there is no original anime selling in malaysia

views

SUSN's
post Feb 28 2009, 08:24 PM

Regular
1,091 posts

QUOTE(Hisyam91 @ Feb 28 2009, 08:09 PM)
user posted image

That sticker even wrote KPD Tulen bla bla bla..
How the hell did they even get it  sweat.gif
that sticker cost some cent. You want to sell? you have to stick that.
Stormy001_M1A2
post Feb 28 2009, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 28 2009, 07:49 PM)
If the original comes, it will be years& expansive. And almost everyone who is seeing Kara no Kyoukai now downloads it from the net. Bleach too. So you want to wait few years for your bleach episode...

Not everyone can fork out money. Like not everyone can buy Win Xp Pro. But almost everyone use it pirated or not.

So better live with it.
You saying that is okay for me to rob you because I am poor and have to wait for years to get my meal? So you can live with it? Can you?

biggrin.gif

And I just got my Kara no Kyokai DVD 1-3 Limited Edition original. Already placed order for Movie 4 and 5. Because I can.

This post has been edited by Stormy001_M1A2: Feb 28 2009, 08:35 PM
jubz
post Feb 28 2009, 08:40 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Feb 28 2009, 06:49 PM)
Not everyone can fork out money. Like not everyone can buy Win Xp Pro. But almost everyone use it pirated or not.
Actually the right statement is most Malaysians are not willing to fork out money for these stuff.

Then it comes it issue of not being well informed (of what is tulen and 'tulen').

For the average joe who seeks to enjoy random animation now and then, it's ok if they wanna claim it's original. For ppl who know, purchase and deliberately boast about it, it's another story lo. Well, just my opinion anyway.

Cenarius
post Feb 28 2009, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

i got fukken quality of subs when i bought few animes coz lazy download
chibi_tenko
post Feb 28 2009, 08:56 PM

I see. I pinch. I squeeze
1,250 posts

I have given up hope on the 'original' DVDs being sold in Malaysia after I was duped into paying big money for Wolf's Rain OVA (very nice packaging/tulen stickers/yaddayadda) - I fell for the trap and learned from it. It was after that incident that I finally realise that there is no ori anime sold in Malaysia. Well, at least I know for sure that in KL there's none

TSguest18
post Feb 28 2009, 09:03 PM

hisap hisap hisap
2,236 posts

QUOTE(Hisyam91 @ Feb 28 2009, 08:09 PM)
user posted image

That sticker even wrote KPD Tulen bla bla bla..
How the hell did they even get it  sweat.gif
this sticker can be purchased according to my research

Added on February 28, 2009, 9:14 pm
QUOTE(jubz @ Feb 28 2009, 08:40 PM)
Actually the right statement is most Malaysians are not willing to fork out money for these stuff.

Then it comes it issue of not being well informed (of what is tulen and 'tulen').

For the average joe who seeks to enjoy random animation now and then, it's ok if they wanna claim it's original. For ppl who know, purchase and deliberately boast about it, it's another story lo. Well, just my opinion anyway.
the reason why I open this thread is to education and create awareness among anime watcher in malaysia
I hope the support for this piracy to be stop , anymore and they will gain more power and money
they are one of the reason why anime industry is shrinking

imagine you support poacher , sooner or later tiger , ponggoli and many other uniqe flora and fauna to be extinct

I believe in giving somehing to the younger generation rather than selfishly using everything now

QUOTE(Cenarius @ Feb 28 2009, 08:42 PM)
i got fukken quality of subs when i bought few animes coz lazy download
where you get your sub from ?

QUOTE(chibi_tenko @ Feb 28 2009, 08:56 PM)
I have given up hope on the 'original' DVDs being sold in Malaysia after I was duped into paying big money for Wolf's Rain OVA (very nice packaging/tulen stickers/yaddayadda) - I fell for the trap and learned from it. It was after that incident that I finally realise that there is no ori anime sold in Malaysia. Well, at least I know for sure that in KL there's none
*pet pet chibitenko*

alot have been in that trap before , let your experience be warning to those want to buy

This post has been edited by guest18: Feb 28 2009, 09:14 PM
sadako-chan
post Feb 28 2009, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
226 posts

Actually I've seen Odex Animes being sold locally, but since the packaging quality is equivalent to bootlegs, no comments there how you differentiate.. All I know is that if that shop has Odex Titles, it will be more expensive than bootlegs.

