Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Courier services in Malaysia, ... 18 in the list now

views

J&T KUL413 P
post Jan 18 2022, 05:08 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi all potential online seller here,

I am wyneth from J&T KUL413 located nearby sungai Besi and bukit Jalil.

We are having warehouse courier service in our branch to provide one stop solution to our client. So that, you no need to do on operation and just focus to do sale.

Our service included:
1) warehouse space
2) packaging and sorting
3) courier service
4) our VIP customer platform to trace your product
5) CCTV to check your product in our warehouse.

If interested, please contact me.
Wyneth
Warehouse courier planner
014-977 0049
Chanwsan
post Jan 23 2022, 02:37 AM

सोहम
976 posts

QUOTE(a_fikri93 @ Jan 18 2022, 02:39 PM)
Hi, I would like to post a letter/postcard using international air mail.
How to know the amount of stamp to be used or do I have to go to the counter to know how much is needed.
How much that you have to pay to get the tracking number?

If anyone have any experience using this services, I would love to hear the process.
I cannot advise without knowing your destination location, but you can head to Pos Malaysia's website to use their postage calculator yourself. What I do know is, ever since they hiked their fee on the pretext of the pandemic, international mail starts at a minimum of RM3, while registered service (for tracking) is at a whopping RM10.50 on top of postage.
Bulbasaurus Rex
post Jan 27 2022, 06:55 AM

2 posts

Hello! Wanted to ask if anyone had any experience in ordering electronics and shipping them to East Malaysia?

I was wondering on why both DHL and SkyNet are refusing to send a monitor over to East Malaysia? It's weird because I've ordered other electronic items (computer components, mobile phones etc) and they were able to reach my location in East Malaysia just fine. It puzzles me as not only it wastes my time, but also the sender's time as well. Hopefully anyone can shed some light in this situation about this.

Additonaly, I've also ordered chemicals to send to my address (albeit it's only for cleaning my electronic stuffs and customs hold it for a couple of days, but nevertheless GDEx were able to send it to my location.) and that's even more dangerous than a single monitor.

This post has been edited by Bulbasaurus Rex: Jan 27 2022, 08:22 AM
spyrr
post Jan 29 2022, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(ChasV @ Nov 9 2021, 08:48 PM)
Am I the last person to know that Flexipak and related services have re-opened since 7 Oct? I just saw that news tonite. I was checking the site once a month all this time and finally gave up, so I didnt see it last month. There is a surcharge added at the post office at the time of shipping so if people want to begin using Flexipak its best to go to a pos office first and confirm the price as i will do tomorrow.

Did you find out how much is the surcharge?
From Pos Malaysia's website, looks like there's a steep price increase and no more Flexipack International L and XL boxes.
Ghaaa P
post Feb 14 2022, 09:52 AM

Probation
1 posts

best one is jnt and ninja van
Kairi52474
post Feb 24 2022, 01:37 PM

12 posts

Anyone know what courier to use for big packages? 20kg+, assembled furniture type of big.
From west malaysia to east malaysia.

I can't believe malaysia uses volumetric weight bullshit. 20kg item becomes 100kg because of the size.
My only experience is buying stuff from japan and they only impose the 30kg limit and a size limit (they don't care about the size or simply add to your kg as long don't exceed).
ChasV
post Feb 24 2022, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(spyrr @ Jan 29 2022, 11:12 AM)
Did you find out how much is the surcharge?
From Pos Malaysia's website, looks like there's a steep price increase and no more Flexipack International L and XL boxes.
The prices are on the website now. I went in POS, asked about prices, I wrote them down, opened my online shop, contacted everyone on my notification list, took orders, packed the goods and when I hauled them to POS, POS suddenly doubled the charges. I hauled everything back, contacted everyone, cancelled all the orders, refunded everyone, closed the shop again.

After that, POS put revised prices on the website which were below the higher prices suddenly plopped on me but still much higher than before covid. They call it an airline surcharge but I dont believe it. Its just POS demanding more money for their own reasons which I think relate more to the failure of Asia Express than outside surcharges.
ChasV
post Feb 24 2022, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(Kairi52474 @ Feb 24 2022, 01:37 PM)
Anyone know what courier to use for big packages? 20kg+, assembled furniture type of big.
From west malaysia to east malaysia.

