Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Faber Condo's @ Taman Desa, Investment

views

TSPhoeni_142
post Dec 23 2008, 11:18 AM, updated 14y ago

Enthusiast
753 posts

Dear all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to seek your advise. I've been spending a lot of time in the Faber Ria & Faber Heights apartments @ Taman Desa.

I know it's very old - but what are your views with regards to its investment potential? Please advise....

thanks.

Clareen
post Dec 23 2008, 12:31 PM

Workaholic~*
2,603 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Dec 23 2008, 11:18 AM)
Dear all,

I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to seek your advise.  I've been spending a lot of time in the Faber Ria & Faber Heights apartments @ Taman Desa.

I know it's very old - but what are your views with regards to its investment potential? Please advise....

thanks.
If i'm not mistaken the price wasn't cheap right? above 300k and the security not good either. am i right?
TSPhoeni_142
post Dec 24 2008, 11:28 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

You can get some units less than 300K.

Security is fairly reasonable. I've seen a lot worse....

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP me with my query>????

I'd just like to seek the views of all the sifu's out there. Thanks.
livingmonolith
post Dec 24 2008, 11:42 AM

821 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Dec 24 2008, 11:28 AM)
You can get some units less than 300K.

Security is fairly reasonable.  I've seen a lot worse....

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP me with my query>????

I'd just like to seek the views of all the sifu's out there.  Thanks.
you haven't included any useful informations in regards of faber's condo at all apart from 'there are some units less than 300k' and 'security is fairly reasonable', so i guess it's a bit hard for anyone to provide any useful advices.

what are the rental yields? maintenance fee? facilities? type of tenants (local or foreign tenants, or majority owners)? how much loan you're planning to take? and if you're taking, how much is the installment rate? etc...

i don't want to sound too harsh, but if you're asking for views, you don't expect others to do the research for you. we can offer simple advices, but nothing that will help that much (except those who stay there).

so maybe you can do us a favour to help do you a favour? some relevant informations?

wink.gif
TSPhoeni_142
post Dec 24 2008, 11:57 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(livingmonolith @ Dec 24 2008, 11:42 AM)
you haven't included any useful informations in regards of faber's condo at all apart from 'there are some units less than 300k' and 'security is fairly reasonable', so i guess it's a bit hard for anyone to provide any useful advices.

what are the rental yields? maintenance fee? facilities? type of tenants (local or foreign tenants, or majority owners)? how much loan you're planning to take? and if you're taking, how much is the installment rate? etc...

i don't want to sound too harsh, but if you're asking for views, you don't expect others to do the research for you. we can offer simple advices, but nothing that will help that much (except those who stay there).

so maybe you can do us a favour to help do you a favour? some relevant informations?

wink.gif
Monolith,

Let me be frank to you then. Do not assume to lecture me as though I am some school boy. You know nothing about me. You can keep your condescending and snide remarks to yourself.

Obviously, I have some hard figures in mind. Let me be specific in my question then: I do not give a damn about the yields, MOF, COC return, tenancy demand, maintenance fees, IRR and cash flow dynamics. I already have those answers in my head.

Let me be specific here: I'd like to know about the views of anyone that has bought / invested in Faber Ria or Faber Heights. I'd just like to know your experience, and whether u are happy with your investment decision and why. I do not need any hard facts or figures.......just your views on the area in a qualitative sense.

Monolith - perhaps you shouldn't make such sweeping statements in the future and please do not be so presumptious.

Goodbye!
livingmonolith
post Dec 24 2008, 12:22 PM

821 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Dec 24 2008, 11:57 AM)
Monolith,

Let me be frank to you then.  Do not assume to lecture me as though I am some school boy.  You know nothing about me.  You can keep your condescending and snide remarks to yourself.

Obviously, I have some hard figures in mind.  Let me be specific in my question then: I do not give a damn about the yields, MOF, COC return, tenancy demand, maintenance fees, IRR and cash flow dynamics.  I already have those answers in my head.

Let me be specific here: I'd like to know about the views of anyone that has bought / invested in Faber Ria or Faber Heights.  I'd just like to know your experience, and whether u are happy with your investment decision and why.  I do not need any hard facts or figures.......just your views on the area in a qualitative sense.

Monolith - perhaps you shouldn't make such sweeping statements in the future and please do not be so presumptious.

Goodbye!
that would not be a problem for me. wink.gif

goodluck for waiting for a decent 'view' from the forumers then.
TSPhoeni_142
post Dec 24 2008, 02:07 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

Yes, if you were to extropolate your deplorable behaviour to the rest of the world, i'm sure the response would be "phenomenal".

I've learnt something about you too....The talk a lot, pretending to be smart kind, but unfortunately without much substance or investments, i suspect. smile.gif

Good luck to you too. I suspect you're gonna need it more than me.

airline
post Dec 25 2008, 10:16 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

faber ria condos at one point in time, the price drop. but now rebound already.
think it is fairly valued already.
seriously doubt it will go up much further.

if u looking for rental yields though, try OBD condo. just 300meters away.
Pai
post Dec 25 2008, 09:26 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Dec 24 2008, 11:57 AM)
Let me be specific here: I'd like to know about the views of anyone that has bought / invested in Faber Ria or Faber Heights.  I'd just like to know your experience, and whether u are happy with your investment decision and why.  I do not need any hard facts or figures.......just your views on the area in a qualitative sense.
Hi Phoeni,

Went to check few Tmn Desa properties few months back due its decent rental yield, but decided not to go for it due to :

1. No LRT now or in the new future, hence I suspect current rental yield in Tmn Desa might not be sustainable or remains flat especially when there will be plenty of new supply coming from the Kerinchi area.

