Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Etiqa Or Prudential BSN (Takaful), Which is better in term of benefits?

johnjenin
post Mar 28 2008, 02:36 AM

!~ Pura Vida ~!
Group: Senior Member

Hi,

I'm in dilemma to choose which company give the best medical card(in term of coverage), death benefits, 36 critical illness and etc.

Please share your experience to help me decide which one i should enroll.

What i heard from the agent is Etiqa require you to pay 10% or max 3K of your hospital expenses, but not for Prudential as they cover 100%.

Etiqa got 50K max claim(in one year) that u claim from their medical card, but i dont heard any restriction from Prudential BSN.

Etiqa have good saving scheme where they have death claim, accident claim and etc. But not from Prudential.

Please help to clear my doubt.

Thanks in advance
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Mar 28 2008, 12:29 PM

On my way

I'll like to correct some of the infomation given . . . anyway i think you need to find out more details from both ur agent on etiqa & Prudential products as to benefit from it . . . icon_rolleyes.gif

"What i heard from the agent is Etiqa require you to pay 10% or max 3K of your hospital expenses, but not for Prudential as they cover 100%."

Prudential BSN Takaful for the hopital expenses or we call it a medical card . . . have the 10% core insurans as well, but you only pay the minimum RM300 & maximum RM1000/ 10% in case of any claims accur

"Etiqa have good saving scheme where they have death claim, accident claim and etc. But not from Prudential."

Infact for Prudential BSN Takaful, its a form of investment-link product & have a very good (ROI) return of investment for the past few years. . . . it's depends on your risk tolerance/comfort zone either you prefer a higher return than EquityFund will be suitable while on the other hand if you are a more conservetive type of person why not got for BondFund .

This post has been edited by Colaboy: Mar 28 2008, 12:38 PM
+Quote Post
mtsen
post Mar 28 2008, 01:25 PM

Regular

btw dis 2 I probably pick Prudential. If open up the choices, I probably pick ING .... for medical card.

I like to have medical plan seperate on its own and do not disturb my other life+tpd+pa+criticallIlness plan, which I pay RM 1 for every RM 200 protection.
+Quote Post
drezzay
post Aug 30 2008, 09:02 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(johnjenin @ Mar 28 2008, 02:36 AM)
Hi,

I'm in dilemma to choose which company give the best medical card(in term of coverage), death benefits, 36 critical illness and etc.

What i heard from the agent is Etiqa require you to pay 10% or max 3K of your hospital expenses, but not for Prudential as they cover 100%.

Etiqa got 50K max claim(in one year) that u claim from their medical card, but i dont heard any restriction from Prudential BSN.

Etiqa have good saving scheme where they have death claim, accident claim and etc. But not from Prudential.

Thanks in advance
I don't really know how Etiqa takaful works but i'm aware of how PBT works as i'm taking PBT and at the same time agent for it.....

in PBT u will also have to pay 10% for hospital exp but up to a max of RM1000......

PBT too have RM50k per year and a total of RM150k for MMC100.....MMC100 means that it is the cheapest medical card......PBT has MMC100, MMC200, MMC300 and MMC400.......if u choose MMC200 n above, u will have a bigger limit of hospital claims per year and in total....of coz u will have to pay more......

PBT also have accidental death claims n many more.....basically,most takaful co offer the same product......

but I think PBT can yield me a better return in long term run.......

If u need more info bout PBT, just PM me and we can arrange for a meeting.....u will get a better picture if i explain face to face with u...... biggrin.gif

regards,
daniel
+Quote Post
chapit
post Aug 31 2008, 08:06 AM

saya ada ambil insuran BSN Prudential.bulan-bulan bayar rm 100 sahaja.lepas ada kad medik.protection sehingga rm 150k.

itu rm 100 merupakan sebagai saving juga.nanti jika mau kahwin atau mau gunakan wang boleh ambi dari itu saving.

ada satu lagi insuran saya lupa nama dia tapi dia punya medik kad mau bayar dulu rm 300 sekali dalam setahun.kiranya ia berlainan dengan BSN-Prudential(bayar rm 100 dapat itu medic card sekali)

saya rekemen ini orang Janice-0122281193..saya daftar sama dia.

saya simpanan tak banyak,lagipun bapa saya ada kencing manis.jadi saya terpaksa ada insuran dari sekarang.sekurang-kurangnya beban ibu bapa boleh berkurangan.
+Quote Post
FeiJi
post Mar 4 2009, 03:27 AM

Anyone here who likes to know more about etiqa takaful can always pm me for more details. I'm free to spread good news.
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Mar 6 2009, 01:40 AM

On my way

I have one advice for every consumer when you want to buy medical card. You MUST make sure that the medical cards offered by them have the renewability feature. For details, please read my blog titled IS IT TRUE THAT EVERY MEDICAL CARD IN MALAYSIA HAS RENEWABILITY FEATURE?.

I am not promoting my blog here. I just want to share some information that is very important to you and me.
+Quote Post
p3nang
post Mar 31 2009, 11:46 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(mtsen @ Mar 28 2008, 01:25 PM)
btw dis 2 I probably pick Prudential.  If open up the choices, I probably pick ING .... for medical card.

I like to have medical plan seperate on its own and do not disturb my other life+tpd+pa+criticallIlness plan, which I pay RM 1 for every RM 200 protection.
yeah... at the same time, ING medical card do not require co-insurance.
+Quote Post
attahun
post Mar 31 2009, 02:34 PM

On my way

i use pru-bsn. tongue.gif

since it is takaful, they should use new fund from new members and no back-up or main funds from parent company such as prudential or maybank right (of course initial start up capital/fund excluded). This is to maintain the "halal" status, right? So in terms of fund size, i guess Pru-BSN is bigger as they have started longer? Can anybody clarify this?
+Quote Post
bob
post Apr 2 2009, 10:41 AM

* hari2mau *

why not try for Takaful Ikhlas ......... also cover for 36 critical illness & good return for savings. also, can buy Medical card separately so your savings portion is bigger.