I can't believe malaysia uses volumetric weight bullshit. 20kg item becomes 100kg because of the size.
My only experience is buying stuff from japan and they only impose the 30kg limit and a size limit (they don't care about the size or simply add to your kg as long don't exceed).
Its the whole world not just Malaysia and its been a long time since volumetric started. I understand the reasons for it but its been abused for the purpose of money. There are many times its not needed and they do it anyway, like a letter in an envelope. The basic way to combat this is to work to have no difference in weight or volumetric weight, like you said, which you do my adding more goods to fill the airspace and/or to reduce the size of the package, and to not have anything inside that doesnt belong, like heavy packing material.

My usual need is the 150g and 250g Flexipak which in the good old days I used daily and this will never come back due to the extreme charges now which my customers wont pay. I reopened my shop yesterday but expect no business. Because im out of business two years already, im really on the rocks now and will leave. But I cant leave because there is no shipping available for household goods and equipment. I cant even get quotations for anything. I went to a courier near me in Penang, Line Clear, because they advertise "international pallets" but they just laughed at me. Goods can come in but they cant go out?? WTH?

On your east malaysia shipment, as I know at the moment there is a 10kg limit with couriers so you have to move up to logistics companies and freight forwarders of which there are plenty around. Expect to pay dearly though. I think FedEx and DHL take at least 25kg on the airplanes but you might do better on boats where the volumetric allowance is much more favorable.

There are a variety of volumetric calculators online and you can choose what kind of carrier and get different results. The worst is an airplane but i think you already knew that.

Im getting email spam from China carriers advertising as low as RM2/kg but thats outgoing from China. The point here being that I wasnt getting them before now which means things may be opening up. As soon as travel resumes normally the prices will drop. "Open" countries means open shipping too and steadily the countries are dropping MCO, SOP, etc etc etc.

This post has been edited by ChasV: Feb 24 2022, 02:57 PM
Kairi52474
post Feb 24 2022, 05:36 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(ChasV @ Feb 24 2022, 02:47 PM)
Its the whole world not just Malaysia and its been a long time since volumetric started. I understand the reasons for it but its been abused for the purpose of money. There are many times its not needed and they do it anyway, like a letter in an envelope. The basic way to combat this is to work to have no difference in weight or volumetric weight, like you said, which you do my adding more goods to fill the airspace and/or to reduce the size of the package, and to not have anything inside that doesnt belong, like heavy packing material.

My usual need is the 150g and 250g Flexipak which in the good old days I used daily and this will never come back due to the extreme charges now which my customers wont pay. I reopened my shop yesterday but expect no business. Because im out of business two years already, im really on the rocks now and will leave. But I cant leave because there is no shipping available for household goods and equipment. I cant even get quotations for anything. I went to a courier near me in Penang, Line Clear, because they advertise "international pallets" but they just laughed at me. Goods can come in but they cant go out?? WTH?

On your east malaysia shipment, as I know at the moment there is a 10kg limit with couriers so you have to move up to logistics companies and freight forwarders of which there are plenty around. Expect to pay dearly though. I think FedEx and DHL take at least 25kg on the airplanes but you might do better on boats where the volumetric allowance is much more favorable.

There are a variety of volumetric calculators online and you can choose what kind of carrier and get different results. The worst is an airplane but i think you already knew that.

Im getting email spam from China carriers advertising as low as RM2/kg but thats outgoing from China. The point here being that I wasnt getting them before now which means things may be opening up. As soon as travel resumes normally the prices will drop. "Open" countries means open shipping too and steadily the countries are dropping MCO, SOP, etc etc etc.
Which is why I'm asking which company. Risk of fakes/ripoff etc so I'm asking directly which are used by people.

