Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dating apps, Is it just another way to make money?

views

TSNapalm_man
post Apr 18 2024, 03:17 PM, updated 2 months ago

On my way
660 posts

Last weekend i was lepak with some friends, you know typical blow water session. Then we talk about dating apps, sharing our experience etc. I do have use dating apps, since i'm single so why not right?

We all know that dating apps works by both party liking each other, you like me then i like you and we matched then we chat then see how far we can go. The apps will blurred those who liked us, in order to see who those people are or more accurately to see if the other person are attractive or no, the apps requires you to subscribe.

One of my friends came out with this theory or whatever you guys called it, if you did not subscribe then chances of you getting likes are quite high if you at least looks average. that is how the apps fish or tricks us to subscribe. And after we subscribed, we got less to no likes. I did subscribe to CMB once, and i noticed my friend here is right. No subscribe, i get like 10 likes with my shit face. But then when i subscribe to see those ladies, our conversation just died not long after even with casual or normal conversation. Even met some scammers on the way, you know those pig butcher scam like we see over the internet and even here in LYN got some people sharing their experience.

Oh yes i did get 1 or 2 dates, but it didn't work out and they just ghosted me. I can see they just suddenly lost interest even though i'm trying to keep the conversation alive, could be because i got a shit face.

So what do you think of this? Is dating apps just focus on making money instead of really helping people to make some friends or get a date? Share your experience as well.

-mystery-
post Apr 18 2024, 11:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,435 posts

if you think dating apps is trying to suck your money where your view can be legit because only top 5% of good looking guys get access by the females on there.

If you think you're ugly, why would you force yourself to compete on the internet with no possible advantages?

Just look at outside, i havent seen any guys approach girls in public places ie mall regularly. You said you're a salesperson, you will have advantage by talking to random strangers on the street

This post has been edited by -mystery-: Apr 18 2024, 11:42 PM
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 19 2024, 08:25 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Apr 18 2024, 11:41 PM)
if you think dating apps is trying to suck your money where your view can be legit because only top 5% of good looking guys get access by the females on there.

If you think you're ugly, why would you force yourself to compete on the internet with no possible advantages?

Just look at outside, i havent seen any guys approach girls in public places ie mall regularly. You said you're a salesperson, you will have advantage by talking to random strangers on the street
Here comes the pill guy…
-mystery-
post Apr 19 2024, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 19 2024, 08:25 AM)
Here comes the pill guy…
It's pointless to see this kind of thread
any actions produce results? No.
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 19 2024, 10:44 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Apr 19 2024, 09:25 AM)
It's pointless to see this kind of thread
any actions produce results? No.
To you maybe it is pointless, to me i just simply open to listen for other's experiences. If you said "This is my experiences and i talked to dozens of women" like you always said, then ok so be it.

I won't agree or disagree with you, because of your "I never wrong/lose" types of attitude.
Blofeld
post Apr 19 2024, 06:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,495 posts

you mean that after you started chatting with the ladies, they lost interest in you.

then the problem is the way you chatted with them instead of speculating some conspiracy going around in the app
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 19 2024, 07:29 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Apr 19 2024, 06:37 PM)
you mean that after you started chatting with the ladies, they lost interest in you.

then the problem is the way you chatted with them instead of speculating some conspiracy going around in the app
Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t about me though. I just sharing my experience with dating apps, ghosted or no that’s a different story.
Takudan
post Apr 19 2024, 11:39 PM

Enthusiast
897 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 18 2024, 03:17 PM)
Is dating apps just focus on making money instead of really helping people to make some friends or get a date? Share your experience as well.
I think we can all agree that no business is out there to lose money. Dating app is just another business so they'll surely find ways to earn. That said, one of their success factors is that people actually meet their success eventually, and then recommend others by word of mouth.

I found my success (touch wood so far so good) from FB dating without paying a cent. Sure, you can say "girl ma ofc easier".... But my bf said the same biggrin.gif and I'm obviously not the only one pair out there, I've heard many success stories.