2. Had a fren who bought Tiara Faber for 250k 5 years ago..............and today its still sells for 250k. Im not overly optimistic over its capital appreciation prospects. Rental yield also so-so.

3. Rental yield about 7%-8% only, so in the end I went for something with better yields n capital gains prospects.

wink.gif
Errie
post Dec 25 2008, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

Hi,

what about case desa? Plan to buy it on next year.. wish to rent it out after bought.. price is around 300k-350k, build up 1,110s.f.. Any command?
Clareen
post Dec 26 2008, 07:59 PM

Workaholic~*
2,603 posts

QUOTE(Errie @ Dec 25 2008, 11:50 PM)
Hi,

what about case desa? Plan to buy it on next year.. wish to rent it out after bought.. price is around 300k-350k, build up 1,110s.f.. Any command?
but casa desa demand is not that high.
merce
post Dec 26 2008, 10:34 PM

Casual
474 posts

QUOTE(Pai @ Dec 25 2008, 09:26 PM)
Hi Phoeni,

Went to check few Tmn Desa properties few months back due its decent rental yield, but decided not to go for it due to :

1. No LRT now or in the new future, hence I suspect current rental yield in Tmn Desa might not be sustainable or remains flat especially when there will be plenty of new supply coming from the Kerinchi area.

2. Had a fren who bought Tiara Faber for 250k 5 years ago..............and today its still sells for 250k. Im not overly optimistic over its capital appreciation prospects. Rental yield also so-so.

3. Rental yield about 7%-8% only, so in the end I went for something with better yields n capital gains prospects.

wink.gif
I kinda agree with Pai,

I've moved to Taman Desa 3 months back. Rented an apartment there(or condo... i still cant tell the different blink.gif )

Security wise, its definitely better than certain areas.

However, if you are looking for an appreciation return i personally find that it's not really a good option. Track records shows hardly any appreciation gain on those few high-rise for the past 10 years. Rental investment seems fairly decent, i don't see lots of units to-let so i guess the rate of occupancy seems high enough. Most of the high-rise there are leasehold, and the one around the commercial square at the shell station inside are unit with 950sqf+ at the price of RM 180k-RM220k is rented out for at least RM 950.

Casa Desa seems rather nice. Last i heard unit around 1200sqf is going RM 300k and above. i plan to buy one in year 2009, but now i rather look else place, since there is speculation that properties price might drop to a certain level.

Desa Villa seems like a nice piece of property too, cept its at least RM 320k for a unit... over budget for me(but i like the surrounding there. laugh.gif )

At this time, the area i'm looking at are Sentul (but i think its a bit late for me to go in already...) and Puchong(Bukit Jalil, Bandar Puteri and nearby areas) Most of them are within the RM 200k - RM 300k range and seems to be growing rather fast lately.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Regards,

Merce Chua
Mortgage Sales Executive
OCBC Bank (M) Berhad
019 -913 1127
ChuaCChie@OCBC.com
Karmacookie
post Feb 15 2009, 02:11 PM

14 posts

Hi, I rented a 2-bedroom in Faber Ria in 2007.

Really nice place. Looks dodgy from the outside and worn down, but inside the place is surprisingly really well-maintained with a family atmosphere. It's a great place to stay, very quiet since the shops are walking distance.

I stayed in a high density condo in PJ and then the Putramas condos along Jln Kuching before moving here, so I really appreciate the lack of students, noisy/sibuk neighbours and the whole 'crowdedness' - look outside your window and you see another condo.

Also, best way to check out who's staying there is to look at the cars - the cars in Faber Ria are mostly conti's, so it's a very middle class to higher crowd staying here. Perhaps the place is affordable enough that they can drive cars like BMW 6 series, Porsche and Audis tongue.gif
Mine only Proton, so I bring the place down blush.gif

There are 1-bedroom units here, rental from RM850 -RM1k. 2b/2r units go for for RM1200-RM1500. Hear the selling market price for similar unit is RM210-RM230K. My landlord offered to sell if I ever want to buy, but considering. Capital appreciation will be little - most people here buy to stay (that's why rarely see unit to let - most are people who bought/long-term renters who like the place)

I heard that the place is due to be re-painted, once I hear this I plan to buy (since unit prices tend to shoot up after repainting - check out the immediate price revision for the Pantai Towers in Bangsar - up by 20%!)

I checked out Casa Desa but don't like the 'dorm-like' layout. Sure, it looks nice now, but give it a few years...also don't like its high density. But they do give three carparks!

Faber Heights is nice too, but higher priced than Faber Ria - i dunno why, don't see what's the added value.

Oh, another reason I like this place? Management damn nice - turn a blind eye to pets (only kena sound if neighbours complain).

TSPhoeni_142
post Feb 15 2009, 03:03 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I must say that I thought this thread was dead.

Yes, I never really did care what naysayers said about my potential investments. If the maths and my intuition make sense - I'll go for it.

Have bought a little studio in Faber Ria for 120K - renting it out for RM 1,100 fully furnished. Nice little cash flow for the mrs and myself.

In the midst of closing another studio in Faber Heights.

I like the fact that potential investors shun Taman Desa condo's in general, because of the "lack of potential appreciation". Makes the market less competitive for me!! As i've mentioned in my previous posts- IMO, appreciation in your properties is an ancillary benefit of ownership. The most important is +ve Cash Flow and a tidy COCR.

