QUOTE(rayzy22 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:41 PM)
how to have multiple map in garmin xt?i've search in this thread and google it but can't understand (yes i'm slowpoke) how to rename it using mapsource.You had malsing map right. There are all the information you need over there.
In the Garmin folder, where you've installed GMXT, you can have:
1) gmapbmap.img = Base Map or World Map, so that you can see the lands and the seas.
2) gmapsupp.img = Any country's map. e.g. MSM, MFM, CN Singapore NT, etc.
3) gmapsup2.img = An additional map.
4) gmapprom.img = Another additional map.
You can have one more map from another storage.
* If you've installed GMXT in your unit, which mean Garmin folder is in your device, then create a folder name Garmin in the root of your Storage Card.
* If you had GMXT installed in your Storage Card, then create it in the root of your device.
Here, you can put in one more gmapsupp.img, other names will not work.
So total you can have four maps at once, not including Base Map.
No need to rename with mapsource, just rename will do.