That being said, I also believe that dating apps are fixating user's mindset and that's a not entirely a good thing for the dating scene. To start, it guides you through profile creation and you literally fill up a form -- there is a preset of questions to answer. It also gives you all kinds of preferences to filter out people. Now you already have a set of criteria in your head and if someone doesn't meet it, you swipe left. Sounds easy, and I think to a certain extent, it helps. E.g. I hate smoking so a smoker is a deal-breaker to me. Anyone who smokes, we don't have to waste time on each other, cool. Add in 10 more "deal-breakers", you suddenly end up with a very small pool of candidates. Look at couples around you and better yet, talk to them. Or at least, let me just say this: he has qualities I never thought I needed until I got to know him, some of which was quite opposite of what I thought I wanted. It takes knowing others to know yourself more.

Well, it tells you to write whatever you want in a free field description so you're not bound to set rules, doesn't that solve the problem? But that exactly is the problem too!
A) You write a full essay about yourself, people lose interest in interacting with you anymore - and you also tell them what to think of you without a two-way exchange to share the details. People read something they don't like and they just proceed to swipe left.

B) You write a list of criteria you're looking for - well that practically goes back to the previous problem: you're limiting your pool. Moreover, someone who reads, "I'm looking for a mature adult", ironically indicates that you're on the immature side that you cannot deal with it.

C) You don't write ANYTHING. Well then you're not giving people a reason to know you; a mystery to solve.

IMO, dating apps, paid or not, is just a tool for you to achieve your goal of finding a partner. It may not work for you but doesn't mean it's faulty; someone else may find use for it.
WaCKy-Angel
post Apr 19 2024, 11:59 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,684 posts

Last weekend i was lepak with some friends, you know typical blow water session. Then we talk about dating apps, sharing our experience etc. I do have use dating apps, since i'm single so why not right?

We all know that dating apps works by both party liking each other, you like me then i like you and we matched then we chat then see how far we can go. The apps will blurred those who liked us, in order to see who those people are or more accurately to see if the other person are attractive or no, the apps requires you to subscribe.

One of my friends came out with this theory or whatever you guys called it, if you did not subscribe then chances of you getting likes are quite high if you at least looks average. that is how the apps fish or tricks us to subscribe. And after we subscribed, we got less to no likes. I did subscribe to CMB once, and i noticed my friend here is right. No subscribe, i get like 10 likes with my shit face. But then when i subscribe to see those ladies, our conversation just died not long after even with casual or normal conversation. Even met some scammers on the way, you know those pig butcher scam like we see over the internet and even here in LYN got some people sharing their experience.

Oh yes i did get 1 or 2 dates, but it didn't work out and they just ghosted me. I can see they just suddenly lost interest even though i'm trying to keep the conversation alive, could be because i got a shit face.

So what do you think of this? Is dating apps just focus on making money instead of really helping people to make some friends or get a date? Share your experience as well.
I'm not sure what is this "likes" u talking about.
Is it like Instagram/tiktok ppl can like ur profile?

If yes, it could be true what u saying..the app may have bot programmed to lure u to subscribe.
Or it could be just the person hope u will like their profile back, to gain popularity just like how Instagram works.

Ofcourse the app/website maker is about money. What makes u think otherwise?

Anyway i'm not sure why u relate ur bad experience of being ghosted or they lost interest in u to what u claiming (website/app make money).

Unless u mean by subscribing u expect u get love potion?
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 20 2024, 09:27 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Apr 19 2024, 11:39 PM)
I think we can all agree that no business is out there to lose money. Dating app is just another business so they'll surely find ways to earn. That said, one of their success factors is that people actually meet their success eventually, and then recommend others by word of mouth.

I found my success (touch wood so far so good) from FB dating without paying a cent. Sure, you can say "girl ma ofc easier".... But my bf said the same biggrin.gif and I'm obviously not the only one pair out there, I've heard many success stories.

That being said, I also believe that dating apps are fixating user's mindset and that's a not entirely a good thing for the dating scene. To start, it guides you through profile creation and you literally fill up a form -- there is a preset of questions to answer. It also gives you all kinds of preferences to filter out people. Now you already have a set of criteria in your head and if someone doesn't meet it, you swipe left. Sounds easy, and I think to a certain extent, it helps. E.g. I hate smoking so a smoker is a deal-breaker to me. Anyone who smokes, we don't have to waste time on each other, cool. Add in 10 more "deal-breakers", you suddenly end up with a very small pool of candidates. Look at couples around you and better yet, talk to them. Or at least, let me just say this: he has qualities I never thought I needed until I got to know him, some of which was quite opposite of what I thought I wanted. It takes knowing others to know yourself more.

