Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

►►►SAMSUNG OMNIA™ V3◄◄◄, Omnia means "everything"

views

Maximp
post Mar 23 2009, 08:22 PM

On my way
656 posts

anyone having problem with maxis line?
it seems that the network operator sometimes having problem unable to make any incoming or outgoing sms and calls
Maximp
post Mar 23 2009, 08:25 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(gryp_enigma @ Mar 23 2009, 08:23 PM)
iyah is normal la. i always receive sms saying miss call here n there la. pathetic..
i not talking about that ...
Maximp
post Mar 24 2009, 01:32 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(tercupee @ Mar 24 2009, 12:58 PM)
refugeez,
turk v4.2, sending files using bluetooth no problem,
only receiving that s**ks
taril roms works fine no problem receiving file from BT, but having this problem in previous rom

This post has been edited by Maximp: Mar 24 2009, 05:17 PM
Maximp
post Mar 24 2009, 05:27 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(Ryeeson @ Mar 24 2009, 05:16 PM)
Hai all,

Do you all notice that if you turn off your volume and later turn it on, the ringing volume will be much less compare to before you switch to silent mode?

PDA:DXIA2
PHONE:DXIA2
yups~ it also happens when u unable to reach someone or ur line dropped, but its ok again after a while
Maximp
post Mar 25 2009, 01:08 AM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(natzakaria @ Mar 25 2009, 12:06 AM)
I know what NOT to recommend - Mobile Turk
It hangs - screen goes blank and to only way to get it going again is by reflashing to a different ROM.
This turkish shite sux big time and I for one will never ever go the turkish route ever again.
Stick with the tried and tested - Taril's or Qbus and you wont go wrong.
shhh we got turcuppe bro that fans of mobile turk~ quite stable actually only the older version hangs
instead qbus sometimes hang
Maximp
post Mar 25 2009, 08:40 AM

On my way
656 posts

taril rom = same as orignal firmware but with addon tweak to make this rom very fast and smooth

turk rom = packed with apps and games

qbus= in between of both rom, its clean rom without most of the original things in the firmwre and added with others apps and tweak

i personally prefer taril rom after trying most of the rom, so far stable and battery life also long lasting. screen also sensitive and not lagging

This post has been edited by Maximp: Mar 25 2009, 08:43 AM
Maximp
post Mar 25 2009, 09:35 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(refugeez86 @ Mar 25 2009, 02:53 PM)
sum1 here using taril rom?
hows the notification widget?
he already fix it?
im using taril, but the notification widget no problem for me although some people in forum says it doesn't notifies the user...weird
Maximp
post Mar 26 2009, 12:35 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(refugeez86 @ Mar 26 2009, 12:12 AM)
hurmm dats weird..y i use taril rom but the widget problem to me..
u use online widget or juz original widget?
im using online widget, because got several apps i needed hehe
Maximp
post Mar 26 2009, 05:08 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(mmmbop @ Mar 26 2009, 04:47 PM)
You know what? If I'm the mod..I'll ban u for life. no offence but could you please..please R.E.A.D..?

yes, at least read the first post..if you are too lazy..
sorry guys..I just can't stand newbie flooding repeating questions..hey even I'm a newbie as well..but being ignorance? sigh

sorry mod for this nonsense post..
Anyway..any clue when the latest ROM will be officially available as someone here said samsung will? I don't want to change to IA5 only to know the next day a new one has already up
huh? why must ban when talking about s2u2? a freeware what
Maximp
post Apr 8 2009, 01:27 AM

On my way
656 posts

arh no more taril roms~~~ sad.gif
Maximp
post Apr 8 2009, 02:03 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(mmmbop @ Apr 8 2009, 10:55 AM)

Several of the problems that I haven't found a way to solve it:

1. Touch player sometimes shut down itself when played in full screen mode. Could it be due to memory leak?

2. Video recording in MMS mode depends on what? program memory? because it seems that the lower the ROM, the shorter duration of MMS I can take right now..any workaround on this?

3. Streaming player - I have never use it succesfully..usually it says time-out..I end up using coreplayer instead to watch youtube..how come others can?