Some US publishing house like Viz Media and stuff also available, though really expensive. like 10-20times that of bootleg prices.

Unless there's people here who thinks they can make a living doing legit subs for legit products, don't think anything will happen/change.
Hisyam91
post Feb 28 2009, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

Huh? can get the stickers for few cents?
Wow.. shocking.gif
That's new..
I never know.. sad.gif

Crap,
no wonder the price for 'fake' original seems way near the pure fake price..
Thanks for the info,
Keep away from the stickers huh..

Info,
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=352018
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/451806

Well, i did try googling for 'videostar animation' (distributor)
it ended up, .With This,no other link.
It's Fake..
since the episode was 1-13 with only 2 DVD inside..

*ouch* The moment of truth always hurt.. *ouch*

Still, collecting big box that contain anime DVD sure feels nice(feels like ori) rather than a plain plastic. doh.gif

PS: can show me some real price+link for anime from tokyopop? just curios

This post has been edited by Hisyam91: Feb 28 2009, 09:26 PM
TSguest18
post Feb 28 2009, 09:32 PM

hisap hisap hisap
2,236 posts

QUOTE(Hisyam91 @ Feb 28 2009, 09:23 PM)
Wow..  shocking.gif
That's new..
I never know..  sad.gif

Crap,
no wonder the price for 'fake' original seems way near the pure fake price..
Thanks for the info,
Keep away from the stickers huh..

Info,
http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=352018
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/451806

Well, i did try googling for 'videostar animation' (distributor)
it ended up, .With This,no other link.
It's Fake..
since the episode was 1-13 with only 2 DVD inside..
*ouch* The moment of truth always hurt.. *ouch*

Still, collecting big box that contain anime DVD sure feels nice(feels like ori) rather than a plain plastic.  doh.gif

PS: can show me some real price+link for anime from tokyopop? just curios

http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue...625&method=view

around 200 havent plus tax shipping etc and compare this to local

http://www.animetech.net/dvd/detail.php?co...38E&catalogue=D

can you see the different ?

aspect ratio : madman is 16.9 , animetech is 4.3
disc : madman is 6 , animetech is 3

This post has been edited by guest18: Feb 28 2009, 09:36 PM
flame13th
post Feb 28 2009, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Most Malaysians are cheap.

I am cheap. Therefore, I only buy DVDs from pirated stuffs.
x10amin
post Feb 28 2009, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Notice this long ago but what to do sweat.gif
Hisyam91
post Feb 28 2009, 10:11 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

I wonder why wont they sell it cheaper, and go global.

12800Yen for complete anime,
that's like.. *speechless*
Even some other country goes for bootleg.

Cenarius
post Feb 28 2009, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

QUOTE(guest18 @ Feb 28 2009, 09:03 PM)
i mean, i bought the original anime sold in msia, and the subs were horrible.
chibi_tenko
post Feb 28 2009, 10:48 PM

I see. I pinch. I squeeze
1,250 posts

QUOTE(guest18 @ Feb 28 2009, 09:03 PM)
this sticker can be purchased according to my research

Added on February 28, 2009, 9:14 pm

the reason why I open this thread is to education and create awareness among anime watcher in malaysia
I hope the support for this piracy to be stop , anymore and they will gain more power and money
they are one of the reason why anime industry is shrinking

imagine you support poacher , sooner or later tiger , ponggoli and many other uniqe flora and fauna to be extinct

I believe in giving somehing to the younger generation rather than selfishly using everything now
*pet pet chibitenko*

alot have been in that trap before , let your experience be warning to those want to buy
Kena duped into buying so-called original DVDs is bad enough - adding insult to injury, the subtitles are horrendous! Direct chinese-english translation or nonsensical subs.

Truth be told, I've BTed most of my anime nowadays. *strokes 1TB HDD* Instead of paying money for sub-quality bootlegged DVDs, might as well go for FOC high-quality subs.