Also like I said I've only ever bought from japan to malaysia, no matter is EMS or airmail or seamail, they weigh by actual weight. The only restriction is within 30kg and the total length/diametric is within 1.5 meter or something. Who tf cares how big it is that's very unfair to consumers. The only time I heard about this is when I had to exchange something, and poslaju charged me RM200+ near RM300 for volumetric while if it's japan to malaysia it'd be within RM100 for the actual weight. Pissed off so bad that day.
ChasV
post Feb 25 2022, 09:54 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(davykids @ Jan 8 2022, 09:24 AM)
Hi Guy, I am looking to import some kitchen tools from overseas online shopping. A kitchen chef knife . Estimated value is around USD139.
Will I get taxed for this? And if so, how much and what is the procedure requried to get it out of customs?
The import duty-free limit is US125 so your choice is to have the seller make the customs declaration and invoice at a low price like US50, or if declared at full value POS will contact you to either come to the POS and pay duty OR leave in your mailbox a customs notice to go to customs. There at customs, you will be taken into a room for inspection of the contents, discussion of the invoice that should be in the box, and the officer will write a receipt which you will take with the box to the payment counter. Then you pay and leave. I dont know the rate, its possible there is no duty on kitchen items but there may or may not be sales tax of 10%.
Kairi52474
post Feb 25 2022, 02:13 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(ChasV @ Feb 25 2022, 11:01 AM)
Its impossible for you to know the Japan shipper unless you specify with the seller what carrier you want, then the seller has to abide by those rules like weight limits. When you are outgoing from Malaysia, you can choose everything but its impossible for me to tell you who is good or not or what their internal restrictions are, you have to start calling around. Its highly doubtful there are fake couriers or forwarders but there are differences in prices and limits. Mostly the problems are that they marinate shipments until they fill containers so shipping may not be express. Look up freight forwarders on google and start calling. There is no one best wonderful company.

Im not against volumetric if its not abused. If you are shipping a tube that weighs 1kg but is 100 meters long, does it seem fair to anyone that you only pay RM7 to send somewhere and requires two lorries to move it? Or, you make a roll cage for a race car. It weighs 75kg but takes up a whole 20ft container. Is it fair that you pay RM500 for the weight but someone dedicates a whole shipping container they could otherwise sell for RM5000? Who is going to do that? Maybe the real question should be, why dont shipping companies figure out more efficient ways to ship weird weight-to-size ratio objects? Likely they wont try as long as there is someone willing to pay what they ask instead. You did.

Whats fair or unfair in volumetric depends on whats being shipped. I recently shipped a large table to KL and the quote was quite high. So I took it apart and shipped in multiple parcels and the final price was much lower because I was getting close to having no wasted space AND having each parcel not weigh much as well. I also was buying a step stool to take with me and the seller quoted a high price for shipping. I asked him to take it apart to make it extremely compact to save on shipping, even divide in two parcels and he refused, citing time and laziness. So the seller could have saved me money and he made the choice not to even though volumetric would have worked to my advantage. Volumetric CAN be used to reduce charges to the weight if you know how to pack FOR volumetric. In your case, can your furniture be taken apart to ship within the limits of the couriers and compactly? Thats how to beat the problem. How do people suppose IKEA ships across the world and still sells pretty cheap? Kits! Parts! Pieces!
Only read the first sentence, I didn't read any of your long ass essay, unrelated to my original question and you're just spamming shit that I don't care about. Just f off if you're gonna waste my time. Asking for specifics and kena this shitty troll. The japan thing I already told the truth you die also want to talk back. Whatever la u piece of shit u think u very pro just keep thinking that then mlm
ChasV
post Feb 26 2022, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(Chanwsan @ Jan 23 2022, 02:37 AM)
I cannot advise without knowing your destination location, but you can head to Pos Malaysia's website to use their postage calculator yourself. What I do know is, ever since they hiked their fee on the pretext of the pandemic, international mail starts at a minimum of RM3, while registered service (for tracking) is at a whopping RM10.50 on top of postage.
There are two kinds of tracking, 10.50 is tracking to KLIA and for 13.50 you get to the first destination, like Los Angeles Customs. And you cannot track online when it gets to the foreign country. For solid gold prices you cant even track to the recipients door which to me is a ripoff but at least 13.50 gets you a bit further than the airport.

This post has been edited by ChasV: Feb 26 2022, 04:56 PM
Chanwsan
post Feb 26 2022, 05:44 PM

सोहम
976 posts

QUOTE(ChasV @ Feb 26 2022, 04:36 PM)
There are two kinds of tracking, 10.50 is tracking to KLIA and for 13.50 you get to the first destination, like Los Angeles Customs. And you cannot track online when it gets to the foreign country.  For solid gold prices you cant even track to the recipients door which to me is a ripoff but at least 13.50 gets you a bit further than the airport.
That's what those big branch clerks told me too when I opted for the cheaper tracking (RM4.50 that time). Kept telling me only track until KLIA, but I know for sure it tracks all the way until recipient because the dude in mini pos assured me that it does track till recipient, and my experiences did prove so.

