87 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Papago GPS Software for Android, its working!!! - updated @ page 3

views

shahnakal
post Dec 7 2009, 10:28 PM

Getting Started
218 posts

PAPAGO the best!! Buy and install on my HERO yesterday, start using it from KL to klang trough KESAS Hihgway.. No LAG, No Disconnect (Lost direction) and the best thing is NOT use too much power (battery life) for run it!! the best GPS navigation i've had smile.gif
oucheev
post Dec 7 2009, 10:31 PM

Casual
433 posts

Hi just got HTC Magic yesterday.

Connected to my Windows 7 but having problem with the ADB drivers.

Anyone knows how and where can I find and solve this?

kiwlm
post Dec 7 2009, 11:16 PM

Enthusiast
978 posts

jeez, my gf's just upgraded her magic to 1.6 (coz hers is europe version, the update comes thru Android Market) and now the papago doesn't work anymore. Will try out the download link from the website soon.
SUSbuntutman
post Dec 8 2009, 12:02 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(oucheev @ Dec 7 2009, 10:31 PM)
Hi just got HTC Magic yesterday.

Connected to my Windows 7 but having problem with the ADB drivers.

Anyone knows how and where can I find and solve this?
eh yo jokes heaven king ! i is your fans !

Remedy
post Dec 8 2009, 01:48 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Some news... I got an update back from papago support. they mentioned the X5 update to run on tattoo will come over to us soon.

They are also kind enough to offer me a full refund if I decided not to wait. (* not bad for their support i would say)

Thanx to advise from the bros here i guess i'll wait till the update arrive.
kiwlm
post Dec 8 2009, 08:58 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

QUOTE(Remedy @ Dec 8 2009, 01:48 AM)
Some news... I got an update back from papago support. they mentioned the X5 update to run on tattoo will come over to us soon.
So does it mean this -> http://dl2.papago.com.tw/download/Papago/A...OO_20091125.rar
is not working? Strange, they released an update that doesn't work.

Remedy
post Dec 8 2009, 10:01 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(kiwlm @ Dec 8 2009, 08:58 AM)
So does it mean this -> http://dl2.papago.com.tw/download/Papago/A...OO_20091125.rar
is not working? Strange, they released an update that doesn't work.
Maybe it work for taiwan folks but not us... or at least it doesn't work for me... or not compatible with MFM maps.

it can successfully launch the application just stuck in the x5 logo screen.

MyWifeCar
post Dec 8 2009, 10:41 AM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

QUOTE(MaggieMee @ Dec 7 2009, 10:26 PM)
ever occured to you the customer support doesn't know how to read English?
Hahah... biggrin.gif

Then they have to inform the buyer in advance first ma....hehehe

But generally Taiwan support is ok, they should be able to speak or at least understand simple english...
kiwlm
post Dec 8 2009, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

QUOTE(Remedy @ Dec 8 2009, 10:01 AM)
Maybe it work for taiwan folks but not us... or at least it doesn't work for me... or not compatible with MFM maps.

I haven't installed yet mine on my magic, but a couple of things off head that I would have tried on your tattoo just based on the posts here:

1. try to see if it can run with Taiwanese map?
2. someone said its font problem, change your tattoo to be Chinese Taiwan, then try see can run or not the papago.
UnUsUaL
post Dec 8 2009, 01:51 PM

ah jek
Group Icon
VIP
2,064 posts

QUOTE(Remedy @ Dec 8 2009, 10:01 AM)

Taiwan version need Taiwan Maps else it won't work and stuck at the startup screen (X5 Logo), and i believe currently only Taiwan version support Android Donut 1.6.
MyWifeCar
post Dec 8 2009, 01:55 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

Meaning we cannot have other maps in SEA version?

Like I freq Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand a lot... So will that mean that I need different version of Papago ah?
UnUsUaL
post Dec 8 2009, 02:00 PM

ah jek
Group Icon
VIP
2,064 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Dec 8 2009, 01:55 PM)

Like I freq Taiwan, Singapore and Thailand a lot... So will that mean that I need different version of Papago ah?
correct, SEA version can only use SG+MY map. I could be wrong but i tested with TW map and no go.
Remedy
post Dec 8 2009, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

No worries for 1.6 Donut users now... they have promised that an update to SEA version will soon come either end of this month or worst case early next month..

and then it will work on Tattoo and on MFM maps.

i guess now we'll just have to wait.. (for 1.6 users)

-----------------------------------------------------

so if there is anyone like me who has bought the software buy couldn't make it to run on your 1.6 phone.. just wait a little while longer.

