Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Etiqa Or Prudential BSN (Takaful), Which is better in term of benefits?

views

techie.opinion
post Aug 3 2012, 04:04 PM

On my way
661 posts

QUOTE(roystevenung @ Aug 3 2012, 08:40 AM)
Bro, I'm sorry of what happen to you. But what do you mean by your agent take your money and cabut? Are you paying directly to the agent?

If you are, please do not give agent cash. Instead opt for auto-debit (potong dari bank terus ke insurance company) / credit card payment.

When our income is affected, you could get your agent to re-look at the policy and opt for lowering down the cover so that you can still sustain the policy. That is the agent's job. If he is not doing you justice, then by all means change agent.

One thing to note: With the cheaper policy that you have now, if you were to stop payment, the cover would eventually ends as well, no?

Also, just a reminder the insurance policy needs to be serviced for life or as long as you want to enjoy the benefit/coverage of the policy, some up to age 80 (for the medical).

It's like your car insurance, when you stop payment, the cover ends. Sure some opt for term/standalone policy lower premiums. But has it occur to you that some term policies generates cash value at snail pace?

Do you prefer 1) Pay now lesser burden later or 2) Pay lesser now and burden later? (do note that at old age, we may not be able to work anymore and that is when our coverage with company ends.....

Personally I prefer 1) when we are able....

Second point is that  if you're looking at insurance for savings, sorry, you better put that money in ASB or other forms of investments. Insurance is about Protection. Once you get sufficient protection, then only look into savings.

I was servicing my client at one of the private hospitals in Penang two weeks ago and spoke to a brother whose sister is in ICU for 15 days for Stroke. She wiped out her entire EPF/savings, something she had worked for for the past 35 years in a mere 15 days of ICU because she had cancelled her policy due to agent who happens to be a close friend of the family and since then never trusted any insurance.

She was warded at the private because at emergencies like this, one only know the nearest hospital there is.

The 15 days in ICU costs RM 70k and the bill is expected to rise as there has not been any improvement. She's on life support. I hope she recovers soon or the family will really be in financial trouble.
It is how important the insurance. Suffered now or later, it is on our own decision making. We cannot predict the future, so be prepared for whatever circumstances in our life. Take the situation happen, it is show what money and insurance can do? If we cured/survive, what happened then when EPF saving gone for treatment?

Get insured even it cost RM10 per month... at least something rather than nothing.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.28    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:28 PM