This post has been edited by bob: Apr 2 2009, 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Apr 2 2009, 01:19 PM

Casual

QUOTE(bob @ Apr 2 2009, 10:41 AM)
why not try for Takaful Ikhlas ......... also cover for 36 critical illness & good return for savings. also, can buy Medical card separately so your savings portion is bigger.
Hi all,

If you are looking for medical cards, I can only recommend the following 3 companies because these have the highest limit in the market which shall be useful in the future as medical cost is on the rising hand.

1. Allianz
2. Prudential - not Prudential Takaful
3. Great Eastern

Above 3 only Allianz does not incure a co-insurance.

rgds and happy shopping
+Quote Post
Jutawan
post Apr 2 2009, 03:28 PM

Casual

Still need more information before deciding. So, what is the most important for starters? Medical Card or PA?
+Quote Post
bbjslee
post Apr 2 2009, 05:23 PM

Benkyo benkyo benkyo

QUOTE(Jutawan @ Apr 2 2009, 03:28 PM)
Still need more information before deciding. So, what is the most important for starters? Medical Card or PA?
Get a comprehensive type that covers
1. Death & TPD
2. 36 Illness
3. Hospital & Surgery (Medical card)

PA, get from general insurance. Very cheap and premium doesn't increase with age.
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Apr 2 2009, 08:36 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Jutawan @ Apr 2 2009, 04:28 PM)
I think the most basic plans we should have is:

i) Medical Card.
ii) Personal Accident.
iii) 36 Critical Illnesses.
+Quote Post
p3nang
post Apr 2 2009, 09:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jutawan @ Apr 2 2009, 03:28 PM)
medical card will always be the 1st priority and followed by 36 critical illness.
the rest will depend on your financial burden and stage of your life.
+Quote Post
nonac
post Apr 2 2009, 10:16 PM

My 2 cents worth:

Most standalone medical cards for example ING does not[U] 'Guarantee Renewal' and that is a very dangerous situation where we should never allow ourselves to fall into it. Because if your medical card doesnt guarantee renewability then chances are it will not accept your renewal after a claim has been made. To add salt onto wound, the chances of getting another insurer will also be very slim because of certain claims history.

Ask clearly if Etiqa or Pru has this feature.

Also to look into is the maximum capped amount for out-patient treatment especially for kidney dialysis, radio and chemotherapy. Most cards only offer up to certain amount like 15k to 20k the most. It is also a situation where the insured doesnt want to be at. Please take note.

Co-insurance thinggy still exists in certain 'more conventional' policy where the insured has to pay up to a certain amount during claims. Read T&A with care.

I switch to Allianz from ING and AIA previously and never looked back. If you need more info, you can send me a pm.

smile.gif
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Apr 3 2009, 12:32 AM

Casual

QUOTE(nonac @ Apr 2 2009, 10:16 PM)
My 2 cents worth:

Most standalone medical cards for example ING does not[U] 'Guarantee Renewal' and that is a very dangerous situation where we should never allow ourselves to fall into it. Because if your medical card doesnt guarantee renewability then chances are it will not accept your renewal after a claim has been made. To add salt onto wound, the chances of getting another insurer will also be very slim because of certain claims history.

Ask clearly if Etiqa or Pru has this feature.

Also to look into is the maximum capped amount for out-patient treatment especially for kidney dialysis, radio and chemotherapy. Most cards only offer up to certain amount like 15k to 20k the most. It is also a situation where the insured doesnt want to be at. Please take note.

Co-insurance thinggy still exists in certain 'more conventional' policy where the insured has to pay up to a certain amount during claims. Read T&A with care.

I switch to Allianz from ING and AIA previously and never looked back. If you need more info, you can send me a pm.

smile.gif
Yes what Nonac say is true. Must get a guarantee renewable card and the limit to the outpatient cancer and kidney dialysis treatment shall not be capped. In real world, these 2 treatments will suck up alot of your resources. So do more shopping around. As i've mentioned, the best med cards around are still from Allianz, Prudential and GE as for this moment. ING and HLA are good but the current lifetime limit is still quite low.

Jutawan my 2 cents to you.
Most important by order (if you are insurance 1st timer)
1. Medcard - as high as possible
2. 36 C.I - Minimum 3 times ur annual income
3. Death/TPD - Minimum 3 times annual income
4. PA - 3 times annual income preferably with weekly indemnity benefit.

PM me if you need assistance and btw i'm from Allianz

rgds

This post has been edited by chew_ronnie: Apr 3 2009, 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
malaunz
post Apr 19 2009, 10:06 AM

QUOTE(bob @ Apr 2 2009, 10:41 AM)
takaful ikhlas hv bigger saving portion? i don't think so mate. as u know, takaful ikhlas medical card hv to be renew every year. so there's no invesment-linked on the medical card (burn money). u can ask ur takaful ikhlas agent.

the problem with the medical card that need to be renew is, it is not guaranteed renewable. let say if u hv a repeated illness like 'buasir', maybe a kidneys problem, when u want to renew it, the existing ilness will be excluded from your benefits. & worst, u can't even renew it at all. so u don't hv any cover & cannot take other company medical card since u're already hv illness.

ask ur agent carefully. if u want the best for urself, find the best company existed.

nuzul azwan
prudential jb/kl
013-7778892

Added on April 19, 2009, 10:09 am
QUOTE(chew_ronnie @ Apr 3 2009, 12:32 AM)
Yes what Nonac say is true. Must get a guarantee renewable card and the limit to the outpatient cancer and kidney dialysis treatment shall not be capped. In real world, these 2 treatments will suck up alot of your resources. So do more shopping around. As i've mentioned, the best med cards around are still from Allianz, Prudential and GE as for this moment. ING and HLA are good but the current lifetime limit is still quite low.
Jutawan my 2 cents to you.
Most important by order (if you are insurance 1st timer)
1. Medcard - as high as possible
2. 36 C.I - Minimum 3 times ur annual income
3. Death/TPD - Minimum 3 times annual income
4. PA - 3 times annual income preferably with weekly indemnity benefit.

