Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> STAR TREK: Movies Discussion Thread, Next: ST3 for 50th Anniversary Year Film (Movies)

views

Calvin871989
post Oct 16 2008, 04:30 PM

Im Batman
Group: Senior Member

Star Trek Side By Side Photo Comparisons
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-S...sons-10546.html

Calvin871989
post Oct 17 2008, 09:55 AM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/More-Star-T...volt-10556.html

More Star Trek Exclusives, Fan Sites In Revolt

user posted imageuser posted image

Paramount has now accomplished two very distinct things with the release of this increasingly large batch of photos from Star Trek. First, the images are great and they have everyone excited about the movie. That’s a good thing and if the new trailer which is supposed to debut with Quantum of Solace looks half as good as these stills, then they may really get some serious buzz going for this film. Second… they’ve managed to piss off just about the entire Star Trek fan site community.

Here’s the thing: Paramount has released all of these photos as “exclusives” to specially chosen, high-profile websites, most of them backed by big corporations who really have nothing to do with Star Trek. Mere hours ago they did it again with two more photos, included with this post, and released in high-res exclusively to Yahoo and Omelete. Meanwhile in the background, they’ve launched a “Star Trek Webmaster Program” and invited 600 webmasters from movie sites and Star Trek fan sites around the web to join, with the promise that the group will give them all first crack at material for the film whenever it becomes available. The group has been in existence since January of this year, and it has yet to deliver any content of any kind. Instead, what Paramount’s Star Trek Webmasters have been given, is a series of messages with links to Paramount’s corporate partners and their exclusives, directing the webmasters whom they had courted with promises of content… to send all of their readers to other websites which Paramount likes better.

Doling out content in the form of exclusives in exchange for well, whatever mysterious payola big studios gets out of it, is of course a fairly common practice on any high-profile film. And I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the sites they’ve released these exclusives to. JoBlo.com for instance was one of them, and they’re a site I personally hold in extremely high esteem. They, and most of the others involved aren’t exactly known as hardcore Trekkies though. TrekMovie.com was also in the bunch given exclusives, a very well run Trek site… yet a Trek site which has only existed since the production on this particular film started, not one of the hundreds of Trek sites which have literally been the backbone of the internet since the web’s early 90s inception; sites which back in January Paramount invited to work with them, and have since gone out of their way to ignore.

For those 600 Star Trek fan webmasters involved in Paramount’s Webmaster Program, it was only somewhat disappointing when Paramount released the teaser trailer to everyone before them, and mildly annoying when Paramount leaked all of the movie’s first posters elsewhere. But last night the private forum inside the Webmaster Program erupted with polite yet perturbed anger, as Paramount continued to ignore them by releasing photo after photo exclusively to other sites. When community members politely asked why they were being ignored, Paramount’s representatives responded with the equivalent of “take a hike.”

This morning, when those same fan webmasters didn’t take kindly to being yet again given the brush off, Paramount simply silenced them by completely deleting the private message board which had been part of the Webmaster Program, ending what had been a fairly polite but concerned discussion of the matter. In doing so, the studio has made something loud and clear here, and it’s something which I’ve been saying for nearly a year now. Star Trek fans: Paramount doesn’t care if you’re involved or not. They want new fans. You’re old, you’re used up. This is a new Star Trek for a new group of fans, hopefully pretty ones who don’t live in their parents’ basements. You can buy a ticket to see it if you want, just make sure you bring a teenager with you and wear a bag over your head.

There’s another way to handle this, a way to bring in new fans while holding on to the old ones. It’s simple. Don’t release images exclusively to IGN, AICN, or even Cinema Blend. Paramount, you’ve started a webmaster program. Use it. Release these Star Trek marketing materials simultaneously to everyone from now on. No, handing them out to the fan community three days later doesn’t count. Everyone, all at once. What’s the worst that could happen? Even more exposure for your film by having the images displayed across a broader range of sites? Or do you think UGO and Yahoo will refuse to cover the movie unless you give them special treatment? Unlikely. Don’t worry, the cool kids will never know you’ve let the nerds have them. It’s not like the Fast and the Furious crowd is going to visit TrekWeb and find out. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, unless you’re really and truly out to cut the Trek community off. If so, I’ll be the Trekkie in the back row with pointed ears drawn on the bag over my head.

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Oct 18 2008, 09:35 AM
Calvin871989
post Oct 18 2008, 09:36 AM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Add-More-St...Pile-10571.html

Add More Star Trek Images To The Pile

Another day, another batch of images from Star Trek. Remember when we were actually wondering what this movie would look like, rather than getting hit with new photos from all sides? Entertainment Weekly, which features Kirk and Spock on its cover this week, has a handful of new images along with the ones we've seen so far, all packaged in a nice gallery. It'll give you a new chance to examine Spock's Vulcan ears and try to find Eric Bana underneath all that Nero makeup.

