syd, sometimes it's to believe or not... i can't believe how many pantang during confinement but like they always say it's just for a mth... coz if we fall sick then who's going to take care of baby if baby is dependent on us? smile.gif
Syd G
post Nov 14 2010, 12:03 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 14 2010, 10:52 AM)
syd, sometimes it's to believe or not... i can't believe how many pantang during confinement but like they always say it's just for a mth... coz if we fall sick then who's going to take care of baby if baby is dependent on us? smile.gif
The pantangs were around since the days of homebirth and lack of knowledge on basic sanitation, hygiene, antibiotics and antiseptics. I dont mind following pantangs, really as long as it doesnt have any ridiculous reason behind it.

E.g cant eat/drink so much cause you'll get fat and the husband will find another wife. Srsly wtf.

Added on November 14, 2010, 12:12 pm
QUOTE(breaker84 @ Nov 14 2010, 09:12 AM)
alright...
easy.... tongue.gif
Easy to do once. Try doing it consistently, parenting is tiring sad.gif

This post has been edited by Syd G: Nov 14 2010, 12:12 PM
TSnicKit
post Nov 14 2010, 12:23 PM

Casual
374 posts

syd, here i have to finish everything on the plate so can't eat/drink is not a pantang here... bathing is still acceptable but wif herbal packs... at first i dun really understand y kenot bath... but after i read the confinement recipe book q n a i understand y... smile.gif just the water fluid thing... no cold water, no plain water... even i can plain water, the wine/DOM/alcohol will make me sweat n hot... so i still lack of water... rclxub.gif
Syd G
post Nov 14 2010, 12:26 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 14 2010, 12:23 PM)
syd, here i have to finish everything on the plate so can't eat/drink is not a pantang here... bathing is still acceptable but wif herbal packs... at first i dun really understand y kenot bath... but after i read the confinement recipe book q n a i understand y... smile.gif just the water fluid thing... no cold water, no plain water... even i can plain water, the wine/DOM/alcohol will make me sweat n hot... so i still lack of water... rclxub.gif
It's ok. Your confinement will end soon. Hopefully you'll go back to drinking lots of water and will have a lot of milk like I do biggrin.gif

I delivered normally without epidural. Seriously I'd rather endure the pain of delivery again than to go through the pain of confinement.
NeoXeroX
post Nov 15 2010, 01:45 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 14 2010, 10:52 AM)
neo, baby will stay wif us at nite... so it won't b diff after my confinement... if my hb is willing to sleep wif me n baby despite baby cries at nite... i asked him to sleep in the other room coz i pity seeing him having panda eyes n less sleep but he insist to stay wub.gif i think the teh is red date tea... i've got the instant one but only recently rajin put inside thermos (coz no cold water during confinement)... earlier i drink ginger tea n end up baby heaty i think coz lots of tiny transparent "bubble" on his forehead... anyway, baby now oso having S-26 coz mil used to give S-26 to hb... i agree that baby/toddler/child should like or suit the milk powder coz like my fen's case, she had to change powder again n again coz her son is allergic... the last i heard they're trying organic milk powder rclxub.gif i've just started anmum lacta yesterday n let's c how it goes...
nono, what i wanted to say is, whenever you are back to work + need to take care of baby in the midnight, there you go, you will be superb tired by then, tongue.gif glad that your husband is sleeping with you to take care of you and baby, about the red date tea, i don't know whether the cook one and the instant one brings the same result but you can monitor if it helps you to generate more milk for ya baby, on the ginger part, because what the mother eat/drink will produce out as milk, so if you are going to breastfeed ya little one, it's adviced by the nurses to drink (ginger, dom) after breastfeed, then only will not effect our baby, by that time the alcohol also digest already nod.gif

about the bubbles on baby's face, maybe you can try to use a warm towel to help him clean the face each time after feed, was informed by nurse as well to keep baby's face keep so that it won't grow any dot dot on the face, wub.gif if baby sweating also will result of growing dot dots too, always keep clear on the face laugh.gif gambateh and wish you and your baby stay healthy and most importantly a lovely & caring husband beside to support you thumbup.gif
TSnicKit
post Nov 15 2010, 08:12 PM

Casual
374 posts

syd, me too... i would go thru a labor delivery than going thru confinement

neo, warm towel... will do that after confinement coz kenot touch water ma... but i do keep a hanky to wipe off excess milk n vomitted milk rclxub.gif i din know ginger have to take after feeding... coz usually i would feed him after my meal which is always a coincident which i hate oso...

btw out of topic do ur babies sleep like having a nitemare? my boy recently make sounds like he's having nitemare...
NeoXeroX
post Nov 16 2010, 06:53 AM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 15 2010, 08:12 PM)
neo, warm towel... will do that after confinement coz kenot touch water ma... but i do keep a hanky to wipe off excess milk n vomitted milk rclxub.gif i din know ginger have to take after feeding... coz usually i would feed him after my meal which is always a coincident which i hate oso...

