Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Godzilla | based on the iconic Toho Co. character, company behind 300 and The Dark Knight ?

views

TSCalvin871989
post Mar 30 2010, 04:11 PM, updated 14y ago

Im Batman
1,256 posts

Godzilla stomping back to theaters via Legendary

user posted image

Well, well, well ... look who's getting back in fighting shape.

Everyone's favorite gigantic, havoc-wreaking lizard, Godzilla, is on his way back to the big screen via Legendary Pictures, which has acquired the rights to develop and produce a new feature based on the iconic Toho Co. character. Warner Bros. will co-produce, co-finance and distribute through its deal with Legendary, and Toho will roll out the film in Japan.

Dan Lin, Roy Lee and Brian Rogers are also producing; Yoshimitsu Banno, Kenji Okuhira and Doug Davison will be executive producers on the project.

The last major Godzilla outing, an American, New York-set version from Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin, grossed $376 million worldwide in 1998 despite fielding equally major criticism. Toho quickly produced "Godzilla 2000," in which the big beast took on an evil UFO, the following year.

But the Godzilla franchise juggernaut has survived decades of permutations (he first appeared in 1954), dozens of films, books, video games and merchandising tie-ins and seems perpetually ready to rear up again for new audiences.

The new film is shooting for a 2012 release.

"Godzilla is one of the world's most powerful pop culture icons, and we at Legendary are thrilled to be able to create a modern epic based on this long-loved Toho franchise," said Thomas Tull, chairman and CEO of Legendary. "Our plans are to produce the Godzilla that we, as fans, would want to see. We intend to do justice to those essential elements that have allowed this character to remain as pop culturally relevant for as long as it has."

Added Jeff Robinov, president of Warner Bros. Pictures Group, "Godzilla is emblematic of the kind of branded, event films for which Warner Bros. and our partners at Legendary are best known."

The two companies have partnered on such global properties as "Batman Begins," "The Dark Knight," "Superman Returns" and "The Hangover," which have grossed more than $2 billion worldwide. Together, they have a remake of "Clash of the Titans" stomping into theaters Friday.

greyshadow
post Mar 30 2010, 05:10 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

user posted image
rclxms.gif

hope they don't screw it up again this time...

thesecond
post Mar 30 2010, 05:36 PM

21 posts

I like the sound of that... *chant*gojira! gojira! gojira! gojira...*chant* LOL!

But Yoshimitsu Banno did produced Godzilla VS Hedorah where Godzilla actually flies with radioactive fire breathing propulsion... tongue.gif

Hopefully the effect for Godzilla would surpass what they are doing for Kraken in Clash of The Titan. Don't fail me, Legendary! Don't fail me, Warner! drool.gif

This post has been edited by thesecond: Mar 30 2010, 05:41 PM
Suk
post Mar 30 2010, 08:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,330 posts

sound interesting...
masterelr
post Mar 30 2010, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast
987 posts

Man.. I love the 1998 movie! It was so much fun.
A Godzilla vs King Kong movie or something would be epic though..
BelowAverage
post Mar 30 2010, 11:57 PM

Regular
1,274 posts

i prefer western gozzila lol
ZeneticX
post Mar 31 2010, 10:17 AM

stars for what
All Stars
11,715 posts

the 1998 godzilla is shit.

this time i wan godzilla to be the winrar !
thesecond
post Mar 31 2010, 10:58 AM

21 posts

The 98' Godzilla was just an overgrown lizard, it's time to bring back the 'God-like' back to Godzilla... tongue.gif
wiNd
post Mar 31 2010, 01:31 PM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

1998's Godzilla was fun! biggrin.gif

always welcome a Gojira flick...this project sounds great! smile.gif
Aeon_Clock
post Mar 31 2010, 01:57 PM

Caped Crusader
4,259 posts

1998 Godzilla is a good movie...but is just not the Godzilla we have always known. I want this to be about the creature...not the bloody New Yorkians...or Frenchies.

This post has been edited by Aeon_Clock: Mar 31 2010, 01:58 PM
n00b13
post Mar 31 2010, 03:55 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(masterelr @ Mar 30 2010, 10:51 PM)
Man.. I love the 1998 movie! It was so much fun.
QUOTE(wiNd @ Mar 31 2010, 01:31 PM)
1998's Godzilla was fun! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Aeon_Clock @ Mar 31 2010, 01:57 PM)
1998 Godzilla is a good movie...
shocking.gif doh.gif laugh.gif

tonYe
post Mar 31 2010, 07:17 PM

Game Designer
1,454 posts

I thought the american godzilla had better special effects but the movie itself was... not great.
TSCalvin871989
post May 7 2010, 11:55 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/05/is-this..._medium=twitter