In the end of the day, I take out minimal cash, enjoy positive cash flow, and end up building some nice equity for myself in the properties there. FOC. Cheers.

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Feb 15 2009, 06:26 PM
SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 07:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Taman Desa is a place for people who wants to stay there, I agree. Public Transport wise there's only 1 No.72 Bus going around the area down to old klang road->federal highway->kl central->pasar seni.

But if you drive, or want to find a place close to everywhere it's one of the best spots. Traffic Jam is minimal compared to places like Ampang, Cheras.

Anyone stay in Casa Desa? Care to take some interior pictures to share? It looks like it's just next to the slope, and I see few 2-3 storey units around the slope, what's so special about these units?

Rental around that area can fetch rm2000 but appreciation is little, it's just a hidden gem i guess.
TSPhoeni_142
post Feb 23 2009, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

IMHO - I think Casa Desa is a nice play to live....

But from an investor's point of view - in terms of COCR - i think other condo's in Tmn Desa provide better upside.

Last I checked - Casa Desa is going for about 320 psf - and it does not command the same rental power as Desa Villa or Danau Permai.

As such, we've made a conscious decision to stick to Faber Ria / Heights....It provides a phenomenal COCR, low downpayment and great tenant demand. Yes - it is old, and shows signs of age. However, we do like it for other intangibles - such as the impeccable security.
SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Can describe to me which one is Faber Ria? I saw a few condo hidden beside the road going up hill, don't know what they are called. Are they good?

I just checked Casa Desa's Layout, pretty awkward I have to say. Seems not my ideal. But I have yet seen the facilities and stuff. Looks like a green castle beside the slope. I think the reason it doesn't fetch high rental is because it's Green, and it's not as happening as the commercial areas. The area opposite Casa Desa, I've stayed around that area for 2 years yet I barely go there. If by foot is getting food easy? I know it's the closest to Old Klang Road.

Do you know the list of freehold vs leasehold condos in Taman Desa? What about the landed properties are they freehold?

I'm not that particular about appreciation, but hoping i can get something around 200k-300k, can attract decent rentals but won't depreciate in price at least. I believe that area will hardly sustain depreciation in long term due to it's strategic location.

So far Danau Permai is the best condo I've ever been to around the area, haven't been to the expensive one opposite those new 1million houses, but i notice most new condo are located near slopes.

Am hoping price will drop during the financial crisis.
TSPhoeni_142
post Feb 23 2009, 10:35 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

Hi, Always willing to share with anybody who's interested in Taman Desa (TD).

1. Casa Desa is on the extreme end of the road. Drive the opposite direction - u should pass by Faber Heights on your left, followed by Faber Ria a few hundred meters later. It is also opposite the commercial district.

2. Well, to be fair to the people that bought in Casa Desa - it is a good location. It's just that from an investment viewpoint, I find it a tad bit pricey. The facilities are fairly good. I reckon it's about 35 to 40% occupied right now.

3. Yes, I do have a list of condo's in TD. Pls just check out this link
http://www.streetdirectory.net.my/malaysia...lan+klang+lama/

4. Loosely speaking - any condo in TD with the word "Danau" is a leasehold dev.

5. The DSLH in TD have appreciated nicely over the last few years....I believe a 22 x 75 is transacting in the high 500 range at d moment - but can't be too sure.....need to check. Personally, i believe TD offers more opportunites in terms of condo's & studios. For landed, I'd rather stick to the Damansara side.

any other areas u are looking at besides TD? For investment, yes? where else do u invest in?

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Feb 23 2009, 10:38 AM
SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Thanks for the info. Still a long way to go for investment.

I'm staying in TD (2.5yrs now) and looking at the rents I pay every month I though might be better to buy a unit instead of financing other people.

I wonder if it's a wise choice to get lease hold condos, the ones around Shell Station like Danau Permai & Danau Impian are all leasehold, the one next to Shell Station forgot the name and then the rest are behind the Traffic Lights with lots of high tension cables. I see there are some houses behind those condo (road straight go out to Old Klang road) but I have yet explored that area.

Danau Permai seems a pretty good condo but again it's leasehold... Danau Impian is too old, good for simple life. Not sure about the rest.

Casa Desa and the rest along the road seems good, but abit far from the Commercial Centre & the Park, need to drive. But sometimes I just prefer to have a short walk for food.

What about the commercial centre opposite Casa Desa? I see from outside doesn't look much attractive. How's the food, and supermarket over there? Or need to go to Shell area or Old Klang Road?

Right now I don't know if I'm gonna continue staying in KL, but would like to get a unit here as I think i don't feel like staying in other areas after staying here. Places like Kuchai Lama & Sri Petaling are just next door but they don't feel anything like TD. Been to Damansara & other places but those places give me a stranger kinda feeling... even though foreigners have increased around this area, most people especially staying in landed properties have been staying here for 20-30years, so the community is rather strong compared to other places.

So my main goal if I purchase a unit here won't be for investment but more for staying, but I do hope at the very least it won't depreciate in long run & can get decent rentals if I chose to rent it out.

Other than Danau Permai, the only one i see is Casa Desa, haven't got the chance to Fabers, there's a new condo opposite the new 1million banglow area but I hear it's very very expensive, on slope hill too.

towtow
post Feb 23 2009, 11:35 AM

42 posts

hi,

Can anyone share with me the Desarina (hope the name is correct), the new condo next to OBD. It is open for sale?

Im currently renting a unit at TB and like the overall neighbourhood environment. So now looking to get one to stay.