PM me if you need assistance and btw i'm from Allianz

rgds
yeah.. i'm agree with u.. allianz, GE & prudential hv he best produk so far. i'm a pru agent myself. when allianz & GE want to launch their takaful?

This post has been edited by malaunz: Apr 19 2009, 10:09 AM
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Apr 19 2009, 02:31 PM

On my way

QUOTE(malaunz @ Apr 19 2009, 11:06 AM)
yeah.. i'm agree with u.. allianz, GE & prudential hv he best produk so far. i'm a pru agent myself. when allianz & GE want to launch their takaful?
What are the criterion that make you think that a product is good while others are not good?? Please share...
+Quote Post
bsmohd
post Apr 19 2009, 02:39 PM

Getting Started

The only Issurance scheme that does not have co-insurance, AXA Affin. Do have medical card, personal accident and critical illness. I'm just a subscriber. Please pm me if you need their executive contact.
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Apr 19 2009, 02:41 PM

On my way

QUOTE(bsmohd @ Apr 19 2009, 03:39 PM)
The only Issurance scheme that does not have co-insurance, AXA Affin.
From what I know, ING medical card doesn't have co-insurance also... Then, why do you say so???

This post has been edited by lcl832002: Apr 19 2009, 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
bsmohd
post Apr 19 2009, 02:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lcl832002 @ Apr 19 2009, 02:41 PM)
From I know, ING medical card doesn't have co-insurance also... Then, why do you say so???
Really? Then it's my mistake, apologise for that blush.gif
+Quote Post
lcl832002
post Apr 19 2009, 02:54 PM

On my way

QUOTE(bsmohd @ Apr 19 2009, 03:47 PM)
Really? Then it's my mistake, apologise for that  blush.gif
It is normal. Actually, we even agents can't know all the insurance plans in the market as there are too many plans...
+Quote Post
p3nang
post Apr 19 2009, 08:52 PM

Getting Started

haha. don't worry, you will be forgiven. jkjk.
i am from ING as well. smile.gif
+Quote Post
malaunz
post Apr 23 2009, 10:41 PM

QUOTE(lcl832002 @ Apr 19 2009, 02:31 PM)
What are the criterion that make you think that a product is good while others are not good?? Please share...
when taking an insurance, consider the plan carefully. actually, the basic life insurance is all the same which cover the 3 major risk

1. Death benefits
2. 36/40 critical illness
3. accident/disablement

so the different is in the medical card. how u want the medical card cover u? here's some condition u should consider,

1. don't look at the lifetime limit, look for annual limit. no matter if ur lifetime limit is 600k, but ur annual limit is just 20k, it didn't enough. even a "bisol" could cost almost 5k..

2. look the medical card plan carefully, is it hv any other limit besides the annual limit? even if u hv an annual limit of 60k, but there's limit on operation of 36k, limit on dialysis of 30k, it also didn't enough. one dialysis cost RM500 & need to do at least 2 times a week. u do the math urself.

3. ask the agent whether the medical card need to be renew or not? some medical card need to be renew early or maybe 5 year. u think for urself, if somedays, maybe after 5-6 years of renewing, u get an illness that cost about 50k. do you think the insurance company would let u renew? if u can renew, the previous illness will be excluded from ur benefits.

4. every time u want to renew the medical card, the price won't be the same again.

5. every medical card that need to be renew are term insurance & hv burn money policy.

Nuzul Azwan
Prudential/Prudential-BSN Takaful (JB/KL)
nuzul.azwan(@)yahoo.com
+Quote Post
panjay
post May 21 2009, 11:32 PM

Group: New Member

im etiqa takaful agent
medical if u take dont need to renew as long as u pay the monthly donation
+Quote Post
MilesAndMore
post May 22 2009, 01:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(chew_ronnie @ Apr 2 2009, 01:19 PM)
If you are looking for medical cards, I can only recommend the following 3 companies because these have the highest limit in the market which shall be useful in the future as medical cost is on the rising hand.

1. Allianz
2. Prudential - not Prudential Takaful
3. Great Eastern
Allianz is a pain in the ass to deal with. I'd say go for Great Eastern.

+Quote Post
ask_dino
post May 22 2009, 10:14 AM

Casual

maybe this is out of the original topic..but how about MAA?
+Quote Post
numbertwo
post May 22 2009, 10:29 AM

Regular

Since i'm employed and company has bought a medical card for me, should i be buying another one (can a person carrying two medical cards?) , or should I just top up the 36 illness and the death benefits in my own policy? Any good advice?

Edited : sorry , just found another thread on this subject..so ignore me here.. Tks.

This post has been edited by numbertwo: May 22 2009, 10:35 AM
+Quote Post
ask_dino
post May 22 2009, 10:33 AM

Casual

yes, i think you should because the medical card that your company provided is only covers during your tenure in the company and most probably not after you've retired...so a second med-card is vital in my opinion for your retirement.

well its always good not to put the eggs in just one basket...just my concern
+Quote Post
malaunz
post May 27 2009, 06:14 PM

QUOTE(ask_dino @ May 22 2009, 10:14 AM)
maybe this is out of the original topic..but how about MAA?
MAA also hv burn money policy on the medical card & need to be renew. also it hv low annual limit ~30K only.

Added on June 10, 2009, 11:19 pm
QUOTE(panjay @ May 21 2009, 11:32 PM)
im etiqa takaful agent
medical if u take dont need to renew as long as u pay the monthly donation
i don't think so. read the policy carefully on the etiqa mediksave rider. there's a term under the topic "Contract & Renewal". it says on every anniversary of the policy, etiqa hv the right to review previous claims & increase the premium base on existing sickness or risk. that's mean it's not guarantee renewable

how come u as an etiqa agent didn't read your own policy?

mohamad nuzul azwan bin ali.
Prudential JB/KL
mdnuzulazwan@prupartner.com.my

This post has been edited by malaunz: Jun 10 2009, 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
jazyboy
post Jul 29 2009, 04:48 AM

better u choose ETIQA coz i think etiqa takaful is the best!....
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jul 29 2009, 08:37 AM

Regular

nuzul,

i think you made some important points but i want to add some things:

"1. don't look at the lifetime limit, look for annual limit. no matter if ur lifetime limit is 600k, but ur annual limit is just 20k, it didn't enough. even a "bisol" could cost almost 5k.."

