Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official STAR WARS Movies/TV Thread, FORCE AWAKENS | ROGUE ONE | SW VIII (Movies)

views

ikram_p
post Dec 18 2015, 04:55 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

I just watch ep. 7 yesterday.. The super weapon, aren't that interesting compare to how they approach the original death Star in 4 & 6.. And then where is the other frigates..class cruiser... Calamari cruiser..a wing y wing or bwing or any new type fighters. In return of the jedi, all fighters were shown..yet on 7 only tie n xwing sad.gif.

Han solo scene, well mix feeling... I wonder if in the end they will kill leia than ben. That would be sad.. Or leia lose han and ben in 8 or 9. That would be something rights... Like gone nut nuts..

Rey and ren potrayal of light and dark Side for me is very positive.. I just cant wait how they would proceed with the training. I believe snoke is a darkside but not from sith lineage..probably darkside has split into many groups.

In the end, i like the movies but it still cant best the original.. I am glad they make a sequels.. Hope they never stop doing it even if they milking my Money endlessly hahahaha..

ikram_p
post Dec 19 2015, 05:29 AM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(azarimy @ Dec 19 2015, 01:03 AM)
now, regarding kylo ren...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Sith have that mind power which in return of the jedi vader can read luke mind about leia.. In Star wars rebel vader can penetrated other jedi. But with normal people he prefer intimidating and fear to do the job better. Emperor has the most mind power, which can easily corrupted jedi like dooku anakin. In which anakin underestimate palpatine power...if anakin cant best obi wan, he definitely cant win against palpatine at that time.

About rey, she a good staff wielder... But ren is train in sword play. Its like ren dont have any talent in the dark art.i also kind of puzzle in that scene smile.gif.. Maybe we can get a better answer next movies.

I hope the blu ray can add luke scene time more.

ikram_p
post Dec 18 2016, 01:16 AM

Enthusiast
849 posts

I like this film very much. they can make more star wars movies like this. I dont mind.
ikram_p
post Dec 21 2016, 04:40 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

Vader was a good swordman when he is in anakin form. Now he is more mechanical smile.gif. Slow heavy movement. Only the force is still strong with him. The problem with human jedi the older you get the weaker your body is.
ikram_p
post Dec 14 2017, 10:56 AM

Enthusiast
849 posts

Just watch it last night, i feel the whole movie is about how to let go of the past. How to keep forward.. the general lando han leia luke akcbar etc is too powerful, it will destroy the core of the story and movies trilogy.

So it make perfect sense for the ending to be that way. My theory is episode 9 should be where the best secret hidden. I do not think ******* can be kill that easily, i do not think skywalker bloodline will be cut off, and i think anakin will pop up at any part of the story.

Kylo is not a master of a darkside, without knowledge he's powerless. Its impossible to be strong as snoke or palpatine.

This post has been edited by ikram_p: Dec 14 2017, 10:58 AM
ikram_p
post Dec 18 2019, 08:19 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Dec 18 2019, 05:44 PM)
Alamak...  doh.gif

user posted image

If anything, "The Last Jedi" was critically acclaimed but fans panned it. So... this could be a good thing?  huh.gif

It might end up in the early 70% if more positive reviews otherwise oh dear  sweat.gif 

Regardless, seems like on a 'filmic/production' level, this trilogy concluding film has obvious flaws.

Having said that, let's see how the more important Star Wars story element "concludes".

I'm going in 50-50 knowing half of my questions will be answered while the rest will remain inconclusive.
Those reviews might actually come from a group or person who have not access at all for primier opening night.

What i know about star wars... What questions unanswered or something uniques unexplained will be expand in a new expanded universe.

I hope they do star wars flight space simulation games again. Its been toooo long....
ikram_p
post Dec 19 2019, 07:38 AM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Dec 18 2019, 10:26 PM)
sigh... sadly it seem like I will miss tomorrow's Day 1 show due to scheduling conflicts, might catch it next week.
It's now after 108 reviews, only 58%  :(  Might only end up 60%+

Yes, hoping for an epic conclusion to the trilogy... but not so hopeful now.
I got 1 ticket imax today one utama. I like star wars including solo no matter what the storyline. The only show i cant digest is resistance, because i dont like the colouring method.

For me the last jedi is a great movie. It take your expectation away. We all know, luke skywalker is a powerful character but mark hamill already old like harrison ford. Nothing last forever.
ikram_p
post Dec 19 2019, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

The end story is not perfect. But for a person who live through his childhood with star wars legacy, this is a fitting end.

Its like after party celebration for rotj.

