Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Archery

views

Gowriey
post May 29 2014, 10:17 AM

0 posts

The link to the riser and limbs doesn't work. It directs to the main menu of the site. sad.gif
I checked out the SF+ Light riser and SF+ limbs which would cost me around 600+ D:

Any suggestion to where I can find 2nd hand bows? smile.gif
keyser soze
post May 29 2014, 11:36 AM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(Gowriey @ May 29 2014, 10:17 AM)
The link to the riser and limbs doesn't work. It directs to the main menu of the site. sad.gif
I checked out the SF+ Light riser and SF+ limbs which would cost me around 600+ D:

Any suggestion to where I can find 2nd hand bows? smile.gif
2nd hand bow you can start with your local archery club. The archery.com.my forum use to have someone selling 2nd hand equipments, but recently that forum not very active. Go the the archery club at AU2 on sunday morning talk with the person in charge, see if he know anyone selling their bow. You also need someone to help you to decide what size of limbs you require.

How tall are you?

Gowriey
post May 29 2014, 11:46 AM

0 posts

I'm 172cm tall biggrin.gif
What are the factors for choosing the limbs?
keyser soze
post May 29 2014, 01:07 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(Gowriey @ May 29 2014, 11:46 AM)
I'm 172cm tall biggrin.gif
What are the factors for choosing the limbs?
Draw length decide bow height means limbs size and draw weight is the limbs poundage.

Don't know how long is your arm but with your height you should roughly need a 66" bow. (You need someone to let you draw a bow correctly and measure your actual draw length. Usually your draw length will change a little bit while you improve with your skill)
Means if you use a 23" riser then you need 68" limbs. If 25" riser then 66" limbs.
My recommendation is to get a 23" riser. Easier to sell in Malaysia since Asian are mostly shorter seldom use 70" bow.
Don't buy a heavy limbs, as a beginner the most important thing is not to shoot the arrow very far, is to shoot a lot of arrows with the correct form. Heavy limbs will worn you out in half an hour and spoil your form.

BTW you can also talk to experts archery to gain more knowledge.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/108084245907554/?fref=ts

This post has been edited by keyser soze: May 29 2014, 01:17 PM
SUSyamahahai
post Jun 17 2014, 11:48 AM

44 posts

Hi guys, dun mind me asking is this shit good?

http://www.lelong.com.my/50lbs-left-handed...5-04-Sale-P.htm

looks like a liberty knockoff. But will it be a great starter pack for hunting?
Or should i check out PSE sinister? Do they sell PSE sinister here?

Im trying to get into archery for hunting not for target sport (maybe just to startoff)
Need somthing light and compact yet fast. Any recommendations?
However, im pretty sharp with a slingshot. I could headshot a civet cat at <50 feet range
using 10mm Bbs 36lbs pull force.

This post has been edited by yamahahai: Jun 17 2014, 12:01 PM
Heroicage
post Jun 26 2014, 04:04 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

A slingshot is not a bow. Has nothing to do with how good you can slingshot.

Anyway, the below are the specs.

Product specification:

IBO Rating= 260 fps
Axle-to-Axle = 21" (51.5 cm)
Brace Height= 9.5 " (23.3cm)
Mass Weight = 3.30 lbs (1.50 kg)
Let off = 75 – 80 %
Draw Weight = 50 lbs
Draw Length = 27-1/2" (67.5cm)

I hope you know how to read this. For me... 21" ATA is very short.
Bow is not forgiving, and you might have a hard time pulling, anchoring and aiming.
If you have a short arm, and strong steady arm....yeah...not an issue.

The draw length is 27.5, it should be enough, but you should be able to tune +/- 2" offset.

50 lbs for a compound bow , and for HUNTING....depends on what you are after.
Definitely useless against thick hide animals...ie: wild boars. In fact...USELESS. You will need to be very close proximity to let that off.

1.5kg is light, and again...not forgiving. That means...any small twitching and swaying when you let your arrow off... your shot will just "fish tail" somewhere.

My opinion...CRAP.

get a decent ATA around 24-25", a tad heavier....perhaps better Let-Off, that would help you to hold your short longer, aim and shoot.

Try to pull one with approximately 60# draw weight...and see if you can do that, before going HUNTING.
Naturally, I am guessing you are rich enough to replace your aluminium shaft arrows.
Reason...aluminium is the cheapest shaft and any shot you are doiing on hunting is going to damage your arrow straightness.

Split limbs...is a big NO for me.
Twin Cams, is ok, but for power..usually solo cam. Less adjustment than calibrating Twin cams.

hope this helps.

Heroicage
post Jun 26 2014, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(keyser soze @ May 29 2014, 01:07 PM)
Draw length decide bow height means limbs size and draw weight is the limbs poundage.