== always look for the lifetime limit! if you only get 3x annual limit for life this is NOT the plan for long term insurance. you slowly eat your allowance while paying the premium. then when its eaten up, its hard or next to impossible to find new insurer. ALWAYS choose a plan with a very high annual and a much much higher lifeltime limit if you must. even better: no lifetime limit. i personally would never rely only on a plan with lifeltime limit.

500k annual limit does not cost you a fortune if you choose a standalone policy.

"2. look the medical card plan carefully, is it hv any other limit besides the annual limit? even if u hv an annual limit of 60k, but there's limit on operation of 36k, limit on dialysis of 30k, it also didn't enough. one dialysis cost RM500 & need to do at least 2 times a week. u do the math urself."

== yes, sublimits are bad. avoid them by all means. for dialysis and other outpatient benefits its impossible to avoid them in one way or the other. this is why you sometimes need a second medical card to cover for just those things in order to make optimal decisions.

"3. ask the agent whether the medical card need to be renew or not? some medical card need to be renew early or maybe 5 year. u think for urself, if somedays, maybe after 5-6 years of renewing, u get an illness that cost about 50k. do you think the insurance company would let u renew? if u can renew, the previous illness will be excluded from ur benefits."

== as far as i know all standalone medical cards are yearly renewable. just make sure that its renewable at the option of the policy holder without loading or exclusions. then you are good. other policies are - sorry to say so - not insurances at all. they are money making shemes for the insurance companies.

"4. every time u want to renew the medical card, the price won't be the same again."

== absolutely true. allocate a budget that covers the average costs of a lifetime and save the difference to reduce burden in the future.

"5. every medical card that need to be renew are term insurance & hv burn money policy."

== medical cards are not burning money if chosen properly. actually the very principle of insurance implies that you pay premium and if you are lucky nothing happens to you you dont get any money. anything else is NOT an insurance. stay away from anything but an actual insurance for H&S since you only pay more that way. it doesnt work in your benefit.
+Quote Post
spyworld
post Aug 9 2009, 08:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jazyboy @ Jul 29 2009, 04:48 AM)
better u choose ETIQA coz i think etiqa takaful is the best!....
Don't crap here. I know you working for ETIQA. If the company disappear, you will lose your job. Don't Crap HERE.

This post has been edited by spyworld: Aug 9 2009, 08:15 PM
+Quote Post
jazyboy
post Aug 14 2009, 12:49 AM

QUOTE(spyworld @ Aug 9 2009, 08:15 PM)
Don't crap here. I know you working for ETIQA. If the company disappear, you will lose your job. Don't Crap HERE.
???????????... this can explain why etiqa...i have my own job ok!..sorry i'm a bussinessman....don't tag me ass ETIQA!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

just info...TC
+Quote Post
leecy
post Aug 14 2009, 01:12 AM

Getting Started

agree with it. GE,Allianz,Prudential has the best medical card around. If you wish to know more about GE plan, please dun hesistate to PM me.
+Quote Post
imax80
post Aug 18 2009, 03:10 PM

Enthusiast

I took takaful etiqa..i missed my monthly payment in last february 2009..coz my bank acount was empty automatic payment cant be done then, but in March 2009 onward the payment resume.

Anyone know what will happen to the month i missed to pay and what is the effect to my policy?
+Quote Post
atake
post Oct 4 2009, 12:36 AM

Getting Started

I am planning to buy an insuranse(Medical,life,investment).This is the quotation/details i received from one of the agent from Prudential Takaful...Should i proceed or not ?

http://eyriqazz.blogspot.com/2009/09/prude...sn-takaful.html

Or,should i choose Etiqa?Any etiqa agent here?

Sorry,it was easier if any Etiqa Agent/Any insurance agent to reply direct to me via comment in my blog.It will be easier for me to make a decision rather than go to this forum again and again.

This post has been edited by atake: Oct 4 2009, 12:38 AM
+Quote Post
Optiplex330
post Oct 4 2009, 08:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lcl832002 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:40 AM)
I have one advice for every consumer when you want to buy medical card. You MUST make sure that the medical cards offered by them have the renewability feature. For details, please read my blog titled IS IT TRUE THAT EVERY MEDICAL CARD IN MALAYSIA HAS RENEWABILITY FEATURE?.

I am not promoting my blog here. I just want to share some information that is very important to you and me.
Was talking to AXA agent and I don't see the word "renewal" on their HoneyPlus + MedicalCareRider. But was told all policy are now renewal automatically as per instruction of Bank Negara. True of false?

This post has been edited by Optiplex330: Oct 4 2009, 08:36 AM
+Quote Post
kydfais
post Oct 6 2009, 02:22 AM

Hi,
i'm a mom with 2 kids n my husband is self-employed, so we dont hav any medical cover or support. i'm searching for the best insurance plan for my family. i been thru this tread but still in bushes. cant understand most of the insurance term.
can any of u especially an agent assist me. serious in meeting any agent from ING, GE, allianz or prudential. i'm from ampang
+Quote Post
chianpy
post Oct 6 2009, 05:37 PM

Smart advice for all potential Medical Card/Investment Link plan buyer. Always compare all insurance charges charged by every different company, GE, AIA, Prudential, .......... Every company charge differently. In long run, the insurance charges are going to eat all your hard earn money. Of course the renewability of the medical card is also top priority.

Second advice for Investment link plan buyer, always go for an agent with good investment knowledge ( unit trust ). As the name of the product is
' Investment link plan ' the key foremost important thing is investment then only protection. Many insurance agents knows nuts about investment and only want $$comission and career promotion. They don't care whether your investment are on the right track of making money or not.
Poor investment knowledge will burn your hard earn money through heavy insurance charges. Soon you may need to top up your policy premium.

