Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Insurance Talk V7!, Your one stop Insurance Discussion

views

denion
post May 21 2022, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

QUOTE(Kakwen @ May 19 2022, 10:08 PM)
Is it worthed it to buy medical insurance for hospital in case of anything or just put money into stock and let it earn then take out if needed
when it comes to insurance, it's not about worth it or not if compared to investment. one is for risk transfer another one is for wealth accumulation. in general, i will say better to have both wink.gif

QUOTE(ExCrIpT @ May 20 2022, 05:54 PM)
my Premium per year is around 800++, been paying for more than 20 years. i got back 10k
ok good to hear that at least you'd managed to take back something thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(umboy @ May 20 2022, 07:40 PM)
Do not buy from bank insurance agent
They will push products for commission
The coverage is small amount and all are insurance link investment
hi umboy, if it is for saving a portion asides its still okay but not for insurance. bancassurance ("bank insurance agent") is not very well verse with insurance policies especially when it comes to the protection side. that's why they propose mostly on savings which has low coverage. can't blame them as that is not their profession.
kerolzarmyfanboy
post May 21 2022, 10:04 PM

On my way
519 posts

Hi fellas, first time insurance buyer here. smile.gif could I have your recommendations on which medical insurance the most hassle free (as in, just need to show insurance card to panel hospital and get admission relatively easily) but yet affordable?

been reading on ringgitplus as well and seem a standalone medical card is better suited for me I think, since I just want a simple medical insurance.. but not exactly certain which one would be best and most convenient. Looking from Ringgitplus site, AIA A-Life Med Regular medical card seem to be suitable but would love to hear your opinions as well.

some personal details and my criteria:
- Age 28
- no illnesses
- non-smoker
- working in IT sector
- covers room at least RM250 per day
- preferably monthly premium less than RM300 I guess?

This post has been edited by kerolzarmyfanboy: May 21 2022, 10:07 PM
lifebalance
post May 21 2022, 10:08 PM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,028 posts

QUOTE(kerolzarmyfanboy @ May 21 2022, 10:04 PM)
Hi fellas, first time insurance buyer here.  smile.gif  could I have your recommendations on which medical insurance the most hassle free (as in, just need to show insurance card to panel hospital and get admission relatively easily) but yet affordable?

been reading on ringgitplus as well and seem a standalone medical card is better suited for me I think, since I just want a simple medical insurance.. but not exactly certain which one would be best and most convenient. Looking from Ringgitplus site, AIA A-Life Med Regular medical card seem to be suitable but would love to hear your opinions as well.

- Age 28
- no illnesses
- non-smoker
Insurance companies are connected in the hospital system so there is no such thing as one company is much superior unless you're their VVIP customer.

That being said if you're looking to customized your insurance plan then you should meet and talk to advisors.

denion
post May 21 2022, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
hi kerolzarmyfanboy, if you are just talking about medical card, yeap the AIA one you mentioned is good, just dont forget to add in the booster to increase the annual limit to at least a million. for premium of around RM300, maybe you can look into getting at least coverage to payout upon diagnosis of critical illnesses. for this better to have it discuss with agent/advisor. wink.gif
adele123
post May 22 2022, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

Hi fellas, first time insurance buyer here.  smile.gif  could I have your recommendations on which medical insurance the most hassle free (as in, just need to show insurance card to panel hospital and get admission relatively easily) but yet affordable?

- Age 28
- no illnesses
- non-smoker
- working in IT sector
So... Personal experience from family members who are older. Medical plan only cover cost of hospitalisation. When you exit the hospital, other things are not covered (medical plan do cover some follow up) Or rather, when you are super sick, likely you need money to recover at home. Getting a critical illness coverage is also important (both are important).

But you are still young, chances of happening will be low. But I still recommend getting it.

Like me, now want to buy sure will have special condition/exclusion. Cause when core family member get sick, affects your insurance application even though I'm normal.

Get in touch with an agent to work this out. Btw, your employer no cover your hospitalisation?

This post has been edited by adele123: May 22 2022, 11:41 AM
kucingfight
post May 23 2022, 04:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,736 posts

to ask for some clarification, i'm on ILP. in my policy statement, i see the tab 'Policy Value/ Total Investment Value' of XX value. can i confirm, if this XX is surrender value?

