Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

80 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official STAR WARS Movies/TV Thread, FORCE AWAKENS | ROGUE ONE | SW VIII (Movies)

views

TSfiredauz
post Jul 23 2008, 10:06 PM, updated 5y ago

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Latest News:

STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is set for May 2015, directed by J.J. Abrams!

user posted image

Old News:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by firedauz: Mar 13 2015, 01:27 AM
maximus85
post Jul 23 2008, 10:20 PM

O.M.F.G~!!!
605 posts

somehow i dun like this kind of animation....

the characters look like block....
Calvin871989
post Jul 23 2008, 10:24 PM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

deleted

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Dec 5 2008, 05:25 AM
greyshadow
post Jul 23 2008, 10:28 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,480 posts

hmm.gif 3D as in 3D animation ala The Clone Wars?
or 3D as in watching it with red and blue 3D glasses?
hmm.gif

I'll prefer the latter tongue.gif original FTW!
squall_kay
post Jul 23 2008, 10:35 PM

~ B-o-R-e-D ~
5,460 posts

if they remake it all 6 episode, hope it gonna be excellent.
n better they prolong the fight scene especially in ep4-6 n several important fight scene in ep1-2
make it more epic drool.gif
TSfiredauz
post Jul 23 2008, 10:42 PM

876 posts

I snapped this 2 days ago when I was walking around Sunshine City, Ikebukuro biggrin.gif

user posted image

By now, the launching is set to be 2 MORE DAYS rclxms.gif
Calvin871989
post Dec 5 2008, 07:54 AM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Don-t-Worry...hood-11114.html

Don't Worry: George Lucas Still Destroying Your Childhood

user posted image

Heads up everyone-- George Lucas is off the Skywalker Ranch again and running his mouth about childhood favorites he plans to ruin. This time he's not only talking about the never-ending plans to make a fifth Indiana Jones movie, but how he plans to continue tinkering with Star Wars until his own personal Death Star takes him away.

First up in his conversation with Coming Soon, who caught him at the American Cinematheque's tribute to Samuel L. Jackson, was Indy; luckily, he seems no closer to getting the fifth movie made. "We're looking for a "MacGuffin," which is an object that he goes after. They're very hard to come by!" Perhaps so difficult that you'll let this idea die once and for all?

As for Star Wars, he's still denying that he wants to make new ones, but now wants to re-release the old ones-- again!-- in 3D. "The technology is very difficult. It exists - it's just extremely expensive, and so what we're trying to do is figure out a more practical way of pulling it off." I can't deny I would be interested in seeing Star Wars in 3D, but if it makes the entire movie about technology the way the last three films were, then forget it. In fact, forget all of this George-- keep doing visual effects, make some more movies, and let the past stay where it belongs.

radkliler
post Dec 5 2008, 08:38 AM

WUBWUBWUB
985 posts

Can anyone say : milking the cash cow ?
Calvin871989
post Jan 19 2010, 06:13 PM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

http://www.accesshollywood.com/george-luca...y_article_27866

George Lucas: ‘Avatar’s’ Technology Could Make 3-D ‘Star Wars’ A Reality

George Lucas has yet to work in the new 3-D technology that is sweeping Hollywood, but the director told Access Hollywood that the success and achievements of “Avatar” could help bring “Star Wars” into the third dimension.

“I liked it. I make movies like that, [so], I can appreciate what [James Cameron] went through to do it,” George Lucas told Access Hollywood at the HBO Golden Globes party on Sunday.

”[I’m] happy it’s so successful, and worked very well in 3-D,” he continued. “Haven’t been a big fan of 3-D, but that movie definitely improves in (the field of) 3-D.”

George was so impressed with the movie’s technology – which took home the trophy for Best Motion Picture – Drama at the 2010 Globes – that he thinks it could help pave the way for creating 3-D versions of his “Star Wars” movies.

“We’ve been looking for years and years and years of trying to take ‘Star Wars’ and put it in 3-D,” George explained to Access. “But, [the] technology hasn’t been there. We’ve been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen.”

