Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

85 Pages « < 82 83 84 85 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official STAR WARS Movies/TV Thread, FORCE AWAKENS | ROGUE ONE | SW VIII (Movies)

views

edan1979
post Dec 30 2019, 06:28 PM

*GruMpy_MoDe*
4,054 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Dec 29 2019, 04:39 AM)
1:55
laugh.gif lol.gif

hahahaha... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif nice mask
skylinelover
post Dec 31 2019, 07:31 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,761 posts

awww cutesy lust.gif lust.gif
orga_laut
post Jan 1 2020, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

lol

user posted image

defaultname365
post Jan 2 2020, 01:36 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

Finally watched this on the eve of NY.

It was decent, average at best. TFA & TLJ > Rise of Skywalker, easily for me.

The whole Palpatine returning only to be you-know-what in the end = the writers claim this is to conclude the 40 year+ story that started with "A New Hope".

If you buy into that, then great. As for me - - they were clear cut signs that Palpatine wasn't even considered a plot point in "The Force Awakens" and "The Last Jedi" - it was made up as they went along.

Plenty of callbacks to the past films, especially towards the end with the voices to Rey. Kudos to those who actually agreed to lend their voices. For the first time, Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels characters too.

...but on a filmic level, quite possibly one of the worst SW films (Episode I being the other). Inconsistent, boring at times (there was a moment I almost dozed off) and the 'fake outs' of character deaths/demise made it less impactful.

SPOILERS BELOW

The revelation that Rey was a Palp, was unsurprising. Somewhere in this thread (or was it a YT comment) was one of the theories discussed. The way it was shown in TRoS - - quite cringey / less memorable than I expected.

For me, TFA and TLJ were great... "Rise of Skywalker" - - not so much for me. It is true then, what they said; if you really liked TLJ (which I did), one will most likely not like TRoS.

The ending was oh so typical goody-two-shoes and the whole "you die, now i come back, now I die had" had me face-palming. doh.gif

Palp returning (no actual/proper explanation how - - you just got to take their word & with such brief Rey parents appearance) and the whole need for Rey to strike him down so that she will become the Empress laugh.gif sweat.gif

Leia using her force to turn Kylo Ren... hmm.. I guess they had to have a way to end her story. I felt it was quite cringey / almost as if they had no choice but to do a Last Jedi Luke demise (bless Carrie Fischer though).

The biggest surprise and a welcomed one - - Harrison Ford returning (Kylo's memory). It took a lot of $$$ for him to return in TFA, so this is a good surprise.

Two words to describe the film wasted potential. They played it safe.

Was I entertained? Sure. It was a good film for the sole purpose of being entertained albeit it did get boring at times, but for a Star Wars film, it just isn't remotely close to how well I thought TFA / TLJ were.

Biggest disappointment for me had to be Palpatine's return only to be killed again (properly I guess). Geesh.... doh.gif doh.gif

At best a 6/10 for me.

"Rey Skywalker"

yawn.gif

Btw, I'm loving The Mandalorian. They took a lot of freedom with the direction on the show but golly me, this show is EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD and so friggin cool. Refreshing yet it feels like a classic Star Wars plot/action. The music too... amazing. Every Episode thus far (on 6 right now) has been fantastic.
ikram_p
post Jan 2 2020, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jan 2 2020, 01:36 PM)
Finally watched this on the eve of NY.

It was decent, average at best. TFA & TLJ > Rise of Skywalker, easily for me.

The whole Palpatine returning only to be you-know-what in the end = the writers claim this is to conclude the 40 year+ story that started with "A New Hope".

If you buy into that, then great. As for me - - they were clear cut signs that Palpatine wasn't even considered a plot point in "The Force Awakens" and "The Last Jedi" - it was made up as they went along.

Plenty of callbacks to the past films, especially towards the end with the voices to Rey. Kudos to those who actually agreed to lend their voices. For the first time, Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels characters too.

...but on a filmic level, quite possibly one of the worst SW films (Episode I being the other). Inconsistent, boring at times (there was a moment I almost dozed off) and the 'fake outs' of character deaths/demise made it less impactful.

SPOILERS BELOW

The revelation that Rey was a Palp, was unsurprising. Somewhere in this thread (or was it a YT comment) was one of the theories discussed. The way it was shown in TRoS - - quite cringey / less memorable than I expected.

