35 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> RPM reading @ 110km/h, survey

views

kevin23
post Aug 1 2008, 03:15 PM

Regular
1,378 posts

My Myvi RPM is 2.9k at 110km/h...Is it normal? Or should it be lower..My dadz 4wd only 2.2kRPM at 120km/h but bigger CC lah.
sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 03:17 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 02:56 PM)
so lets say im using campro now n using this INVECSII (i think) gearbox from mitsu...

izzit possible to change to other gearbox? lets say from mitsu also, izzit possible?

btw, i still dun get it, in campro, got engine braking concept rite, the one which will lower ur gear when u going downhill..

will it consume petrol more? lets say i drive at 90km/h with around 2.6k rpm, n suddenly the engine braking activated when going downhill without pressing the pedal..

so should i press the pedal more lets say 110km/h at 3k rpm so the engine braking will not activated or juz let the engine braking lower the gear and make it whooping at around 4k rpm at 90km/h without pressing the pedal sweat.gif

which one consume less fuel? sweat.gif

sori if im talking crap here sweat.gif im no good in engrish sweat.gif
Engine braking does not use fuel. At that moment, it is the wheels driving the engine and the throttle body is shut. There is no need for fuel to go into the engine until the idling control valve takes over when the RPM drops too low. So there is no waste of fuel.

Those people driving autos would appreciate the engine braking feature in the campro when they come down from Genting.

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:19 pm
QUOTE(phas3r @ Aug 1 2008, 02:41 PM)
Satria Neo 1.6(A) 110km/h = 3000rpm highest gear(4th)

so if the readings of the speedo are not affected by rim size, means say if 13" rims, 110km/h real speed,110km/h speedo speed, 3000rpm.....
n then use 16" rims 130km/h real speed, 110km/h speedo speed, 3000rpm..
means use bigger rims can make your car quieter??
Most of the time the differences is maxed out at about 5% and not as much as you have mentioned. We were over exaggerating our examples before this to emphasis the point of the discussion.

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:22 pm
QUOTE(b00n @ Aug 1 2008, 02:44 PM)
Quieter?....... rclxub.gif
He thinks that he could oversize his tyre to the point where he gains a 20% increment in speed difference so that he could actually travel at 3k rpm @ 110km/h (meter speed) but moving at 130km/h on his actual speed.

This post has been edited by sleepwalker: Aug 1 2008, 03:22 PM
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

err anyone can answer me bout the gearbox? can we change to other gearbox?
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 02:56 PM)
so lets say im using campro now n using this INVECSII (i think) gearbox from mitsu...

izzit possible to change to other gearbox? lets say from mitsu also, izzit possible?

btw, i still dun get it, in campro, got engine braking concept rite, the one which will lower ur gear when u going downhill..

will it consume petrol more? lets say i drive at 90km/h with around 2.6k rpm, n suddenly the engine braking activated when going downhill without pressing the pedal..

so should i press the pedal more lets say 110km/h at 3k rpm so the engine braking will not activated or juz let the engine braking lower the gear and make it whooping at around 4k rpm at 90km/h without pressing the pedal sweat.gif

which one consume less fuel? sweat.gif

sori if im talking crap here sweat.gif im no good in engrish sweat.gif
No wasting petrol.. your fuel consume maintain at RPM 1100 rate smile.gif
dstl1128
post Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,442 posts

Vios/Belta 2.5krpm @ 110km/h. (2krpm @ 80km/h)
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:17 PM)
Engine braking does not use fuel. At that moment, it is the wheels driving the engine and the throttle body is shut. There is no need for fuel to go into the engine until the idling control valve takes over when the RPM drops too low. So there is no waste of fuel.

Those people driving autos would appreciate the engine braking feature in the campro when they come down from Genting.

No use fuel no into engine will mati engine laa..haha

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:29 pm
QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM)
Yes, you can change suitable gearbox.
But i dunno which gearbox can install in only.

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Aug 1 2008, 03:29 PM
dstl1128
post Aug 1 2008, 03:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,442 posts

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM)
Car draging the engine, the engine is moving, how to mati - the engine is driven by external force.

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:34 pm
QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM)
It might not be a perfect fit and 'long lasting' might be an issue. eg. Fitting a K50 trans (KE70 manual) on a 4AGE (AE86) would kill the K50 faster. Hence it is better to get T50 (AE86 trans) together with 4AGE for mods.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 1 2008, 03:35 PM
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 03:34 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

so we can install gearbox diff from ours if compatible? no nid to change other things besides our gearbox only? so wat gearbox is suitable for this camtakpro engine besides wat we hav now la? sweat.gif
dstl1128
post Aug 1 2008, 03:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,442 posts

Different gearbox sure, either there is a commercially available compatible (mounting) ones, or you found a gear machinist that could machines out the cogs/gears with the ratio you like. If you have the money, even mounting can be changed.

Hmm... Possibly those from Mitsubishi or Renault ones might be possible for the Campro.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 1 2008, 03:40 PM
sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 03:39 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM)

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:29 pm
Yes, you can change suitable gearbox.
But i dunno which gearbox can install in only.
This shows how little you know about engines. Fuel is need to keep the engine alive when it is idle. You don't need fuel to keep the engine alive when it is driven by an external force.