Well, it tells you to write whatever you want in a free field description so you're not bound to set rules, doesn't that solve the problem? But that exactly is the problem too!
A) You write a full essay about yourself, people lose interest in interacting with you anymore - and you also tell them what to think of you without a two-way exchange to share the details. People read something they don't like and they just proceed to swipe left.

B) You write a list of criteria you're looking for - well that practically goes back to the previous problem: you're limiting your pool. Moreover, someone who reads, "I'm looking for a mature adult", ironically indicates that you're on the immature side that you cannot deal with it.

C) You don't write ANYTHING. Well then you're not giving people a reason to know you; a mystery to solve.

IMO, dating apps, paid or not, is just a tool for you to achieve your goal of finding a partner. It may not work for you but doesn't mean it's faulty; someone else may find use for it.
Look, an opinion instead of bashing or trolling.

Anyway i would agreed with your point above, again this isn’t about me alone as i only sharing my experience with dating apps. Again, ghosted or no that’s a different story because we’re talking about dating apps not dating experiences.

You have my likes there
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 20 2024, 09:36 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Apr 19 2024, 11:59 PM)
I'm not sure what is this "likes" u talking about.
Is it like Instagram/tiktok ppl can like ur profile?

If yes, it could be true what u saying..the app may have bot programmed to lure u to subscribe.
Or it could be just the person hope u will like their profile back, to gain popularity just like how Instagram works.

Ofcourse the app/website maker is about money. What makes u think otherwise?

Anyway i'm not sure why u relate ur bad experience of being ghosted or they lost interest in u to what u claiming (website/app make money).

Unless u mean by subscribing u expect u get love potion?
And due to previous experience with you and some other users like that super confident talking with girls 100% will get their numbers pills dude(he commented my thread here), I’ll be polite with you this time.

The likes in dating apps is where you swiping right on those profiles they showed to you, for example you see a good looking or decent dude, you kind of like him then you swipe right. That’s the like I’m talking about, in case yoy misunderstood.

Making money, the developers asking you to subcribe in order to get more features BUT then you get more like without subscribing then you get almost non after subscribed. Not sure though if this happens to some man or ladies out there but me and some of my friends did experience this, is this a scam? Wouldn’t say it is since i did get 1-2 dates from it even it didn’t work out.

About me getting ghosted, i just simply sharing my experience. Now sharing experiences not the same as crying or bitching about something, i didn’t hold any grudges about it tbh because i don’t like forcing people or being forced. Hope that clarifies things before you said i’m a cry baby.
GetUrAssKicked
post Apr 20 2024, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

Doesn't make sense for the dating apps to intentionally reduce the number of like that a particular profile receive upon user's subscription right?

I mean, what is there to gain if the user experience is not good and they decided to not continue their subcription?

TSNapalm_man
post Apr 20 2024, 10:04 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(GetUrAssKicked @ Apr 20 2024, 09:55 AM)
Doesn't make sense for the dating apps to intentionally reduce the number of like that a particular profile receive upon user's subscription right?

I mean, what is there to gain if the user experience is not good and they decided to not continue their subcription?
That’s what me and my friends experienced, for whatever reason we didn’t get any likes after we subcribed. I believe this only happened to a few, others should be still getting likes after subscribing. Hence it’s been a while since the last time I’m using dating apps, nowadays I don’t know if still the same though.
moon88
post Apr 21 2024, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Takudan @ Apr 19 2024, 11:39 PM)

Can't agree with you more, after getting you and some people's advices, I start using dating apps to know single men, although I went out with 6 guys but it didn't work, dating apps are just a platform for us to know single men or some insincere men who are looking for other purposes.
moon88
post Apr 21 2024, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 20 2024, 10:04 AM)
That’s what me and my friends experienced, for whatever reason we didn’t get any likes after we subcribed. I believe this only happened to a few, others should be still getting likes after subscribing. Hence it’s been a while since the last time I’m using dating apps, nowadays I don’t know if still the same though.
I would like to be honest that high chance that you and your friends are not attractive enough to get attention from the ladies from dating apps.
-mystery-
post Apr 21 2024, 07:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,435 posts

