Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

58 Pages « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Having a Hair Loss Problem? I've got a Way Out., Understanding and Surviving Hair Loss

damselindistress
post Mar 13 2010, 11:59 AM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(uhuk-uhuk @ Nov 4 2008, 10:32 PM)
my friend, who is a girl, is using the himalaya hair treatment thingy.
she has been complaining that it doesnt work. she has spent quite a bit on the many products of himalaya for curing hair loss but currently, nothing much has happened. it has been close to 3 months. and, himalaya guaranteed improvement within 2 weeks if i'm not mistaken.
but also, it could be her diet or other factors which cause the lack of results.
Himalaya Hair Loss thingy DOESNT WORK.
I used it and 2 months,nothing.
It's quite pricey and it makes my hair greasier.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
~minchinini~
post Mar 13 2010, 12:04 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Mar 13 2010, 11:59 AM)
Himalaya Hair Loss thingy DOESNT WORK.
I used it and 2 months,nothing.
It's quite pricey and it makes my hair greasier.
I used to use Himalaya hair revival and shampoo.. NO use at all.. Waste my $..
+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Mar 13 2010, 12:14 PM

QUOTE(uhuk-uhuk @ Nov 4 2008, 10:32 PM)
my friend, who is a girl, is using the himalaya hair treatment thingy.
she has been complaining that it doesnt work. she has spent quite a bit on the many products of himalaya for curing hair loss but currently, nothing much has happened. it has been close to 3 months. and, himalaya guaranteed improvement within 2 weeks if i'm not mistaken.
but also, it could be her diet or other factors which cause the lack of results.
Any other products other than himalaya that could help me. Not pricey products

Added on March 13, 2010, 12:24 pm
QUOTE(suann821 @ Mar 8 2010, 04:45 PM)
hello.

i dont know if this will help any of you at all but i've got a similar experience to share.

to cut the story short: throughout 2009 i was losing alot of hair and in 3-4 days time, my bathroom water drainage hole would be fully stuck and clogged up by my hair. around deember, my boyfriend attempted to take a photo of us from the top angle. he snapped before i could look up, hence taking a photo of my head instead.

that photo gave me one of the biggest shock of my life: a large area on my top scalp is totally visible, and it was a really scary sign of balding.

my friends recommended me to try some hair loss control shampoos that can be purchased from saloons at shopping malls, saying there must be a brand that will be able to help me curb my hair loss.

while in search for a saloon at mid valley, i took a walk at the skin l@b. since they also sold shampoos there, i explained my condition and worries. chloe, the sales consultant explained nicely that sometimes, hair loss might really be because of our unhealthy lifestyle or the shampoo we use.

rather convinced by her i bought their shampoo and conditioner, and immediately after a week of using it, instead of having 20-30 strains of hair falling whenver i wash my hair and run my hand through my hair, now it is either none, or not more than 5 strains. the maid cleans my bathroom once every 2 weeks. last time, before even the first week, it is totally clogged up. now, even after 2 weeks, there's just very little hair clogged on the drainage hole.

the shampoo and conditioner is a 100% organic shampoo, without any of those sodiumlaurethsulfate thingamajigy. from the states.

the brand is aubrey's organics.

i got the gpb range of shampoo and conditioner. abit pricey (since i've been living on herbal essences that cost only rm16+ per shampoo). shampoo and conditioner total about rm120+, lasting me for about one month plus. my hair length's is until my bust area.
until this very day i still can't quite stand the smell of the gpb range. it smells... 'old' and 'aunty-like'. but it really, really does reduce my hair loss. smile.gif

if you want to give it a try, look for this girl 'chloe' from the skin l@b, mid valley branch. the other consultants at pavilion or plaza damas branch are such a turn-off, bad at explaining, and sometimes not even sure when you ask more questions. chloe's really really nice. smile.gif

my hair loss has reduced tremendously. though, i doubt the shampoo aide in hair growing. chloe advised me to get my scalp totally clean first, before i should use any tonic. it's already 2 months since my first gpb shampoo usage. yesterday i just got their shop's saaf range hair tonic, yet to try to see if baby hair starts growing. smile.gif

so erm, i guess what i'm trying to say is that maybe all of you facing hair loss problems should try out this shampoo first before you spend hundreds and thousands on chemicals and technologies that might not necessarily be the best?

i hope i helped in any way!
It reduced your hair loss but did it improved your hair growth? Need help please.