4. Not a problem of the omnia per se.. but I would love to know whether when someone calls us, the etiquette pause can be prolonged even when we face the phone again.right now it will stay ringing even we move the phone an inch towards us.
Kinda envy 5800 has this feature that stay silent even you look at the screen. This way we can have the option to see who's calling, and whether to reject or ignore
1. touch player hangs? never encounter unless the video resolution too high~~ but 640 X 480 should be ok~ anything more than that will caused lagging, another reason probably the codec, for video playing the best is still use coreplayer.

2. video recording usually unlimited, if u recording only not sending, but when sending mms will got limited time and file size, just like ur sms limitation

3. streaming player not suitable to run flv files from youtube, unless its a mobile youtube that plays 3gp format

4. so far nope no alternative~

hope those answers ur questions
Maximp
post Apr 9 2009, 12:42 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(mmmbop @ Apr 9 2009, 09:07 AM)
Gee..thanks.. rclxms.gif no 3 explained the things..but well just imagine, the name itself is streaming player..of course ppl will confuse..since it suppose to do it's job.."streaming" smile.gif

1. Nope..not hang..but close itself..but only when i play in fullscreen mode..problem is, it doesn't happen everytime. usually, the next time I play it will be fine..almost the same case like camera last time la - when it cannot take pic due to so-called low memory, sometimes ok sometimes not.

2. but still, to what extent is the limitation? currently, at most I can take only 3sec of MMS only..so malu.. cry.gif ..my previous cheaper phones can take much longer than that..

4. Thanks..but I think probably we can mod the registry..just not sure and dare to do it..
no3. yup but streaming externally flash adobe codec is not free for mobile phone unlike flash player i think thats why the builtin streaming player not supporting the format, the major file for streaming is still 3gp format. this one need ask our sifu sifu that know well things about these. normally youtube can be viewed direct from web browser hehe

1. low memory problem no idea, never encounter such, but from what i know, you better check if u got sync media files or not, sometimes if u open windows media player which using active sync will caused them to automatically snyc music files into ur phone memory (not into ur my storage but in ur default folder)

2. never counted those video file size i sent, but surely more than 3 sec, did you try do some setting to mms?
u go ur messaging > mms option > go to the end got one option "compose" > change ur mms class to moderate video > then go to "sending" option change message size to 295k instead of 95k
Maximp
post Apr 9 2009, 10:00 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(Ryeeson @ Apr 9 2009, 05:21 PM)
Guys,

Anyone use Taril's rom here? he is quitting macado. i decided to go on with official rom. Before he left,he deleted all the first step firmware guide.

The first step firmware guide is supposed to overcome the "incorrect software version"..

lol.
Anyone have the links to his rom for that particular step?
his first step nothing in particular just asking you to update to the latest firmware from samsung then only install his rom,
but if you already successful installing his rom no need bother about the first step stuff anymore
i been using every taril rom smile.gif

Added on April 9, 2009, 10:09 pm
QUOTE(mmmbop @ Apr 9 2009, 02:36 PM)
I don't know.usually when I click the video, the streaming player will pop up.so I was forced to use that player instead.

1. I'm pretty sure I haven't sync media before when this problem happen.nvm thanks anyway. still have coreplayer and windows player when touch player down.

2. Oh yeah..tqvm..I forgot to change the setting after ROM update..meaning I get back the same duration like last time.which is only 11 sec..pretty mediocre to me actually compared to other phones
On the signal/data booster..anyone have any idea whether such application exists? I realized with soft reset, signal will be better.mostly due to the receiver trying hard from reboot to get the best signal..but when idle sometimes even G cannot be detected.. shocking.gif
hehe then cant help u about streaming player tongue.gif~ i usually just use the built in opera to play streaming files

yup thats good, at least u can send 11 sec of mms video now~ smile.gif , other phone how long i not sure, but i know got size limitation only haha

This post has been edited by Maximp: Apr 9 2009, 10:09 PM
Maximp
post Apr 10 2009, 12:26 AM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(lhongwuh @ Apr 9 2009, 10:46 PM)
@refugeez86
5 days??sure bo?
anyone else can last for 5days?
i also very sure can last 5 days lol~

daily routine such as
-----
at least 1 hour 30min on phone each day
10 sms per day..probably not a sms lover~
several min wifi for checking mail
gps depends seldom use unless travel
music playing once in a while but wont be long

my phone charge every 5 days ~ im using taril dxia5 for your information smile.gif~

