Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cat Lovers V8 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

petlover01
post Feb 11 2021, 10:13 AM

22 posts

Hi guys! I have 2 kittens (1 is around 6 months old and another is about 10 months old), my husband & I adopted them at a different time and integrated them well, now they are friends. Right now we are facing an issue with my 10 months old kitten, we notice that ever since we adopted her, she start scooting.

We brought her to the vet to empty her anal glands (which isn't alot to empty) and she still scoots! So we thought she is allergic to the protein that is in her diet, we eliminate that as well but she STILL scoots. The vet has no idea how to help me anymore and everytime she scoots, it leaves a mark there on our furniture and sometimes our bed.

Anyone has similar experience or idea on how to stop her from scooting? Vet said it is due to something and not habit, we couldn't figure out what it is. Thank you!!
geelim77
post Feb 13 2021, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

Hi, any cat sifu here know what breed of cat is this?

[attachmentid=10787274]
[attachmentid=10787274]

This post has been edited by geelim77: Feb 13 2021, 12:12 AM
neome
post Feb 13 2021, 06:21 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(petlover01 @ Feb 11 2021, 10:13 AM)
Hi guys! I have 2 kittens (1 is around 6 months old and another is about 10 months old), my husband & I adopted them at a different time and integrated them well, now they are friends. Right now we are facing an issue with my 10 months old kitten, we notice that ever since we adopted her, she start scooting.

We brought her to the vet to empty her anal glands (which isn't alot to empty) and she still scoots! So we thought she is allergic to the protein that is in her diet, we eliminate that as well but she STILL scoots. The vet has no idea how to help me anymore and everytime she scoots, it leaves a mark there on our furniture and sometimes our bed.

Anyone has similar experience or idea on how to stop her from scooting? Vet said it is due to something and not habit, we couldn't figure out what it is. Thank you!!
I only had 1 experience with my cat scooting, but thank god it lasted for only a couple of days, I didnt do anything and it was self limiting. If it still persists then there must be something causing itchiness at the area like worm infection, did ur vet tried giving any worm meds?
easywin3
post Feb 13 2021, 07:35 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(geelim77 @ Feb 13 2021, 12:05 AM)
Hi, any cat sifu here know what breed of cat is this?
Look like mixed of British Short Hair Golden and Bengal,
British Short Hair Golden : https://www.mudah.my/British+Short+Hair+Gol...le-88657740.htm
Bengal : https://www.mudah.my/Bengal+mixed+Munchkin+...en-88684137.htm

basilisk
post Feb 13 2021, 09:53 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(petlover01 @ Feb 11 2021, 10:13 AM)

When it scoots, take note of the condition of the poop.
Scoot cos wana get rid of poop tht got stuck in the anus, paste sticky poop, watery poop, strands of grass or other objects, or other stuffs tht irritates the anus.
geelim77
post Feb 14 2021, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(easywin3 @ Feb 13 2021, 07:35 PM)
Look like mixed of British Short Hair Golden and Bengal,
British Short Hair Golden : https://www.mudah.my/British+Short+Hair+Gol...le-88657740.htm
Bengal : https://www.mudah.my/Bengal+mixed+Munchkin+...en-88684137.htm
Ok, thanks for your reply.
Manage to visit the pet shop this evening, the staff told me it's domestic shorthair.
neome
post Feb 14 2021, 12:28 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(geelim77 @ Feb 14 2021, 12:14 AM)
Ok, thanks for your reply.
Manage to visit the pet shop this evening, the staff told me it's domestic shorthair.
They are selling a domestic shorthair at a petshop?
geelim77
post Feb 14 2021, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 14 2021, 12:28 AM)
No, I brought the cat to the shop to ask.
neome
post Feb 14 2021, 12:39 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(geelim77 @ Feb 14 2021, 12:35 AM)
Ic ok, i think its very difficult to ascertain the breed of a cat for sure just by looking at it unless u do a DNA test which I dont think is available in Malaysia or is there? hmm.gif
geelim77
post Feb 14 2021, 08:22 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 14 2021, 12:39 AM)
Ic ok, i think its very difficult to ascertain the breed of a cat for sure just by looking at it unless u do a DNA test which I dont think is available in Malaysia or is there?  hmm.gif
Don't think there is DNA test for cat in malaysia.
Not gonna spend $$$ for such test too unless you're a pedigree breeder.