Don't know how long is your arm but with your height you should roughly need a  66" bow. (You need someone to let you draw a bow correctly and measure your actual draw length. Usually your draw length will change a little bit while you improve with your skill)
Means if you use a 23" riser then you need 68" limbs. If 25" riser then 66" limbs.
My recommendation is to get a 23" riser. Easier to sell in Malaysia since Asian are mostly shorter seldom use 70" bow.
Don't buy a heavy limbs, as a beginner the most important thing is not to shoot the arrow very far, is to shoot a lot of arrows with the correct form. Heavy limbs will worn you out in half an hour and spoil your form.

BTW you can also talk to experts archery  to gain more knowledge.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/108084245907554/?fref=ts
There is an easier way to measure than needing someone to measure your draw length.
Get a long arrow shaft, point one end to your throat (with a nock), and the use both your middle finger touching each other to the other end of the shaft.

That would be accurate enough to determine your draw length.

Hanford
post Jul 1 2014, 02:54 PM

Casual
424 posts

any archery place in klang ?
keyser soze
post Jul 1 2014, 04:33 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(Hanford @ Jul 1 2014, 02:54 PM)
any archery place in klang ?
Can try experts archery at Shah Alam.
akecema
post Jul 31 2014, 07:53 PM

Casual
433 posts

sorry wanna ask
what is difference compound bow from china
like brand JUNXING

cheap but i dont know the accuracy
im beginner and finding cheap bow to start
yaokb
post Aug 20 2014, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(Heroicage @ Jun 26 2014, 04:04 PM)
A slingshot is not a bow. Has nothing to do with how good you can slingshot.

Anyway, the below are the specs.

Product specification:

IBO Rating= 260 fps
    Axle-to-Axle = 21" (51.5 cm)
    Brace Height= 9.5 " (23.3cm)
    Mass Weight = 3.30 lbs (1.50 kg)
    Let off = 75 – 80 %
    Draw Weight = 50 lbs
    Draw Length = 27-1/2" (67.5cm)

I hope you know how to read this. For me... 21" ATA is very short.
Bow is not forgiving, and you might have a hard time pulling, anchoring and aiming.
If you have a short arm, and strong steady arm....yeah...not an issue.

The draw length is 27.5, it should be enough, but you should be able to tune +/- 2" offset.

50 lbs for a compound bow , and for HUNTING....depends on what you are after.
Definitely useless against thick hide animals...ie: wild boars. In fact...USELESS. You will need to be very close proximity to let that off.

1.5kg is light, and again...not forgiving. That means...any small twitching and swaying when you let your arrow off... your shot will just "fish tail" somewhere.

My opinion...CRAP.

get a decent ATA around 24-25", a tad heavier....perhaps better Let-Off, that would help you to hold your short longer, aim and shoot.

Try to pull one with approximately 60# draw weight...and see if you can do that, before going HUNTING.
Naturally, I am guessing you are rich enough to replace your aluminium shaft arrows.
Reason...aluminium is the cheapest shaft and any shot you are doiing on hunting is going to damage your arrow straightness.

Split limbs...is a big NO for me.
Twin Cams, is ok, but for power..usually solo cam. Less adjustment than calibrating Twin cams.

hope this helps.
Hi

have you been able to do any wild boar hunting around outskirts of KL?

i am interested to find out where.

Heroicage
post Aug 21 2014, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

Sorry, don't hunt.

I use to be in shooting in archery range , and the tuner/teacher sometimes tunes bows and help them fletch vanes for aluminium arrows for hunters. Also get those sharp razor arrows head for them.

If you are interested, you can walk into any archery shops. They will know who to contact and where the usual hunts are.

Also, you need a license to hunt certain animals.... you can't just walk to the jungle and kill something doing it.
If you get caught....enjoy your time.

I know some do illegal hunting.

Shahrizul_Affendi
post Aug 27 2014, 09:25 PM

2 posts

Hi guys. Can I hijack the topic for a bit? XD Or maybe I should start different thread?

I want to get into archery but got no clue how. My 2ndary school didn't have any programmes but I'm 19 now. Got a little bit of money saved if I want to buy a bow, but maybe I should practice at some archery ranges first?

So any advice? I live in Ampang. Do I need to practice at ranges first? Find an archery club?
yaokb
post Aug 28 2014, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

QUOTE(Shahrizul_Affendi @ Aug 27 2014, 09:25 PM)
Hi guys. Can I hijack the topic for a bit? XD Or maybe I should start different thread?

I want to get into archery but got no clue how. My 2ndary school didn't have any programmes but I'm 19 now. Got a little bit of money saved if I want to buy a bow, but maybe I should practice at some archery ranges first?

