Faber Condo's @ Taman Desa, Investment

views

merce
post Dec 26 2008, 10:34 PM

Casual
474 posts

QUOTE(Pai @ Dec 25 2008, 09:26 PM)
Hi Phoeni,

Went to check few Tmn Desa properties few months back due its decent rental yield, but decided not to go for it due to :

1. No LRT now or in the new future, hence I suspect current rental yield in Tmn Desa might not be sustainable or remains flat especially when there will be plenty of new supply coming from the Kerinchi area.

2. Had a fren who bought Tiara Faber for 250k 5 years ago..............and today its still sells for 250k. Im not overly optimistic over its capital appreciation prospects. Rental yield also so-so.

3. Rental yield about 7%-8% only, so in the end I went for something with better yields n capital gains prospects.

wink.gif
I kinda agree with Pai,

I've moved to Taman Desa 3 months back. Rented an apartment there(or condo... i still cant tell the different blink.gif )

Security wise, its definitely better than certain areas.

However, if you are looking for an appreciation return i personally find that it's not really a good option. Track records shows hardly any appreciation gain on those few high-rise for the past 10 years. Rental investment seems fairly decent, i don't see lots of units to-let so i guess the rate of occupancy seems high enough. Most of the high-rise there are leasehold, and the one around the commercial square at the shell station inside are unit with 950sqf+ at the price of RM 180k-RM220k is rented out for at least RM 950.

Casa Desa seems rather nice. Last i heard unit around 1200sqf is going RM 300k and above. i plan to buy one in year 2009, but now i rather look else place, since there is speculation that properties price might drop to a certain level.

Desa Villa seems like a nice piece of property too, cept its at least RM 320k for a unit... over budget for me(but i like the surrounding there. laugh.gif )

At this time, the area i'm looking at are Sentul (but i think its a bit late for me to go in already...) and Puchong(Bukit Jalil, Bandar Puteri and nearby areas) Most of them are within the RM 200k - RM 300k range and seems to be growing rather fast lately.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Regards,

Merce Chua
Mortgage Sales Executive
OCBC Bank (M) Berhad
019 -913 1127
ChuaCChie@OCBC.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0180sec    0.86    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:07 PM