This post has been edited by towtow: Feb 23 2009, 12:58 PM
TSPhoeni_142
post Feb 23 2009, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

1. Some of the Danau developments like Permai are pretty good. They are just not in sync with my investment philosophy at d moment. I've also heard some horror stories on those that transacted on Danau prop's.....apparently the transfer can take 9 months long!

2. I could be wrong.....but I think in TD - u don't have to worry about price appreciation or depreciation. In other words, the price is pretty much stagnant. The rental demand continues to be strong - it's pretty much a landlord's market over there.
achcmy
post Feb 28 2009, 09:35 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

Hi,

Have you checked out Desa Permai? I been there a couple of times. Newly completed condo just next to Faber Heights. Heard the rental can be rm2.5k for fully furnished unit.

Cheers,
AC
TSPhoeni_142
post Mar 1 2009, 03:51 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(achcmy @ Feb 28 2009, 09:35 PM)
Hi,

Have you checked out Desa Permai? I been there a couple of times. Newly completed condo just next to Faber Heights. Heard the rental can be rm2.5k for fully furnished unit.

Cheers,
AC
yes, I have.

I'm not too sure whether your RM 2,500 rental is for a bigger unit? I'm only familiar with their 1,130 sized units.

If memory serves, a 1130sq ft unit is going for about 300K. At best case, I think u can only rent out FF at 1,900 per month. (being a tad bit optimistic here). Pricing wise - look's reasonable at about 265 psf, vs say Casa Desa.

From a COCR perspective, you're looking at a return of approx 14%, which is not too bad....

But I'd rather go for the Faber Studios for two reasons:

1. My COCR is at least 35%.

2. My initial capital outlay is much lower vs Desa Permai.

3. I'm being very realistic.....Tmn Desa Condo's don't have much room for appreciation....the price has been more or less stagnant. My investment philosophy in this area is to generate as much cash flow as possible only.....and to own the unit for free, of course. In other words, I wouldn't buy any condo/studio in TD for any potential appreciation whatsoever. Any appreciation in price is just a pure bonus.

Don't get me wrong - I like this area. It's "boring". It's far away from speculators. It has very stable tenant demand. Uncles and aunties live there. And the rentals are steady and rising consistently y-o-y. I normally go for stable suburbs which are far, far, far away from where the "flavour of the month" is. To me, that's where the opportunities lie.

Good luck.

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Mar 1 2009, 04:21 AM
Minolta
post Mar 1 2009, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,271 posts

My view on Taman Desa.......I will only look at the landed properties there. My motto nowadays.....wait...wait summore.....wait just a little bit more.....then chop. I have feel in this area.....for own stay lah. For capital appreciation.....it will come......later. But this area is peaceful, quiet, near KL
TSPhoeni_142
post Mar 1 2009, 10:34 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Mar 1 2009, 11:34 AM)
My view on Taman Desa.......I will only look at the landed properties there. My motto nowadays.....wait...wait summore.....wait just a little bit more.....then chop. I have feel in this area.....for own stay lah. For capital appreciation.....it will come......later. But this area is peaceful, quiet, near KL
Hi Minolta.

my 2 cents - a very cliched saying which I'm quoting below. ( I just happen to agree with it)

“it's better to buy real estate and wait, rather than wait and buy real estate”.

Don't take the phrase above too literally. Point is – good bargains exist at every point in time. You just have to hunt them down accordingly. Real Estate isn’t necessarily about waiting for the right moment. No one really knows when the “bottom” is. Rather, it’s a game of tenacity and decisiveness. Inaction and procrastination is never advisable.

Good point abt the landed prop's in Tmn Desa though. Potentially hidden gem. Last I checked, prices are in the region of mid 500k for 22 x 75, yes?

achcmy
post Mar 2 2009, 09:18 AM

Getting Started
205 posts

Hi guys,

Desa Permai only has 1 size (1130sqft). My friend managed to rent out her unit for rm2.2k for FF. I think it's a great rental but not sure how long it will last. Desa Permai is very popular due to mostly targetted by rich guys who wanted to keep their missus there at the moment. The entrance is discreet and quiet.

I'm looking at landed prop in Taman Desa too. Can you still get RM500k for 22 x 75 unit? I thought it has gone up. Let me know if you know any unit with that pricing.

Cheers,
AC

michaelangelo
post Jun 30 2009, 08:43 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

hi,
i m looking for a condo for investment purpose and saw the ads on faber heights?
selling for 255k..2b2b 1000sqf and wondering if its worth it?
lowyatben
post Jul 21 2009, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Guys
I'm keen on moving to Tmn Desa. Any suggestions? Care to share your experiences?

By the way, I love RT Pastry. And no, that's not one of the reasons why I'm considering this area. Over the years, I've stayed around in Melawati, PJ, Sri Petaling and I think Tmn Desa would be ideal, don't you think so?

Thanks in advance.
pilotHans
post Jul 21 2009, 06:25 PM

scuderia ferrari pit crew (" ,)
2,525 posts

for me taman desa is superb place to stay....used to stay there from 2004-2007 smile.gif

if i have extra cash would consider buying there......but the condo's mostly are leasehold sweat.gif
TSPhoeni_142
post Jul 21 2009, 07:23 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

It's a great place to generate good COCR, from an investment point of view. the place is boring. ideal for aunties and uncles like me. And there is a good mix of both free and leasehold prop's for u to go after. good luck.
Minolta
post Aug 29 2009, 01:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,271 posts

Faber Ria 700sf studio for RM160k, old, needs repainting etc. Lower floor. What do you guys think....value or expensive?
Pai
post Aug 29 2009, 03:23 PM

3,318 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Aug 29 2009, 01:09 PM)
Faber Ria 700sf studio for RM160k, old, needs repainting etc. Lower floor. What do you guys think....value or expensive?
whats the rent? smile.gif
KeNNy
post Aug 29 2009, 09:44 PM

Hello
1,558 posts

1) Woud you know if the psqf appreciated recently? I gave a quick browse on Iproperty most are demanding about 210-230psqf, just some info to share for those who invested their units earlier.