So any advice? I live in Ampang. Do I need to practice at ranges first? Find an archery club?
There is a archery club located at the MSN field at AU2 right in front of Aeon AU 2

You can go there during weekends and speak to the people ther and they will advise you accordingly.
G3-X
post Sep 30 2014, 05:11 PM

G Three X
635 posts

Memanah Warisan Malaysia
akecema
post Dec 8 2014, 09:10 AM

Casual
433 posts

anyone still play archery?

i just buy compound bow from ebay
but old bow from pse

pse mach 4r elite

user posted image

user posted image
akecema
post Dec 8 2014, 11:11 AM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(Heroicage @ Aug 21 2014, 11:09 PM)
Sorry, don't hunt.

I use to be in shooting in archery range , and the tuner/teacher sometimes tunes bows and help them fletch vanes for aluminium arrows for hunters. Also get those sharp razor arrows head for them.

If you are interested, you can walk into any archery shops. They will know who to contact and where the usual hunts are.

Also, you need a license to hunt certain animals.... you can't just walk to the jungle and kill something doing it.
If you get caught....enjoy your time.

I know some do illegal hunting.
sifu can tell me

i will using 2nd compound bow PSE Elite Mach 4r Elite

draw weight about 60lbs
draw length about 29'~30'

my height about 169cm

Heroicage
post Dec 8 2014, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

QUOTE(akecema @ Dec 8 2014, 11:11 AM)
sifu can tell me

i will using 2nd compound bow PSE Elite Mach 4r Elite

draw weight about 60lbs
draw length about 29'~30'

my height about 169cm
1) Can you take one of the arrow...point the nock to your throat (Adam apple), and then stretch both your hands to hold the tip of the arrow with your middle fingers?.

If your middle finger tip is longer...your arrow is short.
IF your middle finger is touching inside the arrow shaft...it means you need to cut the arrow length shorter.

user posted image

2) draw length 29"-30" is quite long. Usually for you, it might be 26.5-27"...but you need to go to the archery shop to measure that for you.
Else, you need to pull 29"-30" before you can nock , rest and aim your arrow....which would strain the wrong muscle

Or...do this maths calculation.
I don't think you have a draw "release" clicker right?...so, the below should apply as well.

user posted image

3) 60# is very hard to pull... LOL. If you have not shot compound before...stick with the minimum poundage.
You can see your minimum poundage, by looking at the specs in your bow's limb.
The bow has TWO limbs, you can find the reading there.
I assume the lowest might be somewhere 45 pounds.

I shoot 50-52# on indoor 20m....so, that is fine. Don't strain yourself....until you build the right back muscles to pull them.

4. I realize your compound does not come with a stabiliser....
Perhaps you might want to consider getting one.
IF you are hunting...usually it is a short stick in the lower limb....for competition, it is very long , and heavy at the tip.

user posted image

Sorry, I am not sifu.... I already retired 9 years ago....ahahahahha....
Enjoy your shooting on targets...

BEcareful not to hurt any living things.

This post has been edited by Heroicage: Dec 8 2014, 04:29 PM
akecema
post Dec 8 2014, 04:54 PM

Casual
433 posts

QUOTE(Heroicage @ Dec 8 2014, 04:26 PM)
1) Can you take one of the arrow...point the nock to your throat (Adam apple), and then stretch both your hands to hold the tip of the arrow with your middle fingers?.

If your middle finger tip is longer...your arrow is short.
IF your middle finger is touching inside the arrow shaft...it means you need to cut the arrow length shorter.

user posted image
2) draw length 29"-30" is quite long. Usually for you, it might be 26.5-27"...but you need to go to the archery shop to measure that for you.
Else, you need to pull 29"-30" before you can nock , rest and aim your arrow....which would strain the wrong muscle
Or...do this maths calculation.
I don't think you have a draw "release" clicker right?...so, the below should apply as well.

user posted image
3) 60# is very hard to pull... LOL. If you have not shot compound before...stick with the minimum poundage.
You can see your minimum poundage, by looking at the specs in your bow's limb.
The bow has TWO limbs, you can find the reading there.
I assume the lowest might be somewhere 45 pounds.

I shoot 50-52# on indoor 20m....so, that is fine. Don't strain yourself....until you build the right back muscles to pull them.
4. I realize your compound does not come with a stabiliser....
Perhaps you might want to consider getting one.
IF you are hunting...usually it is a short stick in the lower limb....for competition, it is very long , and heavy at the tip.

user posted image

Sorry, I am not sifu.... I already retired 9 years ago....ahahahahha....
Enjoy your shooting on targets...

BEcareful not to hurt any living things.
i found someone that sell custom string+can restring and setting for me for rm300
the price is ok?

and what stabilizer use for?

This post has been edited by akecema: Dec 8 2014, 04:55 PM
Heroicage
post Dec 8 2014, 07:59 PM

Getting Started
246 posts

Stabilizer has 2 main functions

a) reduce vibration across your entire compound bow body
b) reduce sound ( if you have any )

I don't know the market prices these day for re-string...basically, you need to be sure that your draw length is not too away from your anchoring , and you are comfortable in shooting it.

16 Pages « < 12 13 14 15 16 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 AM