This post has been edited by Maximp: Apr 10 2009, 12:28 AM
Maximp
post Apr 10 2009, 06:33 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(twlau @ Apr 10 2009, 02:04 PM)
very weird,
3rd battery bar last for 18 hours,
(1st bar 20hours, 2nd bar 5 hours)
seem like the battery indicator isn't that accurate enough,
each bar has difference standby time (i already control the usage, make it consistent).
... continue observing ...

yup, each time after i use it, i will kill all the background app,
before lock the keypad.
how u calculate 1st bar = 20 hours anyway? logically the 1 bar will gone in 2 hours if u use a lot gps..hope u get what i mean?

information based on bar will never be accurate its just approximate how much battery we have. its between certain percentage for each gap, ur battery within 100% to 80% will shows as full charge, 2nd bar between 79% to 50% and so on~ the last bar might only show the last 5% of ur power, thats why each bar got different hours

sound confuse, just give u example~ omnia battery bar designer might making each bar as follow 20%, 30%,20%,25%,5%

that also tell you that from the bar...u wont know how many % battery u have, they just telling u approximately, if u still really want to know...better go ur setting and see the percentage, but that one also not accurate

people who making battery icon will know this thing very well smile.gif

even laptop battery meter were not accurate~

i suggest no need observe based on battery indicator~ just observe from full charging till the phone ask u to charge (usually the phone will notify automatically when there isn't any power left to make calls, and turn the phone into flightmode automatically)

just my dua cent~ hope that explain to you why its not accurate

This post has been edited by Maximp: Apr 10 2009, 06:40 PM
Maximp
post Apr 10 2009, 07:26 PM

On my way
656 posts

u will get map once u got ur 1st satellite view~ smile.gif
nothing wrong, u need to connect ur gps at least once only can get map
Maximp
post Apr 10 2009, 09:49 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(twlau @ Apr 10 2009, 07:56 PM)
ooo... thank.
yup, the bar i talking about is the bar in the setting, not in home page icon.  biggrin.gif
It's just because i always think that high spec device must has good battery performance also, else it's no use.

how about the flash light at power button problem?
each time when we want to check is there any miss up SMS, we must press a button to light up the LCD?
most PDA can know it from the flashing red LED light.
u mean the blinking light on the power button? seldom use it~

Maximp
post Apr 14 2009, 12:39 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(~ El N!N0 ~ @ Apr 13 2009, 11:30 PM)
@lhongwuh

i don't know whether it's bcoz of the map or not.. hmm.gif when i lock
the satellite it can show the exact location where i am but i can't get it to calculate the route even in the town area.. rclxub.gif
i got the map from here http://gpsmapsearch.com/?l=en
n this is credit to maks pain blog.. notworthy.gif
can sumone pleez clarify whether this map website is complete or not bcoz that is the only map of qatar that i can find..
qatar map i think u should go ask those forums from your country, page they probably know better if the map works or missing roads aka incomplete smile.gif, probably not precise like no roads from your starting location.

basically the gps working fine since you said it able to find your exact location

This post has been edited by Maximp: Apr 14 2009, 12:45 PM
Maximp
post Apr 14 2009, 06:36 PM

On my way
656 posts

sobs sakit hati just dropped my omnia from stairs~ argh my baby calar calar already, my pocket got one big hole~ sigh sigh
Maximp
post Apr 14 2009, 07:49 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(tercupee @ Apr 14 2009, 06:59 PM)
that's very sad, sad.gif yet very funny, smile.gif
hahah,
sorry bro, couldnt help it,
next time be more careful la bro,
its not like a 2-3 ringgit punye barang maaa,
calar already loooh~ arghh
no more 2nd hand value wuuu wuuuuh
still working~ no worry no worry lol

QUOTE(twlau @ Apr 14 2009, 07:22 PM)
so sad,
y didn't use pouch?
can reduce the damage abit if cover by pouch.

i'm finding a nice pouch for my Omnia,
any suggestion?
mine cover by leather pouch~ flip top style
last time bought rm35~ still using until today no wear and tear sign yet

===================================================================
thank god my camera still working fine
user posted image

This post has been edited by Maximp: Apr 14 2009, 08:15 PM

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version