Purchased my Wii unit from Gurney Plaza and included additional remote which I got charged around RM300 for. Shop claims the remote is for Korean Market but it comes with the Plastic Packaging. No Korean word found on the back at all. Either the shop got conned themselves or they are conning yes? Found some issues with usability and went on looking at the unit more closely. Found the differences below. Anyone else has this similar Wii Remotes to compare with please check with the images below and throw it back to the game shop for cheating.
1) Wii - Printing Grey Difference. Fake seems lighter.
2) LED's on the original are Matte, the Fake is Clear. And when it lights up you can see the difference.
3) Speaker - Original one shows some metal reflection whereas the Fake shows a deep...emptiness.
4) Home Button - Original shows to be lighter colored.
5) Button A - Fake remote has a darker imprint of the Letter.
6) Directional Buttons on the Original is Matte, Fake is reflective.
7) Power Button - Fake remote has a darker RED.
1) Plastic Finishing has Burrs on the Fake remote & the clip end for the battery cover. You can see the GAP difference.
2) Original Side printing is NON reflective. No matter what way you look at it. Fake printing reflects light and is printed LESS CLEARLY.
1) Gold connector protrudes from the side outwards above the plastic step.
2) Same bad quality Burrs that are probably from bad plastic molding.
1) Plastic Burrs all over the place! Take note of the differences in plastic position and steps and bla bla. I compared Real Korean and the taiwan model i have they are 100% the same. The Fake "Korean" model is different everywhere.
2) Battery compartment SPONGE is missing on the FAKE model.
3) Nunchuk connector is DIFFERENT.
4) Plastic Burrs, more plastic burrs, plastic mold defect, different places everywhere.
5) Sync button different color red. Plastic different too.
1) This is the one that prompted me to believe this is a fake. Nintendo uses TRI WING screws for their products all the way to Nintendo Gameboy and before. Why must this be different on an original yes?
2) Original has printing ALL THE WAY throughout the cable length, Fake has NONE. The color is different too, and the Length of the fake is longer.
3) Different plastic everywhere too.
4) Connector head metal components are different. Feels very stiff when you stick it into an original Wii remote or the Fake one.
***Issues with Fake***
Honestly, if it worked fine I wouldnt give it a second thought. But below are the problems faced. Can the viewers and owners of Wii post pictures of your wii remote if its of a different make/? Japan or USA if possible so we can see the clearer differences.!!!
1) Speaker level not adjustable and is very noisy.
2) Battery Drains out VERY FAST.
3) Sensitivity is bad in general, remote seems responsive enough to not really notice.
4) Vibration is less smooth.
5) They sold the remote to me as Original price. I am super pissed off right now but I need to check with anyone else out there that has similar remotes like mine and same problems.
***UPDATE*** Korean, Taiwan, Fake Pictures side by side.
Took a comparison check between the Korean Wii Remote that came with the set, a taiwan remote, and the suspect fake.
You guys check the differences out. All remotes are MADE IN CHINA, other than slight cosmetic differences there shouldn't be any other major differences. Cheers~
**********LATEST UPDATE MARCH 09*****************
Well then, I got some time on my hands and a Tri-Wing Screw Driver Set... So here's the latest update as compared to the below link.
I found my Fake remote to be 100% Fake by comparing the insides. So seriously you guys with Wii Remotes, should check out the outside appearance and make sure you own a REAL remote if you paid Original price for it. I went back to the shop and demanded that they replaced the Wii Remote for me but they wanted a receipt which i forgot to bring so, im going back tomorrow =) Im demanding cash back, i dont trust the shop any more.
No wonder the vibration felt different, no wonder the sensitivity sucks. Screw you shops that sell fake stuff. Hi-tec consumer ownz you!
This post has been edited by norrilw: Mar 9 2009, 07:57 PM
Wii Remote + Nunchuk ( FAKE ? ), Pictures Side by Side