Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies STAR TREK: Movies Discussion Thread, Next: ST3 for 50th Anniversary Year Film

views

kopihazelnut
post Aug 1 2016, 06:09 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Jul 31 2016, 03:36 PM)
How is the 3d effect?  The last movie ppl was raving about the 3d
they not shoot on imax camera this time, so its just normal 3d effect..
i dont think u will lose anything if u watch in 2d..

ayam watch on imax, quite worth it
cos some beautiful long shot scene and some details u will enjoy more on big screen..

sbz2000
post Aug 15 2016, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
198 posts

I'm not a hardcore fan of star trek.....but i do follow the sto movies, tng and voyager. didn't follow ds9 though. about stb, i love the movie. blame my low standard perhaps, but the pacing of the movie is great, although the last duel is kinda predicted but the space battle is very nice. the chemistry between kirk, spock and the doctor were improved (love the banter from doctor and spock combination). i love the nx class ship appearance and the mention of xindi war and romulan war. thumbup.gif

the downside, lots of loopholes. the machine was not explained thoroughly like the first two film villain ship. the motivation of the villain is kinda meh.....it would be better the villain was mad due to long exposure / mutation from the machine (the machine was build for mining anyway). The music should disorientate the formation of the swarm, but not immediately cause explosion to the ship (as effect goes) . they didn't take the chance in this movie to reftrofit the enterprise. sad.gif

OperaGhost
post Nov 25 2016, 10:56 AM

Casual
474 posts

Michelle Yeoh as 1st in Command 😎 in the coming Star Trek series. Comment anyone?

This post has been edited by OperaGhost: Nov 25 2016, 10:57 AM
skylinelover
post Dec 14 2016, 11:40 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(OperaGhost @ Nov 25 2016, 10:56 AM)
Michelle Yeoh as 1st in Command 😎 in the coming Star Trek series. Comment anyone?
haha i guess it is the response from donnie yen in the new star wars then laugh.gif rclxms.gif
fadzly
post Mar 10 2019, 11:10 AM

Regular
1,749 posts

QUOTE(OperaGhost @ Nov 25 2016, 10:56 AM)
She is good.
damnself
post Jun 13 2019, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

ENTERTAINMENT

Tarantino’s Star Trek Movie Will Be R-Rated and Full of Swear Words

Quentin Tarantino Star Trek R-rated

Now, wait just a second! The Quentin Tarantino Star Trek movie is actually happening? Way back in December 2017, news dropped that Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds) was working closely with JJ Abrams on a Star Trek film and that it would be rated R. So of course, just like most of you did, I doused myself with cold water just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. We later learned that Tarantino would not be penning the screenplay for the movie, only directing it. This was frankly a huge bummer because what we love the most about Tarantino’s films are his rich characters and colourful dialogue.

Since then, there weren’t many updates about the movie anymore. Most of us just assumed it was just another one of those stories where we hear a cool director attached to a cool project only for it to be in its developmental stages for about 500 years before fading into obscurity. Once upon a time, it was reported that Guillermo del Toro was working on a Justice League Dark film. And what about David Fincher’s World War Z sequel, I wonder? So, safe to say, a lot of us wouldn’t have been surprised if the Tarantino Star Trek film didn’t actually happen.

However, it looks like that project is still in the works. This time we’ve got an update from Tarantino himself. Speaking to Empire, the director mentioned that the Star Trek movie is still in the works and it would most definitely be sweary and R-rated.

“There’s a script that exists for it now, I need to weigh in on it, but haven’t been able to do that yet… Oh yeah! It’s an R-rated movie. If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.”

Sure this isn’t groundbreaking information. In fact, it’s stuff we already knew or at least speculated about. But hearing it from the man himself lets us know that there is a very good chance the film might literally come to fruition.

As of right now, Quentin Tarantino is busy making press tours for his upcoming film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood set to be released in Malaysia on 9 August 2019. The film was screened at Cannes a couple of weeks ago to rave reviews.

https://www.lowyat.net/2019/187904/tarantin...r-trek-r-rated/

This post has been edited by damnself: Jun 13 2019, 08:01 PM
Namelessone1973
post Jul 17 2019, 05:20 PM

Casual
320 posts

Is the Picard series still on? Seems like no news anymore.
Mov_freak
post Mar 28 2020, 10:29 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(Namelessone1973 @ Jul 17 2019, 05:20 PM)
Is the Picard series still on? Seems like no news anymore.
The 10 episodes Season 1 just ended on Thursday
sheepela P
post Sep 4 2020, 04:04 PM

Probation
0 posts

I see good hope for this movie from this pic . thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
if you want visit here cyberflix for android
cybpsych
post Sep 21 2020, 09:57 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

which one are you?

QuerolousDancer P
post Mar 8 2023, 10:51 AM

Probation
17 posts

I find the latest Star Trek movies nicer, even though I've not seen the older ones
Namelessone1973
post Mar 28 2023, 07:46 PM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(QuerolousDancer @ Mar 8 2023, 10:51 AM)
I find the latest Star Trek movies nicer, even though I've not seen the older ones
Which latest Star Trek movies nicer?

39 Pages « < 37 38 39Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 PM