For me, TFA and TLJ were great... "Rise of Skywalker" - - not so much for me. It is true then, what they said; if you really liked TLJ (which I did), one will most likely not like TRoS.

The ending was oh so typical goody-two-shoes and the whole "you die, now i come back, now I die had" had me face-palming.  doh.gif 

Palp returning (no actual/proper explanation how - - you just got to take their word & with such brief Rey parents appearance) and the whole need for Rey to strike him down so that she will become the Empress  laugh.gif  sweat.gif 

Leia using her force to turn Kylo Ren... hmm.. I guess they had to have a way to end her story. I felt it was quite cringey / almost as if they had no choice but to do a Last Jedi Luke demise (bless Carrie Fischer though).

The biggest surprise and a welcomed one - - Harrison Ford returning (Kylo's memory). It took a lot of $$$ for him to return in TFA, so this is a good surprise.

Two words to describe the film wasted potential. They played it safe.

Was I entertained? Sure. It was a good film for the sole purpose of being entertained albeit it did get boring at times, but for a Star Wars film, it just isn't remotely close to how well I thought TFA / TLJ were.

Biggest disappointment for me had to be Palpatine's return only to be killed again (properly I guess). Geesh....  doh.gif  doh.gif

At best a 6/10 for me.

"Rey Skywalker"

yawn.gif

Btw, I'm loving The Mandalorian. They took a lot of freedom with the direction on the show but golly me, this show is EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD and so friggin cool. Refreshing yet it feels like a classic Star Wars plot/action.  The music too... amazing. Every Episode thus far (on 6 right now) has been fantastic.
They probably want to tie with comics novel tv series as long as they can make manifold money out of it. Palpatine was hint in force awaken, the voice during rey flashback n rey fighting style.

I think they have outline the story from the beginning to the end. Only if they have same writer thn the story will be consistantly played.

My theory, they want rey to explore her sith heritage. As we have been shown the jedi side of family before. I think its cool, if we get that.

defaultname365
post Jan 2 2020, 02:47 PM

1,041 posts

QUOTE(ikram_p @ Jan 2 2020, 02:15 PM)
They probably want to tie with comics novel tv series as long as they can make manifold money out of it. Palpatine was hint in force awaken, the voice during rey flashback n rey fighting style.

I think they have outline the story from the beginning to the end. Only if they have same writer thn the story will be consistantly played.

My theory, they want rey to explore her sith heritage. As we have been shown the jedi side of family before. I think its cool, if we get that.
If it was hinted in TFA to however small degree, then the plot being explicit about Palpatine 'rising again', Rey being his granddaughter and then being defeated by Rey all in the span of one film (with the Resistance winning in the end) - it wasn’t good or well done. As I mentioned, from a filmic/production standpoint, this is one of the worst SW films ever made.

I enjoyed TFA & TLJ miles more than TRoS.

This wasn't just an average Star Wars film, but just another average film.
ikram_p
post Jan 2 2020, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
845 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jan 2 2020, 02:47 PM)
If it was hinted in TFA to however small degree, then the plot being explicit about Palpatine 'rising again', Rey being his granddaughter and then being defeated by Rey all in the span of one film (with the Resistance winning in the end) - it wasn’t good or well done. As I mentioned, from a filmic/production standpoint, this is one of the worst SW films ever made.

I enjoyed TFA & TLJ miles more than TRoS.

This wasn't just an average Star Wars film, but just another average film.
For me the worst is AOTC...i only replay it with skipping some annoying scenes. Ep 4 n 5 is the best replay value. TLJ for me is a better movie, i agree with you on this.

TROS was so fast... While the classic move very grounded. You felt it, and many time as you watch the trench run or hoth scene. Like an actual war...the war scene in TROS war is a mess, with so many thing to focus on.
edmund_yung
post Jan 4 2020, 09:26 AM

Enthusiast
815 posts

Not much comment about the story, but from a visual standpoint, it isn't worth the IMAX screening, it is a blurry mess in 21:9 only. A standard screen will be good enough, or the MAXX screen on Wednesday.