2) With the influx of condo projects everywhere, will this investment be as attractive as before?
Although, Tmn Desa still remains to be a 'central' location so shouldn't be too difficult to fetch rents I suppose.
Minolta
post Aug 30 2009, 09:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,271 posts

QUOTE(Pai @ Aug 29 2009, 03:23 PM)
whats the rent? smile.gif
agents say bout RM1k/month easy without any retouch etc. Tenants prolly low-end "expats" or budget locals. But put in another RM25-30k reno, can go RM1.4-1.5k.

Return is ok, but Faber Ria is old.....I mean really old. But freehold. I just don't want to be overpaying something like this.
airline
post Aug 30 2009, 11:20 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

i thought faber ria studio 140k.
Joink
post Aug 30 2009, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Aug 30 2009, 09:56 AM)
agents say bout RM1k/month easy without any retouch etc. Tenants prolly low-end "expats" or budget locals. But put in another RM25-30k reno, can go RM1.4-1.5k.

Return is ok, but Faber Ria is old.....I mean really old. But freehold. I just don't want to be overpaying something like this.
I don't think Faber Ria will appreciate much. Personally, I won't put in another RM25-30k reno on a property that won't apprecaite as I will need 4-5 yrs to cover it back. Indirectly, u are locking urself down for 5 yrs to cover back ur reno cost & by that time, ur reno will be out dated & won't add value to the property.
TSPhoeni_142
post Aug 30 2009, 02:12 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

1. The ROA association just approved for the sinking fund to be used to repaint the whole place.

2. Appreciation is secondary and an ancillary benefit of ownership. Cash flow is a necessity, which Faber ria can provide.

3. I used 5K on renovation for my unit there, which was pretty old. I don't think u will need anything close to 25k to 30k.

Minolta
post Aug 31 2009, 07:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,271 posts

Estimated RM25k for bit of things....plaster ceiling, timber flooring, change all doors/locks, redo whole bathroom, kitchen cabinets, walk in wardrobes, water heater, airconds, repainting etc. etc....haha. Guess I kinda thought of up-ending this place. But you're prolly right, no point in doing it up for rental as the return is poor.

I thought about it whole weekend, and decided I'm not gonna go in coz got no feel for it....I think the place is just a tad too old...and the price is no steal.
I think I'll stick with my initial plan for a landed in Tmn Desa.

thanks,
minolta
Pai
post Aug 31 2009, 09:04 PM

3,318 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Aug 30 2009, 02:12 PM)
1. The ROA association just approved for the sinking fund to be used to repaint the whole place.

2.  Appreciation is secondary and an ancillary benefit of ownership.  Cash flow is a necessity, which Faber ria can provide.

3.  I used 5K on renovation for my unit there, which was pretty old.  I don't think u will need anything close to 25k to 30k.
boss, long time no see smile.gif

Added on August 31, 2009, 9:05 pm
QUOTE(Minolta @ Aug 31 2009, 07:17 PM)
I thought about it whole weekend, and decided I'm not gonna go in coz got no feel for it....I think the place is just a tad too old...and the price is no steal.
chief, from studio to landed is a big change, hmm.gif whats the main objective investing in Tmn Desa lah?

This post has been edited by Pai: Aug 31 2009, 09:05 PM
propcritic
post Aug 31 2009, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

Go for Danau Permai's studios....easier to rent....next to shops but also closer to Mosque...
winner
post Aug 31 2009, 09:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,219 posts

Tmn Desa is a good, matured locality. It's near the bustling MV just a short distance to KL city. However, with lots of supply and very few or no new developments with good concept in Tmn Desa, there is no much room for capital appreation. No doubt, it has quite a good middle-class mix.
Joink
post Sep 1 2009, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Aug 31 2009, 07:17 PM)
Just heads up. Valuation varies alot with Tmn Desa houses.
kbandito
post Sep 9 2009, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

Hi all, I have did a little of return analysis based on the information I acquired on Faber Ria studio.
Please check the attached PDF file for my COCR analysis.

Personally would like to ask master Phoeni, the at least 35% COCR claim seems difficult for me.
Based on my analysis, I can only get 20% COCR with rental of RM1,100 and maintainance fee of RM150(I don't know the real rate tongue.gif)
And that is based on below market price purchase.

Mind to entertain me master Phoeni and master Pai?smile.gif

Attached File  Amortization.pdf ( 175.13k ) Number of downloads: 501

Pai
post Sep 9 2009, 04:03 PM

3,318 posts

kbandito,

its the "cost of purchase" variance between your's and Phoeni's that makes al the dif in COCR.

Nice calculator btw ............. smile.gif
kbandito
post Sep 9 2009, 04:09 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

Alright, so with RM5,000 furnishing and no reserve fund for rainy days I can get 35%.
But that is hell of good deal Phoeni!

I tried to upload the excel calculator but LYN doesn't allow this extension.
By the way Pai, I remember you came out with a spreadsheet of your own calculator as well, I might have use of that to improve my calculator.
If it is possible, email to me at ah_lek2003 @ yahoo.com
TSPhoeni_142
post Sep 9 2009, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(kbandito @ Sep 9 2009, 02:50 PM)
Hi all, I have did a little of return analysis based on the information I acquired on Faber Ria studio.
Please check the attached PDF file for my COCR analysis.