I'm too much of a Star Trek neophyte to do much parsing of these images, so I'll leave it to you guys to do the analysis from here. Check out a few of the images below, and go to EW's gallery for the full display.

Vanquish
post Oct 20 2008, 11:43 AM

F.U.B.A.R.

Behold, the "new" NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise:
user posted image

user posted image
ReAcTiVo
post Oct 20 2008, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

not a star trek fan.. but after i see the pic looks like the movie can feymes tongue.gif
defaultname365
post Oct 20 2008, 08:37 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4

I just absolutely love the idea of rebooting the Star Trek series. They literally 'start' their very first voyage in the movie. That is just so damn awesome. Coz the TV show, there is absolutely 'no starting point' as to how it all began... unless someone out there has Star Trek S01E01 (actual pilot / start of plot).

Calvin871989
post Nov 1 2008, 03:33 AM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-T...pire-10694.html

Star Trek Takes Over Empire

user posted image

Paramount is handing out more exclusive Star Trek images. That usually means the rest of the internet will get them two or three weeks from now when it no longer matters. Well dammit Jim, I think it matters. This is Star Trek after all, and no matter how long the wait Star Trek matters… to nerds like me anyway. But we’re not going to make you wait till Paramount finally lets us run them. While we wait, you can go check out the brand new Trek pics over at Empire.

I’ve posted a couple of smallish, sample versions of the images below but it’s worth clicking over to Empire for the real deal. The images will be in their latest print issue as well, which will bear a Star Trek themed cover in which Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine do their best to recreate a classic Nimoy/Shatner promotional pose.

user posted image user posted image

Vanquish
post Nov 6 2008, 04:50 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

The official trailer is out now, but maybe due to heavy traffic, the trailer is taking a long time to load at the official site... sad.gif

Ah, my mistake, the trailer is still not out on the official site yet, it's just the teaser trailer... doh.gif

This post has been edited by Vanquish: Nov 6 2008, 05:02 PM
Calvin871989
post Nov 11 2008, 04:38 AM

Im Batman

http://www.joblo.com/trek-trailer-talk

Trek trailer talk

user posted image

So word on the cyber street is that the new trailer for the J.J. Abrams directed reboot prequel, STAR TREK, will premiere with the upcoming James Bond adventure QUANTUM OF SOLACE but if you'd like to get a taste of it beforehand, a couple of scoopers over at AICN recently wrote in to describe the trailer. And it sounds like this thing's gonna rock balls, especially since they mention this: "We also see a woman in silhouette (Uhura?) pulling off her top…" Hells yeah. Here's a snippet from the more detailed description:

The trailer starts by showing a mid-60's Corvette convertible tearing across the country side. After a few seconds we see a long shot that shows a policeman in hot pursuit. Another long shot shows the Vette screaming at full speed toward a steep cliff. A slo-mo shot shows the driver leaping from the car at the last second and tumbling ass over teakettle toward the edge of the cliff itself. The driver is a young boy who looks about 13 or 14. He manages to grab a hold at the last second and hang on as a birds eye shot show the antique Vette fall away into an abyss.

We see the boy get up and dust himself off and the camera cuts away to show a troopers boot come down close-up. The black leather boot is obviously the policeman's who was chasing the car but it looks suspiciously "different." Just different enough to let the audience know this isn't a normal policeman. The shot then cuts to where we can see the policeman standing in front of the boy with his "bike" hovering in mid air a few feet beside him. He shouts at the boy, "Who are you?" or "What's your name?" and the boy shouts back defiantly, "James Tiberius Kirk!"

Read the rest of it over HERE. The Enterprise flies again (or is it for the first time?) on May 8th.

Extra Tidbit: If we might get some Uhura boobs, can we also get Rachel Nichols and Diora Baird boobs? (Especially considering Baird is playing a character called "Orion Slave Girl") Please?

Calvin871989
post Nov 11 2008, 03:49 PM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-G...ters-10825.html

Star Trek Gets 2 Theatrical Posters

Paramount has finally delivered, releasing something for their new Star Trek movie which isn’t an exclusive to an indifferent corporate partner. They’ve just sent out the first 2 theatrical teaser posters for the film. Say hello to black and white Kirk and Spock 2.0.

Calvin871989
post Nov 12 2008, 08:09 PM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-s...aled-10843.html

Star Trek's Redesigned Enterprise Revealed!

We’ve seen the crew and now Paramount is showing off the ship. EW has your first ever look at the brand new, redesigned starship Enterprise, NCC-1701, as she’ll appear in J.J. Abrams’ upcoming reboot.