Just curious to know what this cat breed I found wandering around the block.
petlover01
post Feb 16 2021, 01:49 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 13 2021, 06:21 PM)
I only had 1 experience with my cat scooting, but thank god it lasted for only a couple of days, I didnt do anything and it was self limiting. If it still persists then there must be something causing itchiness at the area like worm infection, did ur vet tried giving any worm meds?
Yes we did deworm her. unsure.gif

QUOTE(basilisk @ Feb 13 2021, 09:53 PM)
When it scoots, take note of the condition of the poop.
Scoot cos wana get rid of poop tht got stuck in the anus, paste sticky poop, watery poop, strands of grass or other objects, or other stuffs tht irritates the anus.
We wash her butt with water everytime we see her do her business straight. But after washing, still scoots! sad.gif
TSspunkberry
post Feb 17 2021, 06:55 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 14 2021, 12:28 AM)
QUOTE(geelim77 @ Feb 14 2021, 12:35 AM)
Domestic shorthair is a common mixed-breed short-haired cat.
Cat breeds only matter for cat shows, for home pets they matter less than zero. I don't understand why people care about what breed the cat is.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Feb 17 2021, 06:56 AM
jaswwp
post Feb 17 2021, 11:57 PM

Life is but a dream ~
3,782 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Feb 17 2021, 06:55 AM)
Cat breeds only matter for cat shows, for home pets they matter less than zero. I don't understand why people care about what breed the cat is.
Curiosity I guess. I googled for few days to find out what is the color type of my cat since for sure I know it's just domestic shorthair. Found out the markings is similar to Lynx point siamese. Sounds fancy only lol.

user posted image
neome
post Feb 18 2021, 02:19 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(jaswwp @ Feb 17 2021, 11:57 PM)
Curiosity I guess. I googled for few days to find out what is the color type of my cat since for sure I know it's just domestic shorthair. Found out the markings is similar to Lynx point siamese. Sounds fancy only lol.
Exactly, I luv to learn more about my cats not just for fun but to understand them better, I would pay for a DNA test for my long hair cat that I got from someone to know more about the breed and so his personality, health probs etc if the price is not too much rolleyes.gif

Ur cat is beautiful btw, I got a chocolate point siamese with tabby markings (I googled it too) and pretty blue eyes, quite similar to urs thumbup.gif he is so vocal and highly demanding for attention laugh.gif

This post has been edited by neome: Feb 18 2021, 02:29 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSspunkberry
post Feb 18 2021, 04:47 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Elite
1,890 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 18 2021, 02:19 AM)
Exactly, I luv to learn more about my cats not just for fun but to understand them better, I would pay for a DNA test for my long hair cat that I got from someone to know more about the breed and so his personality, health probs etc if the price is not too much   rolleyes.gif

Ur cat is beautiful btw, I got a chocolate point siamese with tabby markings (I googled it too) and pretty blue eyes, quite similar to urs  thumbup.gif he is so vocal and highly demanding for attention laugh.gif
If you have a domestic shorthair/medium-hair/long-hair, it is my opinion that you are wasting your money because breed personality doesn't factor in at all significantly.
If you have a purebred cat, then that might make more sense, but you wouldn't need to do a DNA test anyway.

You are free to do what you want though.

This post has been edited by spunkberry: Feb 18 2021, 04:49 AM
jaswwp
post Feb 18 2021, 06:42 PM

Life is but a dream ~
3,782 posts

QUOTE(neome @ Feb 18 2021, 02:19 AM)
Exactly, I luv to learn more about my cats not just for fun but to understand them better, I would pay for a DNA test for my long hair cat that I got from someone to know more about the breed and so his personality, health probs etc if the price is not too much  rolleyes.gif

Ur cat is beautiful btw, I got a chocolate point siamese with tabby markings (I googled it too) and pretty blue eyes, quite similar to urs  thumbup.gif he is so vocal and highly demanding for attention laugh.gif
Lovely kitty. Is he pure bred Siamese? Mine is just stray cats offspring haha but very vocal too.
neome
post Feb 18 2021, 11:02 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(jaswwp @ Feb 18 2021, 06:42 PM)
Lovely kitty. Is he pure bred Siamese? Mine is just stray cats offspring haha but very vocal too.
No, he was a stray as well rolleyes.gif
hirano
post Feb 19 2021, 06:12 AM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

I got this for free. But I don't think cheese is good for animals? Should i just throw these away?

user posted image
geelim77
post Feb 19 2021, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(spunkberry @ Feb 17 2021, 06:55 AM)
know the breed just to learn and better understand your cat lor........like some shop want to sell me RC BSH kitten kibble when RC kitten kibble out of stock, lucky i didn't buy, the vet told me not suitable for DSH because kibble for BSH is harder to bite as BSH have stronger jaw...... hmm.gif
basilisk
post Feb 20 2021, 10:27 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(hirano @ Feb 19 2021, 06:12 AM)
I got this for free. But I don't think cheese is good for animals? Should i just throw these away?

user posted image
got these for free as well, it's expired so i place it on a shelf, but d idiot cat somehow can detect there's food inside the stick, ripped it apart n ate 4 sticks..

This post has been edited by basilisk: Feb 20 2021, 10:27 PM

33 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:37 PM