98 Pages « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Mac servicing, emergency tips, General knowledge on Mac issues

views

yang2910
post Jan 10 2017, 01:19 AM

Audiophilic Member
785 posts

I having problem with my macbook pro retina 13 inch... no internal display. Its working fine when connecting to the external display. holding d when starting the mac to do the diagnose and it shows vdf004 - there may be an issue with the display. I suspect its the vlds cable part that got damaged...is it possible to swap just the vlds cable on the macbook or do i have to change the whole display assembly?
post Jan 24 2017, 06:42 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

Hi, I googled online, most people say this is related to the ssd. What should I do? If I need to send it for fixing, which reseller would you guys recommend? Thx.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
livesnextd00r
post Mar 13 2017, 09:53 AM

5 posts

Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster in this thread.

So the universe had aligned itself against me. Whatever cosmic power that be, had cause my brand new iPhone 7 to fall out of my pocket and landed about 2 feet flat on the floor. Lo and behold, my tempered glass remained unscathed. The twist, the screen of the iPhone itself was not as lucky. Cracked all over. Now I didn't think this a big a deal. Cracks and iPhones are so
common, it's almost synonymous. Adds character I'd say. But thing is, its cracked in such a way that its impeding upon my typing ability. So much so it's become a nuisance.

So I'm wondering where can a fellow apple user go to have his screen repaired or exchanged in the Damansara/Petaling Jaya area without hopefully spending an arm and a leg?

I was thinking apple centre but it'd be pricey and I have no idea regarding the warranty on this phone as I received it as a gift.

So please help a brother out! Any and all suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and cheers in advance.

This post has been edited by livesnextd00r: Mar 13 2017, 09:54 AM
TSwei
post Mar 13 2017, 10:07 AM

Get your Macs done right!
6,491 posts

QUOTE(livesnextd00r @ Mar 13 2017, 09:53 AM)
Hello everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster in this thread.

So the universe had aligned itself against me. Whatever cosmic power that be, had cause my brand new iPhone 7 to fall out of my pocket and landed about 2 feet flat on the floor. Lo and behold, my tempered glass remained unscathed. The twist, the screen of the iPhone itself was not as lucky. Cracked all over. Now I didn't think this a big a deal. Cracks and iPhones are so
common, it's almost synonymous. Adds character I'd say. But thing is, its cracked in such a way that its impeding upon my typing ability. So much so it's become a nuisance.

So I'm wondering where can a fellow apple user go to have his screen repaired or exchanged in the Damansara/Petaling Jaya area without hopefully spending an arm and a leg? 

I was thinking apple centre but it'd be pricey and I have no idea regarding the warranty on this phone as I received it as a gift.

So please help a brother out! Any and all suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and cheers in advance.
Hi, firstly, this topic are for Mac, you might get better respond from the iPhone sub-forum.
There are plenty of places offer 3rd party iPhone repair. Be vary on the parts they using. Especially model with biometric sensor.
fusionnetx
post Mar 16 2017, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

hi,

any website that is safe to download the previous version of mac osx? i'm looking for yosemite.

thanks for the reply.
TSwei
post Mar 17 2017, 09:54 AM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(fusionnetx @ Mar 16 2017, 02:23 PM)
hi,

any website that is safe to download the previous version of mac osx? i'm looking for yosemite.

thanks for the reply.
Safest would be direct from Apple, you need a valid AppleID that previously downloaded the version before. Then you can re-download it from "Purchased" section of AppStore.
fusionnetx
post Mar 28 2017, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Mar 17 2017, 09:54 AM)
Safest would be direct from Apple, you need a valid AppleID that previously downloaded the version before. Then you can re-download it from "Purchased" section of AppStore.
i bought a used 2010 mac pro, latest i have el-capitan.. really want to try revert back to osx yosemite.
Dirty
post Mar 31 2017, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(3825968 @ Jan 24 2017, 06:42 PM)
Hi, I googled online, most people say this is related to the ssd. What should I do? If I need to send it for fixing, which reseller would you guys recommend? Thx.
If you are still looking for service provider. We are one of the reputable service provider in the market. You may PM me for more info smile.gif
ssyy
post Apr 4 2017, 12:55 PM