Personally would like to ask master Phoeni, the at least 35% COCR claim seems difficult for me.
Based on my analysis, I can only get 20% COCR with rental of RM1,100 and maintainance fee of RM150(I don't know the real rate tongue.gif)
And that is based on below market price purchase.

Mind to entertain me master Phoeni and master Pai?smile.gif

Attached File  Amortization.pdf ( 175.13k ) Number of downloads: 501

Life is about variables. Depending on the changes in the variables, you'll get a different outcome. Same goes for your analysis.

1. My acquisition cost is RM 123K. I bought it fully fursnished from a motivated seller. It didn't have the latest high tech stuff - but the necessities like fridge, aircond, dining tables and all the rest were there. In other words, your acquisition cost of 130K unfurnished is relatively higher.

2. My furnishing / reno cost - is only RM 3.9K - for a basic paint job, and changing the toilet seat and taps. You're spending 18K on furnishing? this obviously causes your COCR to be diluted.

3. My monthly installment to the bank is RM 523 per month. Yours is RM 559. I'm sure u can get a better rate that 4% at ZEC.

4. Maintenance fees + Sinking fund there is RM 160 per month. Not Rm 150.

5. Why are u paying for legal & facility fees? I pay none. Suggest u consider a ZEC package which will enhance your COCR.

6. I'm extremely particular about the demographic of my tenant. My rental is RM 1.2K per month, fully furnished. (unfortunately, I had to lower this down from 1.3k - economic crisis...sigh) Oh, I spiced up the place with some cheap but tasteful art and home decor items which my wife sources from Bali and Thailand. Sometimes, cheap but tasteful aesthetics go a long way. About 1K? Have to ask wife tongue.gif

You input in the variables above and i guarantee u a COCR of more than 35%.

By the way, units there at fair prices there shld go for a COCR of at least 24 to 25%. U can trim down your cost for a better return. I suspect I was "lucky", and got a good deal at point of purchase. That's all.

Nice PDF presentation, by the way. Learned a few things from your template.

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Sep 9 2009, 04:25 PM
kbandito
post Sep 9 2009, 07:31 PM

Regular
1,172 posts

I tweaked with your variable and able to get 35% COCR bro Phoeni.
But guess the purchase price is seriously under market price hence the high COCR.
How much is the bank valuation for the studio btw?

Added on September 9, 2009, 7:34 pmI tweaked with your variable and able to get 35% COCR bro Phoeni.
But guess the purchase price is seriously under market price hence the high COCR.
How much is the bank valuation for the studio btw?

This post has been edited by kbandito: Sep 9 2009, 07:34 PM
TSPhoeni_142
post Sep 9 2009, 09:19 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

to be honest - the bank valued it at 123K, and I was fine with it.

when I looked at the valuation report, there were 2 other studios which were transacted within the last 12 months of my purchase. One went for 120K, the other 145K. In short, your 130K is not too bad a price.

I suspect your COCR was deflated by reno and legal costs, bro. secondly, i think u were a bit too conservative in your assumption of a financing package. U can easily get a ZEC package at less than 4%.

difference in your DP of 13K and mine of 12.3K won't make a material impact on the COCR equation.

update us on what happens, mate.

This post has been edited by Phoeni_142: Sep 9 2009, 09:21 PM
nomanisland
post Nov 3 2009, 03:12 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Sep 9 2009, 09:19 PM)
to be honest - the bank valued it at 123K, and I was fine with it.

when I looked at the valuation report, there were 2 other studios which were transacted within the last 12 months of my purchase.  One went for 120K, the other 145K.  In short, your 130K is not too bad a price.

I suspect your COCR was deflated by reno and legal costs, bro.  secondly, i think u were a bit too conservative in your assumption of a financing package.  U can easily get a ZEC package at less than 4%.

difference in your DP of 13K and mine of 12.3K won't make a material impact on the COCR equation.

update us on what happens, mate.
Hi all,

Mind to share what's the rental in faber ria? i'm thinking to get low rise duplex 950 sqf @ 220k.
will i be able to rent it for RM 1,200 per month?

Cheers, thx heap
teoanne
post Dec 17 2009, 06:00 PM

Casual
325 posts

dear all,

i'm looking to move back home to malaysia after working overseas. i am keen on either renting or buying a studio or 1 room unit in the vicinity. any thoughts on which one is the best (all things considered)?

thanks
jcvstlys
post Apr 30 2010, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,655 posts

I got a studio unit for sale at 155k, 474 sf, partly furnished(RM950/month). Rental rate can reach 1.2-1.3k for fully furnished. Interested investors or buyers can PM me.

I agree with the fact that faber ria dont appreciate much but the return is really good(must buy at the right price though)

budak_bagus
post May 1 2010, 08:46 PM

Casual
309 posts

i am dreaming to buy one condo in taman desa for own stay. because i figure out it is a nice very nice place to stay. very convenience to any part of KL. but for investment, i think other location will perform better
airline
post May 2 2010, 08:21 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

i personally prefer taman desa but my friends say faber design condo outdated like Casa Desa. they go buy condo in Kuchai Lama like Dynasty Garden, Continental Heights, G-Residence, etc
they say more happening there.
TSPhoeni_142
post May 2 2010, 11:47 AM

Enthusiast
753 posts

QUOTE(jcvstlys @ Apr 30 2010, 09:34 PM)
I got a studio unit for sale at 155k, 474 sf, partly furnished(RM950/month). Rental rate can reach 1.2-1.3k for fully furnished. Interested investors or buyers can PM me.