Stay alert and make your own study. You will know what I'm talking about.
+Quote Post
tydell
post Nov 6 2009, 12:31 PM

Getting Started

Go to Government Hospital. No need any crap plans. The one gain the most is the private hospital. All this is western capitalization.

And the best insurance for you is, you taking care of your self. No smoking, no eating oily food, regular exercise.

+Quote Post
ajau
post Mar 10 2010, 03:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jul 29 2009, 08:37 AM)
nuzul,

i think you made some important points but i want to add some things:

"1. don't look at the lifetime limit, look for annual limit. no matter if ur lifetime limit is 600k, but ur annual limit is just 20k, it didn't enough. even a "bisol" could cost almost 5k.."

== always look for the lifetime limit! if you only get 3x annual limit for life this is NOT the plan for long term insurance. you slowly eat your allowance while paying the premium. then when its eaten up, its hard or next to impossible to find new insurer. ALWAYS choose a plan with a very high annual and a much much higher lifeltime limit if you must. even better: no lifetime limit. i personally would never rely only on a plan with lifeltime limit.

500k annual limit does not cost you a fortune if you choose a standalone policy.

"2. look the medical card plan carefully, is it hv any other limit besides the annual limit? even if u hv an annual limit of 60k, but there's limit on operation of 36k, limit on dialysis of 30k, it also didn't enough. one dialysis cost RM500 & need to do at least 2 times a week. u do the math urself."

== yes, sublimits are bad. avoid them by all means. for dialysis and other outpatient benefits its impossible to avoid them in one way or the other. this is why you sometimes need a second medical card to cover for just those things in order to make optimal decisions.

"3. ask the agent whether the medical card need to be renew or not? some medical card need to be renew early or maybe 5 year. u think for urself, if somedays, maybe after 5-6 years of renewing, u get an illness that cost about 50k. do you think the insurance company would let u renew? if u can renew, the previous illness will be excluded from ur benefits."

== as far as i know all standalone medical cards are yearly renewable. just make sure that its renewable at the option of the policy holder without loading or exclusions. then you are good. other policies are - sorry to say so - not insurances at all. they are money making shemes for the insurance companies.

"4. every time u want to renew the medical card, the price won't be the same again."

== absolutely true. allocate a budget that covers the average costs of a lifetime and save the difference to reduce burden in the future.

"5. every medical card that need to be renew are term insurance & hv burn money policy."

== medical cards are not burning money if chosen properly. actually the very principle of insurance implies that you pay premium and if you are lucky nothing happens to you you dont get any money. anything else is NOT an insurance. stay away from anything but an actual insurance for H&S since you only pay more that way. it doesnt work in your benefit.
I just want to add. Both annual limit and lifetime limit is very important. Try to gain as high as possible.

So far I know in Prudential and PruBSN, you have an option to have annual limit waiver. Meaning, you can pay your hospital bill regardless any amount as long as it is within your lifetime limit between RM0.5 million and RM1.5 million. This apply to both conventional Prudential and PruBSN Takaful Medical Card.

Hazhar
013-3414889
hazharismail@gmail.com
Prudential / PruBSN Takaful
+Quote Post
ibm632
post Mar 14 2010, 09:50 PM

1st of all u you need info regarding Prudential BSN Takaful to www.prubsn.my.

Utk comparison PruBSN Takaful dengan Etiqa tu susah sikit..... sebab ada pro and cont nyer.

Tapi point yg biasa saya ckp kat client ... ejen Etiqa sendiri subscribe Medikal kad PruBSN dengan saya.
+Quote Post
mfitri77
post Mar 15 2010, 12:21 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(ibm632 @ Mar 14 2010, 09:50 PM)
1st of all u you need info regarding Prudential BSN Takaful to www.prubsn.my.

Utk comparison PruBSN Takaful dengan Etiqa tu susah sikit..... sebab ada pro and cont nyer.

Tapi point yg biasa saya ckp kat client ... ejen Etiqa sendiri subscribe Medikal kad PruBSN dengan saya.
Wah, Brahim.. Sifu here already ah...

Added on March 15, 2010, 12:24 pm
QUOTE(tydell @ Nov 6 2009, 12:31 PM)
Go to Government Hospital. No need any crap plans. The one gain the most is the private hospital. All this is western capitalization.

And the best insurance for you is, you taking care of your self. No smoking, no eating oily food, regular exercise.
Dude, tell me that when you see your wife struggling 2 hours after giving birth to go to the toilet with blood dripping on the floor. That was when I swore I will get the best treatment available for my family.

This post has been edited by mfitri77: Mar 15 2010, 12:24 PM
+Quote Post
ibm632
post Mar 15 2010, 10:10 PM

QUOTE(mfitri77 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:21 PM)
Wah, Brahim.. Sifu here already ah...

Baru singgah sini kejap... tengok macam ok jugak kat sini .. mana tahu boleh singgah bagi pendapat.

+Quote Post
redruby
post May 23 2010, 11:59 AM

thankyou

This post has been edited by redruby: May 25 2010, 01:05 PM
+Quote Post
HHalphaomega
post May 24 2010, 08:59 AM

Casual

QUOTE(redruby @ May 23 2010, 11:59 AM)
hi there ,

i ada question , kalau la i amik plan prudential bsn takaful ni skarang , RM 300 sebulan le katakan , adakah premium i akan meningkat bila i meningkat umur, Saya diterangkan yang premium saya takkan naik even bile saya tua sebab cash value boleh cover , tapi anda kata return of interest 0 or negative maybe sebab keadaaan ekonomi yang teruk ke dan cash value mmg tak cukup , adakah saya kene tambah premium bulanan saya , dan soalannye berapa?

saye cuma nak makesure bile saye dah bersara ,tiba tiba premium bertambah dan i tak mampu nak baya premium.

sesiapa kat sini ada jawapannye tak

-thanks
Jawapan yang saya dah dengar :

Cash value boleh cover ( saya tau kalau andai kata cash value tak boleh cover ? berapa saya kene baya extra untuk premium)
Bende ni tak pernah terjadi (Bende tak pernah terjadi  , tapi kemungkinan terjadi tetap ada , sebab dikemudian hari apa yang kita sign kat policy yang matter)

Saya harap ada agent yang boleh jawap soalan saya , thanks
zam
Zam,

Sepertimana yang anda sudah pun tahu, premium tidak dijamin and isu top up tidak boleh di ketepikan.

