Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Faber Condo's @ Taman Desa, Investment

views

SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 07:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Taman Desa is a place for people who wants to stay there, I agree. Public Transport wise there's only 1 No.72 Bus going around the area down to old klang road->federal highway->kl central->pasar seni.

But if you drive, or want to find a place close to everywhere it's one of the best spots. Traffic Jam is minimal compared to places like Ampang, Cheras.

Anyone stay in Casa Desa? Care to take some interior pictures to share? It looks like it's just next to the slope, and I see few 2-3 storey units around the slope, what's so special about these units?

Rental around that area can fetch rm2000 but appreciation is little, it's just a hidden gem i guess.
SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Can describe to me which one is Faber Ria? I saw a few condo hidden beside the road going up hill, don't know what they are called. Are they good?

I just checked Casa Desa's Layout, pretty awkward I have to say. Seems not my ideal. But I have yet seen the facilities and stuff. Looks like a green castle beside the slope. I think the reason it doesn't fetch high rental is because it's Green, and it's not as happening as the commercial areas. The area opposite Casa Desa, I've stayed around that area for 2 years yet I barely go there. If by foot is getting food easy? I know it's the closest to Old Klang Road.

Do you know the list of freehold vs leasehold condos in Taman Desa? What about the landed properties are they freehold?

I'm not that particular about appreciation, but hoping i can get something around 200k-300k, can attract decent rentals but won't depreciate in price at least. I believe that area will hardly sustain depreciation in long term due to it's strategic location.

So far Danau Permai is the best condo I've ever been to around the area, haven't been to the expensive one opposite those new 1million houses, but i notice most new condo are located near slopes.

Am hoping price will drop during the financial crisis.
SUSadvocado
post Feb 23 2009, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

Thanks for the info. Still a long way to go for investment.

I'm staying in TD (2.5yrs now) and looking at the rents I pay every month I though might be better to buy a unit instead of financing other people.

I wonder if it's a wise choice to get lease hold condos, the ones around Shell Station like Danau Permai & Danau Impian are all leasehold, the one next to Shell Station forgot the name and then the rest are behind the Traffic Lights with lots of high tension cables. I see there are some houses behind those condo (road straight go out to Old Klang road) but I have yet explored that area.

Danau Permai seems a pretty good condo but again it's leasehold... Danau Impian is too old, good for simple life. Not sure about the rest.

Casa Desa and the rest along the road seems good, but abit far from the Commercial Centre & the Park, need to drive. But sometimes I just prefer to have a short walk for food.

What about the commercial centre opposite Casa Desa? I see from outside doesn't look much attractive. How's the food, and supermarket over there? Or need to go to Shell area or Old Klang Road?

Right now I don't know if I'm gonna continue staying in KL, but would like to get a unit here as I think i don't feel like staying in other areas after staying here. Places like Kuchai Lama & Sri Petaling are just next door but they don't feel anything like TD. Been to Damansara & other places but those places give me a stranger kinda feeling... even though foreigners have increased around this area, most people especially staying in landed properties have been staying here for 20-30years, so the community is rather strong compared to other places.

So my main goal if I purchase a unit here won't be for investment but more for staying, but I do hope at the very least it won't depreciate in long run & can get decent rentals if I chose to rent it out.

Other than Danau Permai, the only one i see is Casa Desa, haven't got the chance to Fabers, there's a new condo opposite the new 1million banglow area but I hear it's very very expensive, on slope hill too.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.89    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:03 PM