views

sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 04:15 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(popnyat @ Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM)
hahaha... engine still need fuel le.. its in idle even dragging by external force..  its preset by the fuel injector "engine management chip" and by manual twisting fuel screw beside my beloved bike carburetor..

no fuel engine mmg mati la.. hahaha.. internal combustion engine need momentum to stay continuous explosive..

penat engineer buat flywheel tu..
Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Only engines with ECU will cut fuel to the engine when you are going down hill. Engine will not mati because your ignition is still in ON position. The spark plugs are still firing but there is no need for fuel as the engine has not mati yet because it is being driven by your gearbox.

If you are driving a car with ECU, here is a simple test you can do to. Rev your car on idle until 5000rpm. Let go of the throttle. As the RPM falls, there is actually no fuel going into the engine as the throttle body is closed and the rpm is driven by the spinning flywheel. Just as the RPM is about to drop to ZERO, the car engine suddenly shakes and RPM goes back up to 800-1000rpm (idling rpm). This is where the idling control valve takes over and pumps fuel into your engine to keep it alive.

IF you ever rev to 5000rpm and then turn off the engine, the RPM will not suddenly drop to zero, it will just fall like normal and if you turn on the engine (turn to postion ON (position 2), not ignition position (position 3)), the engine will come back to live again (if you can do it before the rpm drop to zero). You most probably won't understand what I'm talking about here. Some other would.. they might want to explain it better. What I'm trying to say is that your engine will not mati immediately when you turn off the fuel, as long as some else is turning the engine.
popnyat
post Aug 1 2008, 04:17 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 04:11 PM)
who says i got persona whistling.gif tongue.gif

oo ok, so its the engine tht makes the gear sluggish rite? okok i got it, thnx u guys biggrin.gif
haha..dont have it but asking around how to change gear box? hmm.gif hmm.gif

Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 04:21 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

so if we off the engine at 5k rpm, it will make pop sound rite? like the mat rempit always do, rev hi then off engine, on it again, got pop sound tongue.gif

juz need a knowledge, no nid a car rite? whistling.gif tongue.gif
LeVis_Jeans
post Aug 1 2008, 04:23 PM

On my way
506 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 03:17 PM)
Engine braking does not use fuel. At that moment, it is the wheels driving the engine and the throttle body is shut. There is no need for fuel to go into the engine until the idling control valve takes over when the RPM drops too low. So there is no waste of fuel.

Those people driving autos would appreciate the engine braking feature in the campro when they come down from Genting.

U say no use fuel. sweat.gif
But it still need use fuel to make it alive. But it auto control from valve only.

I told the guy is "fuel consume still maintain around RPM 1100 rate"

sphiroth
post Aug 1 2008, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,804 posts

QUOTE(popnyat @ Aug 1 2008, 04:17 PM)
haha..dont have it but asking around how to change gear box?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
Can try this
www.safetyperformancestyle.com

They got campro transmission final drive. But got server problem today...
sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 04:25 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 04:21 PM)
so if we off the engine at 5k rpm, it will make pop sound rite? like the mat rempit always do, rev hi then off engine, on it again, got pop sound tongue.gif

juz need a knowledge, no nid a car rite? whistling.gif tongue.gif
Hahah.. the infamous carburator POP. This works only in carb engines as they don't have fuel injectors. Fuel is sucked into the engine by the vacuum, so they rev the engine and then turn off the ignition (no more spark from the sparkplug). Since the engine is still moving, it draws fuel into the combustion chamber from the carb and out into the enhaust. The moment you turn the igniton back on, the spark plugs fires and all the unburnt fuel explodes, giving you that POP sound macam gunshot.

Added on August 1, 2008, 4:27 pm
QUOTE(LeVis_Jeans @ Aug 1 2008, 04:23 PM)
U say no use fuel.  sweat.gif
But it still need use fuel to make it alive. But it auto control from valve only.

I told the guy is "fuel consume still maintain around RPM 1100 rate"
Correct. So when people ask if engine braking at high rpm is wasting fuel or not, the answer is NO. Remember, the original question was about whether then engine use fuel while doing engine braking. Once you hit idling rpm, it is no longer engine braking and fuel will be required to keep the engine alive.

This post has been edited by sleepwalker: Aug 1 2008, 04:27 PM
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 04:30 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

so the pop sound only on carb? if efi no sound? dmn thts boring tongue.gif

but izzit harmful? damaged ur engine?
inoitu
post Aug 1 2008, 04:32 PM

Regular
1,526 posts

No report on City at 120kph? Is it true that IDSI runs 120 kph at below 2k rpm? I think someone local wrote that online somewhere.
sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 04:35 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 04:30 PM)
so the pop sound only on carb? if efi no sound? dmn thts boring tongue.gif

but izzit harmful? damaged ur engine?
Only carb. EFi ECU will not pump fuel once you turn off the ignition. No fuel will collect in the combustion chamber and exhaust. With such a big uncontrolled explosion in your engine and exhaust, what do you think? Harmful or not? I believe you can answer that question yourself.
inoitu
post Aug 1 2008, 04:38 PM