This post has been edited by damselindistress: Mar 13 2010, 12:24 PM
+Quote Post
boonies
post Mar 13 2010, 02:11 PM

Casual

I guess many people have many misconceptions about hair loss so let's clear things up. There are MANY FORMS of HAIR LOSS and each is caused by a different reason. Therefore, there is no universal product to tackle every conditions of hair loss. That is why understanding your condition is important in the first place.

Most people I know will try over the counter hair treatments like shampoos, tonics, creams and whatsoever that state they can help regrow hair. The truth is there is NO SUCH THING as an universal hair growth. Maybe they can help with mild hair loss problems caused by stress or an infection but if you are facing autoimmune related hair loss, genetics and other internal conditions, these products won't work AT ALL <--- Statement.

So, before wasting time and money on these products, do find out what is the cause of your hair loss first before more time and money goes down the drain...
+Quote Post
suann821
post Mar 16 2010, 12:32 AM

Added on March 13, 2010, 12:24 pm
It reduced your hair loss but did it improved your hair growth? Need help please.

[/quote]

it reduced my hair loss tremendously. i am really not sure if it helped in my hair growth. well, the most important part is the hair loss isnt it? smile.gif

find the source of problem, tackle the problem correctly, and i dont see why our hair wouldnt grow.

i tried using saaf's hair tonic but it's too oily. everytime after using, my hair end up being oily and stubborn in the morning. tsk tsk.

but trust me, try out Aubrey Organic's GPB Shampoo and Conditioner. really, really, really good and worth the money. smile.gif
+Quote Post
dplaya
post Mar 19 2010, 12:56 PM

Casual

Can anyone guide me with the price for the following items out there :-

(i) Proscar
(ii) Rogain Foam

Currently I'm at MPB Stage VI or VII and planning to start as soon as possible, and hopefully Hair Cloning with higher success rate is available soon.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
shadow111
post Mar 19 2010, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

currently i'm using himalaya hair loss product, but i don't see much improvement.. sad.gif
i have oily scalp and need some advice from you all about the type/brand of shampoo that i should use. currently i'm using "clear for men".
thanks.
+Quote Post
kahjye
post Mar 20 2010, 02:08 AM

i love gadgets!

hey guys...im gettin bald on behind lol..my scalp is gettin shinier...any solution guys?
+Quote Post
dplaya
post Mar 20 2010, 10:07 AM

Casual

QUOTE(shadow111 @ Mar 19 2010, 02:03 PM)
currently i'm using himalaya hair loss product, but i don't see much improvement.. sad.gif
i have oily scalp and need some advice from you all about the type/brand of shampoo that i should use. currently i'm using "clear for men".
thanks.
I don't know whether this could help. Here is the link of review for shampoo
http://www.surviving-hairloss.com/Shampoo_Reviews.html
Try to consume Vitamin B to promote health and thickness of hair.

Or you might wanna try this :-
http://www.surviving-hairloss.com/Nizoral_Hair_Loss.html
which contains 2% minoxidil which promotes hairgrowth.
+Quote Post
suann821
post Mar 20 2010, 10:41 AM

QUOTE(shadow111 @ Mar 19 2010, 02:03 PM)
thanks.
try aubrey organic GPB shampoo and conditioner. really really really helped me in stopping my hair loss. read my previous post.

QUOTE(kahjye @ Mar 20 2010, 02:08 AM)
hey guys...im gettin bald on behind lol..my scalp is gettin shinier...any solution guys?
hey, read my previous post. give aubrey organic GPB shampoo and conditioner a try. it might be slightly expensive but worth your money. you can get that shampoo in any skin l@b outlets. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Damonzero
post Mar 20 2010, 10:50 AM

✪Imba Automotive Trader✪

GPB prevents hairfall + re-grow?