The changes are more drastic than I expected. That said, it’s still instantly recognizable as the Enterprise. They’ve kept everything that has made Star Trek’s flagship the coolest thing floating around in the stars, while at the same time giving her an updated look, one which incorporates some pieces of design features seen in other Trek ships. As many expected she would, this version of the Enterprise actually bears more of a resemblance to the refitted version which appeared in the first three Star Trek movies, than it does in the pre-refit version which appeared in the television show. What matters here though is that it’s still here. It’s the Enterprise. They haven’t painted her pink and given her rollerskates. She’s still the most beautiful thing in space.

Compare the new design to the other two previous variations of the NCC-1701 (no bloody A, B, C, or D) Enterprise below:

Enterprise In The 2009 Movie

user posted image

Enterprise As Seen In The Original TV Series

user posted image

Enterprise As Seen In Star Trek I, II, and III

user posted image

Calvin871989
post Nov 14 2008, 08:11 PM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Trek-T...ntum-10881.html

Star Trek Trailer Not In Front Of Quantum

user posted image

Reports are already coming in from those who attended midnight showings of Quantum of Solace and saw the new Star Trek trailer in front of it… and from those who did not. Word was that the brand new, full length Star Trek trailer would be attached to the latest Bond movie, but it seems that’s not necessarily the case.

This is particularly important since Paramount has refused to release the trailer online. They’re holding it gripped tight in their fists until Monday, which means plenty of people are out there heading to see the latest Bond movie in part or in full because they can’t wait to see the trailer. But we’ve received multiple reports from various readers which indicate that the trailer may or may not be there. Many theater owners are mixing and matching which trailers they shove in front of Quantum.

You’ve been warned. If you’re headed out in hopes of catching the new Star Trek trailer, call ahead to make sure it’s showing. Or just forget the whole thing and wait till Monday. Is it just me, or has the promotion for this film so far involved an inordinate amount of waiting?

ahbenchai
post Nov 14 2008, 08:14 PM

what do you mean you people?

does any1 feel tat the cast of the new star trek is rather young?

feels like teenage version of star trek hehe
defaultname365
post Nov 15 2008, 02:22 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4

user posted image

Tsk tsk tsk (shakes head)... the 2009 Enterprise is dripping with beauty... biggrin.gif

The boosters looks so damn sweet...

Can't even imagine how good it will look with all the CG and effects.

This is definitely getting on my "Must Watch 2009 Movies" list. My fren J J Abrams has done it again...

This post has been edited by defaultname365: Nov 15 2008, 02:22 AM
Vanquish
post Nov 15 2008, 12:26 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Nov 15 2008, 02:22 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Tsk tsk tsk (shakes head)... the 2009 Enterprise is dripping with beauty...  biggrin.gif

The boosters looks so damn sweet...

Can't even imagine how good it will look with all the CG and effects.

This is definitely getting on my "Must Watch 2009 Movies" list. My fren J J Abrams has done it again...
Those are not called boosters, it's called "nacelles"... A nacelle is an outboard engine housing structure on a spacecraft.
Vanquish
post Nov 15 2008, 04:09 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

As expected, someone in the USA went and filmed the new trailer using a handycam in a cinema showing Quantum of Solace...

But this particular recording is not complete as it only shows 1:30 of the trailer... I think there's about 15 to 20 secs more...

Found a complete version of the same new trailer...

This post has been edited by Vanquish: Nov 15 2008, 08:59 PM
Calvin871989
post Nov 18 2008, 03:25 AM

Im Batman

Star Trek XI - Trailer - HD version

Vanquish
post Nov 18 2008, 12:40 PM

F.U.B.A.R.

Just downloaded the 720p version of the trailer on Quicktime.com, downloading the 1080p version now... smile.gif
mukhlisz
post Nov 18 2008, 09:54 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

blink.gif whoa got smexy tiem in Star Trek?! i'm sold baby! icon_idea.gif
Calvin871989
post Nov 22 2008, 01:29 PM

Im Batman

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/2-New-Star-...ters-10982.html

2 New Star Trek Character Posters

user posted image

They’ve kept us waiting and in the dark for more than a year now, but six months before the movie’s release Paramount Pictures seems intent on making it all up to us. They’re blowing out even more great material from Star Trek, and plastering the world with all the advertisements and trailers they can muster. I’m pretty sure I even saw a banner ad on this site earlier. It’s going to be a Star Trek filled six months.

The latest is a pair of new character posters, which they released to us this afternoon. They’re in the same style of the Kirk and Spock posters from a few days ago (if you haven’t seen those click here), only this time it’s Uhura and Nero getting the one sheet treatment. See them below and click each poster for a larger version:

39 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0950sec    1.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 04:10 AM