'
ping325
post May 23 2022, 04:42 PM

Prudential Advisor
859 posts

QUOTE(kucingfight @ May 23 2022, 04:36 PM)
to ask for some clarification, i'm on ILP. in my policy statement, i see the tab 'Policy Value/ Total Investment Value' of XX value. can i confirm, if this XX is surrender value?
'
Case to case basis , because nowadays ILP also got many different types with bonus or other cash benefit.
It is the best to look for surrender value instead of fund value.
Some ILP funds value may not be exactly the same as surrender value.
Example for prudential as below :
Attached Image

This post has been edited by ping325: May 23 2022, 04:44 PM
lifebalance
post May 23 2022, 04:47 PM

All Stars
10,028 posts

'
Yes.
kucingfight
post May 23 2022, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
5,736 posts

@ping325
@lifebalance

thanks for the replies. yes you know it right it's GE. how do i surrender the policy? can it be done online?

lifebalance
post May 23 2022, 05:24 PM

All Stars
10,028 posts

QUOTE(kucingfight @ May 23 2022, 05:21 PM)
@ping325
@lifebalance

thanks for the replies. yes you know it right it's GE. how do i surrender the policy? can it be done online?
Submit the surrender/termination document to your agent or the nearest Great Eastern office.
denion
post May 23 2022, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

'
QUOTE(kucingfight @ May 23 2022, 05:21 PM)
@ping325
@lifebalance

hi kucingfight, yes the Total Investment Value is the current value in your policy. of course when you surrender it, there is a chance you won't get the exact value because it depends on upon processing, what is the fund price at that time. But it wouldn't differ a lot UNLESS market crash hard? usually it won't la.

there are few ways to surrender it, when you have the forms and documents ready, you can either submit it via eConnect or go to branch office to surrender it via customer service (remember to make appointment via their website) or you can contact your agent, it's just 2 sets of forms and your photocopy of IC.

*do take note if got beneficiaries (parents/spouse) or trustee, they need to sign on the surrender form as well. wink.gif
Human Nature
post May 24 2022, 05:04 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,131 posts

I have a noob question.

If a policy has a crisis cover benefit of RM10000 and already claim RM10000 in a surgery previously, can still claim in future? or once reach RM10000, cannot claim anymore?
Holocene
post May 24 2022, 05:06 PM

Independent Financial Advisor
901 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 24 2022, 05:04 PM)
I have a noob question.

If a policy has a crisis cover benefit of RM10000 and already claim RM10000 in a surgery previously, can still claim in future? or once reach RM10000, cannot claim anymore?
Refer to your policy contract.
Human Nature
post May 24 2022, 05:09 PM

All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(Holocene @ May 24 2022, 05:06 PM)
Refer to your policy contract.
I dont have the contract. The policy holder is my old relative and can hardly get any info from online system.
ping325
post May 24 2022, 05:41 PM

Prudential Advisor
859 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ May 24 2022, 05:04 PM)
I have a noob question.

The answer is cannot , you cannot claim for Crisis Cover portion anymore. Other portion still can claim.
Below is one of my client sample for you to refer.
Attached Image
Human Nature
post May 24 2022, 05:56 PM

All Stars
25,131 posts

QUOTE(ping325 @ May 24 2022, 05:41 PM)
The answer is cannot , you cannot claim for Crisis Cover portion anymore. Other portion still can claim.
Below is one of my client sample for you to refer.
Attached Image
Thanks, got it
SUSys671
post May 27 2022, 02:32 AM

23 posts

My agent came and give me a form below named Revision in Exclusion Clause Reply Slip.

Attached Image

After i read, i decided to not sign it but my agent tell me it is compulsory? Is this true?

This post has been edited by ys671: May 27 2022, 02:32 AM
lifebalance
post May 27 2022, 09:30 AM

All Stars
10,028 posts

QUOTE(ys671 @ May 27 2022, 02:32 AM)
My agent came and give me a form below named Revision in Exclusion Clause Reply Slip.

Attached Image

After i read, i decided to not sign it but my agent tell me it is compulsory? Is this true?
You applied for an upgrade previously and accepted an opt-in campaign that prudential had. Then this is a requirement to accept the revised tnc.
adele123
post May 27 2022, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

QUOTE(ys671 @ May 27 2022, 02:32 AM)

Attached Image

This is to ask if you want your medical plan to cover covid and any future pandemic basically. You can choose yes or no.

But what i understand is all customers will get the SMS, reply yes or no. My spouse replied Y already to the sms.

This paper is it because you didnt reply sms? Process aside, it depends whether you want to get covered or not.
SUSys671
post May 27 2022, 09:55 PM

23 posts

Guys, i know what this form for. My main question is, is this compulsory to sign? From what others reply here, it looks like this is optional. Haiz. Always met dishonest agent.

This post has been edited by ys671: May 27 2022, 09:56 PM

259 Pages « < 106 107 108 109 110 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 PM