ok... ive finally timed my laptop after the wpt and know how wpt works the actual way
last night i timed my boot, i got this:
my boot time should be around 1 minutes and in this few weeks, i also compiled the 2 most common wpt errors, the part to prepart step 2 of 6 and step 5 of 6. to fix these problems, I included the exact error messages as well
run cmd as administrator
input the text below or just paste it
xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot
Gave up waiting for Win7RTM physical prefetcher after 300 seconds.
Could not wait for prefetcher.
Couldn't find kenrel logger in active logger list.
Couldn't find user-mode logger in active logger list.
* "OptimizeComplete" with a string data of "No"
* "OptimizeError" with a string data of "Missing Registry Entries"
* "Enable" with a string data of "Y"
* "LcnStartLocation" with a string data of 0
* "LcnEndLocation" with a string data of 0
"BootFilesOptimized" with a Double-Word data of 1
Failed to defragment disk after 5 attempts
Couldn't find kernel logger in active logger list
Couldn't kind user-mode logger in active logger list
Enable = Y
OptimizeComplete = Yes
the above solution is only make u able to run wpt but wont optimize ur boot performances. in order to make the wpt works like a charm;
1. run windows defragmenter to defragment c drive 1-2 times at least
2. open cmd as admin
3. paste xbootmgr -trace boot -prepSystem -verboseReadyBoot
4. wait until the WPT finish its job (6 time reboot)
i just wanna tell u guys how satisfied i am to have a boot time around 1 minute. as for the solutions in the quoted text, is because of that maybe u never run any defragmenter before and therefore by following the solution, wpt able to run but wont optimize the boot timeThis post has been edited by sarf2k4: Feb 26 2011, 11:25 AM