The only thing good about watching it in IMAX is catching the TENET extended trailer in full IMAX screen.
skylinelover
post Jan 7 2020, 08:12 AM

5,761 posts

QUOTE(edmund_yung @ Jan 4 2020, 09:26 AM)
Not much comment about the story, but from a visual standpoint, it isn't worth the IMAX screening, it is a blurry mess in 21:9 only. A standard screen will be good enough, or the MAXX screen on Wednesday.

The only thing good about watching it in IMAX is catching the TENET extended trailer in full IMAX screen.
Haha ouch

I wanted 2 catch in imax 3D but if true then plan abandoned liao

I think i never 3D for many years already deng it

This TGV in my town quite ci bi one

3D only 1 screening at 6pm every day

What the heck is this bullshit mang dry.gif

This post has been edited by skylinelover: Jan 7 2020, 08:13 AM
edmund_yung
post Jan 7 2020, 03:13 PM

Enthusiast
815 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jan 7 2020, 08:12 AM)
Haha ouch

I wanted 2 catch in imax 3D but if true then plan abandoned liao
Maybe you can't try IMAX3D, I will avoid 3D because these movie aren't shot in 3D natively, only done in post process. I watched in IMAX non-3D.
Raikkonen
post Jan 7 2020, 03:45 PM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,106 posts

Off topic but kinda related.

Watched 'Frozen 2' yet?

I am watching it at 1 hour 10 minutes; now THAT'S how you tell a story.

Budget $150 million
Box office $1.326 billion

TROS
Budget $275 million
Box office $919.6 million

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Jan 7 2020, 03:53 PM
defaultname365
post Jan 7 2020, 04:02 PM

1,041 posts

TRoS had clear cut signs of 'studio tampering' (a la Justice League)... a quick google resulted in these:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/wh...ney-again.html/

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Get ready for the most mind blowing part (if true):

user posted image

So Hayden Christensen, Ewan McGregor and Samuel L. Jackson were filmed in their costumes!

That kinda explains Hayden's appearance at D23 (which Disney wanted to cancel)
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/09/07/d...en-christensen/

If true... then Disney screwed it up big time. Also, Rose on-screen appearance was over 1 minute long (their excuse is that she had scenes with Leia and the TFA footage of Leia wasn't so good). And what about Dark Rey, appeared for like 10 seconds lol biggrin.gif Must put into trailer right... for marketing haha

For me, it was average at best. Had I not seen this in cinemas, I think I wouldn't have missed much. I was just curious to know Rey's parentage confirmation, that is the ULTIMATE reason I stepped into the cinema to watch. The ending being all goody two shoes and Kylo Ren turning to the light side, was always predictable.

Raikkonen
post Jan 8 2020, 04:51 PM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,106 posts

skylinelover
post Jan 11 2020, 10:00 AM

5,761 posts

Haha cool man

Another SW spin offs i guess

laugh.gif laugh.gif
defaultname365
post Jan 14 2020, 06:42 PM

1,041 posts

Few weeks old but totally true. 🤭
Raikkonen
post Jan 15 2020, 09:10 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,106 posts

SC 38 Reimagined

I am sure many have seen this.

Me?

Last night laugh.gif

Awww~

Felt so emotional the moment I heard :

"I HATE YOU"

"YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN. I LOVED YOU"

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Jan 15 2020, 09:15 AM
Benny7
post Jan 16 2020, 04:03 PM

17 posts

Why ROS failed? Because no one hand got chop.
defaultname365
post Jan 17 2020, 11:22 AM

1,041 posts

Colin Treverow's "Dual of the Fates" reveals a FAR BETTER story line that TRoS.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-duel-fate...ow-script-leaks

user posted image

CRAWL:

The iron grip of the FIRST ORDER has spread to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Only a few scattered planets remain unoccupied. Traitorous acts are punishable by death.

Determined to suffocate a growing unrest, Supreme Leader KYLO REN has silenced all communication between neighboring systems.

Led by GENERAL LEIA ORGANA, the Resistance has planned a secret mission to prevent their annihilation and forge a path to freedom...

• Opens at the Kuat Shipyards (man on a mission-style)

• BB-8 and Rose Tico (allegedly a key character in script) are infiltrating Kuat Moon where First Order build their ships (workers are oppressed). There is an orbital ring and moon below it. Finn and Poe are there. No R2/3PO. Rey arrives.