Dalam scenario dimana cash value tidak mencukupi, anda akan disuruh top up supaya bayaran cukup untuk insuran caj (boleh rujuk kepada plan anda daripada agen).

HH

+Quote Post
abbychan87
post May 24 2010, 01:58 PM

Casual

is that etiqa is totaly guarantee return ? legal or what ?
+Quote Post
pchan84
post May 24 2010, 02:06 PM

Getting Started

It's legal, however it's not guaranteed, like most of the ILP's. The important thing is to get yr investment fund on the right track and enough insurance coverage.

This post has been edited by pchan84: May 24 2010, 02:07 PM
+Quote Post
HHalphaomega
post May 24 2010, 02:11 PM

Casual

QUOTE(abbychan87 @ May 24 2010, 01:58 PM)
is that etiqa is totaly guarantee return ? legal or what ?
Returns should be a secondary focus when purchasing insurance as the main thing is to ensure adequate protection. Returns on ILP products is not completely guaranteed as mentioned. Projections are legal in the sense it's based on BNM new guidelines.

+Quote Post
redruby
post May 29 2010, 08:16 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance
i am not sure about Etiqa but with PBT you definitely will be properly covered in term of death and TPD benefit , critical illness and personal accident.Takafullink Also offer good investment scheme and you can attach together medical card with the plan.PBT medical card , you are required to pay 10% of your total medical bill ( Min RM 300 and Max RM 1000).However this can be covered with PRUmed benefits (Surgery , ICU and ward confinement allowance).PBT medical card also has annual and lifetime limits. It ranges from 50,000 -150,000 for annual limits and 500,000 to 1.5 mils for lifetime limits.

+Quote Post
rayyanprudential
post Sep 7 2010, 01:53 PM

QUOTE(kydfais @ Oct 6 2009, 02:22 AM)
Hi,
i'm a mom with 2 kids n my husband is self-employed, so we dont hav any medical cover or support. i'm searching for the best insurance plan for my family. i been thru this tread but still in bushes. cant understand most of the insurance term.
can any of u especially an agent assist me.  serious in meeting any agent from ING, GE, allianz or prudential. i'm from ampang
Hi KYdfais,

i have just read your post and if there is anyone who has attended to your enquiries yet, please feel free to drop me your details at rayyanworks(at)gmail(dot)com so we can schedule for an appointment. By the way my name is Rayyan Harris and i'm a wealth planner with Prudential.
+Quote Post
zaff1984
post Jan 10 2011, 01:34 PM

Getting Started

hi, I already subscribe Pridential BSN Takaful (Takaful MediAssist) since Feb 2007, how much max I can with draw? have NCB ? FYI, my monthly commitment is RM150 and I tak pernah masuk hospital.
+Quote Post
MNet
post Jan 10 2011, 06:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

check with ur agent
+Quote Post
jamgu
post Feb 11 2011, 12:30 AM

QUOTE(MNet @ Jan 10 2011, 07:25 PM)
check with ur agent
So far I know in Prudential and PruBSN, you have an option to have annual limit waiver. Meaning, you can pay your hospital bill regardless any amount as long as it is within your lifetime limit between RM0.5 million and RM1.5 million. This apply to both conventional Prudential and PruBSN Takaful Medical Card.

Syed
019-4347535

+Quote Post
salam03
post Feb 11 2011, 04:33 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jamgu @ Feb 11 2011, 12:30 AM)

Syed
019-4347535

to be fair....annual limit 50k,lifetime limit 500k.

if total cost is Rm100k...how much you need to pay for co-insurance/co-takaful?

Am i right with calculatio below for total cost of Rm100k...?

first Rm50k [annual limit],customer need to pay min rm300 and max Rm1k/2k
the next Rm50k [with annual limit waiver],customer need to pay 10%,which is Rm5k...

so total customer need to fork out is Rm6k/7k....

this annual limit waiver is a little bit tricky in respect of fixed 10% co-insurance/co-takaful,so a good Pru agent will explain this fine details to you,if the agent does not explain this,find another agent.
+Quote Post
redruby
post Feb 19 2011, 08:49 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance
If you are looking for good medical card , you should consider all these criterias..

1. Does the medical card has portfolio withdrawal condition
2. When you upgrade or take the room that slightly expensive than the plan , do they charge you 20% co-insurance?
3. Does the plan provides you with Allowances to cover the co-insurance?
4. Please look at the inner limit , how much are the limits for cancer treatment and kidney dialysis?
5. Claim reputation ( How easy to do claim)
6. How the investment funds perform?
7. The medical card must be guarantee renewal.
8. Does the plan rewards you with incentive when you dont claim?
9. Please look at annual limit and lifetime limit. The limit must be decently enough for medical treatments.
10. Can you waive annual limit in order to use your lifetime limit anytime you want.

+Quote Post
malekprubsn
post Nov 3 2011, 03:56 PM

If you are looking for good medical card , you should consider all these criterias..

1. Does the medical card has portfolio withdrawal condition
2. When you upgrade or take the room that slightly expensive than the plan , do they charge you 20% co-insurance?
3. Does the plan provides you with Allowances to cover the co-insurance?
4. Please look at the inner limit , how much are the limits for cancer treatment and kidney dialysis?
5. Claim reputation ( How easy to do claim)
6. How the investment funds perform?
7. The medical card must be guarantee renewal.
8. Does the plan rewards you with incentive when you dont claim?
9. Please look at annual limit and lifetime limit. The limit must be decently enough for medical treatments.
10. Can you waive annual limit in order to use your lifetime limit anytime you want.

