Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Courier services in Malaysia, ... 18 in the list now

views

Chanwsan
post May 25 2022, 01:36 PM

सोहम
976 posts

QUOTE(viqq @ Apr 2 2022, 10:40 PM)
Hi sifus, I've operated my Shopee shop which is based in Sabah / East Malaysia for about half a year or so now, but always kena hit hard by these so called shipping fees eh..

When I enter the size and weight in the product, it doesn't match with the actual shipping fess. I got a loss of -RM14 when sending out a pack of noodles to my customer which is estimated to be around 800g.

I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to pack the items as i was late already for the shipment, so I paid RM3.40 for the S size box from JnT and put the noodles in the box and the boss gave me some thin plastic to wrap the noodles.

To my surprise, I was charged RM26.00 (after dropping the item) for the pack of noodles which cost RM21.20 itself. Buyer paid RM10 for the shipping, so after deducting the fees and stuff all I get back in RM3.00. I felt like I got scammed.

I am very reluctant to sell my products on shopee these days and sometimes I just had to click out of stock just because I am afraid of the shipping charges. I am still in dilemma whether to close down the shop but i spent a lot of sweat and money to build the ratings.

Do you guys face any issues with the shipping fees? Is it that we can only sell light and small products only to make a profit on shopee?
The thing with J&T is that they really do enforce volumetric weight, not just actual weight. That's the most probable reason why your shipping got "overcharged" so much. Sellers have to input the volumetric weight of the package size, not item size to avoid such nasty surprises
viqq
post May 25 2022, 04:24 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

QUOTE(Chanwsan @ May 25 2022, 01:36 PM)
The thing with J&T is that they really do enforce volumetric weight, not just actual weight. That's the most probable reason why your shipping got "overcharged" so much. Sellers have to input the volumetric weight of the package size, not item size to avoid such nasty surprises
Doesn't work for us Sabahan sellers bro, if we set the weight "correctly", our price wouldn't be able to maintain a competitive price. Same goes to KL sellers trying to sell items to Sabah. They are actually making a loss I believe. The shopee system only benefit west malaysia side most of the time.

It's so bad to an extend that I'm actually considering closing down the shopee shop. Their motto should be "Shocking Fees" instead of "No shipping fees"
Chanwsan
post May 25 2022, 05:01 PM

सोहम
976 posts

QUOTE(viqq @ May 25 2022, 04:24 PM)
Doesn't work for us Sabahan sellers bro, if we set the weight "correctly", our price wouldn't be able to maintain a competitive price. Same goes to KL sellers trying to sell items to Sabah. They are actually making a loss I believe. The shopee system only benefit west malaysia side most of the time.

It's so bad to an extend that I'm actually considering closing down the shopee shop. Their motto should be "Shocking Fees" instead of "No shipping fees"
I get you and understand your frustration, but that's how JnT roll when it comes to volumetric weight enforcement, doesn't matter if it's through shopee or individual. I once experienced the same when my packaging size turned out to be larger than declared, but of course the shock wasn't as bad since it was just within WM. Not sure if it'd be an option for you, but I know Poslaju wasn't as strict in enforcing volumetric weight.
viqq
post May 25 2022, 07:26 PM

Jagger
1,818 posts

QUOTE(Chanwsan @ May 25 2022, 05:01 PM)
I get you and understand your frustration, but that's how JnT roll when it comes to volumetric weight enforcement, doesn't matter if it's through shopee or individual. I once experienced the same when my packaging size turned out to be larger than declared, but of course the shock wasn't as bad since it was just within WM. Not sure if it'd be an option for you, but I know Poslaju wasn't as strict in enforcing volumetric weight.
PosLaju is slightly better but less convenient in our places. JnT is expanding rapidly in Sabah. I got charged RM10 for sending a pack of Kopi O no sugar by JnT today to Sarawak , I didn't add any fancy packaging, just bubble wrapped it so I guess the measurement after my "packaging" wouldn't be too far away from a normal pack of coffee.