First up, George is writing and producing “Red Tails,” about the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.

demio121
post Jan 20 2010, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,063 posts

Katzenberg told us that Lucas is very excited about it and that he's got the technical resources to pull it off. "He isn't going to put a product out, I think, that isn't anything other than first rate," Katzenberg said.

dude Katzenberg, look at ep 1, 2 and 3...!!! first rate??? Star Wars 3D is more like Lucas milking us for more money.
azxel
post Jan 20 2010, 10:13 AM

moological mooster
Group Icon
3,420 posts

personally.. I say 'let the old ones be!!'

come up with new trilogies for the Old Replubic or Rogue Squadrons or something...
greyshadow
post Jan 20 2010, 10:22 AM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,480 posts

for the SW fans out there, and as one of them me self, i'm willling to let him milk my mooney if he re-produce the original saga into 3D like Avatar...

of cos without altering the cast and the story lines wink.gif

and lastly, no more debate on who shoot first tongue.gif

This post has been edited by greyshadow: Jan 20 2010, 10:24 AM
Klesk
post Jan 20 2010, 11:07 AM

3,422 posts

yawnzzzz... he should let someone direct his SW franchise...
azxel
post Jan 20 2010, 11:43 AM

moological mooster
Group Icon
3,420 posts

QUOTE(Klesk @ Jan 20 2010, 11:07 AM)
yawnzzzz... he should let someone direct his SW franchise...
If I'm not mistaken... it's not that GL didn't want someone else to direct the SW movies but it's got something to do with the movie opening credit sequence set by the Directors Guild of America. Other directors like Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez also quit the Guild, due to some reasons.
Flizzardo
post Jan 20 2010, 11:48 AM

Troll
1,093 posts

plz avatar kind of animation la.. not that clone war crappy 3d
kobe24bryant
post Jan 20 2010, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Haha! Star Wars in 3D. Haha! Next up: Star Wars Extended Edition in theaters! Haha! Haha! Haha!
TSfiredauz
post Aug 15 2010, 10:43 AM

876 posts

Sauce: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68780
Star Wars Announced for Blu-Ray

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox officially announced today that all six live-action Star Wars films will arrive on the Blu-Ray format in Fall 2011 as a commemorative box set.

The news, part of this week's Celebration V festivities, promises "the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with extensive special features – including documentaries, vintage behind-the-scenes moments, interviews, retrospectives and never-before-seen footage from the Lucasfilm archives."

“Blu-ray is the absolute best way to experience Star Wars at home – in pristine high definition,” said George Lucas of the release, “The films have never looked or sounded better.”

At this time it is unclear what versions of each film will appear in the set. Past Star Wars home video releases have focused on the updated special editions, though fan demand led to a later, unrestored release of the original theatrical version on the DVD format.

This post has been edited by firedauz: Oct 23 2014, 01:24 PM
hairyLGS
post Aug 15 2010, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(firedauz @ Aug 15 2010, 10:43 AM)
Still very long way more... should have surprise us like year end release or something...
n00b13
post Aug 15 2010, 06:22 PM

Casual
364 posts

QUOTE(firedauz @ Aug 15 2010, 10:43 AM)
As long as Han still doesn't shoot first, I'm not getting this.

Calvin871989
post Aug 15 2010, 11:56 PM

Im Batman
1,231 posts

Lucas premiered one of the long-lost deleted scenes which will be included in the release, a scene from Return of the Jedi which involved Luke Skywalker assembling his new, green-bladed lightsaber prior to infiltrating Jabba the Hutt’s palace, and stashing it in R2-D2’s dome. The scene has completed visual effects and music because it was cut right before the final edit of the film was made during post production. Someone has captured the scene on video

wonder how much its gonna cost for the box set that comes with all six live-action Star Wars feature films, with the highest picture and audio quality,” along with extensive extras like “documentaries, vintage behind-the-scenes moments, interviews, retrospectives and never-before-seen footage from the Lucasfilm archives

80 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0363sec    0.66    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2019 - 03:33 AM