BTW, I'm sure most of you guys know that alot (well, most) of the anime OSTs being sold are bootleg OSTs ya? I also learned the hard way after buying the 'original' OSTs from Tower Records. Oh well - I'm wiser now flex.gif

Added on February 28, 2009, 10:51 pm
QUOTE(Hisyam91 @ Feb 28 2009, 09:23 PM)
Wow..  shocking.gif
That's new..
I never know..  sad.gif

whistling.gif You can purchase anything for a price in Malaysia. whistling.gif Stickers are just sap sap sui.

This post has been edited by chibi_tenko: Feb 28 2009, 10:51 PM
miloy2k
post Feb 28 2009, 10:53 PM

[[[[[IMPERIAL ARMY]]]]]
All Stars
14,807 posts

QUOTE(guest18 @ Feb 28 2009, 11:24 AM)
to all those people out there who think they are supporting the industry by buying anime in malaysia , you have been tricked and terribly misinformed .

anime license need to be purchased before you can sell any anime if not they are considered bootleg .

all shop in malaysia I have see so far they are selling bootleg from taiwan or hong kong . just see where they come from . go back home and google the company see if they are licensed to sell anime . I can bet with you they arent .

Im so sick and tired of seeing people buying anime from shop and say Im supporting the industry or Im buying original . if you want original go amazon , odex , madman , tokyopop to buy .

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=352018 <- LordSeta's Guide to identifying Bootleg Anime DVD
based on what average malaysian earning IMO it should be ok they buy "original/legal" animes/tv series rather then downloading only wink.gif

Added on February 28, 2009, 10:56 pmplus in my case if I realy like an anime/tv series i will do both download and buy it

download-easy to watch, quality better...
buy-at least doing something to support "ori" stuff rather then kepo2 only or bias only certain part like support ori games/software/etc.. while pirating other stuff is ok doh.gif

This post has been edited by miloy2k: Feb 28 2009, 10:56 PM
TSguest18
post Feb 28 2009, 11:00 PM

hisap hisap hisap
2,236 posts

QUOTE(chibi_tenko @ Feb 28 2009, 10:48 PM)
Kena duped into buying so-called original DVDs is bad enough - adding insult to injury, the subtitles are horrendous! Direct chinese-english translation or nonsensical subs.

Truth be told, I've BTed most of my anime nowadays. *strokes 1TB HDD* Instead of paying money for sub-quality bootlegged DVDs, might as well go for FOC high-quality subs.

BTW, I'm sure most of you guys know that alot (well, most) of the anime OSTs being sold are bootleg OSTs ya? I also learned the hard way after buying the 'original' OSTs from Tower Records. Oh well - I'm wiser now  flex.gif

Added on February 28, 2009, 10:51 pm
whistling.gif You can purchase anything for a price in Malaysia.  whistling.gif  Stickers are just sap sap sui.
I see before people selling those sultan car badge whistling.gif
kyon22
post Feb 28 2009, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

Got cheated once because of my lack of understanding..
explosive Angel = RM100++
gundam seed = RM79.90
gundam seed destiny = RM100++
dragonball whole season (HK version, cantonese dub) = RM300++ (my dad kena)
shah_ho_nam
post Feb 28 2009, 11:30 PM

らき☆すた
1,317 posts

you know thw original one was released with japanese labels.. plus it won't have any subs for u to read
kyon22
post Feb 28 2009, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(shah_ho_nam @ Feb 28 2009, 11:30 PM)
you know thw original one was released with japanese labels.. plus it won't have any subs for u to read
zaman jahiliah dulu masa sekolah menengah. Baru tau masa macam mana nak beza bila masuk uni.. sweat.gif
shah_ho_nam
post Feb 28 2009, 11:58 PM

らき☆すた
1,317 posts

QUOTE(kyon22 @ Feb 28 2009, 11:52 PM)
zaman jahiliah dulu masa sekolah menengah. Baru tau masa macam mana nak beza bila masuk uni.. sweat.gif
original from tbs or fuji tv

18 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0234sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:43 AM