btw out of topic do ur babies sleep like having a nitemare? my boy recently make sounds like he's having nitemare...
you can always ask your husband or mil to help you with the warm towel, be it 2-3 hours wipe one time and maintain it should be alright, a dry hanky also can help but please only use one time only after that change a new hanky to prevent it, i was advised by my aunties not to let baby sleep openly, meaning face up and both hands put on top beside of the head, they will get scared.. try to put your baby for side sleeping, sleep on left / right side with the arm and leg hugging on a pillow, cover with blanket and try monitor it for awhile, another thing is you can go to chinese medical shop to ask for the "Bao Lin Dan" that one is help baby from getting scared, laugh.gif well, i bought mine at Yu Ren Sheng nod.gif
TSnicKit
post Nov 16 2010, 06:51 PM

Casual
374 posts

neo, we've been adviced to swaddle (bungkus the baby wif lampin so the hands stay put beside the body) n been doing it since... but i dun swaddle tight so baby ends up wif hands outside biggrin.gif mil said no need bao yin dan <.<

updates, i've started a time log to c how long he's stuck on my breast n sleep... from wat i c, he's on the breast (dunno feeding or sucking) for abt 15-30mins n sleep for abt 20+mins... it's just one day... dunno if it's the same for tomolo... oh ya, i only feel engorgement during nite... morning dun feel anything at all except milk leaking when baby starts to lacth on my breast... any opinions? smile.gif
Syd G
post Nov 16 2010, 07:03 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

wear a nursing pad biggrin.gif

washable ones are cheaper but they dont retain milk well. i use disposable when i'm outside and washable at night.
NeoXeroX
post Nov 17 2010, 10:50 PM

Regular
1,438 posts

QUOTE(nicKit @ Nov 16 2010, 06:51 PM)
neo, we've been adviced to swaddle (bungkus the baby wif lampin so the hands stay put beside the body) n been doing it since... but i dun swaddle tight so baby ends up wif hands outside biggrin.gif mil said no need bao yin dan <.<

updates, i've started a time log to c how long he's stuck on my breast n sleep... from wat i c, he's on the breast (dunno feeding or sucking) for abt 15-30mins n sleep for abt 20+mins... it's just one day... dunno if it's the same for tomolo... oh ya, i only feel engorgement during nite... morning dun feel anything at all except milk leaking when baby starts to lacth on my breast... any opinions? smile.gif
ahhhh, i also felt heartache to bungkus him with napkin though, biggrin.gif see he so pity, just come to this world and get both hands tie up.. i will let his hands out and play with him while he is awake, but its good to swaddle it during sleeping time so that wont get scare easily.. ehhh about the engorgement part i not very sure about it, maybe can ask out ladies here sweat.gif
Syd G
post Nov 18 2010, 06:09 AM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

Actually, swaddling is actually more comforting to a baby. Google up Dr Harvey Karp and his 'fourth trimester' theory in his book 'Happiest Baby on the Block'.

Cheers.

Added on November 18, 2010, 6:10 amhttp://www.ninemonths.com.au/fourth-trimester/

This post has been edited by Syd G: Nov 18 2010, 06:10 AM
TSnicKit
post Nov 18 2010, 02:22 PM

Casual
374 posts

syd, interesting article but in my place it won't work... unless we move out... here we have lots of opinions from everywhere... so it's making it hard for us the parents to implement our own taking-care-of-baby... btw does baby sleeps after breastfeeding? coz my boy likes to fall asleep... no matter how we rock, play wif his finger, body or leg, or waking, he sleeps in my arms... like a log... then wakes up when i put him down... sometimes i hear him swallow hard sometimes nothing... now i got blamed for spoiling him in my cuddle n sleep wif sucking... cry.gif
Syd G
post Nov 18 2010, 02:46 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

I'm so sorry, nicKit sad.gif . I have the privilege of doing it to my own daughter.

At first I had to be so 'kurang ajar' to not listen to others' opinion on how to raise my own child. But right now she's very calm so people whom noticed actually asked me for advices wink.gif

Btw my baby often sleeps after breastfeeding too. Not too long, though. She'll wake up after 15-30 mins unless it's at night.

merchant9
post Nov 18 2010, 03:10 PM

On my way
628 posts

When living with in law and etc, everyone will have their own version of taking care of the baby.

This is where the man role come into play. The man has to make a stand on what is to be done and not. Like my colleague, he make a stand and fight his parents and in law against all traditional / cultural practise and changed it to modern ones he learnt from the same ante-natal class we visited.

Wish you all the best.
TSnicKit
post Nov 19 2010, 10:25 PM

Casual
374 posts

syd, mine sleeps then wakes up abt the same time as urs but he'll always get hungry... is ur girl the same? he always seem hungry all the time... it always make me think if i actually have enuf milk for him... to provide milk every 30-60mins then doze off for 10-30mins... i dun even have the time to pump...

merchant9, thanks...

abt anmum lacta, i was told it was to improve the quality of the milk sad.gif i still need to find ways to improve the quantity of the milk... but from wat i read, if baby is gaining weight then the milk flow should b fine rite? but i'm not sure if formula at nite is the one making baby gaining weight...

103 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0309sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:03 PM