Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health Health & Fitness MYTHBUSTERS, Ask your questions, or ask here!

views

kingshazz13 P
post Feb 17 2021, 04:02 AM

Probation
1 posts

Some people said to me that keto diet won't help in weight loss.
Can anyone tell me whether it works or not?
virtuousindustry
post Feb 17 2021, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(aawonufh @ Jan 26 2021, 01:58 PM)
What I've done last time to slim down to lose weight was to have a good diet plan and stick to the diet plan consistently and be dicipline (can have cheat meal once a week), full body exercise (HIIT + weight training) at least 4-5 times a week, at least 30 minutes per day and do it in 1 session of 30 minutes with minimal rest.

After 1 year, lost at least 10kg of weight (didn't measure fat loss or water loss, but did notice lesser belly fat than before) and wear pants require belts already.

Targeted exercise is only for building muscles of certain parts of body e.g. biceps.

Body fats around ab area are the hardest becoz need to bring down the total body fat percentage close to 10-12% first and then have to follow calorie deficit diet and more cardio + weight training + ab training to bring down more body fat. Then only abs muscles will be more visible as less fat around the ab.

ps: sit up DO NOT help to reduce the fat from tummy/ab and this is scientific proven. Many fitness experts+gurus on youtube mentioned this many times already.
Steady man, keep up the good work!!! Maybe can try to do Jordan Yeoh workouts everyday also. Good cardio to follow along.
leftycall9
post Mar 11 2021, 01:39 AM

Regular
1,035 posts

Muscle training for after-burn after exercise,how true is it especially about increasing the numbers of calories we burn while resting?
aawonufh
post Mar 15 2021, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(Hazim Ahmad @ Mar 10 2021, 11:19 AM)
Drinking a galon of water would make you stay fit but truth is, we cannot drink water more than our body could take it
So how much of water an individual requires per day?
leftycall9
post Mar 17 2021, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(aawonufh @ Mar 15 2021, 01:05 PM)
So how much of water an individual requires per day?
11.5 cups (2.7 liters) a day for women
15.5 cups (3.7 liters) a day for men.

But it also depends on your diet, environment,weather and how active you are. During my workout days I always drink more.
davg28 P
post Apr 13 2021, 03:46 PM

Probation
20 posts

There used to be a myth that you had to work out and run only in the morning because the calorie consumption was higher at that time. And I really didn't exercise in the evening, but now I can't exercise in the morning, so I work out when I can.
Redshelf411
post May 17 2021, 01:34 AM

Enthusiast
800 posts

QUOTE(davg28 @ Apr 13 2021, 03:46 PM)
There used to be a myth that you had to work out and run only in the morning because the calorie consumption was higher at that time. And I really didn't exercise in the evening, but now I can't exercise in the morning, so I work out when I can.
Is this legot though? I only exercise after 5pm in the last 2-3yrs. Got lose weight...but I wouldn't know if it will make any difference if I exercise in the morning.
statikinetic
post May 22 2021, 03:10 PM

BaneCat
2,903 posts

QUOTE(Redshelf411 @ May 17 2021, 01:34 AM)
Is this legot though? I only exercise after 5pm in the last 2-3yrs. Got lose weight...but I wouldn't know if it will make any difference if I exercise in the morning.
It is a myth.
Just get exercise whenever you can.
MAGAMan-X
post Oct 5 2021, 04:16 PM

On my way
687 posts

QUOTE(kingshazz13 @ Feb 17 2021, 04:02 AM)

I've been on keto over the last 9 months, lost 8 kgs at height and recently gained 2 kgs back, so net about 6 kgs weight loss. TBH, I had to "cheat" on my keto diet in order to stop losing weight, because I feel like I was losing too much weight. My recent weight gain shows very little gain on the waistline, so I am going to assume the 2 kg weight gain is in the muscles tongue.gif

That said, keto may not work for everyone. It is very nuanced, and there is a lot of knowledge of your own body you need to understand. What is your BMI? How wide is your waistline? How much weight do you want to lose? What kind of keto food do you plan to eat? Are you going to incorporate intermittent fast? etc.

If you have more specific questions I will be happy to help, but at the end of the day keto is NOT about losing weight, but about being healthy by cutting carbohydrates and processed food from your diet. Once you do that, your weight will automatically come down.
MAGAMan-X
post Oct 5 2021, 04:22 PM

On my way
687 posts

QUOTE(davg28 @ Apr 13 2021, 03:46 PM)
Partially true. When you wake up, your body will go through what is called Dawn Phenomenon, where your blood glucose level is higher. Some people are able to take advantage of this and use up the blood glucose and it's easier to exercise in the morning because they're more energetic.

In terms of calorie consumption, it should be the same regardless of whether it is in the morning or evening, as long as you do it before a meal. I wouldn't worry about calories burned during workout, it's quite negligible in terms of your overall calorie consumption a day, unless you spend an ungodly amount of time exercising (more than 60 minutes).
MAGAMan-X
post Dec 17 2021, 05:12 PM

On my way
687 posts

QUOTE(SweetieCat95 @ Dec 17 2021, 04:30 PM)
Hi all, are there any protein-rich vegan foods, which can substitute for chicken or meat in general?
Yes, but protein is simply a macronutrient. You need to think about the quality of protein you're getting as well. Also it depends what is your reason for eliminating meat.
Zhee Ling
post Mar 19 2022, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(kingshazz13 @ Feb 17 2021, 04:02 AM)
As long as your body is in calorie deficit, any diet will help to lose weight
EX Unseen Forces
post Jun 30 2023, 01:06 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Myth: Burger is bad
Truth: Burger is only bad if you eat it with fries and milkshake. Prioritize beef burger as it's grilled instead of deep fried.

23 Pages « < 21 22 23Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:57 PM