This post has been edited by Remedy: Dec 8 2009, 03:39 PM
SUSitanium
post Dec 8 2009, 04:18 PM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(Remedy @ Dec 8 2009, 03:38 PM)
No worries for 1.6 Donut users now... they have promised that an update to SEA version will soon come either end of this month or worst case early next month..

and then it will work on Tattoo and on MFM maps.

i guess now we'll just have to wait.. (for 1.6 users)
-----------------------------------------------------

so if there is anyone like me who has bought the software buy couldn't make it to run on your 1.6 phone.. just wait a little while longer.
Sounds good to me and my Liquid smile.gif
SUSbuntutman
post Dec 8 2009, 04:22 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Dec 8 2009, 01:55 PM)

if u purchased the original , you would learn that thailand map is given FREE of charge, Singapore is embeded with Malaysia which is also given FREE and
navigasi.net which is indonesia, is also ... FREE .

those who never spoke of this .... didnt buy the original. its very simple.

those who did, would have 3 full maps. anyway sg+my+indon is free anyway. bonus is the thailand map.

MyWifeCar
post Dec 8 2009, 07:13 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~
591 posts

QUOTE(buntutman @ Dec 8 2009, 04:22 PM)
if u purchased the original , you would learn that thailand map is given FREE of charge, Singapore is embeded with Malaysia which is also given FREE and
navigasi.net which is indonesia, is also ... FREE .

those who never spoke of this .... didnt buy the original. its very simple.

those who did, would have 3 full maps. anyway sg+my+indon is free anyway. bonus is the thailand map.
Bro, thanks for the explanation... The SA already told me during the PC fair, I guess most of us is very clear also since all also buying from PC fair...

PC fair got sell fake Papago meh?

My question is can I use Taiwan map on SEA version x5? Because from "Unusual the mod" reply, it seems I will be running into problems...

Actually I asked the same question during PC Fair too, the M3 staff give me a blank look... I politely say thank you and say I will consider buying later...

Hehehe... You can always bump into all sort of funny things when the SA is inexperience. biggrin.gif
~tera~
post Dec 8 2009, 07:39 PM

On my way
500 posts

is it any way or program beside papago ?? to active gps ?? i maybe using this thing if i do along trip(no 3g/wifi network coverage) since inside wifi and 3g area .. i can use NAV Launcher .. to active google maps navigation .. for 1.6 user

i've been aware .. that garmin are developing an app for android market ..
can we find any free resource ?? beside future garmin app and papago ??
since nokia/symbian phone can freely tweak and install garmin for free .. my fren's 5800

sry if i ask tooo nub question

This post has been edited by ~tera~: Dec 8 2009, 07:40 PM
oucheev
post Dec 8 2009, 08:55 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(buntutman @ Dec 8 2009, 12:02 AM)
eh yo jokes heaven king ! i is your fans !
Oops posted on the wrong thread. Sorry!
kiwlm
post Dec 9 2009, 12:02 AM

Enthusiast
978 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Dec 8 2009, 07:13 PM)
My question is can I use Taiwan map on SEA version x5? Because from "Unusual the mod" reply, it seems I will be running into problems...
Looking at the way papago sells their software, I think you should be able to if you pay. Unless there's a taifreemaps.com

SUSbuntutman
post Dec 9 2009, 01:42 AM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Dec 8 2009, 07:13 PM)
Bro, thanks for the explanation... The SA already told me during the PC fair, I guess most of us is very clear also since all also buying from PC fair...

PC fair got sell fake Papago meh?

Actually I asked the same question during PC Fair too, the M3 staff give me a blank look... I politely say thank you and say I will consider buying later...

Hehehe... You can always bump into all sort of funny things when the SA is inexperience. biggrin.gif
the people at m3gps are new in this field. very new.
Unusual the mod is a reliable person. you are bound to run into a world of problems when you purchase taiwan edition papago X5 for android and mysg version of x5. he is definitely right.

reason because, both have different functions.
1 reads traditional chinese characters, the mysg mana ada orang know traditional chinese characters.
and x5 taiwan edition comes with TMC which is traffic management control . its sumthing that malaysia and singapore ...... dont have.

taiwan maps have different map id.
taiwan maps have different icons allocated.
taiwan maps contain traditional chinese characters.
taiwan maps have a different routing engine for tmc.

most of the M3 staff are not really well trained. i walked into their office today to purchase a Q4301 and anyone could tell the laggyness it had compared to the Q3501. same specs just diff screen size. ask for reason, they oso blur. but however there are 2 people there who are very qualified to assist you with any questions you have on their products.

1 - Look for business development manager - Mr Daryl Teh, he can be reached at the address and number i given in earlier post.
2 - head on over to www.malfreemaps.com and pm the nick sb17.
they are definitely capable of aiding any questions you have on their products. whether it be x5 papago android or x3 windows mobile or wayway, papago and garmin units.

87 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0302sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 PM