What ever happer after, usually come with games, comic, novel, tv series. They need to expand, thats how lucas make lotsa money. You just cant answer or satisfy everyone in movie alone. Thats why, last time, expanded universe existed.
ikram_p
post Dec 20 2019, 12:27 AM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(Ichighost @ Dec 19 2019, 11:11 PM)
thrawn trilogy is a better sequel overall. laugh.gif
For novel or tv series perharps. But for galaxy destruction level villain, he is not hahahaha. He is too tactical, slow n probably take forever to conquerer entire galaxy.
ikram_p
post Dec 20 2019, 12:48 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 20 2019, 10:20 AM)
Thats why marvel is king today laugh.gif

Then DC starting 2 pick up 2020 after the joker success rclxms.gif

Mandalorian is the real 4 the oldies of star wars hahahaha
Marvel king for movies, but dc king for tv series/animation. You just need the blood n brutal scene sometimes to satisfy ur need... Thats where dc delivered well.
ikram_p
post Dec 27 2019, 10:43 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

I would feel better if ben live and rey died. Then ben be like renouni keshin, try to live n redeem his sins not as jedi or sith but as a human being. Example ahsoka tano.

I conclude that, ben solo have a mastery of swordskill but rey is like a padawan level obi wan kenobi in ep 1. Rey is born with unlimited power higher than ben solo.

George said star wars is not about space ship.... Is all about space opera skywalker family.

ikram_p
post Jan 2 2020, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jan 2 2020, 01:36 PM)
Finally watched this on the eve of NY.

It was decent, average at best. TFA & TLJ > Rise of Skywalker, easily for me.

The whole Palpatine returning only to be you-know-what in the end = the writers claim this is to conclude the 40 year+ story that started with "A New Hope".

If you buy into that, then great. As for me - - they were clear cut signs that Palpatine wasn't even considered a plot point in "The Force Awakens" and "The Last Jedi" - it was made up as they went along.

Plenty of callbacks to the past films, especially towards the end with the voices to Rey. Kudos to those who actually agreed to lend their voices. For the first time, Star Wars Clone Wars/Rebels characters too.

...but on a filmic level, quite possibly one of the worst SW films (Episode I being the other). Inconsistent, boring at times (there was a moment I almost dozed off) and the 'fake outs' of character deaths/demise made it less impactful.

SPOILERS BELOW

The revelation that Rey was a Palp, was unsurprising. Somewhere in this thread (or was it a YT comment) was one of the theories discussed. The way it was shown in TRoS - - quite cringey / less memorable than I expected.

For me, TFA and TLJ were great... "Rise of Skywalker" - - not so much for me. It is true then, what they said; if you really liked TLJ (which I did), one will most likely not like TRoS.

The ending was oh so typical goody-two-shoes and the whole "you die, now i come back, now I die had" had me face-palming.  doh.gif 

Palp returning (no actual/proper explanation how - - you just got to take their word & with such brief Rey parents appearance) and the whole need for Rey to strike him down so that she will become the Empress  laugh.gif  sweat.gif 

Leia using her force to turn Kylo Ren... hmm.. I guess they had to have a way to end her story. I felt it was quite cringey / almost as if they had no choice but to do a Last Jedi Luke demise (bless Carrie Fischer though).

The biggest surprise and a welcomed one - - Harrison Ford returning (Kylo's memory). It took a lot of $$$ for him to return in TFA, so this is a good surprise.

Two words to describe the film wasted potential. They played it safe.

Was I entertained? Sure. It was a good film for the sole purpose of being entertained albeit it did get boring at times, but for a Star Wars film, it just isn't remotely close to how well I thought TFA / TLJ were.

Biggest disappointment for me had to be Palpatine's return only to be killed again (properly I guess). Geesh....  doh.gif  doh.gif

At best a 6/10 for me.

"Rey Skywalker"

yawn.gif

Btw, I'm loving The Mandalorian. They took a lot of freedom with the direction on the show but golly me, this show is EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD and so friggin cool. Refreshing yet it feels like a classic Star Wars plot/action.  The music too... amazing. Every Episode thus far (on 6 right now) has been fantastic.
They probably want to tie with comics novel tv series as long as they can make manifold money out of it. Palpatine was hint in force awaken, the voice during rey flashback n rey fighting style.

I think they have outline the story from the beginning to the end. Only if they have same writer thn the story will be consistantly played.

My theory, they want rey to explore her sith heritage. As we have been shown the jedi side of family before. I think its cool, if we get that.

ikram_p
post Jan 2 2020, 03:58 PM

Enthusiast
849 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jan 2 2020, 02:47 PM)
If it was hinted in TFA to however small degree, then the plot being explicit about Palpatine 'rising again', Rey being his granddaughter and then being defeated by Rey all in the span of one film (with the Resistance winning in the end) - it wasn’t good or well done. As I mentioned, from a filmic/production standpoint, this is one of the worst SW films ever made.

I enjoyed TFA & TLJ miles more than TRoS.

This wasn't just an average Star Wars film, but just another average film.
For me the worst is AOTC...i only replay it with skipping some annoying scenes. Ep 4 n 5 is the best replay value. TLJ for me is a better movie, i agree with you on this.

TROS was so fast... While the classic move very grounded. You felt it, and many time as you watch the trench run or hoth scene. Like an actual war...the war scene in TROS war is a mess, with so many thing to focus on.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0592sec    1.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th April 2020 - 07:01 PM