Good advice... smile.gif

But, first step is consult your self first then get the consultation for which is the BEST plan / best medical card plan for you.

Thank you...

Malek
019-3444946
+Quote Post
smartinvestor01
post Nov 3 2011, 07:58 PM

Passive Income On The Line

Hi,

Thanks in advance
I will pick PruHealth from Prudential..

But since your dilemma does not include Prudential, i would prefer PruBSN... ^^

+Quote Post
MNet
post Nov 3 2011, 11:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Nov 3 2011, 07:58 PM)
I will pick PruHealth from Prudential..

But since your dilemma does not include Prudential, i would prefer PruBSN... ^^
just to share my experience with Allianz, I have a medical policy bought in 2006 and its lifetime limit is only 3 times its annual limit (annual limit is 50,000 and lifetime is 150,000). In 2009, I received an endorsement from Allianz notifying me that my medical lifetime limit has been upgraded from 150,000 to 500,000 WITHOUT additional premium or cost! Wow, this really a good practice and and thanks Allianz for this treat. My wife policy from Prudential was not that lucky. She received offer from Prudential that her annual limit will increase BUT the lifetime limit stays at 3 times annual limit. And to only increase her annual limit, she has to sign an acceptance letter cause the offer comes with an INCREASE in PREMIUM! Now she has changed her policy to Allianz:)
+Quote Post
dreamdude
post May 7 2012, 12:15 PM

Hi all...Prudential BSN Takaful the investment linked insurance is total crap.if you wan jus for medical card then its ok.im jus paying rm100 from 2007 now my savings is jus rm600 and the truth is the investment will go down and up ....pissed offf.....jus thin if another 10 years u check again and there is only rm 1000..hw sad ...if i jus bank in partial rm 100...rm50 the bank saving i wil have a good amount.please check your policy plan and join the insurance.heard tokyo marine and manulife is good for savings and retirement plan.
+Quote Post
roystevenung
post May 7 2012, 03:43 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dreamdude @ May 7 2012, 12:15 PM)
Hi all...Prudential BSN Takaful the investment linked insurance is total crap.if you wan jus for medical card then its ok.im jus paying rm100 from 2007 now my savings is jus rm600 and the truth is the investment will go down and up ....pissed offf.....jus thin if another 10 years u check again and there is only rm 1000..hw sad ...if i jus bank in partial rm 100...rm50 the bank saving i wil have a good amount.please check your policy plan and join the insurance.heard tokyo marine and manulife is good for savings and retirement plan.
Hi,

It is always sad to know when someone buy insurance they are mostly focused on the 'returns'/'savings' portion rather than the 'protection' element. I had mentioned this many times (some of it were being bombarded by agents) but I shall say this again, "If you want to look at purely savings, please go to bank or do unit trust or property (to name a few)."

Also, be careful of the products being promoted by the banks. Some are insurance product but are being 'package' to look as if it is purely savings. Most of the savings plans with the word "insurance" are bound to be having admin charge, insurance charge, processing fee and what not that makes the IRR not attractive, some even lower than bank FD!

Investment Link Policies are tied to the underlying funds & Prudential investment linked policies have 3 main sections:

1. Basic Unit Account, life/CI riders

2. Protection Unit Account, accidental riders, PA, waiver, medical card riders

3. Investment Unit Account - If you ADD on your premium into this section, 95% of the premium will be allocated to buy you units.

For PruBSN, section 1 & 2 the "Wakalah charge" are 1st to 6th yr 60% 60% 50% 30% 20% 0%.

This means for year 1 & 2, only 40% of your premium is used to purchased units which in turn generates the RM 600 for you. Now when the funds are on the 'high' you're actually buying lesser units, meaning lesser cash value.

When your fund had snowballed into a substantial amount, have it moved to bond (when the funds are high) and should the fund drops, have it switched back to Equity to ride on the wave. It is an endless repetition if you're serious of managing your money.

For example, before the financial crisis hit at 2008, a client had Rm 50K in his policy and moved it to bonds. When it drop, and if he had not moved his fund would be valued at RM 30~32K!

Having said that, nowadays with RM100 per month, it is not even enough to cover the Room & Board. The minimum room & board in most of the private hospitals had gone up to RM 120-150.

If you have any questions please ask
+Quote Post
dreamdude
post May 8 2012, 09:50 PM

Mr roy steven,

what should i do now..im planning to cancel this insurance ,should i discontinue it as it not worthy ..is there any compensation?
+Quote Post
roystevenung
post May 11 2012, 07:52 PM

Regular

QUOTE(dreamdude @ May 8 2012, 09:50 PM)
Mr roy steven,

what should i do now..im planning to cancel this insurance ,should i discontinue it as it not worthy ..is there any compensation?
Hi, before you even think that that piece of paper from PruBSN is not worthy, may I ask you what would you do if in the middle of the night at 3am your kid is suddenly having high fever with red spots all over his body?

If you had cancelled that policy you'd not be able to use the medical card at the panel hospital and you'd have to standby RM 2K ~ RM 3K as security deposit if you need to seek treatment at the private hospital.

Denggi cases could cost between RM 8K~12K at a private hospital in Penang and you'll have to pay that amount if you don't have a medical card.

Most insurance that has medical attached to it, you need to pay for insurance charge. There is no free lunch my friend.

If you already have another medical card that is able to do the job as to what PruBSN is offering, then perhaps you may need to talk to the agent that sold you that plan.

Discontinue any plans especially plans with medical card in it is never beneficial or recommended. However if you really need to surrender (due to whatever reason), you'd need to bring your policy to the counter. They'll provide guidance on how the surrender process is and the cash value that you're able to take out.