This post has been edited by Damonzero: Mar 20 2010, 11:06 AM
+Quote Post
suann821
post Mar 20 2010, 02:57 PM

QUOTE(Damonzero @ Mar 20 2010, 10:50 AM)
GPB prevents hairfall + re-grow?
it definitely helped prevent my hairfall from say 100% to 15-20%. try it for yourself.

as for re-growing... i am really not sure. i am 22, so hopefully after curbing my hair loss, my hair will start to grow again. *fingers crossed! smile.gif
+Quote Post
mzack1104
post Mar 20 2010, 11:24 PM

Getting Started

guys, i just bought avalon organic shampoo and nizoral shampoo... i plan to use the avalon as my daily shampoo while nizoral only need to used 2 times a week... so what i need to ask is, on the day i'm using nizoral should i use it with avalon or not? or just nizoral alone... anyone? thanks....
+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Mar 21 2010, 01:54 PM

Where can I get Garnier Fructis Body boost in Malaysia. I can't seem to find it in our local drugstore. Same goes to Herbal Essences body envy.

This post has been edited by damselindistress: Mar 21 2010, 02:00 PM
+Quote Post
slvn
post Mar 21 2010, 06:42 PM

Casual

it's been 3 month since i first used proprecia..
the hair that fall is usually thinner and its colour is brighter(less pigmented i guess) towards the root..anyone who used propecia experience the same thing??should i be worried?
+Quote Post
Hannibal
post Mar 22 2010, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

Hi guys... I was informed by a colleague of mine that she had a guy f with very serious hair loss prob who successfully had most of his hair recovered with the combination of Vitamin E + Folic Acid. I've did a lot of research online and their benefits towards hair growth is not something baseless. Nevertheless, I've tried for almost 2 months but no result yet... (very very sad of my condition, my centre part boldness is really obvious..). Anyway, just curious if anyone had tried this sumplement combo before? If yes, what is your result like?

+Quote Post
shadow111
post Mar 22 2010, 11:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!

hey guys.. thanks for all the feedback.
will go thru all of them..
+Quote Post
vult2res
post Mar 23 2010, 09:17 PM

Getting Started

Hi all,
I'm 27 years old male and I'm pretty sure that I'm experiencing MPB since I'm 23. I started to realise that I'm having MPB when my bed room floor has hair, literraly everywhere...worst, when I shampoo my hair, there are more than 10 hair strands on my palm. As far as I'm concern my top part head hair is receding and i can see my own scalp thru the mirror and M shape of my hair. This worries me and I'm seeking for treatment and suppliments to grow back my hair. Any remedies to grow back my hair? Does Biotin works if i start to take now? or should i try Propecia + minoxidil 5%? Really appreciate it if someone could advice on this..
+Quote Post
chgchksg128
post Mar 23 2010, 09:23 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(dplaya @ Mar 19 2010, 12:56 PM)
Can anyone guide me with the price for the following items out there :-

(i) Proscar
(ii) Rogain Foam

Currently I'm at MPB Stage VI or VII and planning to start as soon as possible, and hopefully Hair Cloning with higher success rate is available soon.
Proscar is RM 192
Rogaine is RM 150~180

Try minoxidil or buy from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012BNVE8?tag=ba...TWR0J4G2JAVBN3&

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FQ73O0?tag=ba...DQXDY03B1DY8EX&
+Quote Post
slvn
post Mar 24 2010, 12:37 PM

Casual

QUOTE(slvn @ Mar 21 2010, 06:42 PM)
it's been 3 month since i first used proprecia..
the hair that fall is usually thinner and its colour is brighter(less pigmented i guess) towards the root..anyone who used propecia experience the same thing??should i be worried?
anyone???
+Quote Post

58 Pages « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0759sec    1.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:52 AM