Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sennheiser Headphones/Earphones Fan Club V2, Create the Sound.................

views

Problem
post Jan 11 2016, 08:24 AM

On my way
605 posts

Not exactly regretting as it still shares the HD800 traits, just that the peaky 6K frequency was what I actually liked about the HD800.

Listened to most genres over the weekend and it definitely sounds better on metal/rock/classic rock with the better sub-bass extension where it is quite audible compared to the original HD800.
jchue73
post Jan 16 2016, 06:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,496 posts

Yeah, should post this here. biggrin.gif

Attached Image
Problem
post Jan 16 2016, 07:31 PM

On my way
605 posts

QUOTE(jchue73 @ Jan 16 2016, 06:41 PM)
Yeah, should post this here.  biggrin.gif

Attached Image
You got them as well? What are your thoughts about them?
jchue73
post Jan 18 2016, 08:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,496 posts

QUOTE(Problem @ Jan 16 2016, 07:31 PM)
You got them as well? What are your thoughts about them?
Yeah. Trying to find time to listen to it. Been busy the whole weekend. Wish it was longer. laugh.gif

Value wise I think it's superb. Maybe because it arrived as a late Christmas present for me. But speaking about the real monetary value, it is a good buy considering other TOTL headphones like the LCD-4 and HE-1000 cost an arm and a leg.

My first encounter with the original HD800 was a long time ago and somehow remember distinctly that I did not like it for the thin sounding headphone. Maybe it's the amp/DAC pairing but I'm somehow liking the HD800S. I find that when there's bass called upon in the EDM / trance music (Andrew Rayel, AVB) that I listen, it does give out quite a good amount. A bit less than than LCD counterparts but other things more than makes up for it.

First impression when I put it on is notice how comfortable the HD800S is. I could wear this the whole day without fatigue. The LCDs are heavy but can get uncomfortable not because of the weight but the ears get a little hot. Probably because of the leather cups. Secondly, the ther thing I notice is the clarity, accuracy and transparency of how the HD800S renders my flacs. The mids are superb. Instrument separation is quite good. Very airy and gives a nice stereo imaging. Trebble is nice without being harsh and unbearing. I love how it renders female vocals. Adele and Sarah Brightman sounded really nice. Trance tracks with female vocals (Emma Hewitt) sound really good. They sound very clean and precise. Guitars rifts sound great on Dire Straits.

Anyway, like I said I wished it was a longer weekend for me listening to the new toy. Listening to my collection all over again.
ezekiel_77
post Jan 18 2016, 04:54 PM

Five Star Fuzz McFuzz
848 posts

QUOTE(jchue73 @ Jan 16 2016, 06:41 PM)
Yeah, should post this here.  biggrin.gif
Wah the LG V10 can drive them?
Chiggah
post Mar 9 2016, 07:59 AM

Casual
460 posts

Anyone selling a Bottlehead Crack + Speedball or La Figaro 339 ?
TSAkabane@DrJackel
post Mar 11 2016, 04:52 PM

**Music Listeners**
4,540 posts

Thread closed...moving V3...Kindly continue discussions HERE

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:07 AM