On our car's ignition switch, there are 3 positions. First is OFF. Name me the other 2. If you don't know what they are, then there is no point continuing this discussion as you would not understand. Once you find out what they are, you would understand why I said that you don't need fuel to keep the engine alive.

Another hint.. Why can the car be pushed start when the battery is dead? There is no fuel in the engine and there is no battery to crank the starter but PRESTO... magically the car can start when it is pushed. If you get my hint, you would understand.

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:44 pm
QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:34 PM)
so we can install gearbox diff from ours if compatible? no nid to change other things besides our gearbox only? so wat gearbox is suitable for this camtakpro engine besides wat we hav now la? sweat.gif
The question now is what gearbox is the campro based on? I can't remember. I've lost track of Proton Campro developments as most parts are not related to Mitsu anymore.

It's always possible to change if it fits but why do you want to? Why change when there is nothing wrong with the gearbox?

This post has been edited by sleepwalker: Aug 1 2008, 03:44 PM
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 03:45 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

so it is possible rite? juz the long lasting n compatible issue only rite?

thnx for the explanation biggrin.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:48 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:39 PM)
This shows how little you know about engines. Fuel is need to keep the engine alive when it is idle. You don't need fuel to keep the engine alive when it is driven by an external force.

On our car's ignition switch, there are 3 positions. First is OFF. Name me the other 2. If you don't know what they are, then there is no point continuing this discussion as you would not understand. Once you find out what they are, you would understand why I said that you don't need fuel to keep the engine alive.

Another hint.. Why can the car be pushed start when the battery is dead? There is no fuel in the engine and there is no battery to crank the starter but PRESTO... magically the car can start when it is pushed. If you get my hint, you would understand.
Aiya i know that..
It use external force to turn on your engine.. but u forget after turn on the engine, the engine also need keep using fuel to keep alive.
You say down hill.. yes, engine still alive. But it will die when at flat road when u are no fuel !

Your example is use for battery dead. But when it push and get starter the car. you also need fuel..

No fuel go engine = engine dead.
Pls.... no engine will running will alive without fuel unless u force him by your self. wink.gif
popnyat
post Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM

28 posts

hahaha... engine still need fuel le.. its in idle even dragging by external force.. its preset by the fuel injector "engine management chip" and by manual twisting fuel screw beside my beloved bike carburetor..

no fuel engine mmg mati la.. hahaha.. internal combustion engine need momentum to stay continuous explosive..

penat engineer buat flywheel tu..

This post has been edited by popnyat: Aug 1 2008, 03:54 PM
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:54 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(popnyat @ Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM)
hahaha... engine still need fuel le.. its in idle even dragging by external force..  its preset by the fuel injector "engine management chip" and by manual twisting fuel screw beside my beloved bike..

no fuel engine mmg mati la.. hahaha.. internal combustion engine need momentum to stay continuous explosive..

penat engineer buat flywheel tu..
Ya la.. agree with u.
Maybe my english not good. so he confuse already. doh.gif
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 03:59 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

err if lets say u guys know campro auto gear is sluggish rite? u can feel the diff with other cars like p2 or other car manufacturer.. it is not very smooth, when from idle to 'd', the car will jerk a bit, not very smooth... the car is new...

so tht thing is related to engine or gearbox?

err ok so maybe i want wrong info here, sori sifoo sleepwalker notworthy.gif
popnyat
post Aug 1 2008, 04:00 PM

28 posts

hehe.. complicated dy.. heard of rotary? triangular shape horizontal spinning piston in rx8..
theanswer
post Aug 1 2008, 04:03 PM

Enthusiast
938 posts

Myvi Ezi 110kmh@3000rpm.
sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 04:05 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Aug 1 2008, 03:48 PM)
Aiya i know that..
It use external force to turn on your engine.. but u forget after turn on the engine, the engine also need keep using fuel to keep alive.
You say down hill.. yes, engine still alive. But it will die when at flat road when u are no fuel !

Your example is use for battery dead. But when it push and get starter the car. you also need fuel..

No fuel go engine = engine dead.
Pls.... no engine will running will alive without fuel unless u force him by your self.  wink.gif
You did not even read my reply properly. I said that there is no fuel used as you are going down hill until the idling controller takes over when the rpm is too low.

Once you hit flat road, the idling controller takes over and pumps fuel to keep the engine alive. While you are going down hill, fuel is not needed to keep the engine turning because it is being turned by the gearbox.
popnyat
post Aug 1 2008, 04:07 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:59 PM)
err if lets say u guys know campro auto gear is sluggish rite? u can feel the diff with other cars like p2 or other car manufacturer.. it is not very smooth, when from idle to 'd', the car will jerk a bit, not very smooth... the car is new...

so tht thing is related to engine or gearbox?

err ok so maybe i want wrong info here, sori sifoo sleepwalker notworthy.gif
Abit sluggish.. because of low torque in low revving campro.. even appear in lotus website.. they remedy this by introducing variable valve in CPS engine.. valve timing and opening duration by computer calculation..

one good thing about persona auto trans its 4th gear revving lower than 5th gear manual trans..

highway driving was superb.. but takdak pickup.. because high ratio different between each gear..

ultima.. i got persona too.. H-line.. thumbup.gif
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 04:11 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

who says i got persona whistling.gif tongue.gif

oo ok, so its the engine tht makes the gear sluggish rite? okok i got it, thnx u guys biggrin.gif

35 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0526sec    4.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 10:02 PM