Regular
1,526 posts

QUOTE(invisiblelim @ Aug 1 2008, 10:11 AM)
i wanna ask.. i driving Kancil 850 Auto, RPM is maintain 3k when i was on 80km/h, is count normal or got problem? full tank RM60, can only go for 200+ km, count as normal??
Isnt the FC is on the very high side? 100% stop-go-stop-go driving? Or is it possible the Auto is not running at top gear, somethiong wrong with the torque converter? No comments from other Kancil 880 Auto users?
Ultima
post Aug 1 2008, 04:46 PM

KiRiSuTe GoMeN
5,133 posts

em maybe it is harmful i think hmm.gif tongue.gif

but i do it on my bike only, if damaged juz small cost only whistling.gif tongue.gif

so if lets say put the turbo in ur car, the rpm still the same like normal?

i do read in certain cars, turbo can reduce ur fc, does it mean running the car in lower rpm?
electron
post Aug 1 2008, 04:55 PM

Regular
1,174 posts

QUOTE(inoitu @ Aug 1 2008, 04:32 PM)
No report on City at 120kph?  Is it true that IDSI runs 120 kph at below 2k rpm? I think someone local wrote that online somewhere.
should be around 2800 rpm
if below 2k rpm, it's either the speedometer spoilt or he's going down a steep hill (but i doubt the city has that high a gearing)
-storm-
post Aug 1 2008, 04:59 PM

Hmmm........
2,096 posts

my saga blm auto 110kmph at 3100k rpm
dstl1128
post Aug 1 2008, 05:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,442 posts

QUOTE(popnyat @ Aug 1 2008, 04:07 PM)
one good thing about persona auto trans its 4th gear revving lower than 5th gear manual trans..
Most 4spd auto (with OD) version of the car vs 5spd manual version, the 4th gear auto rev is usually lower than 5th gear manual rev. It is simply just not a special thing about Persona - it's just a conventional situation. icon_rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 03:59 PM)
err if lets say u guys know campro auto gear is sluggish rite? u can feel the diff with other cars like p2 or other car manufacturer.. it is not very smooth, when from idle to 'd', the car will jerk a bit, not very smooth... the car is new...
so tht thing is related to engine or gearbox?
If you didn't brake while N->D, the car will jerk a bit, or even some soft knocking sound can be heard. This happen on other cars as well. I suppose there is some electronic controling being done on the auto box when detected you've pressed on the brake.
eg. My guess are:
- Without the brake, the autobox will engage the gear with the TC (torque converter) 'tightened' or locked up.
- With the brake, the autobox will engage the gear with the TC in a more 'free play' mode.

Added on August 1, 2008, 5:02 pm
QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 04:46 PM)

but i do it on my bike only, if damaged juz small cost only whistling.gif tongue.gif

i do read in certain cars, turbo can reduce ur fc, does it mean running the car in lower rpm?
If everything matched and tuned properly.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 1 2008, 05:04 PM
kucingfight
post Aug 1 2008, 05:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,404 posts

Wira 1.6A XLI

110KM/H ~ 2.6k rpm
inoitu
post Aug 1 2008, 05:36 PM

Regular
1,526 posts

QUOTE(Ultima @ Aug 1 2008, 04:46 PM)

RPM? Meaning at the same speed the rpm must be the same since the gear ratio is the same. With turbocharging you should achive higher rpms than before without.
b00n
post Aug 1 2008, 05:53 PM

delusional
Group Icon
Staff
9,137 posts

QUOTE(inoitu @ Aug 1 2008, 05:36 PM)
RPM? Meaning at the same speed the rpm must be the same since the gear ratio is the same.  With turbocharging you should achive higher rpms than before without.

With turbo charging or forced induction the only difference is it will get you there much earlier. Nothing to do with RPMs.

sleepwalker
post Aug 1 2008, 06:11 PM

Need sleep....
Group Icon
Staff
5,374 posts

QUOTE(b00n @ Aug 1 2008, 05:53 PM)
With turbo charging or forced induction the only difference is it will get you there much earlier. Nothing to do with RPMs.
Ah.. yes.. "It's not how fast you can go but how quickly you can go fast" - quoted by Sleepwalker 1st August 2008 6:11pm... hahahahhaa..
alkt
post Aug 1 2008, 06:15 PM

^_^
Group Icon
VIP
10,215 posts

QUOTE(sleepwalker @ Aug 1 2008, 06:11 PM)
Ah.. yes.. "It's not how fast you can go but how quickly you can go fast" - quoted by Sleepwalker 1st August 2008 6:11pm... hahahahhaa..
doh.gif
tonight how?
laugh.gif

my car is 110km/h at 3100 rpm sad.gif
arsenal
post Aug 1 2008, 06:40 PM

THE GUNNERS
2,309 posts

2.5k rpm

35 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version