I agree with the fact that faber ria dont appreciate much but the return is really good(must buy at the right price though)
where's your apartment at, chief?
Pai
post May 2 2010, 12:04 PM

3,318 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ May 2 2010, 11:47 AM)
where's your apartment at, chief?
hunting again boss? smile.gif
TSPhoeni_142
post May 2 2010, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

smile.gif not really. DId not expect a reply too....
talk
post Dec 31 2010, 12:24 PM

43 posts

anyone knows the current bank's valuation on a faber heights 608sf 1 bedroom unit?
prody
post Feb 4 2011, 05:31 PM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Feb 4 2011, 12:22 PM)
anyone keen on Ytl midfields. under construction? if its transferable.
have a unit willing to let go. at 3XXK. most probably rm350k below. check for current price
with 2 car parks.
while stocks last
Desperate seller? Another indication property is going to drop...
SUSairline01
post Feb 4 2011, 09:21 PM

1 posts

What would be a reasonable price for midfield 1,100sq feet currently then?
Kain_Sicilian
post Feb 11 2011, 02:19 AM

Not So Friendly
844 posts

Hi to all sifus here. I'm a young professional currently looking for a place to stay with my GF as we will be moving here sometime end of this year. One of my uncles reccomended this area (Faber Ria Condo), for convenience, peace (low density, and mostly professionals staying here) and affordibility.

Any sifus familliar with this area? How's the security? Also, I'm looking for a larger unit, preferbly >1300sf, what's the usual asking price for such units?

Also, any other advise is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Kain_Sicilian: Feb 11 2011, 02:20 AM
kok_pun
post Feb 11 2011, 09:21 AM

Mortgage Expert
850 posts

top notch security and top notch maintenance.... it looks well even after more than 15 years.....

faber ria is around +/- 280k if not mistaken
Joink
post Feb 11 2011, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
164 posts

Major renovation is an issues as the internal pipes are old. Expect leaks & complains from your neighbor about it.
airline
post Feb 11 2011, 10:48 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

280k is for how big?
TSPhoeni_142
post Feb 15 2011, 05:55 PM

Enthusiast
753 posts

Just got back from visiting my unit. Been bat 2 years since I last visited. They just painted all units in faber ria. Looks new. Leaking pipes will always be a concern. Same goes for all sorts of infrastructure. One of the key considerations in any condo investment wld be to ensure a solid RA association within the residential area.
mgb
post Feb 15 2011, 07:50 PM

Casual
385 posts

Anyone has or knows of a unit for sale in faber/danau or other condos in tmn desa? Very interested buyer here for own stay.
thediablo
post Mar 1 2011, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(mgb @ Feb 15 2011, 07:50 PM)
Anyone has or knows of a unit for sale in faber/danau or other condos in tmn desa? Very interested buyer here for own stay.
Faber Ria 1050 sq ft units are going for above RM320K.

post Mar 2 2011, 07:23 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

QUOTE(Phoeni_142 @ Aug 30 2009, 02:12 PM)

2.  Appreciation is secondary and an ancillary benefit of ownership.  Cash flow is a necessity, which Faber ria can provide.

3.  I used 5K on renovation for my unit there, which was pretty old.  I don't think u will need anything close to 25k to 30k.
i will go for capital appreciation first and cash flow secondary.

Added on March 2, 2011, 7:27 pm
QUOTE(airline @ May 2 2010, 08:21 AM)
i personally prefer taman desa but my friends say faber design condo  outdated like Casa Desa. they go buy condo in Kuchai Lama like Dynasty Garden, Continental Heights, G-Residence, etc
they say more happening there.
i have a friend which bought dynasty at 160k and the price now is 300k.
good deal

This post has been edited by 106127: Mar 2 2011, 07:27 PM
1234567r
post Jun 11 2011, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

m looking for a studio/one bed room unit in faber ria, faber height, or around the area..anyone is letting go or know any sources?

thank you.
mkosung
post Jun 14 2012, 12:14 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

it seems like faber ria/faber heights is a nice place to stay. might be looking for a place to rent/buy soon. pm me if u have contacts. thanks
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 11:07 AM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

any update on ur purchase?
xproc
post Jan 11 2013, 03:57 PM

free for all
4,395 posts

any update on this thread?
benji@kl
post Jan 13 2013, 08:47 AM

26 posts

I have an unit in Faber Ria for sale low rise 1600 sq ft (3+1)pm me for more details
zachozoi
post Jan 13 2013, 09:31 AM

u come at the king, u best not miss
748 posts

QUOTE(kok_pun @ Feb 11 2011, 12:21 AM)
top notch security and top notch maintenance.... it looks well even after more than 15 years.....

faber ria is around +/- 280k if not mistaken
yes very true...
zachozoi
post Jan 13 2013, 09:33 AM

u come at the king, u best not miss
748 posts

QUOTE(benji@kl @ Jan 12 2013, 11:47 PM)
I have an unit in Faber Ria for sale low rise 1600 sq ft (3+1)pm me for more details
pm me...
optimus28
post Jan 13 2013, 10:52 AM

On my way to??
681 posts

QUOTE(benji@kl @ Jan 13 2013, 08:47 AM)
how much you wiling to sell? Is it freehold?
tehtmc
post Jan 13 2013, 11:16 AM

Regular
Validating
1,333 posts

Faber Ria apartments are all freehold.