Casual
446 posts

Hi, i am using MBP 13 inch Mid 2012. Having it since early 2013. Last year, due to hard disk problem, ive changed to SSD 512GB. Running smoothly until recently, whenever I move the laptop, it will freeze and restart. Sometimes, blue/white horizontal/vertical lines appear on the screen. Brought to third party shop, and they said its logic board prob. May I know how much is the usual cost to repair/replace the logic board?
Dirty
post Apr 4 2017, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(ssyy @ Apr 4 2017, 12:55 PM)
Hi, i am using MBP 13 inch Mid 2012. Having it since early 2013. Last year, due to hard disk problem, ive changed to SSD 512GB. Running smoothly until recently, whenever I move the laptop, it will freeze and restart. Sometimes, blue/white horizontal/vertical lines appear on the screen. Brought to third party shop, and they said its logic board prob. May I know how much is the usual cost to repair/replace the logic board?
Ssvy, I have sent you a PM smile.gif
TSwei
post Apr 4 2017, 01:53 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(ssyy @ Apr 4 2017, 12:55 PM)
You might want to send in for another check. And if the unit been dropped or any kind of big impact before. Repair or replacement depends what is wrong with the board itself.
DeeC
post Apr 5 2017, 10:43 PM

3 posts

Guys, any idea how much to repair Macbook Air (13 inch, Early 2014).
Estimate price. Thank you.
Dirty
post Apr 5 2017, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

QUOTE(DeeC @ Apr 5 2017, 10:43 PM)
Guys, any idea how much to repair Macbook Air (13 inch, Early 2014).
Estimate price. Thank you.
Already PM you smile.gif
mactreouser
post Apr 20 2017, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,451 posts

Hi Guru Wei,
My Mac Pro 3,1 year 2008 having Start Up problem recently (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4268972).

Google around, found some troubleshooting tips and messed around for a week, problem remained!

Issue: Powered On the Switch, click sound ring, then Graphic Card's Fan spin, after a second, Mac Pro turned Off!

Hope to receive your advices before send this Sumo to repair/diagnose.

Thanks for help!
TSwei
post Apr 20 2017, 04:38 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(mactreouser @ Apr 20 2017, 04:28 PM)
Hi Guru Wei,
My Mac Pro 3,1 year 2008 having Start Up problem recently (https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4268972).

Google around, found some troubleshooting tips and messed around for a week, problem remained!

Issue: Powered On the Switch, click sound ring, then Graphic Card's Fan spin, after a second, Mac Pro turned Off!

Hope to receive your advices before send this Sumo to repair/diagnose.

Thanks for help!
It need to be diagnosed if you have already tried troubleshooting it yourself.
mactreouser
post Apr 20 2017, 07:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,451 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Apr 20 2017, 04:38 PM)
It need to be diagnosed if you have already tried troubleshooting it yourself.
Oh... I see. As your experiences, will my case high possibility caused by PSU failure? And, btw, for diagnosis procedure, how much around it cost nowadays?

Many thanks!

**update: left it for whole day, just now turned it on... Chime once... but after Chime was ring, immediately turned off. Then, problem remained again.

This post has been edited by mactreouser: Apr 20 2017, 09:55 PM
TSwei
post Apr 21 2017, 09:51 AM

6,491 posts

We are unsure what is wrong, that is the reason for diagnosis. Usually PSU failure the Mac would not even power on.
mactreouser
post Apr 21 2017, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,451 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Apr 21 2017, 09:51 AM)
We are unsure what is wrong, that is the reason for diagnosis. Usually PSU failure the Mac would not even power on.
Thanks Wei, that was what I think so, it's Logic!
Then, only possibility is Logic Board now?
TSwei
post Apr 21 2017, 03:40 PM

6,491 posts

QUOTE(mactreouser @ Apr 21 2017, 11:10 AM)
Thanks Wei,  that was what I think so, it's Logic!
Then, only possibility is Logic Board now?
Could be GPU, Processor, Memory as well. Many reason for it to behave such.
mactreouser
post Apr 21 2017, 04:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,451 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Apr 21 2017, 03:40 PM)
Could be GPU, Processor, Memory as well. Many reason for it to behave such.
Oh... I see. As your view, 2008, worth to repair?

98 Pages « < 82 83 84 85 86 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:53 AM