Sometimes, it's the specific branch that is overcharging shipping fees, I had good experience with another JnT branch.
rnsamln22 P
post May 28 2022, 08:34 PM

Probation
3 posts

HI, how to add new post here?
ChasV
post Jun 5 2022, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(rnsamln22 @ May 28 2022, 08:34 PM)
HI, how to add new post here?
You just did.
ChasV
post Jun 5 2022, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Pos Laju is easier and also cheaper. A few years ago they were very strict about volumetric but lately they dont even both measuring if you go in or do through Easy Parcel online. You just weigh it, print the waybill, put half on the package and drop the other half with your package at the outlet. Thats it.
God Grid
post Jun 14 2022, 10:41 AM

29 posts

What is wrong with J&T anyway? The item already arrived at the branch near me, but they are still not delivering it. It's been there for 1 week. Really speechless.
gavankun
post Jun 14 2022, 11:13 AM

2 posts

I am using this platform https://delyva.com/my to book couriers depending on my customer's location as courier performances are different depending on their location.

So far, I like how I can choose my own courier, and they will pickup my package which is convenient. Maybe you guys can try.

Of course la there are issues that are beyond their control when the problem came from the courier themself.

This is just a way for me to minimize the issue from couriers
ChasV
post Jun 14 2022, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

There are different issues with shipping and weight is one of them. I dont think it matters which courier but if your parcel weighs 1.1kg you will be charged for 2.0kg. In a shipping form and calculator you may not see it so you get charged later on your account. Thats happened to everyone I know. Pos Laju does it, GDEx, easyparcel too. Weigh the parcels and charge a customer to the next whole number.

Pos Laju doesnt seem to care about volumetric because they dont ask measurements online but you might be charged later if they measure after package drop-off. It might be a good idea to use a volumetric calculator online to stay within pricing limits and to avoid surprises later. Its not a problem on normal packages, just odd shapes like a banquet table box. Otherwise ask questions at a Pos Laju or other office.
FusionXY
post Sep 25 2022, 10:45 PM

LAZZIE ON VACATION
3,698 posts

Can I use Pos Laju for J&T courier?
NoSheep
post Nov 2 2022, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Is Lalamove considered as courier services? Lalamove driver's does his job well.
brendankay
post Mar 4 2023, 02:34 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(NoSheep @ Nov 2 2022, 08:26 PM)
Is Lalamove considered as courier services? Lalamove driver's does his job well.
Lalamove is considered as on demand delivery, because unlike courier which takes at least a day to deliver the items to receiver, Lalamove delivers the items right after the parcel hands out, and calculates delivery charges depending on distance from the sender to receiver.

Hope this helps.
ben3003
post Mar 14 2023, 05:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,604 posts

hi, anyone know any sea freight services that can help pick up and send to china? Wanna ship 2 cartons of stuffs to china. It is aerosol so cant use air freight.
jichuen
post Jul 26 2023, 03:14 PM

On my way
627 posts

Hi all, I am currently using easyparcel, like many, i cant finish my credit before expiry.

I have about RM600 left, should any of you be keen to share my credit please do not hesitate to reach out!
Your interest and help will be very much appreciated.

NoSheep
post Aug 10 2023, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

bump for own ref.
Sunshape
post Aug 30 2023, 07:31 PM

Casual
306 posts

Pgeon service is worst. Avoid to use them at all.

If you are first time using them, they will deliver your goods within 1 day. Once you trust them, the next shipments will be delayed till 3-5working days.

This post has been edited by Sunshape: Sep 12 2023, 12:25 AM
NoComment222
post Sep 14 2023, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
214 posts

I am looking at GDex, Lalamove and DHL. My requirement is sending AND collecting documents of multiple sizes (can be boxes of files too). in this case, which is best to contract with?
DC87
post Sep 14 2023, 11:49 AM

19 posts

Hi anyone can share which courier service suitable to send product that easy to melt? chocolates for example.
BeadsCrazee
post Sep 24 2023, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Is there anymore economy parcel by pos malaysia nowadays? I need to send a parcel weight 11kg from kl to Sarawak. The send parcel option at the pos malaysia page calculated the postage at rm170. Few years back I can still send parcel by sea with a tracking number at cheap price. Is it unavailable now?

92 Pages « < 89 90 91 92 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:07 AM