Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> RPM reading @ 110km/h, survey

views

LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 09:51 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 09:42 AM)

Added on August 1, 2008, 9:44 am
Wrong. Rusty nail is correct. Your RPM per KM/H on your dashboard will still remain the same. The only thing that will change is your actual speed and not speedo speed, meaning if the police shoots the laser camera at you, then you will be driving at 120km/h but speed still show 110km/h. That is how bigger wheel OD will affect you. It will not affect your speedo but affects your actual speed.
Bro, you are wrong.
He mean RPM vs KMH..
It really will change when u change bigger sport rim
Police laser camera will shoot on our KMH speed. but we also see the speed is correct.
Only the RMP change lower litter bit, but laser camera is capture our KMH meter, not RPM meter.

Use math calculation..You will get when u use
KM/H = RIM round per hour VS RP/M = Gear round per min

13" 110@3k (you will feel your car powerful, pickup damn good)
15" 120@3k (you will feel still power ok)
17" 125@3k (you will feel your car no power)

**PS: when down hill, my car can reach 110kmh with 1000 RPM.. cause use free gear.

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Aug 1 2008, 10:06 AM
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 09:59 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Aug 1 2008, 09:56 AM)
Waja CPS (MT) 3.2k RPM@110km/h
My Gen2 campro engine also same.. consume petrol so much when RPM over 3k. sad.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 10:03 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(alabais @ Aug 1 2008, 10:01 AM)
Wira 1.5(M) 3.8K RPM for 110km/h ..
What gear u use ?
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 10:18 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Aug 1 2008, 10:06 AM)
I feels that there is no difference in term of FC while cruising at 110km/h and 14km/h. Several CPS user also confirmed this.  hmm.gif
Correct. Only the actual speed will change when changing rims size. Can try to googled cars bible and use the provieded calculator to see how much the difference.
I using campro tongue.gif
I also tried before...if i run over 130-160kmh (RPM stick at 3.5-4k). Only can run over 480KM per tank.
If drive slow slow 90KMH (RPM only 2.5-2.7k). I can run over 550KM per tank.

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Aug 1 2008, 10:19 AM
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 11:20 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(nimrod2 @ Aug 1 2008, 10:45 AM)
i think its more like urban legend.

haha i think for high capacity engines, its possible to have lower rpms.

for a 3.0L accord or bmw, i think the revs is around 2.5k or lower.
Depends the 3.0L accord or BMW how big Gear Box.. Gear radius/diameter is main course the RPM.
If 3.0L engine go with gen2 gear box.. it will same will go thru 3k rpm, 110kmh.

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Aug 1 2008, 11:25 AM
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 11:33 AM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(nimrod2 @ Aug 1 2008, 11:26 AM)
haha why u wanna compare this sorta things dude?

normal comparison only mah.
Dun let other ppl confuse only ma, hehe tongue.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 02:56 PM)
so lets say im using campro now n using this INVECSII (i think) gearbox from mitsu...

izzit possible to change to other gearbox? lets say from mitsu also, izzit possible?

btw, i still dun get it, in campro, got engine braking concept rite, the one which will lower ur gear when u going downhill..

will it consume petrol more? lets say i drive at 90km/h with around 2.6k rpm, n suddenly the engine braking activated when going downhill without pressing the pedal..

so should i press the pedal more lets say 110km/h at 3k rpm so the engine braking will not activated or juz let the engine braking lower the gear and make it whooping at around 4k rpm at 90km/h without pressing the pedal sweat.gif

which one consume less fuel? sweat.gif

sori if im talking crap here sweat.gif im no good in engrish sweat.gif
No wasting petrol.. your fuel consume maintain at RPM 1100 rate smile.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:27 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:17 PM)
Engine braking does not use fuel. At that moment, it is the wheels driving the engine and the throttle body is shut. There is no need for fuel to go into the engine until the idling control valve takes over when the RPM drops too low. So there is no waste of fuel.

Those people driving autos would appreciate the engine braking feature in the campro when they come down from Genting.

No use fuel no into engine will mati engine laa..haha

Added on August 1, 2008, 3:29 pm
QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:26 PM)
err anyone can answer me bout the gearbox? can we change to other gearbox?
Yes, you can change suitable gearbox.
But i dunno which gearbox can install in only.

This post has been edited by LeVis_Jeans: Aug 1 2008, 03:29 PM
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:48 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:39 PM)
This shows how little you know about engines. Fuel is need to keep the engine alive when it is idle. You don't need fuel to keep the engine alive when it is driven by an external force.

On our car's ignition switch, there are 3 positions. First is OFF. Name me the other 2. If you don't know what they are, then there is no point continuing this discussion as you would not understand. Once you find out what they are, you would understand why I said that you don't need fuel to keep the engine alive.

Another hint.. Why can the car be pushed start when the battery is dead? There is no fuel in the engine and there is no battery to crank the starter but PRESTO... magically the car can start when it is pushed. If you get my hint, you would understand.
Aiya i know that..
It use external force to turn on your engine.. but u forget after turn on the engine, the engine also need keep using fuel to keep alive.
You say down hill.. yes, engine still alive. But it will die when at flat road when u are no fuel !

Your example is use for battery dead. But when it push and get starter the car. you also need fuel..

No fuel go engine = engine dead.
Pls.... no engine will running will alive without fuel unless u force him by your self. wink.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 03:54 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(popnyat @ Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM)
hahaha... engine still need fuel le.. its in idle even dragging by external force..  its preset by the fuel injector "engine management chip" and by manual twisting fuel screw beside my beloved bike..

no fuel engine mmg mati la.. hahaha.. internal combustion engine need momentum to stay continuous explosive..

penat engineer buat flywheel tu..
Ya la.. agree with u.
Maybe my english not good. so he confuse already. doh.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 04:23 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:17 PM)
Engine braking does not use fuel. At that moment, it is the wheels driving the engine and the throttle body is shut. There is no need for fuel to go into the engine until the idling control valve takes over when the RPM drops too low. So there is no waste of fuel.

Those people driving autos would appreciate the engine braking feature in the campro when they come down from Genting.

U say no use fuel. sweat.gif
But it still need use fuel to make it alive. But it auto control from valve only.

I told the guy is "fuel consume still maintain around RPM 1100 rate"

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0512sec    4.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2020 - 11:54 AM