Walk-up or walk-down? How many car parks?
Intermediate or corner?
MikeTC
post May 5 2015, 01:12 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

Faber Ria has appreciated 3 fold since 2009, and rental is very nice indeed (compared against cost i.e. loan repayment, maint & sinking fund).

Donwside is, the condo is very old, so owners have to be vigilant about maintenance issues on the property in general as well as within their own units.

I wonder what happens when this condo gets too old? like approaching it's 50's. Structurally, this property is a solid as an ancient redwood tree, and reasonably well maintained. But, I cannot say the same about things like electrical & plumbing infra, as those corrode over time.

Any comments by those in the know?

vanzict
post Jun 4 2016, 05:27 PM

32 posts

Hi anyone knows if there's any available room for rent in these units? Preferably medium room
vibey
post Sep 20 2016, 02:46 AM

Getting Started
169 posts

Im pretty certain that , going forward, Taman Desa, will continue to appreciate. Hardly any extra land to build anything. Prices are still strong despite market sentiment for the past 2 - 3 years. If you are currently an owner of any landed properties there. Congrats to you. you'll hardly go wrong with it. smile.gif
jtwh1990
post Sep 22 2016, 12:51 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(vibey @ Sep 20 2016, 02:46 AM)
Im pretty certain that , going forward, Taman Desa, will continue to appreciate. Hardly any extra land to build anything. Prices are still strong despite market sentiment for the past 2 - 3 years. If you are currently an owner of any landed properties there. Congrats to you. you'll hardly go wrong with it.  smile.gif
Really? but some said if there are no any new development in the area, the capital will harder to appreciate.
Usually new development will boost up the price. What do you think?
gks
post Sep 22 2016, 12:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,777 posts

QUOTE(jtwh1990 @ Sep 22 2016, 12:51 PM)
Really?  but some said if there are no any new development in the area, the capital will harder to appreciate.
Usually new development will boost up the price.  What do you think?
when demand > supply, price will go up. Supply is stagnant and therefore the variable here is only demand.

What u referred above is the cost push factor by developer that speculators advocated during the heyday 2009-11. But I believe many are and will get burnt especially those investing in new townships where they are expecting cost push by developers will help them to sell their property with profit. And since the cost push didn't happen for past few years, they are advocating the own stayers to move in to stimulate the demand side.
jtwh1990
post Sep 22 2016, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(gks @ Sep 22 2016, 12:58 PM)
when demand > supply, price will go up. Supply is stagnant and therefore the variable here is only demand. 

What u referred above is the cost push factor by developer that speculators advocated during the heyday 2009-11. But I believe many are and will get burnt especially those investing in new townships where they are expecting cost push by developers will help them to sell their property with profit. And since the cost push didn't happen for past few years, they are advocating the own stayers to move in to stimulate the demand side.
I see~ Thanks for your great insight.
For own stay purpose, do you think Taman Desa is a right time to go in now?
I know ppl always said for own stay anytime is a great timing, but if we able to buy at the low price of course will be much better, we will have extra money to do renovation etc.

Look back those old post really pain in the ass, most of the price they mentioned already double or triple.

gks
post Sep 22 2016, 01:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,777 posts

QUOTE(jtwh1990 @ Sep 22 2016, 01:16 PM)
I see~  Thanks for your great insight.
For own stay purpose, do you think Taman Desa is a right time to go in now?
I know ppl always said for own stay anytime is a great timing, but if we able to buy at the low price of course will be much better, we will have extra money to do renovation etc.

Look back those old post really pain in the ass, most of the price they mentioned already double or triple.
I can't help you to predict the future. There will always some desperate sellers. For their own personal reason and not related to property, location and economy. Also depends on whether you are desperate or not.

You can't change history that market has moved but you should work on what you can control such as budget, contingency, negotiation etc. Of course nothing wrong if you choose to hold on your purchase. You might able to pick bargain or rue of the missing opportunity.

IMO, if you already decide on taman desa it will be more meaningful if u engage with agents and show that you are serious buyers. Agents are more helpful and will try to secure the best offer if they know you are serious.

All the best.

This post has been edited by gks: Sep 22 2016, 01:44 PM
jtwh1990
post Sep 22 2016, 03:40 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(gks @ Sep 22 2016, 01:38 PM)
I can't help you to predict the future. There will always some desperate sellers. For their own personal reason and not related to property, location and economy. Also depends on whether you are desperate or not.

You can't change history that market has moved but you should work on what you can control such as budget, contingency, negotiation etc. Of course nothing wrong if you choose to hold on your purchase. You might able to pick bargain or rue of the missing opportunity.

IMO, if you already decide on taman desa it will be more meaningful if u engage with agents and show that you are serious buyers. Agents are more helpful and will try to secure the best offer if they know you are serious.

All the best.
Thanks a lot! really help a lot with your wise knowledge.
Are you really familiar with Taman Desa? I saw there are few lands in Taman desa from Google Map, seems like vacant and filled with trees or grass, is that possible to turn into any development?
vibey
post Sep 22 2016, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

QUOTE(jtwh1990 @ Sep 22 2016, 12:51 PM)
Really?  but some said if there are no any new development in the area, the capital will harder to appreciate.
Usually new development will boost up the price.  What do you think?
Look at the Federal territory map, where is mid valley, KL eco city and the future Bandar Malaysia + HSR , then you check where is Taman Desa ..the entire southern corridor is heating up..and taman desa/old Klang road will the first areas to benefit from this

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0547sec    0.76    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:10 AM