Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Bank the lousiest Service.

views

youngman28
post Feb 21 2013, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(xgenomer @ Feb 18 2013, 01:04 PM)
maybank OTC services is suck beyond ....... dont know wwat word i can use to describe.. went to 3 branches.. and many times.. and everytime i went to deal with them, sure met with attitude problem OTC ppls.. sumtime got no face to promote to me the insurance and ignore my original request...zzzzz
Tiger Bank staffs suck big time, even i didnot go to their branch, apply for Treat point redemption through net and follow up by phone call, it take 2 month to delivery the coupon, need to follow up closely 2-3 time then can get the deal done.
InvisibleShark
post Feb 21 2013, 09:31 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(youngman28 @ Feb 21 2013, 09:26 AM)
Tiger Bank staffs suck big time, even i didnot go to their branch, apply for Treat point redemption through net and follow up by phone call, it take 2 month to delivery the coupon, need to follow up closely 2-3 time then can get the deal done.
SUXXXX BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!
davinz18
post Feb 21 2013, 03:41 PM

начинаещ
7,142 posts

Tiger Bank OTC sucks big time. The staff do work very slow & don't smile (gets angry if ask question). Waiting time also very long. When want to take number also ask lots of question, then at same time try to promote their products (I don't want also try to convince me)
semerah padi
post Feb 22 2013, 08:48 PM

18 posts

Top worse service
1. Bsn
2.maybank
3.cimb

Top performence
1. Public bank
2.affin bank
3. Hong leong bank
value_investor
post Jan 3 2015, 11:49 AM

Casual
493 posts

I think Chinese shouldn't be running banks. As all banks run by Chinese in Malaysia and Singapore have the worst online banking system. They (Alliance Bank, Hong Leong, OCBC and Public Bank) are bureaucratic and inefficient compared to Malay and foreign run banks (CIMB, Citibank, HSBC and Maybank).

I'm a Chinese myself and wanted to support Chinese banks, but was disappointed each and every time.
cfa28
post Jan 3 2015, 04:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,739 posts

Worst bank for me has to be Chinese Indian Malay Bank.
Kcee
post Jan 3 2015, 05:07 PM

On my way
587 posts

QUOTE(value_investor @ Jan 3 2015, 11:49 AM)
I think Chinese shouldn't be running banks. As all banks run by Chinese in Malaysia and Singapore have the worst online banking system. They (Alliance Bank, Hong Leong, OCBC and Public Bank) are bureaucratic and inefficient compared to Malay and foreign run banks (CIMB, Citibank, HSBC and Maybank).

I'm a Chinese myself and wanted to support Chinese banks, but was disappointed each and every time.
I agree with you. wouldn't want to add more comments as most people generally have this idea that Chinese are 'efficient' in all fields.
SUSPink Spider
post Jan 3 2015, 05:17 PM

Formerly known as Prince_Hamsap
16,872 posts

Jadi racial thread pulak biggrin.gif

Let me add:

Malays generally are willing to spend to improve things; to them, experience > $$$
Whereas Chinese are generally kedekut, calculative; to them, experience < $$$

That's why, Malay-run banks generally have good online banking system and service
Whereas Chinese-run banks are more profitable! See Public Bank, Hong Leong Bank and Alliance Bank, they have the industry-leading profitability. Maybank and CIMB pulak have very high cost base and overheads.

From my experience...

Corporate banking-wise, AmBank has served me and my company best - flexible, accommodating, service-oriented. thumbup.gif
But I also have decent experience with UOB... wink.gif
(Local) Chinaman banks pulak...as mentioned above, plenty of red tape, everything also need approval by who and who doh.gif

Personal banking-wise...no comment, cos I rarely interact personally with bankers, everything is done online nowadays biggrin.gif

P.S. - I'm Chinese

This post has been edited by Pink Spider: Jan 3 2015, 06:10 PM
Kcee
post Jan 3 2015, 05:49 PM

On my way
587 posts

Great reply and comments you've given there. well, let's not use the words 'racial profiling'. perhaps,'general consensus'?
value_investor
post Jan 4 2015, 10:38 PM

Casual
493 posts

QUOTE(Kcee @ Jan 3 2015, 05:49 PM)
Great reply and comments you've given there. well, let's not use the words 'racial profiling'. perhaps,'general consensus'?
Not that we wanted to be racial profiling, but it seems obvious that Chinese run banks suck badly in customer service and user experience, well maybe good for investors, but long run not good for their own image. Just like Apple ultimately killed off all handphone pioneers because Apple focuses on customers, while others focused on profit margin.

Hopefully some Cina-pek bankers can hear this and improve on this. This is speaking from someone who has millions in deposits, and i already closed down all my Chinese bank accounts and moved to as mentioned.

This post has been edited by value_investor: Jan 4 2015, 10:40 PM
nexona88
post Jan 4 2015, 10:44 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,656 posts

-deleted- tongue.gif

This post has been edited by nexona88: Jan 5 2015, 09:47 PM
wenkernboys01
post Mar 14 2018, 05:06 PM

37 posts

*deleted