Bear in mind if you had paid Rm 2400, you'll not get RM 2400, but instead you'll get very much less when you surrender as the policy is only around for 2 years. After the policy is in force for 7th year onward, that is when you can see the cash value gradually increasing.
+Quote Post
yj09
post Aug 2 2012, 10:48 PM

QUOTE(MNet @ Nov 3 2011, 11:47 PM)
just to share my experience with Allianz, I have a medical policy bought in 2006 and its lifetime limit is only 3 times its annual limit (annual limit is 50,000 and lifetime is 150,000). In 2009, I received an endorsement from Allianz notifying me that my medical lifetime limit has been upgraded from 150,000 to 500,000 WITHOUT additional premium or cost! Wow, this really a good practice and and thanks Allianz for this treat. My wife policy from Prudential was not that lucky. She received offer from Prudential that her annual limit will increase BUT the lifetime limit stays at 3 times annual limit. And to only increase her annual limit, she has to sign an acceptance letter cause the offer comes with an INCREASE in PREMIUM! Now she has changed her policy to Allianz:)
hi, im agree for those insurans. mine pruBSN, previously i own this + my wife and son, after a while more than 3 years when my company suddenly got problem pay not in time, and lastly not active, i got nothing info about this, my agent also total crapppp.. just take money and cabut... they should advice me to something earlier when the things happen, i paid near 10k or more and got nothing return... it just sh**... if i got info earlier maybe at least got hundred or maybe more..
one more agent is agent... even friend... they only take your money and nothing more...

now find cheap health insurance if any..preferably for family.. or just saving....

This post has been edited by yj09: Aug 2 2012, 10:49 PM
+Quote Post
roystevenung
post Aug 3 2012, 08:40 AM

Regular

QUOTE(yj09 @ Aug 2 2012, 10:48 PM)
hi, im agree for those insurans. mine pruBSN, previously i own this + my wife and son, after a while more than 3 years when my company suddenly got problem pay not in time, and lastly not active, i got nothing info about this, my agent also total crapppp.. just take money and cabut... they should advice me to something earlier when the things happen,  i paid near 10k or more and got nothing return... it just sh**... if i got info earlier maybe at least got hundred or maybe more..
one more agent is agent... even friend... they only take your money and nothing more...

now  find cheap health insurance if any..preferably for family.. or just saving....
Bro, I'm sorry of what happen to you. But what do you mean by your agent take your money and cabut? Are you paying directly to the agent?

If you are, please do not give agent cash. Instead opt for auto-debit (potong dari bank terus ke insurance company) / credit card payment.

When our income is affected, you could get your agent to re-look at the policy and opt for lowering down the cover so that you can still sustain the policy. That is the agent's job. If he is not doing you justice, then by all means change agent.

One thing to note: With the cheaper policy that you have now, if you were to stop payment, the cover would eventually ends as well, no?

Also, just a reminder the insurance policy needs to be serviced for life or as long as you want to enjoy the benefit/coverage of the policy, some up to age 80 (for the medical).

It's like your car insurance, when you stop payment, the cover ends. Sure some opt for term/standalone policy lower premiums. But has it occur to you that some term policies generates cash value at snail pace?

Do you prefer 1) Pay now lesser burden later or 2) Pay lesser now and burden later? (do note that at old age, we may not be able to work anymore and that is when our coverage with company ends.....

Personally I prefer 1) when we are able....

Second point is that if you're looking at insurance for savings, sorry, you better put that money in ASB or other forms of investments. Insurance is about Protection. Once you get sufficient protection, then only look into savings.

I was servicing my client at one of the private hospitals in Penang two weeks ago and spoke to a brother whose sister is in ICU for 15 days for Stroke. She wiped out her entire EPF/savings, something she had worked for for the past 35 years in a mere 15 days of ICU because she had cancelled her policy due to agent who happens to be a close friend of the family and since then never trusted any insurance.

She was warded at the private because at emergencies like this, one only know the nearest hospital there is.

The 15 days in ICU costs RM 70k and the bill is expected to rise as there has not been any improvement. She's on life support. I hope she recovers soon or the family will really be in financial trouble.
+Quote Post
techie.opinion
post Aug 3 2012, 04:04 PM

On my way

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Aug 3 2012, 08:40 AM)
Bro, I'm sorry of what happen to you. But what do you mean by your agent take your money and cabut? Are you paying directly to the agent?

If you are, please do not give agent cash. Instead opt for auto-debit (potong dari bank terus ke insurance company) / credit card payment.

When our income is affected, you could get your agent to re-look at the policy and opt for lowering down the cover so that you can still sustain the policy. That is the agent's job. If he is not doing you justice, then by all means change agent.

One thing to note: With the cheaper policy that you have now, if you were to stop payment, the cover would eventually ends as well, no?

Also, just a reminder the insurance policy needs to be serviced for life or as long as you want to enjoy the benefit/coverage of the policy, some up to age 80 (for the medical).

It's like your car insurance, when you stop payment, the cover ends. Sure some opt for term/standalone policy lower premiums. But has it occur to you that some term policies generates cash value at snail pace?

Do you prefer 1) Pay now lesser burden later or 2) Pay lesser now and burden later? (do note that at old age, we may not be able to work anymore and that is when our coverage with company ends.....

Personally I prefer 1) when we are able....

Second point is that  if you're looking at insurance for savings, sorry, you better put that money in ASB or other forms of investments. Insurance is about Protection. Once you get sufficient protection, then only look into savings.

I was servicing my client at one of the private hospitals in Penang two weeks ago and spoke to a brother whose sister is in ICU for 15 days for Stroke. She wiped out her entire EPF/savings, something she had worked for for the past 35 years in a mere 15 days of ICU because she had cancelled her policy due to agent who happens to be a close friend of the family and since then never trusted any insurance.

She was warded at the private because at emergencies like this, one only know the nearest hospital there is.

The 15 days in ICU costs RM 70k and the bill is expected to rise as there has not been any improvement. She's on life support. I hope she recovers soon or the family will really be in financial trouble.
It is how important the insurance. Suffered now or later, it is on our own decision making. We cannot predict the future, so be prepared for whatever circumstances in our life. Take the situation happen, it is show what money and insurance can do? If we cured/survive, what happened then when EPF saving gone for treatment?

Get insured even it cost RM10 per month... at least something rather than nothing.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1179sec    1.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 02:46 AM