Is this How GODZILLA will Look in the US Reboot?

user posted image user posted image

UPDATE 2:  Blood Disgusting has boldly confirmed that the Godzilla images are "not official."  Sorry Godzilla fans but atleast its been fun hearing some of the reaction across the interweb while stirring some interesting discussion on how you think the design should look in the reboot.  I personally think the guy who sculpted this bust did an awesome job

TSCalvin871989
post Jul 27 2010, 12:22 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=33183

First look at art from Legendary's new Godzilla movie

I keep forgetting that a new GODZILLA is actually in the works, as I think they've pretty much done all they can with the same monster tearing up various locations around the globe, but sure enough, the film is coming, and now Legendary Pictures has released the first artwork from the film’s production which you can see below.

It’s certainly Godzilla, and doesn’t look too terribly different from previous incarnations we’ve seen of him over the years. He’s got spikes, he looks angry and has what appears to be a plasma bolt stuck in his throat.

I love the old Godzilla movies in all their camptastic glory, but he hasn’t exactly translated to modern audiences very well with past sequels meant to “update” the character. JJ Abrams and Matt Reeves made a great Godzilla-type movie with CLOVERFIELD, but you can’t exactly use that same format with Godzilla himself, as at this point, the monster is hardly a mystery.

user posted image

defaultname365
post Jul 27 2010, 12:31 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Whoa... now that's Godzilla. Nice art work. The Godzilla model also looks frighteningly good.
hairyLGS
post Jul 27 2010, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Still wait until the trailer comes out... last time Godzilla was quite anticipated but ended up like a so-so film. Some even consider it a joke sweat.gif
domcobb
post Jul 27 2010, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Nice art work there! Looks more like how Godzilla should be. I find the US movie [Godzilla] was entertaining though. smile.gif
hairyLGS
post Sep 22 2010, 08:54 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/godzilla-3d...-reboot-rumors/

Godzilla 3D Producer Talks Reboot, Rumors

user posted image

Brian Rogers, one of the people behind Legendary Pictures’ upcoming reboot of “Godzilla”, recently attended the 3D Summit in Universal City, CA, where the boys at Zennie62  cornered him and got the lowdown on the reboot, Internet rumors, and just what exactly Godzilla will be facing in the upcoming movie.

Some of the highlights include:

- The Godzilla bust ? Nothing to do with Legendary’s Godzilla movie, says Rogers.

- The rebooted Godzilla will be faithful to the original radioactive monster, atomic breath included, one presumes.

- Godzilla will be fighting more than one monsters in the movie. So, no lame Godzilla vs. the U.S. army battles. Well, there may still be that, but it won’t be the only battles for our monster.

- The movie will be live-action, in 3D, with CGI, and not animation. This was apparently in response to some animated scenes showed at the Legendary Pictures booth at Comic Con 2010.

- Look for the atomic breath attack sometime in 2012.

Here’s the full interview (below) with Brian Rogers:

hairyLGS
post Oct 14 2010, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/godzilla-up...-toro-confused/

Godzilla Updates: Pacific Rim? Del Toro? Confused?

user posted image

After taking some gratuitous pop shots at some news website, the boys at Latino Review  flexed their Latino Power muscle and revealed a very interesting bit of news about the upcoming “Godzilla” reboot from Legendary Pictures: namely that there are plans to merge oh Atomic breath with a sci-fi alien invasion treatment from “Clash of the Titans” writer Travis Beacham called “Pacific Rim”.

According to LR’s sources, the whole thing went down like this: apparently the script that was turned in for the “Godzilla” reboot failed to set Legendary Pictures’ skirts on fire. The suits decided they liked the Beacham idea more, and now plans use Beacham’s “Pacific Rim” as the basis for their “Godzilla” reboot.

In the original “Pacific Rim” 25-page treatment (no script yet), “malevolent creatures” (aka monsters from outer space, we assume) threaten the Earth, forcing mankind to unite to fight back using highly advanced weaponry. Now just swap “highly advanced weapaonry” with “Godzilla”, and you have your “Godzilla” movie.

And oh yeah, Legendary Pictures has apparently also offered the directing gig to Guillermo Del Toro, which makes “Godzilla” the 206th movie Del Toro is now currently attached to in some form or another. I kid, I kid, but the man sure has stayed busy since extricating himself from the growing mess that is the “Hobbit” movies. Whew! Got out just in time, huh, Guillermo?

fragglerock
post Oct 15 2010, 10:20 AM

37 posts

i say give the effin gojira franchise to them koreans. they are at their best when mixing genres, tsunami to me was an emotional rollercoaster ride.
lets vote THE HOST or CLOVERFIELD

19 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0278sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:37 AM