• The plan: Send explosive into the power shaft that delivers raw ore into the ring.

• Plan goes wrong. (RBM loves dialogue at this moment.) First Order is able to contain blast. Admiral Vaughn says Resistance tactics are "pitful."

• Rey disguised as a Tusken Raider is revealed to have created her own weapon (a double-blade lightsaber hybrid of her staff and Luke's cracked saber).

• They battle and Poe, Finn, Rose, Rey, and BB-8 STEAL A STAR DESTROYER (Eclipse-class) and escape.

• The Knife 9 a ship containing the Knights of Ren arrives a Kuat. Ataska (?) Ren kills Admiral Vaughn for his failure.

• CUT TO: CORUSCANT. No longer a vibrant city. "The new structures are built atop the art deco structure of the old republic." Occupied by the First Order now (they have a citadel/palace there). Citizens are scavengers now. Hux is now CHANCELLOR HUX and is addressing Bisc Kova (traitor who helped Resist. steal Star Destroyer.) Kova is executed with a light blade guillotine.

• Hux and Commander Selleck have a meeting with several alien war lords (ode to ANH imperial council scene). First Order has allies. They are aware of Rey being the last Jedi. Council wants to know WHERE IS KYLO REN? He is missing. Hux only knows he has gone searching for something of great power.

• CUT TO: MUSTAFAR. Kylo Ren is alone, except for a Darth Maul-esque droid. He has stubble indicating search has been for a long time. Ren is being HAUNTED by Luke's force ghost.

• Luke: "This is where the dark path leads; an empty tomb." Kylo (retort): "Where did your path lead?"

• Luke is trying to convince him to go back to Leia. Kylo: "I'm going to be more powerful than any Jedi...even you."

• In Vader's Temple, Kylo finds a Sith Holocron which reveals a hologram of Palpatine. Recording is for Vader. Palpatine has a contingency for Vader if Luke kills him. Vader is to take Luke to the Remnicore (?) System to see TOR VALUM, Master of Sith/Palpatine's Teacher.

• After scanning Kylo, the Holocron explodes and releases red lighting which burns Kylo, who screams.

• CUT TO: RESISTANCE BASE on KOR-ALAF (?). Leia is introduced as she feels what's happening to Ben. Chewbacca and Lt. Connix tell Leia that the Kuat team is back. They're shocked to see a Star Destroyer (which is landed onto the planet). Funny moment w/ Rey using Mind Trick on First Order officers who were still on the ship.

• Rey confides in Finn that she doesn't feel like she has what it takes to be a Jedi and can't live up to everyone's expectations. Finn asks her if she still senses Kylo. Rey confesses she's been having nightmares. Finn asks if it's Kylo. Rey says she can't explain their connection.

• Finn: "You have to shut him out. He can't change. It's too late." Rey: "It's never to late to change. You taught me that Finn."

• Resistance realizes that the Star Destroyer stills has most of it's weapons (tanks, TIEs, etc). Only missing piece is an army to use it.

• Rey researching the Jedi texts from Anch-To discovers that under Coruscant Jedi Temple there is a communication system (called a FORCE BEACON) from the Old Republic that can send a signal to 50 planets. They plan on using it to get allies. First Order can't stop it, since it predates Imperial tech. Rey: "Hope is all we have left."

• Force Ghost Luke appears as Rey trains. Luke is pushing Rey to get stronger in the Force, while he is pushing Kylo to let Ben out.

• Kylo makes it back to Coruscant. Face is damaged. Mandalorian armor is smelted and is been applied to his face. Confronts Hux and belittles him, saying he doesn't need titles.

• Rey to Luke as they train: "Balance? The dark suffocates the light, light extinguishes the dark. Over and over and over again. How is that balance in the force?"

• Luke: "I know that anger. My father had it too.'

• Rey: "So says my master and his master before him. A thousand masters so eager to tell us how to live."

• Rest of exchange between Rey and Luke is basically Rey trying to back away from being a Jedi (she admits she is NO ONE) and Luke trying to convince her (he says the Force is speaking to her).