QUOTE(moon88 @ Apr 21 2024, 05:41 PM)
I would like to be honest that high chance that you and your friends are not attractive enough to get attention from the ladies from dating apps.
ive friend who goes to gym (show muscles) and hobbies
he gets regular matches and can easily ask girl to meet up and go to his place. Just shows you how disadvantageous a male is if he doesnt work on his value

Of course, my friend is very picky with which girl he wants to sleep with, but girls will just keep knocking his door

just proven another point, most girls just wanna be farked.
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 21 2024, 07:51 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(moon88 @ Apr 21 2024, 05:41 PM)
This i agreed
TSNapalm_man
post Apr 21 2024, 07:57 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(-mystery- @ Apr 21 2024, 07:02 PM)
ive friend who goes to gym (show muscles) and hobbies
he gets regular matches and can easily ask girl to meet up and go to his place. Just shows you how disadvantageous a male is if he doesnt work on his value

Of course, my friend is very picky with which girl he wants to sleep with, but girls will just keep knocking his door

just proven another point, most girls just wanna be farked.
I remember few times you said looks does not matter and you yourself spoke with countless random girl and manage to get their number, then now that your muscular buddy get to choose which girls to bang?
How do i remember? Because it was you who kept disagreeing me about shit face don't get girls. Oh and never try never know right you said? Confident is the key right?

Let me finish this for you, your muscle friend there either average or good looking.
-mystery-
post Apr 21 2024, 08:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,435 posts

QUOTE(Napalm_man @ Apr 21 2024, 07:57 PM)
I remember few times you said looks does not matter and you yourself spoke with countless random girl and manage to get their number, then now that your muscular buddy get to choose which girls to bang?
How do i remember? Because it was you who kept disagreeing me about shit face don't get girls. Oh and never try never know right you said? Confident is the key right?

Let me finish this for you, your muscle friend there either average or good looking.
If you ugly n lazy to talk to girls, you're farked for most part
most girls dont approach you unless you're celebrity
having money and looks or muscle is just a passive way to attract girls

Of course, if i had all the packages i wouldnt need to spend time online i already have girls to fark 24/7
Life_House
post Apr 22 2024, 12:07 AM

Casual
495 posts

It's not the fault of dating apps.
It's not your fault about your physical unattractiveness.

In fact it's not about anything or anyone''s fault.
It's just part of the journey of finding your Specific Person.
Some ppl got it faster while some take some time. It's so normal.

What we Think, we "broadcast " to the universe.
What we broadcast, we attract...
The loops repeat.

The "attractiveness " of a person comes from the "inner vibes".

Their ways of thinking.
Their values on life, relationship, money and some other important parts of life.
Their daily habits and routines that help to shape or strengthen their vibes.
So it would reflect on how they communicate to the opposite genders.

It might worth your thoughts...

Probably you may consider split up your after work time to learn about self improvement, about financial management, about taking care your health, about managing relationship from some of the well known and proven successful figures..

To see significant results, it means to take some significant changes in your daily habits and routines..
It means you might need to adjust some time to be in silent mode in order for you to be able to execute the changes, more efficiently.

Probably you may also start with consistent work out on daily basis.
If you are on budget, there are lots of demo videos on YouTube on overall or partially work out.
If you wish enjoy the gym environment then apply gym membership.

But above all things, if you wish find luck in dating apps, you may reflect on yourself....

What are your. "Core beliefs " towards the roles of females in relationship and in marriage ?

How would you like to communicate with them in ways that let them feel that not only you're a bit interesting but most importantly, they can feel your genuine respect and genuine intentions to females ?
....Assume you wish find a lady that could probably with you lifetime. If this is the case.

Not all ladies wants very good looking guys.
For some ladies, as long as the guys keep their appearance neat, clean, tidy, and with good integrity,
and with heavy sense of responsibility, even plain looking guys can get their good match.

Most ppl are not born good at everything...
It just take times on learning . And keep learning along the the life.

When you start the changes bit by bit and your confidence grow, you attract better pools of quality match and eventually might be your specific person.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.70    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 09:53 PM