Don't know about now since they do seem to play a lot of patterns in the name of pandemic
Chastain
post Mar 25 2022, 11:17 AM

Casual
430 posts

Dunno if this is related or not.

Buying stuff using Touch N Go app.

Delivery chargers RM3.80

Lower rates compared to delivery charges via Shopee, Lazada etc.?
ChasV
post Mar 25 2022, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(Chanwsan @ Feb 26 2022, 05:44 PM)
That's what those big branch clerks told me too when I opted for the cheaper tracking (RM4.50 that time). Kept telling me only track until KLIA, but I know for sure it tracks all the way until recipient because the dude in mini pos assured me that it does track till recipient, and my experiences did prove so.

Don't know about now since they do seem to play a lot of patterns in the name of pandemic
In my case they never told me anything. I only recently learned the difference. I should have added one more line that yes there is a tracking record all the way to the recipient but its not visible and requires work. Previously in the thread, year ago or something, I said if you want tracking of the (4.50) variety in US, you have to call USPS where you will be told it cant be tracked but you keep trying and eventually you will get on to a person who will look up the number and locate the package. Over the years I called many times and also got emailed Proof of Delivery with the parcel signed for by the recipient. All for rm4.50. The reason for my post was that the average person wont see the tracking on a website and wont spend an hour on the phone to US to get it. Before the Universal Postal Union changed the rules based on complaints from US against Malaysia, tracking was visible all the way. I think that changed in 2017 or 2018. So, I thought it was odd that POS said it was only tracked to KLIA to get people to simply pay more money for what was the same service. That said, the rm13.50 LP tracking WILL get you more visible tracking and you wont be told it cant be tracked when it gets to US. Considering the hundreds of wasted phone hours ive spent its worth it to me to have as much EASY tracking as I can get. When a customer emails me to ask where their package is right now they have no idea how hard it is to answer them.
ChasV
post Mar 25 2022, 08:14 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(Chastain @ Mar 25 2022, 11:17 AM)
Dunno if this is related or not.

Buying stuff using Touch N Go app.

Delivery chargers RM3.80

Lower rates compared to delivery charges via Shopee, Lazada etc.?
Looks the same to me. I just paid 3.80 for Lazada, the same on Shopee was 4.60, both via PC/bank. But is that accurate info? Shipping is very confusing on all the platforms because the sellers can subsidize and so can the sites owners. Free shipping on Shopee via the app and over $15, someone is subsidizing so its hard to say Touch n Go is cheaper or not.

This post has been edited by ChasV: Mar 25 2022, 08:17 PM
viqq
post Apr 2 2022, 10:40 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

Hi sifus, I've operated my Shopee shop which is based in Sabah / East Malaysia for about half a year or so now, but always kena hit hard by these so called shipping fees eh..

When I enter the size and weight in the product, it doesn't match with the actual shipping fess. I got a loss of -RM14 when sending out a pack of noodles to my customer which is estimated to be around 800g.

I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to pack the items as i was late already for the shipment, so I paid RM3.40 for the S size box from JnT and put the noodles in the box and the boss gave me some thin plastic to wrap the noodles.

To my surprise, I was charged RM26.00 (after dropping the item) for the pack of noodles which cost RM21.20 itself. Buyer paid RM10 for the shipping, so after deducting the fees and stuff all I get back in RM3.00. I felt like I got scammed.

I am very reluctant to sell my products on shopee these days and sometimes I just had to click out of stock just because I am afraid of the shipping charges. I am still in dilemma whether to close down the shop but i spent a lot of sweat and money to build the ratings.

Do you guys face any issues with the shipping fees? Is it that we can only sell light and small products only to make a profit on shopee?

This post has been edited by viqq: Apr 2 2022, 10:43 PM
ben3003
post May 5 2022, 04:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

Nowadays is it alot phone call from those courier company automated one say got parcel not yet collect ask u call them back?

Like tat also can scam ka? Lol. If parcel no collect ma no collect, auto return to sender right?
ktek
post May 5 2022, 06:08 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(ben3003 @ May 5 2022, 04:31 PM)
Nowadays is it alot phone call from those courier company automated one say got parcel not yet collect ask u call them back?

Like tat also can scam ka? Lol. If parcel no collect ma no collect, auto return to sender right?
we must careful
SUSlameboy57 P
post May 14 2022, 12:29 AM

Probation
3 posts

Can trust one meh? rclxub.gif

92 Pages « < 88 89 90 91 92 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:27 PM