Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Archery

views

vinnyming
post Sep 8 2019, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Haven't touched archery in a long while.
These days, if I ever feel like shooting some arrows, I'll just visit those in the malls like the one in Time Square
ZZR-Pilot
post Oct 3 2019, 01:26 AM

Enthusiast
840 posts

QUOTE(vinnyming @ Sep 8 2019, 05:00 PM)
Haven't touched archery in a long while.
These days, if I ever feel like shooting some arrows, I'll just visit those in the malls like the one in Time Square
Expensive. If you've got your own gear, go to any archery range to shoot as many arrows as you want and you pay a fraction of the price.

After a few months of doing my homework on the sport, I decided in May to buy my own cheap Chinese hunting compound bow (I didn't have a good experience with recurves when I took the archery intro class at Malaya Archery... bloody painful) and a dozen decent Chinese carbon arrows to suit my draw length & draw poundage, and I paid for a private coach in Archer's Studio to teach me how to shoot properly for a month.

I found that to be a very pleasant, enjoyable and cost-effective way to get into the sport in a serious fashion. An indoor archery range that lets you shoot hundreds of arrows for RM10 per hour is perfect for this.

At this point, I think I'd like to move up into target compound archery next... so I hope to be able to build myself up to shoot at 45lbs next month onwards, work on my shooting form until I feel ready to move up to shoot outdoors beyond 20m... and be knowledgeable enough to know what gear to plonk the necessary cash on in order to shoot accurately at that distance.

Got a long way to go, but I'm enjoying the progress I'm making.

16 Pages « < 14 15 16Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0384sec    4.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 10:24 PM