• Back to Kylo. He and Hux continue to snipe at each other. Kylo says he's leaving again, but not before telling Hux the power he discovered will make destroying planets insignificant. Kylo's last order to Hux: "Find the Resistance, wipe them out, leave the girl to me."

• TEAM A (Rose, Finn, R2, 3PO): Going to Coruscant to light the beacon.

• TEAM B (Rey, Poe, Chewbacca): Going to a planet to find someone to help Rey figure out what she needs to do. (side: Yes, his descrp. is that vague)

• Kylo is going to a Sith Planet/Remnicore. EDIT: Before he leaves Coruscant, he takes Vader's mask and says he understands Vader now. Kylo: "You allowed love to cloud your judgement" and he throws Vader's mask off of a balcony and it shatters.

• Leia stays at the base overseeing the Resistance.

• Before Rey leaves, she and Leia have an exchange were Rey says she believes there's still good in Kylo. Leia is skeptical, but Rey believes in her Jedi Training. Leia: "You're not like my father or my brother. You're new. Whatever happens, remember the force choose you Rey. You're story isn't written by anyone else."

• RMB starts summarizing now:

• First Order tracks down stolen Star Destroyer to Kor-Alaf. Resistance escapes.

• TEAM A successfully infiltrates the Jedi Temple and turn on the beacon. Cut to different places around the galaxy receiving the signal (Bossk cameo). It is then cut off by the First Order. TEAM A then flee into the underbelly of Coruscant.

• TEAM B are being pursued by the Knife 9 (Knights of Ren ship) and eventually reach the planet Bonadan.

• Kylo reaches Remincore and confronts Tor Valum (7000 yrs old, alien of unknown origin, spindly, intense sinewy muscle -- very Lovecraftian). Kylo begins training with Valum. Ode to ESB Cave scene: Kylo fights Vader. Fight is brutal and Kylo loses.

• Bonadan: Poe takes Rey to a Seer who can pull information out of memories. The Seer pulls a star chart out of Rey's mind from her visions w/ Kylo. Knights of Ren show up and fight Rey in a lightsaber battle. She defeats them and TEAM B escapes.

• Both Rey and Kylo eventually get to MORTIS.

• Leia asks Lando if he will organize the smugglers and fight the First Order.

• Rose is captured and tortured by the First Order, but is able to escape.

• Finn/R2/3PO start a citizens uprising on Coruscant around the First Order's Citadel/Palace.

• Leia brings her forces to Coruscant to battle the FO. Massive space battle, ground battle (ROTJ-style you know the works lol). Chewie flies an X-Wing.

• Rey and Kylo battle on Mortis, using force energy that can pull from each other. At some point is revealed Kylo killed Rey's parents at the behest of Snoke. Towards the end, Luke/Obi Wan/Yoda appear as Force Ghosts to save Ben, but are unsuccessful. Ben is "extinguished."

• RMB seems to be at the end, so just for house keeping sake - Resistance won, First Order loses.

• One final deet: Han Solo did appear in the script and does confront Kylo at some point.

Barely any Palpatine. Meaning Palpatine was added later on which explains why no foreshadowing of Palps in Ep 7/8.

TRoS is to me the worst SW ever doh.gif

Raikkonen
post Jan 17 2020, 11:37 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,106 posts

Cheh~

Even the title 'Duel of the fates' a copy paste from Episode 1: TPM OST.

I remember straight away because I listen to it back to back after TPM was released in 1999.

One of the best lightsabre fights ever.

-Young Obi Wan.
-Obi Wan's master.
-Darth Maul

How Palpatine came to power.

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Jan 17 2020, 11:51 AM
squall_kay
post Jan 17 2020, 11:56 AM

~ B-o-R-e-D ~
5,474 posts

QUOTE(Raikkonen @ Jan 15 2020, 09:10 AM)
SC 38 Reimagined
I am sure many have seen this.

Me?

Last night  laugh.gif

Awww~
Felt so emotional the moment I heard :

"I HATE YOU"

"YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN. I LOVED YOU"

i watched it before, demn, its really cool and injecting modern take into classic movie.
i wonder why when they remastered or improve original trilogy graphics, they didnt take opportunity to improve the fight scene.

85 Pages « < 82 83 84 85 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0414sec    1.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2020 - 06:50 AM